Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

stark is way too hasty to get me lynched. Why don't you let me speak first, scum? Undo, unvote please, so I have a chance to defend myself instead of getting quick-lynched. We lost a lot of time during the night, but that doesn't mean we have to lynch very quickly now. We got all the time we need, and I'd rather win this game after such a long time rather than waste a victory because a scum, an overeager confirmed townie and someone else don't care to think for a moment.

First of all, I'm pretty sure stark is scum. All his posts since this day started seem focussed on lynching me as quickly as he can, possibly before I even post anything. But I can also know for more than 95% that he is scum, because I think both LH and HH are town, and strife didn't hammer me right now so he has to be town as well. In fact, strife being sort-of confirmed simplifies things a lot, and makes me see how wrong I was about Stoofer.

Second: if stark says I visited no one, and you think he's speaking the truth, why would you lynch me? I didn't kill anyone, while I see no reason for scum not to kill. This does apply to stark if he's scum as well of course, therefore I don't think I can convince anyone that stark is scum (but he is near 100% scum from my point of view anyway so I vote for him).
stark wrote:So here's my thinking about the foods:

I think that different plagues will have different effects on players based on what they eat.

So far, the only plagues that haven't been done are:

River of Blood
Locusts
Death to Firstborns

The fish would die if the river turned to blood.
The grain (cereal) would be eaten by the locusts.

So it probably wasn't the smartest thing in the world to do to tell everyone our foods.

I say you should keep your food to yourself, LH. It looks like scum has run out of useful plagues, with the exception of death to firstborns.
These are a lot of accurate assumptions, stark. It didn't have to be the case that there were locusts or any of these other 2 plagues, because there have been plagues in this game that are not from the bible (trampling by animals for example).

The name claim is very inconvenient. If I'm lynched and this game is over, I'll ask undo why he gave me a name that does not match my profession. And I'll look for ties between my name and profession right now.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I meant to vote stark in the above post.
Vote: stark
. I also didn't mean it to be that agressive against lord_hur, he actually has a very good reason to lynch me, as the name thing worked with hasdgfas. I wonder why my name doesn't match my profession, and if I lose because of it I'll blame undo :P. The thing is, lord_hur: do you really think undo would make it possible to let the game be broken this easily? If the names are different for scum, wouldn't undo give the scum safe claims? I know this is outguessing the mod, but I want you to answer it anyway.

I do wonder why there was no death though. Maybe it will come with a timer like someone suggested. In that case, me and stark will both die, right? In fact, if that would happen, I'm happy with that. Maybe this is why stark wants me to get lynched so quickly.

LH: if you still think I'm scum, could you unvote anyway to see what happens if we wait for some time? If you think I'm scum, surely you wouldn't mind seeing both stark and me die. If only me or only stark dies, you and HH can still lynch the other if you want.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:45 am

Post by stark »

Lawrencelot wrote: Scramble scramble scramble. Ungrounded accusations. Blame things on the mod.

Ok, that's pretty straightforward.

1. Your name and Has' name did not mean anything. The rest of ours did. Has was scum. It logically follows that you are scum as well.

2. We can afford a miss-lynch.

3. Die scum die.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:03 am

Post by lord_hur »

strife220 wrote:
undo wrote:When they left, a few minutes later, there was nothing to see but yards and yards of razed crops. Their unsatiable hunger was stronger than any other natural disaster Egypt had ever seen. And although this plague didn't cause any demise yet, its consequences will surely be calamitous...[/i]
Hur's worries seem pretty reasonable, with something bad surely happening down the road.

The reason you're so sure it's LL is 100% because of the name thing?
Also now by elimination : strife220 and HH could hammer if they were scum, and stark's claim was the most believable of the lot, and I think his tracking result makes sense too.

Yes stark's overeager to get LL lynched, but he was like that the day before, and hasdgfas was indeed scum.

Either he's a very good scum, or he's town, and I think the latter is correct.

