wavelength! [join anytime!]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:03 am

Post by gelsomina »

/in (to join xalxe and sirius9121 on a team, i believe)

our team could be named 'eight and a xalxe' if that is okay with xalxe unless someone has a better team name idea (or unless i am unwanted)
i do not know for what this pebble is useful but it must be useful. for if it is useless, everything is useless. so are the stars!
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:17 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 10, Datisi wrote:
gelsomnia
i do not know for what this pebble is useful but it must be useful. for if it is useless, everything is useless. so are the stars!
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:23 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 10, Datisi wrote:
A massage from a newly-licensed masseuse
going to think of this as the expected impression if it was a scene in a television show as opposed to for myself

so massage puts us firmly to the relaxing side of 50 but newly-licensed seems meant to keep us from going too much further than that - first instinct is 35-40

pedit: nono it is okay i noticed you fixed the first one but left the second that's the only reason i went to find the gif
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by gelsomina »

guess: 33
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 23, Menalque wrote:"ermine rainfall"
!!! fairly evocative way of saying snowfall
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:07 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 29, Menalque wrote:
previously on wavelength...
happy to be on northsidegal's team this time around
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 46, Xalxe wrote:Sorry I didn't realize it was our team's clue but I definitely agree with where you put it!
it has just become our clue; the other team guessed 90 and we have to decide if we think the number that was clued for is more likely to be to the right (91-100) or the left (1-89) of 90
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by gelsomina »

so if we guess right that means we think the number is 93+ because 90 is still in the 4 point range of 92
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by gelsomina »

so is it 93-98 or <88 hm

if trying to clue for 93+ is there something more specifically confusing to clue or would phd-level maths be full meter
In post 40, Farren wrote:That could hold true for just about any PhD-level subject, and she chose math specifically,
this is interesting in that a phd-level understanding of mathematics is more common and probably 'simpler' than a phd-level understanding of most of the applied mathematics, but when applied to a 0-100 simple-confusing scale is that difference even more than a point or two at most? like phd-level maths is x and phd-level physics and astronomy is x+1 so i do not think considering other phd fields is our best way to determine distance from 100
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #51 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 50, angela wrote:
In post 49, gelsomina wrote:if trying to clue for 93+ is there something more specifically confusing to clue or would phd-level maths be full meter
and what would trying to clue for 85 look like
sigh. first time i have alt-slipped in a long time. had been doing so so well after the rockiest of starts. sorry.
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #54 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:01 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 53, Iconeum wrote:it's not about tough

it's about confusing
the definition of confusing that would be paired opposite to simple is 'not easy to understand' which is what we mean when we say tough or hard or difficult

but also as you are not on our team you may be aware of this and trying to mislead us/distract us by encouraging us to think about unnecessary things

and also you are not aware of whether the correct answer is right or left so there isn't much for us to gain by figuring out your intentions here either
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #55 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:07 am

Post by gelsomina »

i think i am probably leaning right as well while still thinking about this:
In post 50, angela wrote:
In post 49, gelsomina wrote:if trying to clue for 93+ is there something more specifically confusing to clue or would phd-level maths be full meter
and what would trying to clue for 85 look like
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #57 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 56, Datisi wrote:reminder that you have less than 24 hours left to lock in a left/right guess
in about 13 hours i will have to lock in a guess if not before as i am unsure as to whether or not i will be available to do so after that but still before the deadline; hoping that northsidegal and sirius are able to weigh in before then
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #61 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:41 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 59, Iconeum wrote:
In post 54, gelsomina wrote:
In post 53, Iconeum wrote:it's not about tough

it's about confusing
the definition of confusing that would be paired opposite to simple is 'not easy to understand' which is what we mean when we say tough or hard or difficult

but also as you are not on our team you may be aware of this and trying to mislead us/distract us by encouraging us to think about unnecessary things

