2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:31 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Thanks for fixing…now I won’t have to draft Justin Tucker in the first :P
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not convinced that guy is best kicker in nfl.

By the way who is Uncle Joey?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:58 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 174, PokerFace wrote:I might not be in the division you outlined. my schedule has me playing circle the wagons, give tebow a chance, and mongolian khans twice. (Caboose, ????, Khan)

Who owns what team? I have no idea who owns give Tebow a chance
I believe divisions are going to not exist so it will not matter.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:03 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I think we only decided on axing divisions for 10-team leagues. Pretty sure they’re being retained for L1 since we have 12.

(profile pic by datisi)
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:43 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 165, Nero Cain wrote:ranged scoring for kickers narrowly wins with 9 votes to 8
:toot:

I hope people enjoy this, it's unlikely to be much more than a feel-good novelty but now whoever drafts that Bengals kicker can enjoy extra points from all the 70-yard field goals he kicks
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:03 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Or Greg the Leg! Or whoever the Broncos have since their stadium is great for kicking…is it still McManus?

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:16 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 179, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 165, Nero Cain wrote:ranged scoring for kickers narrowly wins with 9 votes to 8

I hope people enjoy this, it's unlikely to be much more than a feel-good novelty but now whoever drafts that Bengals kicker can enjoy extra points from all the 70-yard field goals he kicks
i can't wait for everyone who voted for that to lose an important game by a fifth of a point because the opposing kicker is hits a field goal 2 yards too far
Last edited by PJ. on Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:29 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 166, Nero Cain wrote:I sorta feel like this is a step in the wrong direction. Like we are all going to be starting 3 RBs and prob have a good 2 or 3 backups. That RB pool is gonna be thin. Even when we were starting 2 RBs with injuries and covid it felt very thin.
If the RB pool is so thin then people will turn to WRs, no? Especially with the PPR added
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:31 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 181, PJ. wrote:

i can't wait for everyone who voted for that to
lose
win an important game by a fifth of a point because
the opposing kicker
LEGATRON hits a field goal 2 yards to far
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 180, D3f3nd3r wrote:Or whoever the Broncos have since their stadium is great for kicking…is it still McManus?
I believe so!
In post 181, PJ. wrote:

i can't wait for everyone who voted for that to lose an important game by a fifth of a point because the opposing kicker is hits a field goal 2 yards to far
I am fully anticipating that this will happen to me at least once.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 176, PokerFace wrote:I am not convinced that guy is best kicker in nfl.

That’s me, Circle the Wagons
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r wrote:I think we only decided on axing divisions for 10-team leagues. Pretty sure they’re being retained for L1 since we have 12.
I believe D3 is correct. 12 teams having 3 divisions of 4 is good so that everyone plays everyone and gets more games in their divisions. If 10 teams occurs I voted that divisions were kinda bad from perspective of 6 teams of 10 in playoffs is dumb. 6 of 12 making is okay since 7 of 16 make it in nfl but over half does not seem right. Kinda feels like regular season does not matter as much as it should. And I think that discussion is why that was on the ballot.

How many teams are in league 2 anyway? If they have more than 10 they could probably keep divisions

@Nero
could you please update the first post to list divisions and teams with owners info?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 185, Groose Caboose wrote:
In post 176, PokerFace wrote:I am not convinced that guy is best kicker in nfl.

That’s me, Circle the Wagons
Ahh ok. Happy scum day. Is Nero "Give Tebow a chance"? So our division has 3 players that fought it out in League 2 last year? I guess I am fine with that if everyone else is. Cool way to preserve rivalries lol

Kubla Khan is obviously Mongolian khans. I am fine with him being in division instead of Tali if that is happening. Either one should be fun to play with.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

tebow does deserve a chance, yes.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 175, D3f3nd3r wrote:Thanks for fixing…now I won’t have to draft Justin Tucker in the first :P
the bucs drafted a kicker in the first round and it was the best thing they've ever done
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

L2 has 12.
In post 163, Nero Cain wrote:
I think it's weird that I can change the divisions but they don't show up on the main page but on the schedule editor I can see them. Maybe the new season has to begin for them to be on the front page.

but right now

peg, panzer, d3 and reck are in the DoD

voodoo is kila, racefan, yiley, kk

miths envy is me, poker, uncle joey and tali
I still have to manually edit the schedule so that's why it looks a bit funky right now

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 182, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 166, Nero Cain wrote:I sorta feel like this is a step in the wrong direction. Like we are all going to be starting 3 RBs and prob have a good 2 or 3 backups. That RB pool is gonna be thin. Even when we were starting 2 RBs with injuries and covid it felt very thin.
If the RB pool is so thin then people will turn to WRs, no? Especially with the PPR added
Well yes but more times than not I think an RB might score higher than a WR or TE so it just becomes who has the better/healthy RBs but we'll see how things go.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:52 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 191, Nero Cain wrote:Well yes but more times than not I think an RB might score higher than a WR or TE so it just becomes who has the better/healthy RBs but we'll see how things go.
This is literally just fantasy football. Best ability is availability.

(BTW in half ppr, rb/wr scoring evens out at about 10 in half ppr and actually massively goes the other direction by 20)
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:06 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 192, PJ. wrote:
In post 191, Nero Cain wrote:Well yes but more times than not I think an RB might score higher than a WR or TE so it just becomes who has the better/healthy RBs but we'll see how things go.

(BTW in half ppr, rb/wr scoring evens out at about 10 in half ppr and actually massively goes the other direction by 20)
^^ This, also why I love ppr because rbs are so injury prone. RBs will always be important anyways but without PPR it just feels like the RB lottery (mixon > godwin last year??)
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:19 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 193, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 192, PJ. wrote:

^^ This, also why I love ppr because rbs are so injury prone. RBs will always be important anyways but without PPR it just feels like the RB lottery (mixon > godwin last year??)
*2019 covid erased my memory
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:42 am

Post by PJ. »

Even in standard it evens out by 20, which is ~the starters line before a 3rd wr or a flex. The biggest benefit of ppr is evening out the top end vs standard. Top rb outscored the top 3 rbs in half ppr were 336, 324, and 316. WRs were 301, 285, 265.

In standard it's 314, 294,294 vs 243, 241, and 202

This is liie..literally why I don't understand why you'd not want ppr but complain about the rb pool being too thin in a flex league.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:05 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Just go RB/RB in the first two rounds and don’t worry about it

(Or alternatively please don’t because I don’t want to have to go WR/WR when there are no good RBs at the turn)

(profile pic by datisi)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 190, Nero Cain wrote:L2 has 12
We have 13
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:27 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 196, D3f3nd3r wrote:Just go RB/RB in the first two rounds and don’t worry about it

(Or alternatively please don’t because I don’t want to have to go WR/WR when there are no good RBs at the turn)
Terrible advice. Only way to win nowadays is grabbing the best K and D/ST in the first 2 rounds
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:Even in standard it evens out by 20, which is ~the starters line before a 3rd wr or a flex. The biggest benefit of ppr is evening out the top end vs standard. Top rb outscored the top 3 rbs in half ppr were 336, 324, and 316. WRs were 301, 285, 265.

In standard it's 314, 294,294 vs 243, 241, and 202

This is like..literally why I don't understand why you'd not want ppr but complain about the rb pool being too thin in a flex league.
I didn't realize it was that different. I will change my vote next season if you are right. Probably too late to change now

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”