Let's Study Games - Final Tribal Council

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't think I've actually managed to read a whole FTC as a spec. Well maybe Hyrule, but that was so long ago I don't remember.
It being F2 or F3 doesn't really matter from my then limited perspective.

Watching them in the real survivor though, I'm also not convinced there is really that much difference between them. I've seen both formats give unexpected results and straight forward results.

Why it was chosen how it was where I helped mod (trtwiuaa), I think was just agreeing with what Monty suggested there.

So I think the biggest influence is actually do you want to do another challenge there? How big is the jury in either case.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Having once made an FTC (F2) with what I assumed what no chance of winning I tend to agree.
And a second time offsite, with the chance of winning based on ore-FTC jury opinions, being the first loser always feels bad.

I'm not sure if that actually is the same thing with 3rd place in a F3.
The discord game I was in a FTC at I just never tried getting votes at its FTC. (That was an F3 right?)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't hate on structural. I hate on having to categorise stuff.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

The obligatory gif question.
It went missing from SotF, as I assume nobody could shoehorn it in.
Or it's just dropped out of fashion idk.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:21 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I would like to see a live FTC happen at some stage.

Everything was live in my off site survivor games, so it made sense for live there. It was done with all jurors readying their question in advance, and mods posting it if the jurors were unavailable. Jurors that were there were allowed one follow up question.
I think it took like 4 hours though, which is a big time commitment for the finalists themselves.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”