and also you are not aware of whether the correct answer is right or left so there isn't much for us to gain by figuring out your intentions here either
That's a lot of text just to tell me to shut it :lol:
it was difficult for me to determine whether you thought we were thinking about the prompt incorrectly (words can mean so very many things; i generally find communication much more confusing than maths but i do not have anywhere near a phd-level understanding of maths either) or whether you were attempting to lead us away from the correct answer but as i began thinking about this i realized that you do not in fact know the correct answer so figuring out your intentions could not lead us to knowing if we should guess left or right

i do not mind if you post during our turn of course but those posts cannot be taken at face value
In post 58, Sirius9121 wrote:i think its left purely because uhh
yeah
my instincts tell me left because [instincts]
i am going to guess right, as two of us felt it was more likely, but this isn't to say that i trust my instincts over yours, quite the opposite really based on my track record with regards to non-pop culture related prompts

guess: right
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #72 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:35 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 70, Datisi wrote:
seeing your wife and your best friend messing around on the couch
while i do not have lived experience of something comparable (nor do i view things identically to the implied me), i have been thinking about this for awhile and i recently read annie ernaux's l'occupation,

and but so it is like, i assume we are meant to be on the painful side of 50 from how this is presented, and it is easy to understand how one finds oneself as two of the three people; i assume the implied me would think highly of my wife, so it would make sense that my best friend would also think highly of her, and i assume the implied me would think highly of my best friend, so it would make sense that my wife would think highly of her, and they would know eachother and so forth but how did i come to be seeing this? it seems likely that one if not both of them would have had to have arranged it so i would see this or at least did not arrange it so that i would not and since i assume i am meant to be pained by this by the presentation here and i assume both my wife and best friend would be aware that i would be pained by this then maybe it is more painful than it otherwise would be, hm, but maybe this would be easier for my wife and/or my best friend than trying to talk to me, and it isn't as though this is unhealable pain and it isn't as though either of them would not hold my hand were i experiencing unhealable pain,

mm i very much do not like trying to quantify painful

like i think this situation could lead to a consuming pain but it does not have to and so so much is painful that maybe the only really painful part of this is that they potentially wanted to hurt me
Last edited by gelsomina on Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #75 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 73, northsidegal wrote:the thing is, i personally if i got a really high "painful" would probably have gone for something physical?
i think maybe it is more likely sirius was thinking of the scale wholly in terms of emotional pain as it seems impossible to try to weight emotional vs physical pain, or maybe that is just how it seems to me as i am struggling to even try to weight different instances of emotional pain, maybe i just defer on this one
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #83 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 82, northsidegal wrote:anyways team are you guys fine with locking in 80?
i am okay with this
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #118 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:06 am

Post by gelsomina »

there are more numbers within the set to the right of 30 than to the left so i am okay with right. clues for which 'never' could be argued to be either 0 or 100 seem questionable. like if it is never worth something, then it is worth something for 0 days, very short term: 0. but even as a forever amount of time passes it remains worth nothing, very long term: 100.
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #155 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:24 am

Post by gelsomina »

hm, i was much more worried about leading everyone to guess too high than too low; here's what i sent datisi along with the clue:

my first thought was a country but this would be a lot easier if the number was ~95 and i could just say 'united states' as opposed to trying to think of a 62% war-like country; then i tried to think of historical and fictional civilizations that might be a better clue; then i slept; then i tried to think of it as like, peaceful vs agressive elements of a song? but without being able to relisten i wasn't confident enough in any of them actually being 40/60 as opposed to just seeming that way in my head and also it might cause confusion in trying to apply the scale to a song, and then i tried to think about businesses that have both civilian and military contracts, i assume raytheon and lockheed would be 90ish and google might be guessed too low so boeing seems like my best bet for the clue though i have no idea on actual revenue percentage or anything and i worry that my teammates may think of these businesses in the same way i do - that they are 100% war-like for profiting from any defense contracts - but i also have not thought of a better clue, so
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #169 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:50 am

