Let's Study Games - Final Tribal Council

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Aronis »

I think both F2s and F3s are fine and it's fitting to switch between them based on a variety of factors, the one biggest pet peeve for me is I feel like players should know which it is going in. Playing the late game correctly heavily depends on whether it is F2 or F3.

I think the give each finalist their own thread is probably the best format for FTC, but it doesn't matter very much to me. I also think loose restrictions on how much a juror can post isn't a bad thing to prevent the finalists from getting overwhelmed
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 6, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I've done both in my games and don't see either as inherently better or worse, but they do bring different things. I like that in an F3 an additional player gets the thrill of having "made" FTC. I also believe that for the most part it's easier for underdogs to distinguish themselves in front of a jury because there are multiple opponents to push against. This doesn't necessarily mean the underdog is more likely to win, but I'd be a lot more surprised to see an F3 candidate get zero votes than an F2 candidate.

Conversely, the nature of the F2 frames the showdown as a Me Vs You dynamic, and that's not necessarily a bad thing either.
I don't think that's particularly true? Like quickly looking back at the modern era MS LSG's there has only been one finalist that I found that received zero votes (Seattle) in an F2 compared to quite a few people in three person FTCs.

I also do like the me v you dynamic, I have no problem with an F3, but I think it makes arguing your case and choosing who should win easier.

I also do hate the firemaking twist, voting someone out is a core mechanic of survivor games and i dont think it should be involuntarily taken away from players at a critical point in the game.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 8, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Ness got zero votes to Kirby’s clean sweep.

I’ll have to check the F3s though.
Fox voted for Ness. It was a pretty lopsided FTC, but it wasn't a clean sweep for Kirby.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 60, Fluminator wrote:We should let FTC winner be determined by the spectators. Let AMERICA decide who wins.
where was this idea when RTC was happening
In post 62, Drench wrote:
In post 42, Drench wrote:my solution is that we shouldn't post any threads at all. jurors get free rein to do whatever. i will take no questions
how bad could it be. let the jurors figure out what they want from their ftc and let them do it
i honestly like this idea, it could be a mess but it would also be v cool

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”