Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Cabd »

With 14 players alive, it will takes 8 votes to select a master. Master selection phase will be allocated 7 days.

Saber (4): Caster, Beast, Moon Cancer, Saber
Assassin (1): Rider
Berserker (4): Archer, Alter Ego, Avenger, Ruler

(expired on 2021-07-04 22:00:49)

Page usage: 18/42
Last edited by Cabd on Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:27 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 416, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 413, Servant Assassin wrote:Foreigner, have you read caster's recent posts? Have they affected your read at all if so.
still looks bad
Besides what you previously said about caster lining up eliminations, was there anything else that from them that warranted this assessment?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:29 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 359, Servant Beast wrote:If I think Saber is town, but I'm not so sure about others how exactly is that incongruous? did you think that through?
Anybody less town than saber is suspect to me. Just because I can't say that one and that one is scum doesn't mean I can't read the traffic and think "yeah, I don't think the scum team wants this guy to get he grail"
This feels like you're only willing to cast vague aspersions while not being willing to actually commit to a read. You want to direct traffic onto Saber by framing resistance to it as scummy but don't actually want to directly accuse anyone. It should be trivial to look at people and at least try to deduce whether you think their motives are genuine or not, but you're not even making a minimum of attempting to do that.
In post 360, Servant Beast wrote:
In post 356, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 355, Servant Beast wrote:You prefer collaborating with people you get along with. Those were your own words.
Now you're just trying to be an asshole by twisting my words. I'm not sure what the point of it is supposed to be.
Please don't call other people assholes.
I'll stop calling you an asshole when you stop acting like one. As it is most of your posts just exist to belittle other people rather than produce useful lines of conversation. You're lacking in substance and a lot of your posts look like you're talking just for the sake of talking. I no longer feel that you're approaching the game from a solving mindset.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:33 am

In post 361, Servant Beast wrote:I think you're forward and clear and genuine. I think you're relatively easier to read and I don't see an agenda.
You've twice pointed to people that voted you and said "they could be scum" when you need their support to benefit the town.
It's earnest and I think you've been forthright with every player you spoken with.
Does this post (re:Saber) actually say anything meaningful, or is it just a vague assemblage of buzzwords meant to take the shape of analysis? The one truly meaningful point is that saber has expressed suspicion of some of the votes on their wagon, but is that really enough to call someone town?
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

In post 426, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 416, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 413, Servant Assassin wrote:Foreigner, have you read caster's recent posts? Have they affected your read at all if so.
still looks bad
Besides what you previously said about caster lining up eliminations, was there anything else that from them that warranted this assessment?
He keeps following predetermined agenda, which he came up with in pregame and doesn't solve anything.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:50 am

alter what is your take on avenger?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:52 am

In post 371, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 369, Servant Archer wrote:I never said that town would not care about mech. I said that mech is the easy path for scum.
So, i am not scum reading Saber/Assassin because they are interested in mech, but I am town reading berserker because he is not.

Why is the lack of mech-interest AI for you?

It seems to me that it's easier for a scum to completely ignore the mechanical angle of their NP to get to be Master rather than actually faking enthusiasm in terms of their NP.

One of the first things I considered in this game was whether my NP is strong enough for me to charisma my way into getting Master'd. I read my NP and thought about it and it was fairly easy for me to make the decision that it's not strong enough for me to try to become Master'd.

You're saying it's a townie perspective to not care about the mech of your NP, why?
I don't think it would be particularly difficult for scum to make a claim about the strength of their NP, it's not like they would need to be held accountable to it after that fact. I'm not sure why you think scum would ignore that angle given that making an enticing fakeclaim is easier than emulating a town mindset. In fact that was why I was initially wary of assassin, since he had opened with such a strong promise of what he could offer. I've since calmed on him and feel this is mostly because he was operating with a different mindset than I was.

