Telephone Pictionary: Waggingly Good Tales (Done!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Telephone Pictionary: Waggingly Good Tales (Done!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

As we've now passed over the year since the last telephone pictionary ran, I (Cheery Dog) am taking it upon myself to have it run again.

Telephone Pictionary (also called Eat Poop You Cat, Fax Machines, Gartic Phone and probably some other things) is a game of silly miscommunication. The results of the most recent game can be found here, and they'll give you a better idea of how things work than any description I can type. Drawing--and drawing under 72 hour deadlines--is required, although talent isn't necessary. (Effort is still appreciated!)

Status
: Everything is in. Everything is up. Everything is awesome.

Players
:
  1. Cheetory6
  2. Farren
  3. VashtaNeurotic
  4. NotAJumbleOfNumbers
  5. Haschel Cedricson
  6. tris
  7. Sirius9121
  8. chamber
  9. Korina
  10. Nexus
  11. N
  12. CaptainMeme
  13. xofelf
  14. shiki
  15. Jake the Wolfie
  16. StrangerCoug
  17. DrippingGoofball
    Save The Dragons

18. schadd_
  19. Aristophanes
  20. Chickadee
Completed Chains
:
Affenpinscher
Beagle
Chihuahua
Dachshund
Eurasier
Flat Coated Retriever
Great Dane
Harrier
Irish Setter
Jack Russell Terrier
Kuvasz
Labrador
Mastiff
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
Otterhound
Poodle*
Qimmiq
Rottweiler
Schnauzer
Tenterfield Terrier

*on the borderline in terms of safe for work
Last edited by Telephone Dog on Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 91 times in total.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Rules from the last game because still very relevant
Cheetory6 wrote:tl;dr: Fast chains get fast reveals. Slow players get replaced. And your chain had better not corrupt any innocent 13-year-olds.

Sentence deadlines are 24 hours.
  • Game Flow:

• Everyone signed up should start by PMing me with a sentence. It shouldn't be incredibly long, but it can basically be as silly as you want it to be. Some good examples can be found in these chains, but please don't copy those exactly.
  • When the game starts, each of these sentences will be sent out to a different player.
    This player will have 72 hours
    to portray that sentence in picture form and send me the result.
  • Please don't actually take 72 hours every single round.
    If you're busy sometimes, that's fine, but if you're consistently waiting until the last day, please keep in mind that other people might be waiting on you. This isn't technically against the rules, but don't make me disappointed in you!!!!!!!!!!
  • When you get a picture, you have 24 hours to send in a sentence summarizing it.
    I'll send you pictures to summarize as sentences as I receive them, even if you already have other things to draw/write. Please send in sentences promptly! It shouldn't take too long.
  • You'll only have one active picture to draw at a time. I might send you sneak peaks of future sentences, but you won't be under any deadline obligations for those until later. (But feel free to complete them early anyway!)
  • Each chain will continue for 13 of these rounds: 7 sentences and 6 pictures. Chains will be posted on the wiki as they are completed, which will probably vary wildly.
  • If you cannot meet a deadline, please notify me as soon as you've received the sentence (or picture)--or, better yet, tell me before you receive one. I will find somebody else and send it there. I will also do this automatically if you have not drawn it in 72 hours.
  • If you miss a picture deadline, future deadlines shrink by 24 hours. I might restore the full time after a few rounds, if I don't have to prod you under those conditions. (But please just try to not miss deadlines! That's the best approach.)
  • Somebody who consistently fails to meet deadlines will be kicked out of the game at my discretion. Especially somebody who doesn't announce V/LAs beforehand. So don't do that!
  • Picture/sentence standards:

