wavelength! [join anytime!]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #138 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

aaaaa I love wavelength can I /in on team eight and a xalxe to balance the teams again?

I didn't read the thread to see how close this game is to ending I'm also fine to wait for another game to start if that's easier

(I've never actually played this competitively tho whenever my friends bust it out it's always entirely for the conversations we never keep score so apologies in advance if I'm bad)
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm good with 45, I think that feels about right to me - Boeing creates instruments of war but end of the day they're a company that profits off it rather than a party that specifically pursues it, and commercial air travel is such a large market outside of a war context that I feel it'd be left of 50
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hah that's interesting cause I thought if the answer was more war-like than peaceful you would have said something like Lockheed or Northrop Grumman instead of Boeing

I think my mistake was assuming war-like would mean something closer to parties that explicitly initiate wars, maybe I'm too indoctrinated by the military industrial complex
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

So one thought I had was that a streak of annual exams implies that you've been doing them for some time. I think an annual exam becomes more important with how long it's been since your last one, if you haven't been in a decade it'd be more essential than if you see your Doctor all the time.

But then again he said "continuing a streak" instead of like "the 7th annual exam in a row" so I'm not sure if I'm really correct in thinking that way.

My gut says right, I think a medical examination is right of 50, but probably just barely, like this is maybe a 55 for me. Open to hear other perspectives
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Maybe also he might have meant that the process of going to annual exams is what's essential, rather than any particular annual exam in isolation. In that context I'd say right
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah, I have to think this is in the 90s range, it's hard to think of why this wouldn't be considered exciting contrasted to mundane. I'm not enough of a Wavelength Expert to know the finer points of 94 v 96, maybe my preference is 96 just to put the other team in a perhaps more difficult quandary of whether to go left or right? What do you all think?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

the width of the 4 point range is 5, right? Should we go 95+ just to cover our base in case it's 100? Do we think there's any chance of it being sub 90? My gut says no
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ah good call, I didn't pay close attention to the full 4 point scale fitting. So if we did 94 and it's 98, we'd get 3 points but better insurance coverage in case it's 92 or below. I still think 96 is probably the safer call to cover the very top end, I could imagine this being a clue for 98 and it's harder for me to think of good arguments for sub 90 (unless NSG is using like a super relative scale basing the top end in like supernova explosions or something) here. but that's just my vote
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hm, I dunno, it's hard for me to think of things that can more radically and completely change one's life than hundreds of millions of dollars outside of cataclysmic apocalypse tier events. I def don't wanna go any lower than 90 personally

Xalxe, any thoughts?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh shoot I meant to post here in the morning and I forgot

I'm thinking 95 is best, please shout if any major objections otherwise I'll lock it in about 9-10 hours from now
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Guess: 95
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

spot on, you love to see it!! great clue northsidegal!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I am also thinking right, I'll wait for Sirius to check in before locking it in
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

vote right
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

just out of curiosity, how are you deciding what the categories are for each turn? do you have a physical copy of the game you're pulling from IRL or is there a list/site somewhere?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:11 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

gotcha, cool cool! I have a physical copy as well and a personal soft spot for the wacky ones, they can lead to some hilarious debates, but they're not always great for more srs gameplay so I can vibe with the quality control choice of making our own.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

guys I am so so so sorry that clue was absolutely terrible

what happened was after a lot of deliberation, I had landed on the clue of "revving a motorcycle engine" -> thinking this was super loud but not as loud as like, a jet engine or a massive explosion or whatnot

but then immediately after sending it in to Datisi I panicked thinking "NO IT'S TOO LOUD THEY'RE GONNA GO 90s" and sent him an immediate follow up DM 2 minutes later where I tried to adjust it down by changing it to a Vespa, but that was obviously a massive overcorrection and a Vespa engine definitely feels much more like 60s-70s range, I was feeling so bad immediately after that clue was sent in -_-

my fault, I screwed it up. Should have just stuck with my original clue, I even explicitly thought it'd be better to err on the side of too loud than too quiet, I just had a moment of panic and tried to update my clue and lost sight of how it'd look if you hadn't seen my whole thought process to get there.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think the best clue would have been like - revving a
small
motorcycle engine, but my brain just borked and said "oh, a Vespa is like a small motorcycle!" buuuuut that was not a good way to think
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

ooooh this is a fun one

my initial thought is, flies are quite kill-
able
, they are orders of magnitude easier for us to kill than the big bois like Bears, Hippos, Elephants, etc. But they can be hard to kill in the sense that they're quick little fuckers, and I think Xalxe is trying to point us towards that with the additional "evading your grasp" clause. I'd say this is left of 50, my gut instinct is in the upper 20s-30s range, but curious to hear what others think.

I could imagine worlds where this is like 40s-50s if he was focused on how annoying it can be trying to actually kill the damn things, but I wouldn't want to go any higher than 55 as I think by that point you'd be thinking of larger/deadlier things that are actually difficult to kill in a literal sense. You might be running around your kitchen for a bit with a flyswatter but usually you can kill the fly more often than not.

also any time killing flies comes up it makes me think of this throwback
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think using your logic 35 feels like a pretty good spot - definitely not Super Low, but not too far either. I'd put a fly in a vacuum at like 20-30 so maybe adjust around 5-10 for evasiveness. I could go as far as 40 perhaps but that's definitely where it starts to feel high to me.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually eh I could see like 40
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hmmm

There are definitely people who have had like... the Perfect Game Of Billiards where they score every ball in order and never give up the break/turn, right? I'm certainly of the camp of it being a high-skill game, I think my gut would say right rather than left. You can't really luck your way into winning at billiards against someone who is a lot better than you, and ultimately it's all just physics
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah, my first thought was pretty far to the right as well, but I wonder what the reasoning is for specifically a "roast" instead of saying something like stand-up or a well known comedy if it's Extremely Right

I'm really not sure, 90 feels decent on first pass but I kinda want to marinate on it and see what others think as well
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Xalxe/NSG - any opinions? I keep wavering on if GB meant a more straightforward "a roast is a comedy event, this is Very Comedy" or if there was any kind of implication of 10+ Tragedy Points in how we find humor by mocking/making fun of eachother contrasted with a hypothetical clue that could have been more pure
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh god we have 4 hours

okay setting an alarm on my phone to submit 87 in ~3 hours, get words in before then
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

eh maybe stick with 90

every time I start to try to go further left I doubt myself
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

guess: 90

my apologies to GB and the team if this is like comically too far to the right lol
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:02 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

it's just one of those clues where every time I was like "what if I put it at 70 or something" my brain is like "imagine how silly you'd feel once it's revealed to be 95" and I can't escape that

it reminds me of one time I was playing this game IRL with friends and we had the spectrum for Funny Movie / Serious Movie and the clue given to us was Legally Blonde and we all talked ourselves into somewhere in the middle due to it being a super influential feminist movie that has a lot of serious themes/messages about sexism and not judging stereotypically feminine people by their outward appearances or interests, and then the actual value was revealed as like 90+ funny movie
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

and also the other important part of that story was that the person who had given the clue was like the most outwardly radical leftist/progressive of all of us
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 385, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 383, Morning Tweet wrote:would you look at that. approximately 73.45 with a standard deviation of 2.48
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sorry team. I was thinking like, some people think they can handle roasts, but they really can't. and can get emotionally hurt, like I've seen some roastees cry during them. that can be tragic.

also idk Shakespeare that was for the smart people's English class.
no worries at all it seems I have been the primary reason we are putting up these zeroes

when you put it that way I get the idea, I made a faulty assumption that the hypothetical roast is well-received by all including the roastee

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”