Someone else had made this point earlier about scum promising great mechanical benefits they don't have to deliver on. I forgot who.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:52 am

In post 430, Servant Foreigner wrote:alter what is your take on avenger?
I've not been impressed with his posting so far.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:53 am

In post 432, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 430, Servant Foreigner wrote:alter what is your take on avenger?
I've not been impressed with his posting so far.
i mean claim
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

In post 418, Servant Assassin wrote:@Avenger, That is palpably not true. I see very little difference between this phase and a typical D1 of any game. In fact I'd argue the game rolls a bit faster here simply because of the unique mechanic. Please, pretend!
Okay, I think you're scum.
Gut feeling, hard to explain.

I like Beserkers posting, town minded.

Something seems off with Saber.

There you go.

The question is, is it actually better for scum if they hit their own in the master phase?
I doubt it. Having an additional person to decieve is a lot stronger. I wouldn't assume that the powers are of equal value to towns, with a great boost on a scum flip. It makes something that is easily manipulated into a strange reward on scum, rather than a balancing mechanism.
I also doubt that scum will be pushing their own without a larger majority pushing for a slot. Therefore if any of the 3 for masters flip scum I'm inclined to think its town voting there, or at least being vocal.

So you're right, I've mis spoken by saying RVS, but more like day 1 where its irrelevant to my thinking until I see information.
Or until I see something that I just don't like.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:00 am

I think a miller claim itself is NAI, but I find this puzzling:
In post 400, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 389, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 337, Servant Rider wrote:And I don't really believe the miller claim and feel like it was mostly done in reaction to Assassin indicating he had a cop-like ability.
in fact late miller claims are often fake. Scum likes to wait and claim miller once they are sure that no one less does it.
I said in my first post.
I didn't see the game started until I posted and neither did I read anything at that point.
Try again.
It's rather hard for me to believe someone didn't realize the game started for almost 16 hours. I recognize that not everyone is as obsessive an addict to this website as I am, but am I really to believe Avenger was simply not paying attention at all and it took him that long to come to the game thread? We all received notice of the game starting, it's not like he wouldn't have reason to check his messages.

The excuse strains credulity.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:03 am

In post 435, Servant Alter Ego wrote:It's rather hard for me to believe someone didn't realize the game started for almost 16 hours. I recognize that not everyone is as obsessive an addict to this website as I am, but am I really to believe Avenger was simply not paying attention at all and it took him that long to come to the game thread? We all received notice of the game starting, it's not like he wouldn't have reason to check his messages.

The excuse strains credulity.
I never received a PM on my real account which I was waiting for.
You can claim to scum read me, but let's drop the bullshit reasons as its just a wierd thing to argue.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:07 am

lol i got PM on main
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:10 am

Well I didn't...
And as either align its just wierd for me to lie over.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:14 am

In post 377, Servant Avenger wrote:I'm just going to call Archer town.
Out of curiosity, why?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:30 am

In post 381, Servant Assassin wrote:As for my town reads all townreading you, at least in two cases they cite post #85 (berserker/ruler) and I disagree completely with their assessment. It's completely possible they've augmented the read somewhere but I don't see evidence for it. Ego's read of you was more measured and I could understand it, unsure where he stands on you now.
I could understand the reasons you expressed doubt of Lancer given a significant chunk of their posting was mechanical in nature, but I don't think it's particularly fair to fault them for that given that was simply the subject of discussion at the time. Since the last time we discussed the read I've felt their posting has improved quite a fair bit - felt pure, paranoia about knowing how the scum upgrade works isn't an angle I'd expect scum to take. I liked the indignance of even if I disagreed with the take (because why would someone seeking the master aim to discredit a popular townread?), but that's a light tonal read. The skepticism/wariness of beast in feels town, he's wary of being put into a pocket where I think scum!Lancer probably wouldn't have given the comment a seecond thought, certainly not that long after it had been posted. was good because I had noticed the same thing when reading Ruler's wall, they just said it before I was able to say anything. It also means means they were paying attention and actually analyzing the words, rather than simply glazing them over and going "yep, town".
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:50 am