I still think LL is scum.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:10 am

Post by lord_hur »

Lawrencelot wrote:I do wonder why there was no death though. Maybe it will come with a timer like someone suggested. In that case, me and stark will both die, right? In fact, if that would happen, I'm happy with that. Maybe this is why stark wants me to get lynched so quickly.
No. If you're scum, you likely faked your food too. Also, this makes no sense : time obviously works for scum, not for town. I can see scum trying to slow things down so the plague can take effect (similarly to what you're doing), but not the opposite.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:21 am

Post by lord_hur »

Lawrencelot wrote:do you really think undo would make it possible to let the game be broken this easily?
Broken so easily ? I think he was expecting scum to a minimum of research on things as important as names they had to fake. So, yes I don't see it as impossible at all.
Lawrencelot wrote:If the names are different for scum, wouldn't undo give the scum safe claims? I know this is outguessing the mod, but I want you to answer it anyway.
Yes, and indications on what food to claim, and what roles they can safely fake-claim? Please...

Oops, another argument for stark being town : he was the first to claim the "cereal" food, exactly as in HH's claim (and not "bread", "wheat", etc...)
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by strife220 »

Lawrencelot wrote: Second: if stark says I visited no one, and you think he's speaking the truth, why would you lynch me? I didn't kill anyone, while I see no reason for scum not to kill.
I don't understand your argument here. Stark claims you didn't kill anyone last night, but scum didn't kill anyone. How is this incompatible with you being scum?

Lawrencelot wrote:LH: if you still think I'm scum, could you unvote anyway to see what happens if we wait for some time? If you think I'm scum, surely you wouldn't mind seeing both stark and me die. If only me or only stark dies, you and HH can still lynch the other if you want.
I don't understand this. Your saying that grain eaters will all die soon, and since Stark said he's a grain eater, that means you'll both die? So you think Stark has to get a lynch in before the grain-eaters all die because him dying means game-over? This scenario doesn't fit with Stark being scum, since it assumes a) he is actually a cereal eater, and b) he would have chosen such a suicidal night action. The only way I see it fitting is if scum don't get choice over their night actions, and Stark wasn't smart enough to lie about his food.

I don't think the name thing is a great argument for why LL must be scum. I do think the "lets wait around a while" comments he's making are quite damning though, when clearly the locust thing hasn't taken effect yet.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by stark »

Oh, I messed it up earlier.

Vote: Lawrencalot

In regards to breakability. If I were in undo's shoes, I certainly would not have expected my players to go into such depths with name research. I certainly didn't.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

stark wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote: Scramble scramble scramble. Ungrounded accusations. Blame things on the mod.

Ok, that's pretty straightforward.

1. Your name and Has' name did not mean anything. The rest of ours did. Has was scum. It logically follows that you are scum as well.

2. We can afford a miss-lynch.

3. Die scum die.
I forgot about 2. This is indeed not Lylo, since I think we all assume there are 2 scum in total. I will accept being lynched, as I don't see how I could ever get myself out of this situation, especially with this name thing.
Also now by elimination : strife220 and HH could hammer if they were scum, and stark's claim was the most believable of the lot, and I think his tracking result makes sense too.
Good, strife and HH are not scum. Don't lynch one of them after you've lynched me, but lynch stark. Then we'll still win.

I will just try to post from my own perspective now, I'll be lynched anyway and you'll see that I'm town anyway (unless I'm a death miller or something). Go after stark. HH and strife are not confirmed, but it is very unlikely they would not hammer me as scum, since the name thing is pretty straightforward (does anyone know what "barley" or "farmer" has to do with "close"?), so it's not like hammering me is a lyncheable offense. The only way we would lose is if last night's no kill allows the scum to kill twice the next night. In fact, this assumption wouldn't really be that awkward, who knows what the death-to-firstborns plague could do. Be sure to think about this before hammering me.
I don't understand your argument here. Stark claims you didn't kill anyone last night, but scum didn't kill anyone. How is this incompatible with you being scum?
Read it again more carefully. "I see no reason for scum not to kill". Sorry for the double negation, but this is a (possibly wifom) argument for me not being scum if stark speaks the truth. It would be a good argument if there was a doctor or roleblocker for example, then someone else could have targeted someone while his kill didn't go through, which would be more likely than me as scum not targeting anyone.
I don't understand this. Your saying that grain eaters will all die soon, and since Stark said he's a grain eater, that means you'll both die? So you think Stark has to get a lynch in before the grain-eaters all die because him dying means game-over? This scenario doesn't fit with Stark being scum, since it assumes a) he is actually a cereal eater, and b) he would have chosen such a suicidal night action. The only way I see it fitting is if scum don't get choice over their night actions, and Stark wasn't smart enough to lie about his food.
You are correct in all of this. I think these last two situations aren't that unlikely though (why lie about your food, there might be a food-cop or something). But still, it is more likely the scum choose the plagues, that's why I'm confused about stark being scum (or alternatively, the real scum not hammering me).
In regards to breakability. If I were in undo's shoes, I certainly would not have expected my players to go into such depths with name research. I certainly didn't.
Yes you did. I didn't. Now lynch me.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:25 am

Post by stark »

Awesome! Let's do this.