• Any drawing program--Photoshop, Flash, MS Paint--will do. Drawing pictures by hand and scanning them will also do. Making a diorama with paper cutouts and silly putty and sending a photograph of that will do. The sky is pretty much the limit here. In fact, if you can get your hands on one of those airplanes that draws pictures out of fake clouds, then the sky is literally the limit here.
  • Having said that, please draw everything from scratch. You can use Google Images as a reference, but don't paste other people's pictures into your own.
  • Words are completely banned. English letters used to denote words, and codes (camel octopus dinosaur eagle snake), will also be sent back with a stern warning, although if it's relevant you can use them to portray the alphabet. Numbers and symbols and math are all fine.
  • Please don't intentionally mislead anybody--do the most accurate non-legalistic picture that you can. The chain will find a way to mutate anyway.
  • Pictures should be 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall. Please don't go too far over that; some of us have tiny laptop screens. Photographs are best saved as JPGs; otherwise, if in doubt, you should probably save as a PNG. Do not save as a BMP under any circumstances or I'll have to ask you to reformat it before sending it onward, and nobody wants that.
  • Please be mindful of where you upload your pictures to. Tinypic deletes its pictures without warning, and anything uploaded to the wiki is accessible by other players. Most people use Imgur or Discord uploads these days.
  • When you upload, don't save it under a name that will hint at its origins. This is something else that you'll need to reformat over.
  • Okay, on to sentences. Keep it to one sentence and don't be too legalistic about what you are summarizing. If you don't think the picture is about the fourth wall, don't break the fourth wall.
  • Please don't break the site rules. Keep it reasonably safe for work, and preferably not too gross. Please don't make chains about poop, okay?
  • I am one of those spirit-of-the-game type hippies. If I'm forgetting a rule, I'll let you know. You might be asked to resubmit in light of this.
  • Miscellaneous:

• Please don't talk to other players about the sentences/pictures you got. If somebody tells you anything about a chain you haven't seen yet, please let me know.
  • I will note in-thread if somebody is behind.
  • If you haven't sent a link in within 48 hours for a picture, I'll send you a prod. Other actions may be taken if you're inactive for the full round.
  • Have fun! If you aren't having fun, you should talk to me about it, and I'll do my best to find you a replacement. You can also talk to me when you are having fun, of course.
Credit to Ether/the Telephone Cat for the ruleset and for generally being the wizard who made Telephone Pictionary a thing in the first place.
Last edited by Telephone Dog on Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

One more person (plus their and 4 other starting sentences) to go!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

First Sentences are out!

Good luck drawing everybody!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

I've just taken the following out of the rules post.
Once the picture is drawn, it will be sent to a third person as soon as that person has also sent its picture in.
I guess if you haven't actually sent your picture yet, I can give slight leeway on it (but that shouldn't be needed!). So some of you will be pesumably waking up to two messages in your inboxes, make sure you remember both of them. I guess some are actually delayed in when you receive them because of that phrasing that used to be in that rule.

I believe that it is a remnant from the first time the rounds started being done out of sync, and is no longer the style.
and as the full chains locations are planned out in advance to ensure everyone does get their place in each of the 13 rounds and no double ups occur, it doesn't actually make sense to me.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Sorry for brief delays in sending out new prompts, I haven't decided to trust myself with doing it from my phone yet.

The Schnauzer chain is the first one through the round 4 barrier!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Looking for a person able to draw now as Aristophanes has not given a picture in by deadline, or even an hour past!

If it's a current player, I will shuffle around the schedules if needed. Although not to the players with sentences either side.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

I got Ari's picture in slightly later (after IPS did a quick one for me).
We can run with a second attempt at the chain if there are enough other people around that would like to participate.

But round 2 is now complete!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #56 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

And the round 6 barrier has been broken!

The Otterhound chain being the first to cross that point.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #60 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

For those wanting to keep track. (probably just me), my PM error count is now at 4.

not sent (but countdown given in OP)
asking for a picture instead of a sentence
wrong person
wrong chain name

All of which have not actually mattered at all towards the game continuing besides maybe a slight delay.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #62 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Otterhound continues it's form and is the first chain through round 8!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #63 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Time for an update, this would have been the weekly one due tomorrow, but people managed some accelerated drawings and now Otterhound is in the final round!

