Mafia Research Project: Scumtells and Towntells | Stage 1

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Mafia Research Project: Scumtells and Towntells | Stage 1

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

I want to do a research project on mafia(not for any class or anything, just out of curiousity).

Firstly - I need would like people to post in here:

a)
What are your most confident scumtells you find in others? If you want to add complexity to this statement by stating players with a certain archetype have that scumtell, etc, feel free to do so.

b)
What are your most confident towntells you find in others? Same as above in regards to complexity.

c)
Optional: What are your most confident 3p tells you find in others? Also applies to multiball settings.

If you wish to help comb through games as well, feel free to message me on discord as well!

The goal of this is to help people sort out what is a
reliable
tell vs what is just NAI nonsense.
Last edited by DkKoba on Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

Adding example games also helps a lot - Feel free to do so yourself here.

For me, a major driver for reading people lately is:

Maximum level of aggression hit + Complexity of thoughts.

Townies tend to have higher aggression possible as well as complex thought processes, even if completely wrong, and scum the opposite. I will personally be looking out for those as I am looking through games.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4, Bell wrote:1. Replacements.
2. Post length/post rate comparison. After checking for real life confounders.

That's pretty much all I've gotten.

Everything else has appeared somewhat unreliable. I've never put in the effort to sit down and just do math.
more specfic please - what kind of replacements lean town? what kind lean scum?

what post lengths/post rates lean town/scum?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3, Farren wrote:How big of a scope is this project?
Not sure what you mean by this - I am simply going to be noting behaviors of players as both alignments that fit into the categories of things people list in this thread to see if these tells are indeed reliable measures to read others by taking the responses and then scanning through a few years of recent games on this site.
retired

Return to “Mafia Discussion”