Either you are taking a giant gamble, and are hoping the town will back down due to your eagerness, or you have something up your pocket.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by strife220 »

Hammering in the next 24 hours unless anybody has more D5 contribution.

p.s. I was vanilla in my previous life.

p.p.s. from brief re-reading:
lord_hur wrote:Do you often use "their" for a singular ("only one person") ?
The singular alternative is 'his' or 'her.' English doesn't have a good gender-free word to use when you don't want to specify sex, so we often use 'their' as a singular. It may not be 100% grammatically correct, but it's well accepted.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by lord_hur »

strife220 wrote:p.p.s. from brief re-reading:
lord_hur wrote:Do you often use "their" for a singular ("only one person") ?
The singular alternative is 'his' or 'her.' English doesn't have a good gender-free word to use when you don't want to specify sex, so we often use 'their' as a singular. It may not be 100% grammatically correct, but it's well accepted.
I see, thanks.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

stark wrote:Awesome! Let's do this.

Either you are taking a giant gamble, and are hoping the town will back down due to your eagerness, or you have something up your pocket.
You are a bit too enthousiastic. Town will not back down because of what I said. They shouldn't. If any town would do that, the game of mafia would be too easy for scum. However, they should watch out for the unexpected, it's possible you have something up your sleeve as well. I wouldn't mind if they waited a bit to see what would happen with the cereal-eaters, but it's possible you've been lying about your food.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:12 am

Post by stark »

Lawrencelot wrote:
stark wrote:Awesome! Let's do this.

I wouldn't mind if they waited a bit to see what would happen with the cereal-eaters, but it's possible you've been lying about your food.
I'm sure you wouldn't :lol:
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:22 am

Post by undo »

Not voting:
Hackerhuck, strife220

With 5 alive, it's
3 to lynch

Regarding the replacement issue, I'd like to assure you that strife220's previous role was totally information-less and he has no advantage whatsoever over the rest of you.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by strife220 »

Here goes
Vote: LL
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Interesting. I'm more than a little surprised at Stark's haste to lynch. I hope we're successful, but I'll be a little disappointed if that's the case. I'm not too keen on winning a game because we cracked the name code.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Also, although I'm town, I'd rather not you use your power to save me HH (if you want and can). Only do that if you have reason to think scum will win if I'm lynched (because you know scum could kill twice or something, or you think the last plague will cause a townie to die).

Go town
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:27 am

Post by HackerHuck »

I'm not stopping this lynch.

Although I'm bothered by Stark's behaviour, I'm not entirely convinced that Lawrencelot is town. I also don't think we're at LYLO, but that's not based on any knowledge about the setup or rules as he indicated above.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:21 am

Post by undo »

Not voting:
HackerHuck

With 3 votes,
Lawrencelot has been lynched!

The fifth meeting was much shorter than the previous ones. Only 5 Egyptians, less than half the people convened to the meetings, were left in the meeting room, and the majority of those was quite sure about their next play.

The Egyptians found that Lawrencelot was faking his identity, and for them, that was enough to conclude he was one of the threatening Hebrews. Thus, Lawrencelot was not given many chances to defend himself against such affront. He was maimed and killed in the middle of the town's main square, for everyone, Egyptian fellowman and Hebrew slave, to see.

One of those observers arrived a little bit late, but he immediately recognised the quartered body. The observer was the foreman of the kingdom barleyfields, the dead body was
Tsekani
, a poor
barley farmer
, a
simple townie
. Had the foreman arrived earlier to the execution, the death of another good Egyptianman could have been avoided. But yet again, the daily meeting ended up in failure. Will Egypt be able to resist much more?

Please send in your choices until
October 5, at 10 PM GMT
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:35 am

Post by undo »

Lawrencelot's public execution was a failure. The Egyptians began to disperse, unhappy with the outcome of the situation.

stark was one of the first people to leave the scene and he was the most discontented too. The Pharaoh had trust him an important information-gathering mission, and the results had not been good so far. Plus, he hadn't eaten anything that day, as his daily cereal supply was cancelled due to the recent locusts invasion. He was feeling week and giddy. And, suddenly, he fainted.

