Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #142 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:52 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Never fear, the cavalry has arrived to
ruin
save the day, by hanging all the
townies
mafia!
Sorry for taking a while to post but as you can see by my snazzy banner, I am on V/LA until sunday.

No strong reads yet, although I feel the drama with flubber is being taken pretty harshly to what resulted from mostly RVS discussion.

VOTE: Titus
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:04 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Honestly most of the people here are giving me town vibes, I would like to hear some more from Alch, because they are giving off some weird vibes.
I think ChaosOmega is also giving off some weird vibes, but they seem to already be under fire.

Not really scumreads, but more off nullreads in a sea of townreads for me -_('-')_-
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:54 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 236, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 235, Umlaut wrote:
In post 225, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 218, Datisi wrote:i currently have about 8 scumleans and 3/4ths of a townread

can whoever is town here start acting like it
Sounds like a you problem.
What's the point of this reply?
The point is that if he’s scumreading 8 slots then his idea of scumminess is way too broad and he needs to figure out where he’s going wrong instead of putting it on everyone else.
In post 132, Alchemist21 wrote:But Titus since you’re here got any reads to share?
In post 186, Alchemist21 wrote:Can you go over your reasons for all your reads?
In post 189, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 187, Aristeia wrote:T3 I'm not quite as comfortable with but they've all done independently townish things that remind me of their towngames.
Can you show me which T3 posts looked Towny to you?

Outside of that and your read on me my reads are at about the same place but with different levels of confidence.
I think my main problem with Alch here is that even though they are posting frequently, their posts are primarily just asking for other people to elaborate. I also disagree with the criticism of Datsi having a large number of SRs early on. I find that kind of behavior natural of townies.

I understand I may come off as distant from this game and not really trying to solve, but until my V/LA is up I can't really do much. I'm going to try to solve this more when I get the time.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:38 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 316, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 314, MegAzumarill wrote:I think my main problem with Alch here is that even though they are posting frequently, their posts are primarily just asking for other people to elaborate. I also disagree with the criticism of Datsi having a large number of SRs early on. I find that kind of behavior natural of townies.
Yes, I ask people to elaborate so I can understand them better. I also didn’t say Datisi was being scummy, I was saying the number of scumreads is problematic and the issue is on his end, not ours.

I’ve also done more than just ask for elaboration from people, but I don’t think you actually read the game carefully; I think you just skimmed through it.

Yeah I haven't had a whole lot of time to read through everything super thoroughly (the game was on page 6 when I first had a chance to check in), I intend reread some more. Like I said I don't find it scummy particularly. It just feels NAI, and makes up the majority of your content. All in all it feels a little, hollow maybe? I don't know how to describe ti but it doesn't give me many good feelings toward your slot.

Titus is my RVS vote, I don't think they have done much either way yet. I don't see a reason to change it until I SR someone else.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:57 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Yep, like I said that was shortly after I had first read through the game, and I am a firm believer in having someone voted at all times (except limlo and similar scenarios) because it can generate discussion (which it already has) titus doesn't really have a chance of being limmed today anyway so why would I move it? In the end it is at worst pointless.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I would like to point out that the initial push on me is due to factor's outside of the game itself. (I.e. the distance from me to the game due to V/LA) Additionally I am not going to have much time to defend myself due to V/LA after this, so I would like you to suspend your disbelief until I can start working with my proper town boots when I get back. Discussing me when I'm not going to be able to respond isn't going to help us find scum. I will be in more of a position to explain my decisions when I am back. Let's cool the mislim juice till then.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 383, Datisi wrote:
In post 382, MegAzumarill wrote:I would like to point out that the initial push on me is due to factor's outside of the game itself. (I.e. the distance from me to the game due to V/LA)
i would like to point out that this is not the case. it's not just about you being v/la and not following the game closely, my issue is that your post seemed like textbook scum who isn't active making a post that seems vaguely solvey but it's actually ~air~. i had this tell come up in a recent town game of mine, i can find the links later if needed, it is still fresh in my mind which is why i jumped when i saw the post

also i'm not sure i like this when the case on you isn't even just that one post but /shrug, i'll focus energy elsewhere in the meantime
My point is that this general scumminess of the posts isn't due to me being scum but rather that kind of post is from how I have been able to follow the game due to my V/LA. I recognize its not really possble to distinguish between the two.
Just try to focus on my posts from here on forward.

Also looking back at my general uneasiness with Alch it probably stems from similarities with my own scumplay, though I recognize it also is a viable playstyle as town.
I will be providing a thorough analysis of the game tomorrow so far in a bit.

Welcome to the game mathblade! Tis I, the day 1 mislim.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:56 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Wish I had more time today but something came up. Here goes my first batch of analysis. I probably will refrain from analysing Mathblade/seanzie slot for now. Hopefully, I can get the rest done today.