Post by gelsomina »

fairly confident with guessing right here

like there are a lot of possible reasons one might have a streak of annual physical exams and there's nothing here to indicate that the reasoning behind the previous ones has changed so this feels in the 70-80 range to me

could be mandatory for occupation/academy/athletics (though would likely be on the 3 weeks to a month side as opposed to annual if the latter two)
could be checking for something specific due to family history or whatever other reason
could be for peace of mind
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #175 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:06 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 174, Xalxe wrote:Obviously very right, specifying "hundreds of millions" is an interesting choice, thoughts?
the 'hundreds of millions' part is probably to prevent us (read: me) from going 'well could be a scratchoff i guess' or something along those lines

is best guess for coverage 94? it seems like it would be, but maybe 96 to be safe,
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #179 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 178, inutile wrote:so guessing 96 always covers the very highest end of the scale
so if this does not net us 4 points, if say, the intended number is 92, then the opponents always get the point as there is only left to guess,
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #181 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by gelsomina »

it seems more likely that the intended target is 98 than 92 to me, 93 and 98 seem evenish to me though? so maybe between 95 and 96 as best guess to me
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #185 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:07 am

Post by gelsomina »

it is hard to imagine the intended target being lower than 90 here, thus making 92 the lowest guess that seems okay to me

probably 95, 94/96, 93, 92

would be my order of preference

(trying to maximize 4 point odds here due to point situation but please keep in mind that i am not good at this game so if anything doesn’t make sense to you just ignore it/me)
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #193 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:08 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 192, GuiltyLion wrote:spot on, you love to see it!! great clue northsidegal!
^^^
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #208 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by gelsomina »

i am feeling right; have more words if necessary due to anyone disagreeing, but otherwise, right yeah
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #220 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:12 am

Post by gelsomina »

is this the last round for each team?
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #230 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:29 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 222, Datisi wrote:and the clue that your psychic, GuiltyLion, provided is:
revving a vespa engine
from research this seems to be somewhat louder than i expected it to be, and guiltylion is likely far more familiar with vespas than i am due to providing it as a clue, so if you (teammates) are also not particularly familiar i think maybe first impression +5? (70? maybe)

though i am unsure if adjusting the first impressions of others slightly based on me finding the vespa engine revving to be louder than i expected it to be is a reasonable way of determining where this should fall on the scale
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #233 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:20 am

Post by gelsomina »

will be around leading up to deadline, would probably submit 67 right now if left up to me but anyone else is welcome to submit whatever; upon reevaluation of my previous post (or rather mostly when remembering the time i insisted going to see fireworks live would both be okay and a good idea {it was neither} because i like the way they look) i think maybe the adjustment i should have been making was to the scale as applied to me not to the guesses of others
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #234 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by gelsomina »

while i would likely be able to return slightly before the deadline, if i am unable to we may go without a submission, so i think the +/- falls on the side of me submitting now

guess: 65
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #268 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:16 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 267, Datisi wrote:
In post 0, Datisi wrote:~ you may not use google/other search engines or any outside resources when giving a clue.
that's only for the psychic (the one giving the clue) though right? otherwise, i cheated by listening to someone revving a vespa on youtube last round
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #270 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:35 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 269, Datisi wrote:that is just for the psychic, the guessers are allowed to use google.
okay, that is what i thought. thankyou!
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #274 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by gelsomina »

i am assuming morning tweet is giving this clue as if she is the one who would be solving a few random questions from an american public school seventh grade algebra test in which case leftleftleft yeah?
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #275 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by gelsomina »

yeah, pretty sure we are looking for far left; here are some random algebra questions from an end of seventh grade test:
  • 12. simplify the expressions

a. 7s + 2 + 8s - 12
    b. x · 5 · x · x · x
    c. 3(a + b - 2)
    d. 0.02x + x
    e. 1/3(6w - 12)
    f. -1.3a + 0.5 - 2.6a

13. factor the expressions (write them as multiplications)

a. 7x + 14
    b. 15 - 5y
    c. 21a + 24b - 9

14. solve the equations

a. 2x - 7 = -6
    b. 2 - 9 = -z + 4
    c. 120 = c/-10
    d. 2(x + 1/2) = -15
    e. (2/3)x = 266
    f. x + 1.5 = 3/8

15. chris can run at a constant speed of 12 km/h. how long will it take him to run from his home to the park, a distance of 0.8 km?

