Large Social Game Guidelines

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

I'm a little bit concerned about this, actually. I do think it's important to take people's preferences into account when it comes to this kind of thing, and here's why:

1) I feel like live reveals should be treated as more of a "fun moment to end the game with" thing, more of an "if" than a "when" if you don't mind. Yes, just because its tradition on MS to reveal everyone identities doesn't mean it's always going to happen. Maybe a bunch of people from off site decide to host a game on MS again or something, as an example.

1b) If the situation arises where it may become mandatory, then we're running the risk of people not asking for it by doing this.

2) What happens if a list mod is playing in the game and this discussion needs to happen? Isn't that unfair to some extent?

3) This is really assuming that everyone knows there's going to be a reveal. Frankly put that's never going to happen, because I sent out the most well thought out and detailed "Welcome to the game" PMs for players EVER and we still had a small handful of people confused on even the basics, let alone the fact that we do live reveals.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

If you're assuming someone is going to hide their ID after because they were being toxic then the mods need to check themselves because that's NOT a valid reason to hide someone's identity.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

In post 28, Malkon05 wrote:I'm not sure if this needs to be expressly stated or not, but are there going to be rules on how many people can make up a hydra at any given time? Is it 2 at most or is that host discretion? Not that we've had 3+ hydras, but the rules seem to only take pairs into account.
We had 3 hydras this year already.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”