Expectation is that it will be up sometime tomorrow.

Next furthest chain is in round 10
11 chains are in round 8
1 chain is in round 7
5 are in round 6
and the last one only just got to round 5.

I believe they're in sentence rounds at the moment because I only just handed them out, but current status is more fun than just placing them in their next picture round.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #64 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

Otterhound is up!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #76 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

Looking for a substitute for a phrase!

Also I am quoting these rules in this post, they may or may not be related to this request.
In post 1, Telephone Dog wrote:Okay, on to sentences. Keep it to one sentence and don't be too legalistic about what you are summarizing. If you don't think the picture is about the fourth wall, don't break the fourth wall.
Please don't break the site rules. Keep it reasonably safe for work
People originally scheduled for this chain and therefore either ineligible to take on the work or a potential hassle to work around.
Aristophanes, CaptainMeme, chamber, Cheertory6, Farren, Haschel Cedricson, Korina, N, NotAJumbleOfNumbers, Save The Dragons, StrangerCoug, VashtaNeurotic, xofelf.
list includes person that would be getting replaced in the chain, they are welcome to still submit something if they would like to.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #84 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

Round 6 is now complete!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #92 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

That one would still come out around the completion of another week.

But for now Schnauzer is currently the only chain being held up by the issue of only sending people out one drawing prompt at a time.

Labrador should also have that problem though. Please submit that sentence asap, so I can potentially sit on it for another 3 days!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #93 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

But there isn't actually a reason you can't have a 1.5 weeks update.

3 chains still in round 8.
11 chains in round 10 (well two are actually in round 9, but I'm rounding up as the messages haven't been read yet)
2 chains for some reason have got stuck in round 11
3 chains are in round 12
1 chain complete.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #94 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

apparently the reason one of the chains was stuck in round 11 was because I didn't actually send it out.

That makes me feel better and worse at the same time.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #95 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Qimmiq is complete!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #98 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

on another note tris is now the first person to have completed all their images! (still one sentence to receive though, so overall first to complete all 13 rounds could be someone different)

I believe that is jsut luck of what chains they were in as a few others of you would probably have been able to claim it if you'd received all your prompts earlier.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #102 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:51 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Jack Russell Terrier is also now up!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #116 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:25 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

Warning, the following chain is mildly NSFW.
Poodle is here.

Many thanks to chamber for getting it back to a safe zone
I quite possibly I should have sent back Ari sentence and Haschel's following picture
and apologies to Jumble, I feel like I might have asked for something too strict in trying to get it back towards a safe zone. (given what I then accepted from PrivateI - but anything like "sex ed homework" is all I felt was needed to remain on the correct side.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #117 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:33 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

VashtaNeurotic's Beagle prompt has expired, is anybody available to draw the final round 8 picture?

(I know I never sent him the 12 hour warning I had been trying to do over discord, but when everyone prompt needs a prod is it worth it?)
He will be given 48 hours for his future two pictures.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #118 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:42 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

For updates on the rest of the chains

Tenterfield Terrier and Nove Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever currently have their round 12 getting drawn.

Schnauzer, Labrador, Rottweiler and Eurasier are at round 12, but waiting for their drawers in round 10.

Chihuahua and Kuvasz just completed round 10.

Harrier starts round 10 when I get that above Beagle picture in.

Any not mentioned are currently having their round 10 pictures drawn.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #121 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

idk maybe.

Vash just sent me the picture, so the chain remains intact.
Was about to ask for a new person to jump into round 10 for that chain.

but speaking for people getting their drawings in late.
I have an extra picture from round 2 of the Eurasier chain, is there enough interest for that to do enough rounds?
I feel like it's different enough from the drawing that went through that from the players that have had that chain I would only exclude Haschel and Ari as seeing the round 1 sentence.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #134 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Okay then, someone is getting a new round 3 at random!
and no it's not going to everybody twice. If you want a longer chain like that, create your own game.