Alchemist: lots of posts, presses people for their reasonings, very reactionary, null read
Aristeia: posts little content, but still shows they are following the game closely in 184, strong townread
ChaosOmega: keeps posts long, fairly thoroughly analyses conversations, doesn’t actively push his reads out, weak townread
Datisi: tends to latch onto one thing about a player that they find suspicious and stick by it for long stretches, townread,
Flubber: doesn’t provide a lot of reads and doesn’t appear to be actively contributing, scumread
Gamma: reasonings seem to be understandable and seem to be thinking out their actions, townread
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:36 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 512, Datisi wrote:@meg, when you're back
In post 508, MegAzumarill wrote:Flubber: doesn’t provide a lot of reads and doesn’t appear to be actively contributing, scumread
what's your experience in mafia, and why are you not voting the person you apparently scumread?

I've played in one other game on site and played for a while on other sites. I'm not voting flubber until I get a chance to analyze the rest of the Player List. When I finish that I'll likely vote my biggest SR.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Mathblade: new sub in so chalk it up to a null read so far
Lukewarm: likes to move around their vote, clash with Chaos appears to be Town on town Imo, mainly coming from a disparity in approach to votes, slight townread
T3: is T3, slight townread
Titus: doesn’t seem super concerned with exactly who is limmed, which seems townie (as I suspect there are 1 or more scum outside of their townblock) but doesn’t seem to provide a good flow of logic into the game, slight townread
Tris: extremely scummy, lim on sight
Umlaut: mostly talks surrounding flubber, and not adding input on the rest of the game, posts intermittently but not often. Scumread
Vulture: on 2 occasions (me and flubber) added to a large wagon without providing thoughts of said wagon, very few reads given until very recently, Scumread

Honestly it feels like vulture hasn’t received enough pressure after their putting flubber at E-1. Especially after Chaos ended up doing the same before, with a much less meaningful vote.

VOTE: Vulture
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I mean I've mainly been catching up to the game since my V/LA, I still sort you as a null read though because in my eyes it looks like you are pushing town but your logic seems to hold up somewhat. So its give and take with you.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

If anyone would like me to better elaborate on a part of this analysis or the last feel free to ask, I know Flubber responded to my last one but was primarily dismissive about the whole thing.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Feel free to press on whatever point you want first, try to be more specific than "most" its a lot easier for me to communicate this 1 by 1 than all at once, and I figure it will be easier for you guys to digest as well.

Also Mathblade, I have reads on you, but I don't feel so inclined to disclose them until they settle on something, nostly it aligns with what I already mentioned about you though.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

"they" are my reads on you. I see them falling on either side of the scum/town line right now, which is why I am leaving you as unsure on my reads list until I make up my mind.

Why do you find it so important I have a defined read on you? Seems like a little of a weird thing to ask of me. I would love to hear why you seem to want it so much.

I'll get to you Datisis in a few minutes.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 589, Vulture wrote:
In post 579, MegAzumarill wrote:Mathblade: new sub in so chalk it up to a null read so far
Lukewarm: likes to move around their vote, clash with Chaos appears to be Town on town Imo, mainly coming from a disparity in approach to votes, slight townread
Titus: doesn’t seem super concerned with exactly who is limmed, which seems townie (as I suspect there are 1 or more scum outside of their townblock) but doesn’t seem to provide a good flow of logic into the game, slight townread
Umlaut: mostly talks surrounding flubber, and not adding input on the rest of the game, posts intermittently but not often. Scumread
Vulture: on 2 occasions (me and flubber) added to a large wagon without providing thoughts of said wagon, very few reads given until very recently, Scumread

Honestly it feels like vulture hasn’t received enough pressure after their putting flubber at E-1. Especially after Chaos ended up doing the same before, with a much less meaningful vote.

Pretty sure this proves you're not reading my posts in good faith given the fact that I townread almost everyone on your wagon, as seen here. There's not a lot to say when you're scummy and I agree with the people voting you.

Spoiler:
In post 456, Vulture wrote:I'm phoning it in for this game. Normal games don't have the same zest as other games, it feels like, so I'm unsure why I threw myself in here.

I'm comfortable with the townpool of T3/
Datisi
/Lukewarm/
Ari
(Her posting improved once I saw more for her. Someone prodded her on a read on someone I don't remember, but it didn't feel as if it was something she made up). Thinking about
Titus
some; from a glance at a recent scum game, she went hard after her partners. It doesn't feel like she's doing that this game and unless she has at least 1 partner in the townpool I'm inclined to believe she's town from that as well.

Chaos's vote being parked on Flubber feels strange. I feel as if he's abandoned (at least somewhat) pressing there in favor of calling out other slots as weird. But keeping his vote parked on Flubber while having another growing wagon (Meg) and acknowledging her as weird feels as if Chaos doesn't want to vote a partner and wants to go for a miselim on Flubber.

