Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:12 am

Post by Cabd »

With 14 players alive, it will takes 8 votes to select a master. Master selection phase will be allocated 7 days.

Saber (2): Caster, Saber
Assassin (1): Rider
Berserker (4): Archer, Avenger, Ruler, Moon Cancer
Shielder (1): Beast

(expired on 2021-07-04 22:00:49)

Page usage: 26/42 (1 credited for mod ISO)
Last edited by Cabd on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:13 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

As to berserker's query, I'd prefer if Ruler/Altar-Ego/Caster were off the table.

I'm not sure I can narrow it down between Moon Cancer / Lancer / Foreigner / Avenger atm. I'm not satisfied with where I'm at right now with scumreads who I don't feel like I can even properly call scumreads. I'm going to reread the thread with fresh eyes and see if I can hone my reads or if there's something I missed.

Berserker, where you planning to go into more detail about me/Avenger after the master selection or before?
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:15 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

After, I think I brought that up already though. You’re first of the two.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:26 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 643, Servant Berserker wrote:Lancer, Archer, what are your thoughts on Saber?
I am a bit weary of them I still stand by what I said in

Spoiler:
In post 213, Servant Archer wrote:And also, the second half does not make sense to me "I don't want to be a miselimination for overpromising and under delivering." In what scenario is this actually a worry? If you "over promise, and under deliver" do you mean that you think we might miselim you AFTER we make you an IC - just because your power does not pay off the way you promise? Or are you saying that if you tell us how great you would be as an IC, then if we don't make you an IC, we would then kill you for not living up to the promise? - Because that also does not make a lot of sense.

Their power level claim is also one that I could see scum making?

Spoiler:
In post 51, Servant Saber wrote: My NP is one of the strongest in the game, if used correctly and early. It's totally weaksauce if used late and arguably detrimental.

I am going to claim to be uber strong, but only if I get the master. If I don't get the master, then it is super weak sauce
~ so don't look at me again on day 4/5 and expect much from me.

Like, maybe they are telling the truth, but also maybe they scum are hedging their bets on and covering their bases in case they don't get the selection
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 646, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 607, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Read some ISOs because I'm bored and restless. A bit leery of the scumreads being expressed on Rider. That feels like a slot scum would see as low hanging fruit.
Thank you yes!!!!

At first glance of rider’s ISO I was like “actually this is a scummy ISO” so I surface-level disagreed with alter’s take, and that also made me a bit suspicious that alter was trying to protect his scumbuddy-rider and it felt kinda.. unprompted

But then I searched “rider” in the thread to see what scumreads alter was referring to/who was scumreading rider that made him express this. And the mentions of rider in the thread were (going in reverse chronological order because that’s how the search results show up):

1) Ruler put rider in her preferred-elim pile as a “throwaway,” claiming that the only elim she actually wants is foreigner’s and rider is just there to fill the spot. In she puts rider in her scumpile but the only comment she has made about him is that his post saying not to waste pages is scummy but I feel like that is super surface-level and shouldn’t merit a strong enough read to be put in the scumpile with her strong scumread like she did
2) Beast put rider in his preferred-elim pile along with two other slots, explained the reasons for those two slots, but not for rider. He never mentions rider in his ISO other than this. Kind of crazy that beast has said nothing about his #1 preferred elim other than this post saying that he wants to elim rider (starts at for context)
3) Berserker puts Rider at null in readslist
4) Saber waffling on Rider in the weird readslist in
5) Caster said he wants Rider to play more seriously
6) Moon Cancer put Rider at approx null in
7) Archer said “not a big fan of Rider’s ISO” way back in

So I mean, I think I see where alter is coming from. Ruler and Beast’s scumreads on Rider especially seem to have very little to no justification and they’ve barely/never mentioned him in their ISOs yet still put him in their preferred-elim pile. Saber’s read on Rider is also a bit weird but not sure if AI atm. Other than that I’m kinda whatever about these scumreads/don’t think Rider is being seriously scumread by anyone outside of these three slots potentially.