Tenterfield Terrier has arrived.

Looking at it all together, I think it actually shifted less than I originally thought it had.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #135 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Actually going narrow down the round 3 to people that weren't in the original E chain.
The rest is open season.
If you don't want to potentially participate, opt-out now!
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #139 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

Also looks like I need a replacement writer as well.
Maybe an entire replacement for Save The Dragons if he doesn't get back to me by the morning.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #145 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:27 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

I just found out from going and checking I hadn't currently sent out two prompts.
On this basis of that happening, I'm going to abandon progress on English Springer spaniel, sorry in advance to those looking forward to another one, I don't feel like I currently have the energy to continue modding past what is due.

If anybody else doesn't have their or have had their round 12 prompts yet, please get my attention.
StrangerCoug & NotAJumbleOfNumbers I know about as those two are not ready yet.
(And sorry sgb, std already did that round 12)
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #146 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:33 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

I also have two chains ready to go up, which I haven't found the time to do yet.

I might be able to refocus tomorrow night and go back on doing stuff regarding that bonus chain, but right now I'm feeling exhausted and just going for the simple finish with 20 chains.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #147 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:37 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

Okay chains are up now!
Affenpinscher
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever

I gave my main account this accounts avatar after I'd disappeared entirely from Affenpinscher.

and I am also in love with the story in Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever.
Also that was fun seeing the r get chopped off the end when people replied to that chain. I was worried it wouldn't fit when I decided on using that breed.
which I think was because of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdra55DPr1E coming into my head while reading through the possibilities.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #151 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:42 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

Dachshund arrives at the same time as all remaining chains now being in round 12!

This chain probably had my favourite starting sentence.
It's this one or the one I got from chamber, but Harrier isn't out yet, so NotAJumbleOfNumbers wins that award!

Also someone needs to design a D&D game around it. WOuld have only improved if it gained a gazebo somewhere along the line.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #164 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

New arrivals to the completed chains category:

Eurasier
Flat Coated Retriever
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #169 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Mastiff is also here.

I did not expect this to end that way. There is all reasoning for it to have done so though
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #175 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Reserving this page top for Rottweiler.

(it'll be a few minutes before it's live)
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #176 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

6 minutes in fact.

Another chain stopped short of completely changing with the final sentence.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #179 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:24 am

Post by Telephone Dog »

Did I misunderstand N when he told me he didn't have time for his round 10 that he didn't have time overall to draw and not just the one picture?
Well it doesn't matter because he obviously didn't have the time available for his round 12 prompt either as I have not received it and therefore need someone else to draw it!

(Chihuahua chain, will be sent afterwards to strangercoug)
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #184 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Great Dane is here!

I believe it has improved the game of monopoly considerably. Even if I'm confused about the day of the week it is going to happen on.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #193 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:23 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Schnauzer & Harrier join the party.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #206 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

One Labrador now served.

Oddly the chain didn't actually start changing until after tris' picture. I think partly because she was aware of the original reference that started the chain.
Also it amused me a lot when I realised Sirius was meant to have been the last player for this chain.
For those unaware, CaptainMeme played as Eagle in Survivor of the Fittest (and played a secret agent character with it), Sirius was Dog in that same game.
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #208 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:19 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

It's biggest chance of mutating would have been the 4 people in a row that didn't play/watch/mod that game.
I guess you need 5 (well judging by the other chain that referenced the survivor game in flat coated retriever)
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #209 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:24 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

In post 208, Telephone Dog wrote:It's biggest chance of mutating would have been the 4 people in a row that didn't play/watch/mod that game.
I guess you need 5 (well judging by the other chain that referenced the survivor game in flat coated retriever)
oh wait Jumble and Farren spectated it. so that's only 2 v 4
Telephone Dog
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Telephone Dog
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #218 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Telephone Dog »

Your final 4 chains.

Beagle
Chihuahua