VOTE: MegAzumarill.

This, however, depends on Meg flipping scum. And given that Meg sounds awkward, fine to vote there regardless.

This comes across as an attack because I voted you and because I am the 'easiest' vote on your wagon that you could feasibly swing, and even then you're trying to frame it as 'they need more pressure' in a way that is underhanded. Your tone hasn't improved and I think that I'm probably correct about my previous thoughts on wagons.

Part of my point is that ChaosOmega ended up doing a similar bit to what you are doing (joining the wagon without adding any input to it), and ended up getting pressure for it. Why would that not apply to you, I feel even doubly so for putting Flubber at E-1. I think your spot deserves more looking into.

I also feel that it is incredibly strange that your vote on me you end up discussing just about every other player than the person you are voting.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 587, Datisi wrote:
In post 508, MegAzumarill wrote:Wish I had more time today but something came up. Here goes my first batch of analysis. I probably will refrain from analysing Mathblade/seanzie slot for now. Hopefully, I can get the rest done today.

Alchemist: lots of posts, presses people for their reasonings, very reactionary, null read
Aristeia: posts little content, but still shows they are following the game closely in 184, strong townread
ChaosOmega: keeps posts long, fairly thoroughly analyses conversations, doesn’t actively push his reads out, weak townread
Datisi: tends to latch onto one thing about a player that they find suspicious and stick by it for long stretches, townread,
Flubber: doesn’t provide a lot of reads and doesn’t appear to be actively contributing, scumread
Gamma: reasonings seem to be understandable and seem to be thinking out their actions, townread
In post 579, MegAzumarill wrote:Mathblade: new sub in so chalk it up to a null read so far

okay then

- why is alchemist null? you listed things that seem like it should be ai (pressing for reasoning/being reactionary)? if they're not ai, why even bother to list them?
- why is "following the game closely" worthy of a *strong townread*? and what about her readslist made you so sure that it's genuine?
- why am i a townread for latching onto things for a long amount of time?
- what makes you believe that luke/omega is t/t?
- do you have exp with t3? why are they "slight townread"?

i also had a "provide examples" for pretty much every single one of your reads, but that got repetitive very quickly...
- pressing for reasoning is a fantastic tactic for scum to use (and one I enjoy using as well), often leading to a false sense of towniness due to high post count without having to construct a large amount of reads. I find it something to bring up because I have seen the tactic leading to false locktowns and resulting losses for town, It also is a useful tactic for stagnating conversation by reiterating what already has been said.
- its mainly the way they are following, they seem keen on giving their thoughts on the game at hand often, and when pressed they showed they were keeping a pretty reasonable reads list on top of that. The main reason for me is they don't seem to want to steer the conversation in any given direction, which although you can have scum actively following and contributing, scum doing that is usually possessing an agenda, something it is clear Ari does not have.
- Your locking on to something and trying to pressure that person until you are convinced they are town ends up seeming towny. You give off the energy of trying to spot scum, and when you think you have, you don't let up until you either are convinced otherwise or find another person to pressure, and while I don't doubt it can be very effective, it does seem awfully prone to causing mislims.
- it feels like the main conflict of lukewarm and T3 is coming from a disparity in the use of votes. Luke is using votes with stated reasonings in order to elicit a particular response (usually an explanation or readlist, etc.) while Chaos is using votes as a tool to only eliminate who they believe to be scum. This causes conflict in two places. 1. Chaos, as he had stated had agreed with the reasons on the flubber wagon and added their vote to show that, without adding reasonings (probably to avoid uselessly parroting what others had said) and Luke finds this lack of giving reasons for his vote suspiscious. 2. Chaos votes Luke for constantly changing vote, which in his use of voting would mean a constantly chaotic and fluctuating read list, which he doesn't find natural. (I find this explanation to line up with the 2 players play up to this point, including Luke's vote on me for similar reasons)
- T3 is chaos, they do whatever. I have played enough with T3 to know that at least. I looked at a few of their other games in preparation for a different game I had with them, and their play seems more similar to their town games than scum. Its a slight town read because its been a while since I looked at the games and its not a whole lot to go on.

The notes on my analysis aren't entirely why I read them as I do, but more like the most notable observation I had gotten from the analysis.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I'm fine to be today's mislim but I would like to discuss my analysis more in depth, especially when more people are online.

Try to curb your trigger happy hammering and not cut the day short, I have more to say but the discussion will take some time.

I'm trying to provide some direction forward after I flip green, if I flip red feel free to use the discussion I'm adding to hunt for my partner(s).

No need to cut the day short by 6 IRL days and remove 2 townie voices with stuff to say (mine and the NK tonight)
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Hi prism! I hope you are doing well tonight.