17. the perimeter of a rectangle is 254 cm. its length is 55 cm. represent the width of the rectangle with a variable and write an equation to solve for the width. then solve your equation.
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #278 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:17 am

Post by gelsomina »

to alleviate some of the downtime for the team that is not active at any given time we could adjust the psychic to be like

both teams send a psychic for the same spectrum, each with their own number they are cluing for, they send clues to datisi

then datisi presents both clues without any indication as to which is which, as well as the wavelength spectrum

and then each team has to figure out which clue they believe was given by their teammate and where to place it on the spectrum

and then we can also eliminate the left/right and just give the point each round to whichever team was closest
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #279 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:31 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 278, gelsomina wrote:just give the point each round to whichever team was closest
actually i think maintaining the 1-4 point spectrum is best, but would still eliminate the left/right portion altogether
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #281 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by gelsomina »

i think it is okay for sirius to lock in left at will; xalxe probably correct in that it is not extreme (< 10) due to being specified as seventh grade as opposed to earlier but that probably moves it from 5 to 15 or maybe(?) even 25 as sirius suggested but the questions themselves seem too trivial for the intended target to possibly be to the right of 40
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #282 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:59 am

Post by gelsomina »

i guess i will submit
guess: left

if i am allowed to?
due to deadline
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #289 (isolation #38) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:27 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 287, Menalque wrote:I feel so cursed in wavelength lmao
In post 288, Menalque wrote:as in I enjoy it, but I absolutely suck at it most of the time
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #293 (isolation #39) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:08 am

Post by gelsomina »

so step one seems to be to determine where

a fly

would be on the spectrum

and step two would then be to adjust it to be

a fly that does not stop flying and cannot be grasped

which is basically to say

how much harder to kill does a fly become if you need to buy one of those bugzapper things in order to kill it
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #294 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:16 am

Post by gelsomina »

okay so

100 would be like, a rock
90 would be like water bears
80 would be like cockroaches (a single cockroach would probably be much lower, but cockroaches as a collective are like, known for surviving)
70 would be xenomorphs
60 would be something mobile that was also dangerous to you as cannot kill if dead
50 would be like something mobile and difficult to kill but not a threat to you
40 would be something immobile but large effort
30 this probably about where the fly would go
20 would be like a snail that is cute so the difficulty would be in never wanting to (though i guess for me that would apply to the entirety of the list so perhaps this is a bad example)
10 would be like mosquito
0 would be like something with extremely short lifespan
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #295 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:18 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 294, gelsomina wrote:30 this probably about where the fly would go
so now how much to adjust based on the effort required to acquire a bugzapper thing
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #296 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:19 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 295, gelsomina wrote:so now how much to adjust based on the effort required to acquire a bugzapper thing
well actually how do we keep the specific fly located while acquiring the bugzapper
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #299 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:21 am

Post by gelsomina »

i think 40 feels good-ish to me; i was starting to think about whether trapping the fly by any means would be considered 'grasping' it in order to be able to keep trap of it for long enough for a bugzapper to be shipped and looking into how long that might take and if that would be considered grasping it other means of keeping track of a fly when i realized i should probably take a few small steps back
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #301 (isolation #44) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by gelsomina »

guess: 39
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #324 (isolation #45) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:52 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 323, GeorgeBailey wrote:/in team with lowest players
our hero!! okay first you need to convince the other team that billiards is in fact a 0 skill pure luck game because they are two points ahead of us and it is their turn so even though we now have an extra round because you have come to save us, if they secure a 4 here they are still out of range for us even with an extra round
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #325 (isolation #46) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:57 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 324, gelsomina wrote:our hero!! okay first you need to convince the other team that billiards is in fact a 0 skill pure luck game because they are two points ahead of us and it is their turn so even though we now have an extra round because you have come to save us, if they secure a 4 here they are still out of range for us even with an extra round
be sneaky though? maybe edit your last post to say '/in' instead of '/in team with lowest players' and from there convince our opponents that you have joined their team instead?
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #334 (isolation #47) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by gelsomina »

good work george! our opponent's did not secure a 4, likely due to your influence!

