Your Favourite Games

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #61 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:44 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Spoiler: Chrono Trigger
This should absolutely be no surprise.
I stumbled on this game by complete accident, gave it my 15 mins obligitory play time, and I was thoroughly hooked. Then I learned there was New Game Plus (And this game is the origin of the new game plus), then I learned this was all packed into 32 Megabits. That's 4 megabytes. For an end-of-life game for the SNES this is both technically, visually and audibly impressive even when you compare to other End-of-console-life games.

The story has a lot of twists and turns, and while linear it does open up a little later. The pacing in the game is fantastic and on a standard play through you should never really be struggling to get past a section except for the boss fights.

On a personal note, this game became my escape from reality, it led to my oldest friend and to my partner, it cracked my egg and then some.

Spoiler: Populous: The Beginning
Another escape, and honestly another crack in the egg.
Bullfrog was the absolute best at making games, I dare you to defy me. PopTB was completely amazing, entire worlds as levels each requiring different tactics and shenangians to beat, you can mould the land, go completely overkill with warriors, firewarriors, priests, braves, balloons boats and most importantly, your Shaman.

Spoiler: Pokémon Gen 2
I was introduced to Pokémon when it first released, I had a brand new Game Boy Pocket, Pokémon Blue and the Prima Strategy Guide. The first gen was absolutely incredible to me at the time, I had the entire game memorised. The pokémon, when they'd evolve, the moves they'd learn, where to find what pokémon, everything. Then Gen 2 came along.

I'd lost quite a bit of my fixation by then, but I was blown away all over again. I beat the game repeatedly, I did Trainer Class runs on it based on what I thought each trainer class might have, it brought a whole new dimension and life to a game I already had a significant amount of passion for.

Spoiler: Metroid Prime
Hands down, the absolute best Metroid game out there. As much as Ocarina of Time made the jump from the 2D to 3D absolutely incredible for Legend of Zelda, this did it and more for Metroid. Metroid Prime 2 felt really short to me in comparison, Hunters was good but forgettable, 3 was too easy, I sailed through that on hard mode.

For early Gamecube title, compared to most other games the visuals on this game absolutely stunned me. The development as the story as you went kept you hooked, and Meta Ridley belongs in the trash, I could not beat him for 9 BLOODY MONTHS.

Honourable mention to Other M, I don't care what people say, I liked it. It filled in a lot of the story around Adam from Fusion.

Spoiler: Ocarina of Time
This game has aged amazingly well, for an N64 title that was heavily dependant on the Expansion Pack for the best quality, it was beautiful with and without it.
I still play it, I have tried to speedrun it, I have learned a number of glitches and tricks from the Randomiser, and I will not hear a bad this game ever. You cannot legitimately critique it except for one or two areas needed fleshing out imo.

Spoiler: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Now I get these arent for everyone, but Capcom absolutely did not let nintendo down with these two games. I'm sad they couldn't get the 3rd one done in time, but, these two games feel fully complete as individual games and as a set. You have 4 ways to play with the two games too as there's a sorta new-game-plus, and you get different items in each version.

One is more puzzle based and the other is more adventure based, but honestly please give them a try if you haven't.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Never played it, did watch a speerun of it.
It's a weird game. o.o

Return to “The Arcade”