Thanks for the unvote, although I doubt it will help much.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I did forget to ask Vulture what they mean by "stilted: its evident it isnt a positive term but I hadn't heard it before this game.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 623, Vulture wrote:It's NAI. The best I can say as to why it's been recently is "reasons", but I have some energy to think about games coming back.

I don't really know what to think about Meg's response, because it's more in depth than what was originally given and that feels... backwards. Meg might not have had the time beforehand but when asked to catch up and being under some pressure I would think she'd want to be helpful without the nudging of someone else.

However, that doesn't mean the responses weren't good. I'm still in the process of discerning that part.
I believe I already stated that that initial analysis is more of keynotes than anything else. It helps the discussion to take it piece by piece at a time. If I went through all my elaboration at once its going to 1. probably delay the analysis by an IRL day based on my schedule 2. Be harder to read as town as a block of text 3. still require going over the analysis again if people had questions.

I can go in depth with any of them and would like to, as long as someone would ask.

No point going into reads that people aren't interested in at this point, I'd like to focus on what people actually want me to clarify right now.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:39 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 683, Datisi wrote:okay so - re meg's

do you think alchemist is doing that in a scummy or townie way? why?

the explanation for aristeia feels off. you say how aristeia doesn't want to steer conversation in any given direction. then you note how scum *can* steer convos in a game, but then they would appear to have an agenda, and aristeia doesn't seem to have an agenda so she's town - but you just said that she's not steering the conversation? where would you expect that "agenda" to show up then?

*why* does my play come across as townie? like, what's making you sure that i'm town genuinely running around as opposed to scum looking to push through misyeets? especially considering you're currently my main target?

the luke/omega fight seems like a playstyle clash when you describe it that way, sure. but scum has a playstyle as well. so again, why is this t/t?

I'm going to respond to the alchemist and aristelia questions at the same time, because I think it gives a good example for the latter. Alchemist for a good portion of the game has been directing the conversation (i.e. Why do you think that, what do you think about x?) and not contributing a huge amount of their own reads (some scattered about though). But Ari has been contributing their own reads and thoughts into the game while making no effort to control the flow of the conversation at all. I don't think scum does that as it is almost impossible to distinguish it coming from a scum or a town. Likewise its why I nullread Alch, because I easily see a townie acting the way he is or a scum doing the same. I would suggest looking into the slot further.

As for you it seems evident that other people don't seem to find that kind of aggression a particular townie trait, but I definitely do, especially coming from an experienced player like yourself. If you are scum you would know I'd flip green and how that would look so I don't think you'd go like that at a town on day 1. It just feels unlikely to me. If other people think differently, I'd guess I'll have to chalk it up to agree to disagree on whether it is scummy/NAI/towny.

I think the Chaos/Luke is T/T because I don't really see anything coming off as scummy, and after rereading their interactions back and forth, Chaos response (which I am aware he got push for) felt more like a legitimate response from a town.

Also, I'm thinking Mathblade is falling more into my scumread territory, I will get to my reasons for that in a moment.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:50 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 660, MathBlade wrote:
Spoiler: Sentences in player list order
(There are other reasons and I'm practically falling asleep as I'm writing this but I'm putting the reasons I think are safest for us)
T3 => Annoying, but probably town. I wish he'd quit being antitown, but probably town. Has some instances that separate him from Aristeia where he shows he's analyzing the game.
MegAzumarill => Scum lean. Her posting seems very surface level. She should be able to explain them more. Even her responses don't reference things in thread. They reference what she does as scum for one of them. In her developed response to Datisi she says "Your locking on to something and trying to pressure that person until you are convinced they are town ends up seeming towny. You give off the energy of trying to spot scum, and when you think you have, you don't let up until you either are convinced otherwise or find another person to pressure, and while I don't doubt it can be very effective, it does seem awfully prone to causing mislims. "

This is something you say to a scumread not a town one. But she says in a prior post
"tends to latch onto one thing about a player that they find suspicious and stick by it for long stretches, townread, "

I find this more common with scum than town so they don't have to vote. A good example of me doing this was the Calculasia game mentioned several times. "There has to be a scum in (big list of PRs claims)" but there wasn't. I used the fact the setup was completely townsided to my advantage. The only reason she's not as high up as someone like Chaos as she doesn't seem to have any defenders. This means it's very much either a newbie scum team (which in that case not to worry) or scum are very disconnected right now.

I also think if Meg is scum it's probably with Aristeia.