It was already night when a wanderer found
stark
lying on the floor, already dead of hunger. A fragment of papyrus parchment in his cloak revealed that he was, indeed,
Akil
Royal Spy
(
tracker
).

But that was just the beginning of a horrid night. All of a sudden, inexplicably, every single firstborn child of every Egyptian home died. They didn't die of disease, or of hunger. Life just left them. As it left the Pharaoh's firstborn too, his only child and heir to the Egyptian throne.

Such atrocious and heinous event perturbed
lord_hur
- that is,
Habibah
, who had recently lost her son, Mosi - even more. Her son had died the most painful death, when the boils plague stalked the city. The mournful mother felt incapable of continuing to give a good contribution to the meetings.

And so, only two persons were left.
Aaron
(
strife220
) stared the grieved
Pharaoh
(
HackerHuck
). He had been weeping all night for the loss of his most beloved son. And Aaron knew the Pharaoh's heart would not steel again.

'Go away' he wailed.

Aaron nodded and walked away, leaving the disgraced king alone, embracing the dead body of his son in his arms. He gathered all the slaves, who could not believe they were free. Thousands of slaves left the decayed Egyptian city and its ill-fated inhabitants that miraculous day.

The Hebrews prayed, celebrated and thanked God for their freedom. Aaron was their leader, and he was content, for God's will had been fulfilled, and his brother's demise had not been in vain. Now the chosen people of God was heading to the Promised Land, where they would eventually find a well-deserved peace.

THE END

Last edited by undo on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:35 am

Post by undo »

Evolution of the Setup

If you are a curious person, you can see the various stages the setup went through here

ROLE PMs

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, hasdgfas.
You are
Moses
and your task is to persuade the Pharaoh to free your people, the Hebrew slaves. For that purpose, I, the all-mighty
G
Mod, will use you to strike the lands of Egypt with the most devastating plagues.
Each night and each day (depending on the case), you may choose to use one of the following plagues:

[mrow]Nr.[col]Name[col]Effect[col]Used during 1[col]Water turned to blood[col]Kills 1 random fish-eater townie the next night[col]Night2[col]Frogs[col]Roleblocks the town the next night[col]Day 3[col]Lice[col]The role/alignment of the player lynched the day the plague is used is not revealed[col]Day 4[col]Wild animals[col]Kills 1 townie at choice; his role/alignment are not revealed to town at daybreak (but are revealed privately to you)[col]Night 5[col]Pestilence[col]Kills 2 specific townies[col]Night 6[col]Unhealable boils[col]Kills 1 townie at choice and roleblocks another one at choice[col]Night 7[col]Fiery hail[col]Kills 1 random townie; his role/alignment are not revealed to town at daybreak (but are revealed privately to you)[col]Night 8[col]Locusts[col]Kills 1 random cereal-eater townie the next night[col]Night 9[col]Darkness[col]Starts next night phase[col]Day 10[col]Death of the first-borns[col]Kills 1 specific townie and affects another one[col]Night

Once you use one plague, you won't be able to use it again, so choose carefully.

Do not be afraid to use them, though. Trust me, but more importantly, trust yourself. If you do as I have told you, you will be able to free our people and punish the Pharaoh’s prepotency.

Your brother, Aaron, will help you. He will be your spokesman and, should anything happen to you, I will pass the power of unleashing plagues on to him. You can talk to him privately during night phases.

You will win the game if you and/or your brother Aaron survive to the end.

A little side note: if you ever need to fake your identity, you should say your name is Nkozi and that you are a scribe, a merchant, an architect, or a jeweller. You may also mention you eat cereals. Refer to the publicly known Townie PM to forge a convincing fakeclaim. (Naturally, you can choose to claim any other thing you want)

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, strife220/Mr Stoofer.

You are
Aaron
, brother of Moses (hasdgfas). You are a slave and you work for the Egyptians, just like all your Hebrew peers. However, Moses was able to escape to the mountains and avoid a life of hard work. Now he has returned, and he says God, the only Lord of all Hebrews, has spoken to him. He says God has sent him to convince the Pharaoh to free the Hebrew slaves, and will use him to unleash the most deadly plagues over Egypt. And he says God has told him that you, Aaron, should be his spokesman to the people.

