Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2150, Momrangal wrote:Since when has me repping out been AI?
It’s not. You lurking out and not replacing might be but you lurking out and not posting on site for like five days is clearly just RL.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Yet it was never brought up like even once.

I was almost force replaced in pookys first dead silence game for the same reason.

I also don't intentionally lurk as scum and I'm actually pretty sure my posting volume is consistent as both alignments

(But I guess the same cant be said for the content of it but w/e)

As much as I hate rolling scim, I would never purposefully rep out unless mental health or other similar issues occur
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:32 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2149, mastina wrote:
In post 2147, Dwlee99 wrote:With t3 I was trying to get rid of the N3 tracker cause I knew it could end up screwing me over (which happened with the follower instead).
Well there were two N3 actions in my starting pack so the only way you could get rid of both was to kill me N1 or NDMath N2 as I had both the N3 follower and the n3 watcher. (My original plan was to take the N3 watcher, but when Norwee lived I changed to wanting the N3 follower to catch Norwee by role if nobody eliminated Norwee by play...and it was at that time I noticed the vengeful and was forced to pick it up.)
I didn't know what roles you had though.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:38 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 2150, Momrangal wrote:Since when has me repping out been AI?
Since you hate a red PM almost as much as Nora :P
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:40 pm

In fairness I don't do elitelling and I don't go hunting for other site activity. If you're not in the game you're not in the game :P
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by Momrangal »

You're not wrong about me hating red but I hate not putting effort to win a game even more, and I hate it when people rep out because they don't like their role and i never want to be that kind of person.

It was also the 4th of july weekend. I know ur Brit but you gotta know that, THAT is an American holiday for better or worse
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:11 pm

In post 2156, Momrangal wrote:You're not wrong about me hating red but I hate not putting effort to win a game even more, and I hate it when people rep out because they don't like their role and i never want to be that kind of person.

It was also the 4th of july weekend. I know ur Brit but you gotta know that, THAT is an American holiday for better or worse
You assume a lot :3 I hardly know our holidays :P
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:44 am

Post by House »

In post 2157, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 2156, Momrangal wrote:You're not wrong about me hating red but I hate not putting effort to win a game even more, and I hate it when people rep out because they don't like their role and i never want to be that kind of person.

You assume a lot :3 I hardly know our holidays :P
Yeah but, Independence Day is kind of a shared holiday between the US & Britain.

Sort of like how flipping someone the bird is a shared interaction between two people.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Bingle »

You shouldn’t flip birds, very few of them can fly inverted.

I didn’t bother arguing against the people arguing your rep out was AI, mom, because I didn’t care enough about the case to bother.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Mafia thread posted!

Thanks again for playing everyone, I hope I can run it again sometime with changes to level out the balance a bit
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by mastina »

Subject: Mini Theme 2222: Open Draft Mafia Mafia Thread
NorwegianboyEE wrote:What can you do when an player that is universially townread by literally everyone keeps voting you and hard scumreading you?
Absolutely nothing.

I think we just need to nightkill them and make it out as if it's an frame. That'll be easier than having to deal with this.
(Btw for the record--this is precisely why I play the way I do. I really really wanted to write an article explaining the methodology behind what amounts to strategic tunneling but never managed to figure out how to do so. The basic version is that this playstyle, in moderation, is beneficial to the town. If I tunnel onto a town player, it is likely that I will keep both that town player and myself alive. This wrong-tunnel can then be, at any day, at any moment, reversed from a wrong read into a correct read, and then the scum are punished for having left us both alive, like you pointed out. If the town player I tunneled on is nightkilled in spite of my tunnel, it's not as good but at least the tunnel ends. If the scum kill me in spite of me tunneling on town, lol I guess? I explicitly play to get nightkilled in every game I play so if I succeed, job done. And if I tunnel on scum then this is precisely the mindset they will be in. Where there's nothing they can do except nightkill me. Done smartly, done right, done intelligently, strategically, and in moderation, it is win-win-win-win no matter which of the four outcomes happens. The only time this can backfire is if I tunnel, live to lylo, and the player I am tunneled on also lives to lylo and is town and I
don't
back out of the tunnel...but that almost never happens. Or I suppose I tunnel on scum, but wrongly back out of the tunnel. That rarely happens but it has happened before.

I realize tunnels are insanely frustrating if you are the player tunneled on, especially if the tunnel is wrong. I realize the strategy can potentially distract the town from more accurate reads if it is entirely wrong. Which is why you don't see me tunnel literally every game. I only do so when I think the reward is worth the risk. It is a tool, just like any other tool in mafia games; the way you present your read and the strength of confidence you have in your read is no exception to this. Showing absolute conviction in a scumread, a tunnel, is a tool, with a time and place to be used. I can get good mileage out of this tool, but I am aware of the drawbacks and I am aware it isn't ideal every game.)

Subject: Mini Theme 2222: Open Draft Mafia Mafia Thread
NorwegianboyEE wrote:They are not asking other people to vote me or challenging them on their reads, they are just writing the points and doing nothing else about it. Excepting people to reach the conclusion that i am scum themselves.
You can't play town and not be proactive. That just ends up in the game becoming a dead husk like we're seeing here.
Actually, making people reach the conclusion a slot is scum is the
best
way to get them to vote the slot, but it's true that this strategy need not be reactive and you can still be proactive by challenging townreads (I didn't do this for two main reasons; 1: no energy, and 2: no ability for me to really do so) and ask to be sheeped. The two ideally augment each other, where instead of ramrodding the answer down their throat you walk them through the process to get to the right answer, while continuing to challenge their assumptions and continuing to ask for their support.

I didn't have the energy to do that, though, but fortunately, I am well aware of the power of town stagnation and apathy, and I have patience and persistence on my side, the upside of the tunneling strategy. It didn't work on D1 to my frustration, and D2's end result was a given, but it did work on D3. I didn't need to be proactive when the reactive nature of the gamestate left no other truly viable option for the elimination and the pressure I was applying. I was insistent on eliminating Norwee and I left people with the path to vote Norwee.

Most of them hesitated to do so, but did ultimately do so.

I realize that this more passive approach is slower, less effective, less efficient, etc. and less reliable, with it being more prone to failure (as shown on D1), but it is not something which is ineffective altogether. It's the best I could do when struggling in real life like I have been, and if I were not struggling irl I would've done better, but it still got the job done. Slower than ideal, less reliably than ideal, less effectively than I preferred, but I was still doing my best to guide the gamestate to a forced Norwee elimination sooner or later.

Because as you pointed out two posts later: you were voted and there was no viable alternative.

(Props to your 289 tho. I like to turn lyrics from songs into mafia lyrics, too.)
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 2160, MURDERCAT wrote:Mafia thread posted!

Thanks again for playing everyone, I hope I can run it again sometime with changes to level out the balance a bit
Where did you post it at.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Thank you dw kill Cyrus cuse he's scum reading all 3scum.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Yeah this was an frustrating game.
I didn’t think i was being all that scummy to begin with.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think it was mostly bad nightkills and us getting PoE’d.
I was too worried about not knowing enough about the setup to share the feeling that i didn’t share that T3 and Cyrus didn’t seem the most optimal kills gameplay wise.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:29 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 2166, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think it was mostly bad nightkills and us getting PoE’d.
I was too worried about not knowing enough about the setup to share the feeling that i didn’t share that T3 and Cyrus didn’t seem the most optimal kills gameplay wise.
i had a huge game play but would have taken till day 4 to set up.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:50 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”