Overall I think if Meg is town then scum have control of the gamestate somewhere and I'd look for someone manipulating the game. With no champion for the Flubber/Prism wagon then to me its dead because if it's a scum bus then scum would want the credit and if it's led by a town player then if they thought Flubber would flip scum they'd go "Hell ya I'm the champion here's why Flubber flips scum". The only other person this could be is Umlaut at this point and there will be plenty of other ways to test him. The fact no one seems to vouch for the Flubber wagon hardly at all, means that Prism is probably town. I'm kinda at the point some fuckery is happening but I'm not sure where so I wanna flip some people to find it.
(Quote edited to only include parts involving me for relevancy)

The main infraction here is the fact that he goes after me for having reads at a very surface level, yet they don't ask for elaboration on any of the points I made. They don't seem interested in what I have to say and immediately right it off as essentially meaningless without asking to go in depth. I mean I'm aware that people are going to right off some of my reads as bad, but they hadn't made an effort to try to understand where I am coming from. It feels like scum that doesn't want me to add more because they are happy with the dynamics right now
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:05 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Datisis, because doing it (controlling the conversation) has a large amount of benefits for scum (and town.) It also doesn't have many downsides for scum, so forgoing it would almost be a waste as scum. Although I will concede that I think scum are probably happy with the way the discussion is going right now, so it doesn't hold as much weight to me in this circumstance

I mean Datisis, you actually seem interested in having me share my reasonings, so that adds to the townread as well (I'd not like to get into it right now, there's more important things to discuss)
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:31 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 749, Prism wrote:Meg:
In post 142, MegAzumarill wrote:I feel the drama with flubber is being taken pretty harshly to what resulted from mostly RVS discussion.

VOTE: Titus
In post 329, MegAzumarill wrote:Titus is my RVS vote, I don't think they have done much either way yet. I don't see a reason to change it until I SR someone else.
In post 579, MegAzumarill wrote:Titus: doesn’t seem super concerned with exactly who is limmed, which seems townie (as I suspect there are 1 or more scum outside of their townblock) but doesn’t seem to provide a good flow of logic into the game, slight townread
Can you discuss more explicitly how you arrived at this initial vote given your later townlean? You're saying RVS but I want to know what the thought process was, if there was one.

I skimmed through the ISOs after my first skim of the game, found one that wasn't being actively pressured and didn't have a lot of posts and voted that one.

I was V/LA at the time and didn't have time to do a thorough look through of the game.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:17 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Lukewarm wrote:
post 71, joins the Flubber wagon with no comment on it what so ever.

Post 101, asks Seanzie for thoughts on the flubber interaction, but still has not voiced any thoughts on it themselves

Is my vote not a comment on what I think of the wagon? -This seems like a natural question from Chaos’s perspective, as the a addition of a comment with his vote parroting what already was said seems awfully, redundant, but it seems like that is what Lukewarm is asking for.

Lukewarm wrote:
And then 227 feels like scum realizing that their early day 1 miselim is starting to slip away, and finally stepping in to try and keep it on the table

If everyone is jumping off, why would I be so desperate as scum to keep on here? Wouldn't this draw attention to me as it has? - this seems like the only way someone could respond to this accusation, trying to explain why that interpretation of their behavior wouldn’t make sense as scum. Overall this accusation on Chaos isn’t built on anything solid.

This was right before a large amount of backlash on the post, but mostly "its scummy" or similar. What is your guys' particular problem with the post?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:36 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 782, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 781, MegAzumarill wrote:Lukewarm wrote:
post 71, joins the Flubber wagon with no comment on it what so ever.

Post 101, asks Seanzie for thoughts on the flubber interaction, but still has not voiced any thoughts on it themselves

Is my vote not a comment on what I think of the wagon? -This seems like a natural question from Chaos’s perspective, as the a addition of a comment with his vote parroting what already was said seems awfully, redundant, but it seems like that is what Lukewarm is asking for.

Lukewarm wrote:
And then 227 feels like scum realizing that their early day 1 miselim is starting to slip away, and finally stepping in to try and keep it on the table

If everyone is jumping off, why would I be so desperate as scum to keep on here? Wouldn't this draw attention to me as it has? - this seems like the only way someone could respond to this accusation, trying to explain why that interpretation of their behavior wouldn’t make sense as scum. Overall this accusation on Chaos isn’t built on anything solid.

This was right before a large amount of backlash on the post, but mostly "its scummy" or similar. What is your guys' particular problem with the post?
All his energy this game has been put into justifying his actions as seen above rather than actually hunting scum. It looks more like scum trying to coast by with minimal effort.
This is a really weird observation as just briefly looking at their ISO it is evident that's not true.
Do you get similar feelings from 26/30 by Flubber? If not, what makes them feel different?

Seanzie, any thoughts about the Flubber/Umlaut interaction?

As for other reads I have, Umlaut, Seanzie, Vulture, and Datisi for town, something about Gamma is pinging me, but I can't really put it into words, so I'm ignoring it for now, still think Flubber is scum, the push on Seanzie and his post about mindmelding w/ Titus reads phony.

