Newbie 2074 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:46 am

Post by ClarkBar »

VOTE: cowsloveSushirolls

I don't think cows loving sushi is super plausible.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:52 am

Post by ClarkBar »

As a kid I was all about Rocky Road. These days anything vanilla with a little caramel is my go to. Ben & Jerry's "Americone Dream" is perfection.
In post 15, JamesTheNames wrote:Just going to get the backlash to the comment out the way
I have strangely never heard of Banana ice cream. Seems like an obvious flavor too. So is the backlash about this or you not liking pizza? I'm confused by the self-vote.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:52 am

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 19, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 18, ClarkBar wrote:VOTE: cowsloveSushirolls

I don't think cows loving sushi is super plausible.
But bars made out of men called Clark?
My avatar backs up my story.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:05 am

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 22, JamesTheNames wrote:The pizza comment unfortunately.
Sure, not liking pizza is an insane take, but there was no backlash. What is the value of the self-vote?
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 57, Dannflor wrote:In this case, the amount of words read to me as a nervous cover for rolling scum
I thought it was pretty funny. Yes, putting up big walls where you say a lot without really saying anything is noteworthy, but that is not the spirit in which I took .
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 61, Dannflor wrote:
In post 58, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 57, Dannflor wrote:
a player with that level of verbosity and apparent dedication to analysis can spare a few words to at least attempt to get some sort of conversation going on a useful game level

In this case, the amount of words read to me as a nervous cover for rolling scum
Compared to 3 votes with no initial justifications?
I honestly don’t know what this post is trying to say
Not to put words in another player's mouth, but I'll guess that the question comes from a point of view that the Salsa wagon and how it formed is maybe more worthy of conversation "on a useful game level" than what seems to me to be an elaborate RV.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 66, Ythan wrote:I want to sheep Dann but I don't want to deincentivize funny posts hmmm.
The funny (and it quacked me up) post came from Leaven. Dann is voting Val. Why do you want to sheep that vote? How would putting a vote on Val disincentivize funny posts?
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 68, Ythan wrote:In post 66 I am talking about post 47.
Ok, but you want to sheep a vote on Val but you aren’t. Why do you want to sheep it? And why aren’t you, besides preventing humorous posts?
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:40 am

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 160, StrangeMatter wrote:Also, James is a seems off to me, a self vote and a really random and awful VT claim. That's obviously very scummy, but it feels less like it might just be too scummy and random to be to actually be something scum does.
Normally a self-vote really rubs me the wrong way, but the context of this particular self-vote didn't ping me too much. It was early and flippant. I asked about it and the response was it was meant to get fluff posts out of the way. And in a way that worked.

I feel that the self-vote combined with the vote on Salsa by Dann effectively ended the RVS and got the game "going". Val probably wants credit for that too with his vote on me, and I'll accept that. Point being that there is no more use for gestures that are meant to "get things going." I hate to harp on but it was apropos of nothing and was unnecessary to do. If it apparently failed the way that James describes (in a game that should not have been brought up) then I have to wonder at the motivation. Is there a scum advantage of doing that sort of VT claim? I don't know that I see any.
In post 172, Leaven wrote:Not comfortable with this at 3. Will be back this evening.
@Leaven Is there something specific about Ythan's posting today (or perhaps the posting of others) that made you feel there was a risk of 2 more people hopping on his wagon?
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

Hey, I should have mentioned that weekends are extremely busy for me. I will try to make a substantive post today, but honestly weekends are a bear.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”