You will do as God commanded, and you will help your brother Moses in his task to perform the godly plagues and to persuade the Pharaoh to release your peers. For this purpose, you can talk to him privately during night phases.

Let's hope Moses doesn't die, but should that day come, God will pass the power of unleashing plagues on to you.

You will win the game if you and/or your brother Moses survive to the end.

A little side note: if you ever need to fake your identity, you should say your name is Sudi and that you are a scribe, a merchant, an architect, or a jeweller. You may also mention you eat fish. Refer to the publicly known Townie PM to forge a convincing fakeclaim. (Naturally, you can choose to claim any other thing you want)

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, HackerHuck.

You are the mighty and divine
Pharaoh, governor of Egypt
. You are the incarnation of Horus on the land of mortals, and you are the protector of all your subjects. Except for the thousands of Hebrew slaves you use to construct your greatness, of course.

Now it seems that Moses, your missing Hebrew foster-brother, has returned to persuade you to free the slaves. Naturally, you laughed, and then you refused, but then he said his Lord would give him the power to threaten the Egypt with the most deadly plagues... You'd better make sure your hundreds of gods are more worthy than his only one!

Anyway, to avoid more desperate diseases (literally!), you have decided to summon representatives of every social layer and professional activity to daily meetings, where all together will try to decide the best course of action.

Of course, as the ruler of all Egypt, you have decision power over the outcome of the meetings. Therefore, right after someone has collected all necessary votes to be lynched (that is, within the commonly called 'twilight' period), you will send a message to the moderator, stating if you want that lynch to happen or not.

Also, during lunchtime, your servants will prepare you a feast of fish, cereal and figs. You must eat several types of food in order to keep mentally and physically sane.

You will win this game when all menaces to the integrity of Egypt have been wiped out.
Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, stark/springlullaby/Pyrodwarf.

You are Akil, a skilful
Spy
. The Pharaoh has entrusted you the mission of trying to find out who are in fact the most dangerous Hebrews, those who are now threatening to destroy the whole kingdom of Egypt.

Each night, you may choose a person to spy, sending a message to the moderator with the name of that person. You will then know if he/she went out into the cold streets that night and who did he/she paid a visit to.

During daytime, you will attend the Pharaoh's meetings to participate in the discussion and cast a vote on who, in your opinion, is against the Egyptians and should not be alive.

Also, you usually eat cereals at lunch.

You will win this game when all menaces to the integrity of Egypt have been wiped out.

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, Musher333.

You are Kamuzu, the royal palace
Physician
. Now that the Hebrews are threatening to attack the people of Egypt, the Pharaoh has entrusted you the mission of protect it using your experience and medicine.

Each night, you may choose a person to protect, sending a message to the moderator with the name of that person. Should that person be targeted by a curable disaster, he/she will not die thanks to your assistance.

During daytime, you will attend the Pharaoh's meetings to participate in the discussion and cast a vote on who, in your opinion, is against the Egyptians and should not be alive.

Also, you usually eat fish at lunch.

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, Singing Librarian.

You are Mosi, son of Habibah (lord_hur). Your father has died when you were young, and since you were a little child, you have worked hard to help and look after your mother, Habibah. In return, your mother has educated you with all her wisdom and all her love.

You two are effectively very close. And now that you've heard there are some Hebrews threatening the Egyptians, you have sworn that you would protect each other until death, as
you know your mother is innocent, and your mother knows you are innocent

During daytime, you two will attend the Pharaoh's meetings to participate in the discussion and cast a vote on who, in your opinion, is against the Egyptians and should not be alive.

During the night, while returning to your home, you may send messages to each other and talk about everything you want.

Also, you usually eat figs at lunch.

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, lord_hur.

You are Habibah, mother of Mosi (Singing Librarian). Your husband has died when Mosi was still a little child, and since then, he works hard to look after you. He has never let you down. He is the most precious son, and you could not love him more.

You two are effectively very close. And now that you've heard there are some Hebrews threatening the Egyptians, you have sworn that you would protect each other until death, as
you know your son is innocent, and your son knows you are innocent

During daytime, you two will attend the Pharaoh's meetings to participate in the discussion and cast a vote on who, in your opinion, is against the Egyptians and should not be alive.

During the night, while returning to your home, you may send messages to each other and talk about everything you want.

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, Guardian.

You are Salih, an artisan. You are a simple
townie
, with no special abilities.