I am also interested in his jump off of Flubber, but I think his interaction with your slot has a weirder vibe. He votes you, tries being really nice not wanting to step on your toes at all, you post a readlist where he's town, and then he jumps off and says you're a top town read. It doesn't feel genuine./

I'm going to talk about this more further down, but it feels mechanical, like you're going through motions to look town and not actually scumhunting. It doesn't feel like you were trying to sort Aristeia, it feels like you were trying to buddy them and look productive while doing so.

285 from Alchemist feels weird to me bringing up his post count. It's not done explicitly, but it feels like he's trying to use that to show his towniness. I feel the same thing as Meg in 284 that I'm getting weird vibes from him, but I think there's a decent chance this is just playstyle difference, so I'm not really interested pushing there today.
They seem to be actively trying to hunt scum in every one of their post, I would like to hear more from them though.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:54 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 947, Datisi wrote:
In post 793, Lukewarm wrote:And even following that, it has taken questions for Meg to expound on things. And the way they have expounded, feels more like a conversation in abstraction then how they feel about each player they are talking about. Like, why each action could be read the way they read them in the read lists, as opposed to what they think about each player.
you're right, sorry i read this paragraph and then promptly deleted it from my brain for some reason

i think "conversation in abstraction" puts into words what i've been vaguely feeling about most of meg's posts but was struggling to express.
I agree that I am working in abstracts. I don't really see the problem with doing so, though I realize it probably doesn't do a whole lot to get the point across. (i.e. Vulture wagon started up for the same reasons I had pushed them, but stated in an evidently clearer push by Titus.) I work in abstracts for a few reasons.
(this is assuming you are using the dictionary definition of abstraction, please inform me if its a different term, couldn't find anything on the wiki)
1. I understand I am likely the lim today, and want to bring up my observations about the game to try to help give input after I am dead. (primary reason for the following question)
2. I enjoy working in abstracts, as it can help me from tunneling on a particular townie and try to reason out the game and player's perspectives on situations.

A question in general I'd like to discuss is to assume I'm voted out today, and flip green. Who do you scumread now and why?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:06 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 986, Vulture wrote:Meg, why do you keep pushing on point 1 when you’re not the top wagon?
1. I am still widely scumread by people and decently likely to get limmed today or tomorrow.
2. That is arguably more preferable to me living until Limlo and being LHF.
3. If I'm alive I can adjust my input as needed.

Also, Titus, would you mind give your reasoning of why you townread me?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:36 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

I was on the Vulture wagon before it was cool

In post 869, Titus wrote:VOTE: Vulture

Let's steal us a scum flip, or at least a nightkill.

@Gamma, You in?
In post 885, Titus wrote:
In post 152, Vulture wrote:VOTE: Flubbernugget

E-1.
This is the scummy vote.

Titus went and looked at the ISOs, found the same vote I had found, and agreed it was scummy.
The wagon was started on the same thing I had already observed and found scummy, and I still do.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:27 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 986, Vulture wrote:Meg, why do you keep pushing on point 1 when you’re not the top wagon?
In post 987, Vulture wrote:You’re clearly aware of my wagon existing and have read back so you should be aware that the votes on you have dropped away, yes?
In post 988, Vulture wrote:The way I read you doing that right now is:

You are aware I am town -> you see the wagon but assume people will also recognize I am town -> you fear it flipping back onto you.

Feels like pre-emotive damage control.

These posts strikes me as particularly bad of their recent posts. This feels fabricated for a few reasons.

1. They accuse me of preemptive damage control if the wagon. What benefit would this have for me if I am scum?

2. I had already mentioned being eliminated on many circumstances, but they only choose to attack the point when I am the counter wagon against them, why not bring it up sooner if you found it scummy?

3. The posts aren't coherent, the first couple seems to imply confusion of why I would bring that up and that the votes were dissolving off me (Which isn't true VC was 5 on Vulture and 4 on me, still very close) However the third acts as if they are confident I am scum with an agenda of how I expect the conversation to go. Why would they act confused if they already had an idea of a scum motivation behind it? They didn't think of it later, as the posts were posted back to back.

It feels like a desperation attack to me when I go back and reread it.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:30 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 985, MegAzumarill wrote: 1. I understand I am likely the lim today, and want to bring up my observations about the game to try to help give input after I am dead. (primary reason for the following question)

Added for context because I forgot to put it in the last post.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:04 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1039, Vulture wrote:
In post 1036, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 987, Vulture wrote:You’re clearly aware of my wagon existing and have read back so you should be aware that the votes on you have dropped away, yes?
In post 988, Vulture wrote:The way I read you doing that right now is:

You are aware I am town -> you see the wagon but assume people will also recognize I am town -> you fear it flipping back onto you.