As for me - I don’t necessarily disagree that his early ISO is lacking in content but I think most recently him being surprised at not being put in preferred-elim piles is gut-towny-feeling to me.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:31 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

@berserker sorry I got distracted because archer found the post for me that I wanted to talk about but I will go reread saber stuff now
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:34 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 654, Servant Lancer wrote:As for me - I don’t necessarily disagree that his early ISO is lacking in content but I think most recently him being surprised at not being put in preferred-elim piles is gut-towny-feeling to me.
I agree with this. I'd add that his entire ISO feels slightly over the null line into town territory.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:36 am

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 639, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 634, Servant Foreigner wrote:In fact we should elect Beast. He made the most posts. If he flips town then we can use his vocality to lead and if he flips scum then scum loses the most influential player.
I hope this is a joke post
@Foreigner, are you role playing? In regards to being a foreigner who speaks English as a second language I mean. I feel like I've been reading too deeply into your posts. Your focus seems pretty evenly distributed.

@Archer, I think it's a joke based on their sense of humor. Then again, they have been arguing that the one with the most activity should be mastered, but I took that as a tongue in cheek thing.

@Pedit: I mostly just put rider in there because they hadn't said or done much. It's a pressure thing in the absence of real scum reads that aren't extremely conflicted.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Ok I mean I think that is like generally Fine but POEing on a low-content slot tends to feel like scum couldn’t find good traction or figure out how to naturally scumread elsewhere and I also think I remember that it usually flips town
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 641, Servant Archer wrote:I very much do not like the direction that the conversation between Beast and Alter is taking. Since neither are currently in the running for Master, I don't think that there is much harm in the two of you avoiding talking about the other for a bit.
Sure. I can do this for awhile. I don't like it either.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:41 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

no
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:48 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 641, Servant Archer wrote:I very much do not like the direction that the conversation between Beast and Alter is taking. Since neither are currently in the running for Master, I don't think that there is much harm in the two of you avoiding talking about the other for a bit.
I apologize for my part in this. I had been trying to avoid further exchanges because I know a prolonged 1v1 can be off-putting to other players (especially when there is no elimination vote on the table) but I have trouble not responding to statements clearly addressed to me. Last night I was unable to restrain myself and clearly stepped over the line. This does not really change my feelings toward Beast and his behavior but I recognize that my anger toward him may be coloring my judgment of his in-game alignment.

I had been trying to experiment with a calmer, more 'zen' persona this game but I am afraid I reverted back to my default tendencies at the earliest signs of irritation. I appear to have underestimated the gap between
wanting
to play differently and
actually being able
to do so. For the sake of everyone else I'll try to do my part and keep things in check going forward.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:49 am

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 658, Servant Lancer wrote:Ok I mean I think that is like generally Fine but POEing on a low-content slot tends to feel like scum couldn’t find good traction or figure out how to naturally scumread elsewhere and I also think I remember that it usually flips town
That is a hypothesis in need of work shopping. In my experience results have been all over the place. It depends on the town, the type of game, what the lurker is doing etc.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:11 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

Alright, I’ll bite. What is it about this town/game/slot that made you think Rider could be POE-scum and not LHF?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:35 am

In post 654, Servant Lancer wrote:So I mean, I think I see where alter is coming from. Ruler and Beast’s scumreads on Rider especially seem to have very little to no justification and they’ve barely/never mentioned him in their ISOs yet still put him in their preferred-elim pile. Saber’s read on Rider is also a bit weird but not sure if AI atm. Other than that I’m kinda whatever about these scumreads/don’t think Rider is being seriously scumread by anyone outside of these three slots potentially.

As for me - I don’t necessarily disagree that his early ISO is lacking in content but I think most recently him being surprised at not being put in preferred-elim piles is gut-towny-feeling to me.
Right, I think it's the easiest thing in the world to slap a scumread on a low-content poster for being "lacking" or "underwhelming" or whatever word you want to use, but in this instance, the sheer lack of care they're showing for the game would be a bit surprising to see from scum. They're very upfront about not trying to look town at all. However, if you look at their content, they're giving out reads even if they don't bother to explain them, they seem to evolve with time, they're reacting to things that get their attention but don't feel obligated to comment on everything. I wouldn't put them as a definite townread but I think they'd be a poor choice for a day 1 burn.