now, hm,

even who goes first/second seems to be determined by a test of skill, there really aren't any non-skill elements in the game it seems, and the same players consistently win even at the very highest levels, as you can see by the results of the billiards world championship, so there doesn't seem to be outside 'conditions based' elements of luck either,
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #335 (isolation #48) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by gelsomina »

yeah this seems like a right to me,
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #337 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:31 am

Post by gelsomina »

guess: right
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #349 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 338, Morning Tweet wrote:billiards is definitely a luck-based game when im playing
i mean, if the game was luck-based rather than your performance you would expect to do just as well as anyone else in the world
In post 348, Datisi wrote:PookyTheMagicalBear joins ermine rainfall!
all joiners are eight and a xalxe in spirit
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #352 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by gelsomina »

now, hm,

i think in theory a roast is generally meant to be comedy to all but the roasted, and to the roasted it could be a tragedy,

but, a) this type of humor does not seem all that funny to me, and, b) the roasted also seems to generally be in on it

georgebailey missed a wonderful opportunity to give a shakespeare clue here
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #355 (isolation #52) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 351, Morning Tweet wrote:i think in a 100 skill game there'd be no random chance at all of doing good or randomly being bad which is still me playing it though
sure, but even chess isn't a 100 from the perspective of those competing only from the outside would it be a 100,

and also there really isn't any reasonable chance of you doing extremely well at billiards, not anymore than you being 'lucky' enough to win an olympic event, at least from what i could tell of billiards, and a gold medal is probably cooler to have than a billiards world championship

but also, you scored points and we did not and i continue to be pure negative ev

so!
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #356 (isolation #53) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 354, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:all good tragedies are comedies of the heart
this is probably how we got beckett scene with the hats
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #358 (isolation #54) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 357, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:should I watch beckett?
the beckett on film adaptations are pretty okay, especially 'play'

gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #359 (isolation #55) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by gelsomina »

not that play is a particularly good beckett play or even play in general but it is the one that gains the most from the way it is adapted to film here

if you haven't read/seen godot that is probably the one i should be recommending, or endgame

i think the three prose works outweigh the plays to me, because what feels most relatable and even useful to me about beckett, and possibly this is universal, is when it is apparent how useless words can be

but you possibly were not looking for a book recommendation (you may have even been asking about the recently released film 'beckett' if unaware of the hats scene i was referring to, which i have not seen)
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #360 (isolation #56) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 359, gelsomina wrote:the three prose works
molloy, malone dies, the unnamable
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #361 (isolation #57) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 360, gelsomina wrote:the unnamable
maybe mostly only for this

but!

i would recommend together
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #362 (isolation #58) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by gelsomina »

or not, hm, maybe it is better on its own in all contexts except for if trying to create a throughline
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #378 (isolation #59) » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 370, GuiltyLion wrote:Legally Blonde
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #390 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:29 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 385, GeorgeBailey wrote:sorry team. I was thinking like, some people think they can handle roasts, but they really can't. and can get emotionally hurt, like I've seen some roastees cry during them. that can be tragic.
oh hm

i did not realize roasts were a thing that like non-famous signed up for thinking they could handle it; i just found a handful of roasts involving famous people who seemed like they were in on it in my cursory search
In post 389, GuiltyLion wrote:no worries at all it seems I have been the primary reason we are putting up these zeroes
oh we are the spidermen pointing from the meme but i would like to be spidergwen
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #401 (isolation #61) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by gelsomina »

right!
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #403 (isolation #62) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:54 am

Post by gelsomina »

In post 400, Datisi wrote:(expired on 2021-09-08 23:40:00)
hm
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #404 (isolation #63) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:55 am

Post by gelsomina »

right!
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #407 (isolation #64) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by gelsomina »

In post 406, GeorgeBailey wrote:My right or your right?
gelsomina
gelsomina
Ninja
gelsomina
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #410 (isolation #65) » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:22 am

Post by gelsomina »

thankyou for moderating

congratulations ermine rainfall
In post 408, Datisi wrote:i am interested in running this again soon, so if you'd like to play more, let me know.
i would like to play more (though perhaps i should train my psychic abilities in the meantime)

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”