Feels like pre-emotive damage control.

These posts strikes me as particularly bad of their recent posts. This feels fabricated for a few reasons.

1. They accuse me of preemptive damage control if the wagon. What benefit would this have for me if I am scum?

2. I had already mentioned being eliminated on many circumstances, but they only choose to attack the point when I am the counter wagon against them, why not bring it up sooner if you found it scummy?

3. The posts aren't coherent, the first couple seems to imply confusion of why I would bring that up and that the votes were dissolving off me (Which isn't true VC was 5 on Vulture and 4 on me, still very close) However the third acts as if they are confident I am scum with an agenda of how I expect the conversation to go. Why would they act confused if they already had an idea of a scum motivation behind it? They didn't think of it later, as the posts were posted back to back.

It feels like a desperation attack to me when I go back and reread it.
1) To reinforce a sense of “look I’m reasonable guys, I can be helpful, don’t get rid of me” should the wagon on me disappear; the worry is that town will recognize me as town as well and then revert to you.

This is wrong for two reasons, 1. the people ending up on your wagon are for the most part the people that were on the Chaos wagon, not mine, even if they were to "revert" back to their prior vote, it wouldn't be on me. 2. I think I have made it clear I have no intention of surviving past the first few days of this game and being LHF for scum come limlo.

2) I had already ultimately decided that you were my vote prior in . As I had very explicitly stated I was thinking about your post that is the root of this woe is me I can be useful mentality, the implication is that it did not sway me personally.

You are not answering the accusation. Why do you suddenly find it suspicious to act like this when you yourself said it felt meaningless earlier? Why is it suddenly a scumtell now that you are at risk? I understand yo uhave other suspiscions about me but what made you change your view on my attitude to being limmed.

Furthermore, I have had you as my vote before I was wagoned. This is obviously not an attempt to counter wagon or double down on you where I wasn’t before.

3) I know you’re misrepresenting them, but to everyone else: it’s not confusion but rhetorical questioning of someone’s motivations as scum. There is clearly no part of me in those posts that is like “huh, wonder what Meg is thinking” given the conclusion I write up not even a minute or two later.

Its also that your claim doesn't make sense with the vote lineup. You claim that the votes on me and shifted onto you, which wasn't the situation at all, we both were/are very likely to be a lim today. The main thing that felt weird about the post was the sense of certainty in the accusation, for me addressing one of the most likely outcomes of today.
In post 1045, Datisi wrote:
In post 1043, Vulture wrote:That last point in particular is such an egregious misread that I don’t believe anyone acting with any good faith would think I was confused or interpret it as such.
yeah, i read that post, and i was wondering if meg was being serious.
I am serious and think this string of posts is incredibly scummy.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:53 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

[quote]Where did I say it was meaningless? Direct quote, please?[\quote]

Someone in the game said that it "was doing nothing for them."
After reading through your ISO, it wasn't you, so I concede on that point.
Having trouble with who actually did after reading like 8 of the ISOs.

What is weird is that you ended up posting the VC mid wagon, right after 2 players shifted from chaos onto you. I count 3 players shifting from chaos to you in a short time, and 1 on me (titus Mathblade, T3: compared to just gamma from me)
That point still stands.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:55 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1003, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 999, Titus wrote:Also, using one flip to check someone based on their read accuracy rarely works. Genuine can be wrong.
It may not be the same for math, but for me it is nore really about read accuracy

First, and foremost, I think Meg is scummy.

But after that, I don't think Ari and Meg are ever partners here. So a
scum meg flip
would make me more
confident in a ari town read

And on the other hand, I agree with ari's analysis that scumPrism would not need to enter the thread the way that she did if Meg was not her partner, so a
town meg flip
would make me more
confident in a prism town read
@Alchemist

Great formatting by me in my last post
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Taking a page top before i go!
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Here we go!
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Anyway, I'd been starting to scumread Luke for a while now, a lot of their pots feeling very vague and not well reasoned, this flashhammer push does nothing for this.
I'd advise against keeping Luke in the townbin, and putting him under some scrutiny.
I'd also like to add that I feel if the Chaos/Luke engagement is S/T, luke would be the scum there.
I was going to put out a megapost about it near DL, but doesn't look like I'll have time to write it.

Feeling Vulture/Luke/???? as a scumteam.

Just try to look into the lukewarm spot.

