Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 118, Servant Beast wrote:You're being clear and calculated. You're not saying who your town reads are nor are you justifying them. You're explaining your mindset to avoid being misconstrued.
I don't think every post you make is designed to help town and that wiggles me. Scum have an incentive to be town read and the earlier the better.
I'm null on you.
Does not outing my townreads make me more likely to be townread? I would think scum would have more interest in acting in a manner that looks impressive and making allies by pocketing people. I don't particularly
care
about looking town right now, my preference is mostly to hang back and observe in the early game, with the occasional interjection or question. Reads and reasoning will come when the time is right and not before that. (I also want to see if other people end up thinking similarly to me, and that's easier if I don't explain things right away)
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:01 pm

In post 123, Servant Beast wrote:Is there some reason you're pretending to be Fferylit AE? Just like, trying out a new style because it's an anon game or? It's worth trying to read you early I think.
I'm not pretending, she reviewed the game so obviously can't be a player in it. I simply made the same opening post as a homage.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 119, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 117, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 114, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 102, Servant Beast wrote:My two TR's so far are Saber and Lancer. Berserker seems okay, but I may be reading in too much there.

After that, I can't really tell. Alter ego seems surface thoughtful. Bu they're taking pains to avoid being misunderstood.
I'm not sure what you mean by this?
imo, that looks like beast is reaching for a reason to keep you out of their town reads
That seems like a rather uncharitable interpretation of Beast's words.
Maybe, but when I read it, it looked like nothing reasons. "Surface thoughtful" and they are trying to "avoid being misunderstood" are the kinds of things that sound like reason to scum read someone, but are not things you really back up and they are things that are hard to engage with if you disagree.

It is like saying it is a gut read, in that way where you can't engage with it very much, without it looking like you are saying it is a gut read
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Yes, it's because I know she isn't a player in this game that I would ask that question.
I guess Saber didn't but, it's nice to see they got a little nervous over it. Or maybe it's just good acting.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

@I'm describing what I'm seeing from them and giving them room to correct what I'm seeing with their own interpretation. It's something to note, but I don't think that's scummy or else I would be scum reading them, not null reading them.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 122, Servant Berserker wrote:Assassins entire play has screamed “I want the master power up from whoever gets it.” I can’t be the only one who saw that.
Yes, this is indeed correct
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:08 pm

Here's a question for you, Beast: Why did you feel the need to ask me that?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I'm going to head to bed and pray that what I fear will happen won't actually happen. Don't ask me as I don't want to manifest that energy into the universe.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 131, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Here's a question for you, Beast: Why did you feel the need to ask me that?
Because I'm trying to understand your mindset and approach. It sounds like you don't plan to share your opinions on players until later.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:15 pm

In post 133, Servant Beast wrote:
In post 131, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Here's a question for you, Beast: Why did you feel the need to ask me that?
Because I'm trying to understand your mindset and approach. It sounds like you don't plan to share your opinions on players until later.
Correct. But why not ask me directly about what I'm doing, rather than some roundabout question about me possibly imitating another player?
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 132, Servant Saber wrote:I'm going to head to bed and pray that what I fear will happen won't actually happen. Don't ask me as I don't want to manifest that energy into the universe.
:? I'm not going to get mod-killed (I hope) for asking why they started off with a catch phrase from a player that can't be in this game.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 129, Servant Beast wrote:@I'm describing what I'm seeing from them and giving them room to correct what I'm seeing with their own interpretation. It's something to note, but I don't think that's scummy or else I would be scum reading them, not null reading them.
@Alter.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:21 pm

I still don't understand. I suppose this discussion isn't going to lead anywhere fruitful.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Only if you don't want it to.
Basically, I'm giving you an invitation to talk more so I can develop a read on you. If you don't prefer that, then I'll just read you later.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:25 pm

I've already answered you, you've not responded, and I just asked you a question that you replied to by quoting an old post you made that doesn't really answer what I asked. Nothing you have said to me makes much sense.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Servant Berserker »

Do you have any scumreads yet, ego?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:32 pm

Not any particularly strong ones, but Assassin is pinging for his approach, as mentioned earlier. Still taking a bit of a "wait and see" approach. I tend to prefer to play via POE, though.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 139, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I've already answered you, you've not responded, and I just asked you a question that you replied to by quoting an old post you made that doesn't really answer what I asked. Nothing you have said to me makes much sense.
Maybe somebody else can word it better. To me it looks clear, but this is taking up more space than it's worth.
I'll try one more time.

1. You haven't said anything I see as especially townie, I was disagreeing with other players on their read of you as being townie. Based on what I've seen, I'd say you're a null read.
2. I wanted to see what your mindset was by asking about FF, with an open question about what you wanted and how you wanted to approach this game as an anon one, hoping to hear something interesting or perhaps even townie. I didn't know you weren't copying her style since she wouldn't have walls quite yet. So it looked similar enough to spark my curiosity, "what's their motivation? why are they presenting themselves this way?"

and so I asked and here we are.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

It should be noted I was also curious to see if you knew she couldn't be in this game and perhaps were trying to use it for some advantage as scum.
How would you have used it? No idea, but it would have been kind of interesting if it did trip you up.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:41 pm

Well, is an answer as to what my mindset is in approaching things. I would agree that the townreads on me are somewhat surprising given I wasn't particularly trying to act protown. Do you find any of the reads on me to be suspect?
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 144, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Well, is an answer as to what my mindset is in approaching things. I would agree that the townreads on me are somewhat surprising given I wasn't particularly trying to act protown. Do you find any of the reads on me to be suspect?
I reread, I'm a little weirded out that Berserker and Saber just agreed with your mechanical opinions and towned you for it.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:19 pm

I have now actually had time to read the thread more closely than skimming.

I think it's pretty clear archer is town. Caster and Saber each are relatively towny. I do think a cop shot which would 100% go off (there is literally no way for scum counterplay) to start is just the best option, but if it isn't going to be me, saber is a fine 2nd choice.

I have yet to see anything that comes off as scummy, though beserker's appeal to cabd and the resultant thought to elect a charismatic town leader was off-putting.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:34 pm

In post 110, Servant Saber wrote:It's hard to state without getting to far into my NP. Think about why town lose games. Think if someone could prevent that from happening.

Put that with a town leader.

I feel like it's my responsibility to prevent us from ruining ourselves if that makes sense.
I admit I don't quite get this part. Are you saying you'd set us up for success from your ability or that your IC status would be invaluable precisely because it is you who are IC. Once becoming master you should generally not plan or think about living past night 2.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:39 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

VOTE: Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:59 am

Giving this another once over, Lancer is pinging me for scum.

I mostly dislike posts #85 and #100, the first being what the kids call LAMIST and the 2nd is simply that if you are town, you understand the pull that would draw one to wanting to become master. Even if me and Saber did not have strong mechanical reasons to want master, there is a pull that wants to get townread and make the most of your slot, and becoming master achieves that immediately. The "Why is that?" from Lancer basically should already be understood from a town perspective.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”