Replacing out

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 6, Ythan wrote:
In post 5, Datisi wrote:there's most likely been "scum being scumread, reps out, great scum player reps in and saves slot" situations too, though i can't remember specific examples off the top of my head for that one
I speculate that not doomed scum is unlikely to rep out.
From what I’ve observed players of either alignment can lose interest when they get run up but really no good way to policethat.

Public replacing out is against the rules like Saudade did in Nancy v Titus.

Spoiler:
I was shamed (and now probably unfairly anonymously bl’d) for doing that in a game but I feared getting a temp ban in that, had I not. \_0_/

I am trying extremely hard not to be toxic in games, so that’s a huge influencer, if I’m not confident I can control it.

I’m a helluva a lot better now at avoiding doing that in general, so being punished for that is hurtfully ironic.

I find flaking to be the most destabilizing to games in general - especially when the mod lets the game drag on for days without a prod or necessary replacement.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #64 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 14, OkaPoka wrote:what if i told you the act of replacing out is AI because its statistically correlated with being scum?
My replacement rate albeit low is definitely not AI. That really depends, town replaces out a lot too.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I think if we punish anyone who isn’t a continual repeat offender or for a sudden rl emergency, people will just be afraid to sign up for anything and that would ultimately kill the site.

My personal experience is that other people’s replacements have either actually helped or at least not hurt me - irrespective of alignment.

I hear this argument mostly from disgruntled scum but I think a competent scum player should always have a backup plan.

When I was scum in Coalition, the town replacement obviously did hurt us but we played around it and still won and I’m not at all salty about that because I like to constantly challenge myself whatever alignment I roll and you just need to be flexible.

I even won when my scumbuddy replaced out. So it really hasn’t really ever caused me to lose as scum but otoh, has helped as town.

What I see as destabilizing to games is either blatantly obvious tactical replace out or flaking. Flaking has actually seriously harmed my games as either alignment and if MU has harsh punishments for that, I can’t understand why MS doesn’t.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #74 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Why do we keep seeing these kinds of threads, yet not a one on flaking, which imo drags more games down than anything.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”