You have heard that there are some Hebrews on the loose threatening to attack the Egyptian people. This is bad news for a common Egyptian, but for you, it's even worse! The fact is that you are of Hebrew origin, so if you are caught by the Egyptians, they will kill you for being a Hebrew, and if you are caught by the Hebrews, they will kill you for taking the side of Egypt!

It would be much better if you could just get out of the town and disappear for good, but unfortunately, you have been chosen to be the representative of artisans in the daily meetings the Pharaoh has organised to fight the menace.

Therefore, during daytime, you will attend the Pharaoh's meetings to participate in the discussion and cast a vote on who, in your opinion, is against the Egyptians and should not be alive.

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, SlySly.

You are Thabit, a livestock farmer. You are a simple
townie

You have heard that there are some Hebrews on the loose threatening to attack the Egyptian people, and you have been chosen to be the representative of livestock farmers in the daily meetings the Pharaoh has organised to fight the menace.

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, strife220/thevampireofdusseldorf.

You are Nizsm, a shepherd. You are a simple
townie

You have heard that there are some Hebrews on the loose threatening to attack the Egyptian people, and you have been chosen to be the representative of shepherds in the daily meetings the Pharaoh has organised to fight the menace.

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, kabenon007.

You are Usi, a priest of Ra. You are a simple
townie

You have heard that there are some Hebrews on the loose threatening to attack the Egyptian people, and you have been chosen to be the representative of priests in the daily meetings the Pharaoh has organised to fight the menace.

Also, you usually eat fish at lunch.

Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, Lawrencelot/SeraphicMirth/Shin Hatsubai.

You are Tsekani, a barley farmer. You are a simple
townie

You have heard that there are some Hebrews on the loose threatening to attack the Egyptian people, and you have been chosen to be the representative of farmers in the daily meetings the Pharaoh has organised to fight the menace.

Also, you usually eat cereals at lunch.

Last edited by undo on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:36 am

Post by undo »

MY COMMENTARY

I think this was a very difficult game both for scum and for town, as most of the plays were purely based on luck and it allowed for very few mistakes.

It was difficult for scum, because they didn't know much about the full effect of the plagues, some of which were random, and they couldn't choose who to kill every night.

It was difficult for town, because some of the dead players' roles were not revealed, and they had to deal with the uncommon and unknown plagues (rather than regular night deaths).

However, I think both sides did a remarkable job, although committing some mistakes. Eventually the scum side was the most fortunate, but that wasn't clear until the very end of the game, and I guess that's positive.

Stark was right. I never thought that someone would do a research on Egyptian names and break the names "code". I admit I was ingenuous, and I am sorry for that.

The town thought they would win easily for having broken the "code". So what went wrong? Answer: there was no code. When I looked for Egyptian names, after setting the roles up, I noticed that some of them had a meaning that would fit the roles I was using. So I decided to use those in some of the roles, informally. That means I didn't worry to match names and jobs for all roles, as names were supposed to be nothing more than flavour. I didn't find any fitting name for Lawrencelot's role (barley farmer), so I've just picked a random one.

Overall, and forgetting the replacement issues which are always present, I think this was a good game. I apologise for some negligence now and then, and again for the careless role-name picking. I hope you've enjoyed the game and am looking forward to hearing your comments.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

First of all, I must thank Ether one thousand times for her willingness and patience in reviewing my setup. Without her vital help, this game would be even more ill-balanced than the Illustrated Mafia, or more probably, it would have never come out. So thank you very very much again, Ether.

Thanks Iammars, too. He also gave me some tips on the setup but, unfortunately, he left mafiascum and I could not develop his suggestions.

Last but not the least, thank you so much, players, and especially replacements, for never quitting your enthusiasm, despite all the issues and problems, and for having constructed this game with me. Thank you!
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:47 am

Post by strife220 »

Woo, both a win and a loss for me.

When I got the PM with all the plagues, I finally realized how awesome the set-up was. Very cool concept.

I'm not positive how I won. The first-born plague stopped Hur from being able to vote, making the end game effectively me vs huck for voting, thus a scum win?
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:53 am

Post by undo »

strife220 wrote:
When I got the PM with all the plagues, I finally realized how awesome the set-up was. Very cool concept.
Thank you very much.
I'm not positive how I won. The first-born plague stopped Hur from being able to vote, making the end game effectively me vs huck for voting, thus a scum win?
That's right. It was impossible for town to lynch you, so you won (as scum :P).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”