Not really sure why Foreigner seems to have been getting scumreads. Seems to be a case of an unorthodox player who has strong opinions that go against the grain getting scumread just for the crime of being different. Their style is a bit trollish but their recet string of spam-posting feels townspewy.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 440, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I could understand the reasons you expressed doubt of Lancer given a significant chunk of their posting was mechanical in nature, but I don't think it's particularly fair to fault them for that given that was simply the subject of discussion at the time. Since the last time we discussed the read I've felt their posting has improved quite a fair bit - 240 felt pure, paranoia about knowing how the scum upgrade works isn't an angle I'd expect scum to take. I liked the indignance of 249 even if I disagreed with the take (because why would someone seeking the master aim to discredit a popular townread?), but that's a light tonal read. The skepticism/wariness of beast in 252 feels town, he's wary of being put into a pocket where I think scum!Lancer probably wouldn't have given the comment a seecond thought, certainly not that long after it had been posted. 262 was good because I had noticed the same thing when reading Ruler's wall, they just said it before I was able to say anything. It also means means they were paying attention and actually analyzing the words, rather than simply glazing them over and going "yep, town".
I could write off 240/249/262 (with regard to 262, I think berserker was alluding to this as lancer's "quick wit" recently), but you may have a point about 252. I do think it's less likely scum question an old town read that was questioned at the time it was made. The only explanation I could give is that at the time lancer had one town read on him (caster's), and now with multiple, would now feel more secure pushing against a single one. Still, a town reason is more likely.

Do you still feel uneasy about Ruler?
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Servant Beast »

1. I'm pointing out that the traffic or meta data is such that there is no scum resistance to Berserkers wagon. Me being wishy washy about my reads has already been admited by myself. I'm not confident in playrs I have, nor will I be forced to make a decision on who I think is scum before I feel I've seen something that is pretty scummy.
2. Gunna ask again. Please refrain from calling people assholes. I have not insulted you. If you have a problem with your own word choice then choose your words more carefully.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Also, alter given you've refused largely to give reads yourself and you've done similarly to ruler, I don't think you're really arguing in good faith. You ask for others what you aren't willing to give yourself.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Servant Beast »

I've been fairly responsive and been willing to answer any questions directed at me and I've answered them to the best of my ability.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:08 am

In post 412, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 409, Servant Lancer wrote:@foreigner I’m still unclear on whether you think avenger’s claim is scummy or not
suspicious
In post 409, Servant Lancer wrote: I think also berserker’s post might be more like, what specifically made you ask about resistance or lack thereof to saber? Or what prompted you to make that post?
Maybe someone wish to claim that they actually oppose saber election. Otherwise i want people to acknowledge why i don't want this to happen.
I'm not sure why you're not seeing the Berserker votes as a form of opposition to Saber? Even if indirectly, people are expressing the opinion that they'd find someone else preferable as master. Why do you believe this supposed lack of resistance is suspect?
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Woops. I meant Moon cancer, not ruler.
Ruler has kind of the opposite issue.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:18 am

In post 443, Servant Beast wrote:1. I'm pointing out that the traffic or meta data is such that there is no scum resistance to Berserkers wagon. Me being wishy washy about my reads has already been admited by myself. I'm not confident in playrs I have, nor will I be forced to make a decision on who I think is scum before I feel I've seen something that is pretty scummy.
2. Gunna ask again. Please refrain from calling people assholes. I have not insulted you. If you have a problem with your own word choice then choose your words more carefully.
So I'm supposed to take self-admittance of wishy-washyness as town? No, I just think you want to vaguely shade people, but can't back it up with any substance. It's exceedingly superficial. You keep going on about how you have no strong reads, but are hardly taking any steps to rectify that. Just making snide comments instead.

You've directed meaningless snark at me as well as Archer. You're playing like a prick and then act wounded and offended because I dared to call you on what you're doing.
In post 444, Servant Beast wrote:Also, alter given you've refused largely to give reads yourself and you've done similarly to ruler, I don't think you're really arguing in good faith. You ask for others what you aren't willing to give yourself.
I've given plenty of reads if you bothered to actually read my posts and take inference from what I was saying. I was only playing closed off to start the game. The fact that you're accusing me of such makes me feel like you aren't attempting to read me in good faith or are even paying attention to my posts.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:19 am

Strong Townreads: {Assassin, Berserker, Caster, Lancer}
Weaker Townreads: {Archer, Saber, Foreigner}

Most of these should have been obvious to anyone actually paying attention.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”