It feels a different sort of detached than Moon Cancer. Rider feels bored, Moon feels more like they were trying to look town by having a full readslist but their lack of posting and extremely unsatisfactory explanations for their reads feel more like they're hoping everyone might forget about them if they say as little as possible.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:43 am

I think this is a fairly original read, if I say so myself.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

My first edition of my readslist had rider in the lean town section. I have zero qualms moving them up, for a lot of the same reasons alter just listed.

Foreigner, do you have any reasons other than lack of resistance you prefer Saber over myself? You’ve been hinting at it for a while despite your “whoever has the most page tops” stance.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:04 am

Do they actually want Saber? I thought their comment about lack of resistance to Saber was meant to imply not liking Saber as a choice. Looking back, seems to confirm this.

I also went to look for who his actual preference for a master was, and I cannot tell if is meant to be a joke or is actually serious.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:13 am

*their actual preference

Trying to use gender-neutral pronouns when none are specified, but sometimes my brain slips and reverts to using male ones as a default. Sorry.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Servant Caster »

@Archer/Berserker.

I've stated a few reasons for SRing Berserker in response to you in this post:

I haven't been as motivated to make a big deal out of this because I feel it's almost inevitable at this point that Berserker will get Master'd and I don't think anyone is even reading what I say other than Berserker/Archer so it feels futile/pointless for me to write out my full feelings about the Berserker slot but I'll do it anyway because I'm quite filled with self-loathing and enjoy doing things that will ultimately be fruitless.

Also on a side-note, I really just wanted to flirt shamelessly with a very charming and handsome town leader type that I could give everything to.

They'd sweep me off my feet with their amazing charisma and peerless vision.

I really hope somebody will become that but it's looking quite grim.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Servant Archer »

Caster, what the fuck?

Also - I am going VLA for a few days. I should still be able to check in like once a day tho
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:14 am

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 663, Servant Lancer wrote:Alright, I’ll bite. What is it about this town/game/slot that made you think Rider could be POE-scum and not LHF?
Often, scum just put their buddies into the POE and just find better votes. Especially if they can't find an excuse to town read them. It depends on the scum team tho. Rider being surprised they don't have more scum reads is town pingy tho.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Servant Beast »

I think it's cute that Caster just wanted to find
the one
~
though sometimes scum wax lyrical in lieu of better things to do.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:36 am

In post 669, Servant Caster wrote:I've stated a few reasons for SRing Berserker in response to you in this post: 351

I haven't been as motivated to make a big deal out of this because I feel it's almost inevitable at this point that Berserker will get Master'd and I don't think anyone is even reading what I say other than Berserker/Archer so it feels futile/pointless for me to write out my full feelings about the Berserker slot but I'll do it anyway because I'm quite filled with self-loathing and enjoy doing things that will ultimately be fruitless.
I saw your reasons, and I believe I responded to them at the time that I didn't really find them to be all that scum-indicative, although I believe your perspective is real and your concern to be honest. Berserker has provided quite a bit of content since you made that post, and has even taken pains to extract opinions from everyone before the end of the phase. Do you have updated thoughts on his recent postings?

Frankly, if he were scum going through the motions at this point when he easily could have told us to hurry up finish the vote, I'd be downright impressed but also confused by the amount of unnecessary effort.
In post 669, Servant Caster wrote:Also on a side-note, I really just wanted to flirt shamelessly with a very charming and handsome town leader type that I could give everything to.

They'd sweep me off my feet with their amazing charisma and peerless vision.

I really hope somebody will become that but it's looking quite grim.
Well, that sounds nice, but wouldn't you prefer to have a handsome gentleman you can dance with, away from prying eyes? Then you'd be able to open your heart to them. Perhaps that man is still waiting out there somewhere.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 673, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Well, that sounds nice, but wouldn't you prefer to have a handsome gentleman you can dance with, away from prying eyes? Then you'd be able to open your heart to them. Perhaps that man is still waiting out there somewhere.
this would be such a dream

if I only I could be so lucky as to have someone come sweep me off my feet.

just the thought makes my heart flutter.

I really hate being the one playing seriously I just want to dance...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”