T
|
S
[Datisis
Ari
Titus
Gamma
T3
Mathblade] [] indicates general groupings town/null/scum ||| top is towniest to lowest is scummiest
[chaos
alch
umlaut
Prism]
[Luke
Vulture]
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1006, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1001, ChaosOmega wrote:Still not crazy about Lukewarm. He responds to my last post in 432 taking a snipe at the most snipe-able part but doesn't respond to the substance of the post.
To be frank, when my top scum read decides to omgus scum read me back, I don't think it is all that beneficial for me to engage in a 1v1 with that person directly. I stopped feeling like I need to convince you of anything :good: :good:

If you have like, a direct question for me, shoot, but I am not gonna dig through your scum case on me and respond to all of your points. That would only clog the thread

If someone else looks at Chaos's earlier posts, and also has a question for me, they can also feel free to ask me
In post 918, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 909, Datisi wrote:oh, something pings me as weird about lukewarm calling meg scummy earlier, but only voting them now. even though they made no new posts from back then to now. i dunno if it's related to the vulture rising wagon, it might be, who knows. moreso a note for me for later.
Curious what the implications you are worried about here tho?

That I am scum with vulture, and that meg is town? Because in that case, I guess could have easily transitioned to the meg wagon earlier when titus urged me to.

Unless, I guess the scum team is excatly me+Vulture+Meg, and I think vulture is the stronger partner?
In post 1119, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1115, MegAzumarill wrote:Anyway, I'd been starting to scumread Luke for a while now, a lot of their pots feeling very vague and not well reasoned, this flashhammer push does nothing for this.
I'd advise against keeping Luke in the townbin, and putting him under some scrutiny.
I'd also like to add that I feel if the Chaos/Luke engagement is S/T, luke would be the scum there.
I was going to put out a megapost about it near DL, but doesn't look like I'll have time to write it.

Feeling Vulture/Luke/???? as a scumteam.

Just try to look into the lukewarm spot.
Oh my, a second omgus scum read in 1 day?

I was actually going to start writiting the megapost as I checked to see you had started the flashhammer.
No point going over it now, other people's own insights will prove more convincing to them if they look into it.

Plus I haven't had time to run through the logic to make sure it holds up, I'm not surprised if you flip either way.
I'll have to defer that task to town I guess.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1139, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1133, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1099, MegAzumarill wrote:Taking a page top before i go!
In post 1100, MegAzumarill wrote:Here we go!

@ anyone off Meg's wagon

If meg really has been "scum reading luke for a while" do they really say this when they hit E-1, instead of immediately outing their concern incase the hammer is eminent?

Town meg was more worried about getting the page top before they died, then outing their pocket scum read?
In post 1135, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1126, MegAzumarill wrote:I was actually going to start writiting the megapost as I checked to see you had started the flashhammer.
They even claim to have been logged on, specifically to type up the mega post when they saw the push
@ Titus, I will stop posting repeatedly, but I very much would like you to look at this very specific thing and tell me your thoughts.

imo, this is pretty damning that the "I have been scum reading luke for a while" line is a lie.
Less a scumread, more recurring suspicions I think should be checked out.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I mean it doesn't really have to, I'm telling the truth and you will know it when I flip, I'll look into it myself if I live to night phase.

As for the Intent to Hammer: I Claim Chocolate Townie
My Role PM says I'm vanilla townie but I prefer to think of myself as a better flavor than vanilla. Don't feel like being creative with my dying joke.

Happy Hammering
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Also as a PR I'd still wait for intent to claim. Good to give it just in case.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Could I at least get an apology after I flip green?

At least from those on my wagon.

Also @Titus I already claimed VT
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Actually I don't think Vulture has to apologize, if they are town.
I don't think they are, but I'll say it anyway.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1151, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1136, Gamma Emerald wrote:Titus do you still think Luke is townblock material?
I feel like the way he’s acting is very suspicious if Meg is town, and doubly so if Vulture is scum on top of that
This is silly gamma.

I reach near universal town read, minus exactly my top scum read and ~maybe~ prism, but am decidedly a consensus town read.

I see my partner get 4 votes, and panic swap to the Meg wagon.

Then like 16 hours later, both titus and math move away from vulture, and vulture's wagon is dissipating, and down to just a couple votes.

I also see the thread building up tension with Prism in particular getting pretty tilted and ari withdrawing and settling into a solve that does not involve me or vulture

So, in that moment I decide it is time to hard openwolf to shut down the thread that is actively devolving, and to save my partner... whose wagon is already falling apart on its own... and is not the biggest wagon.

Like, even if you think Meg is town (they are not), I am pretty sure I am currently being about as obvtown as can be :good:

I've already said that the flashhammer push on me wasn't what originally caused my concerns. Why are you so against the idea of someone looking into your slot? Why would being consensus town read d1 absolve you of ever having suspicions again?

Things for people to think about this night phase.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (isolation #44) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I'm not even at E-1. 0_0

Well this is awkward.

I don't really have anything left to add that is relevant, so I think I'll go for a while and I'll see if I'm dead when I get back.

Bah! post if I end up dead:
Spoiler:
Town, I believe in you!

Feel free to hammer while I'm gone.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”