MafiaScum Idol Season 2 ~~AND THE WINNER IS...~~

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

MafiaScum Idol Season 2 ~~AND THE WINNER IS...~~

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello MafiaScum users!

My name is Malkon05 and I love to sing! I know there are other users on this site who love to sing as well, but would love to have a place to showcase their talents, have some friendly competition, and hear some of the best of the best in online singers <3

Here is a link to the last season showcasing some amazing talent:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=83405 (Winner Mina, Runner-up Toolenduso)

Intro:

As this is the second season of this contest it will be the same, buuuut a little different! Each week there will be a theme that you will have to pick a song from in order to perform. There are no limits to how you submit, so long as it is really you singing. You like Soundcloud? Great! You like vocaroo? Great! You like Youtube? Great! Just pick a medium that I can go through and judge week to week and listen to your beautiful vocals! <3

Everyone is eligible to participate, except
going forward anyone who wins or is a runner-up.

Normally I'd say omg not Mina and toolenduso :cry: saaaaaad

bbbuuuuuuuuuuuut

Judges:

I have decided that last season I took off a bit more than I could chew and have decided to bring on Mina and toolenduso as judges. I have the utmost confidence they will bring a positive, constructive environment that I tried to foster during season 1. So although they are not allowed to participate, I still wanted to include them in the process. Please show them the same respect you show me <3 I will not tolerate negativity, so please be sure to bring concerns to me so I can address things appropriately from a "Lead Judge" perspective.

How judging works this season:

This season I want things to be as fair as possible and I don't want "hive mind" judge responses. Therefore the judges will be submitting their scores and reviews independently of one another with their scores. I will do my best to do this as well. This way we don't accidentally influence one another. Then I will post the reviews in a google doc format much like I did last season, however aside from me, no one will directly know whose comments are whose, and the score that shows will be an average of all 3 scores, rather than the individual scores from each judge. We are doing this to be as fair as possible and keep things as unbiased and anonymous as possible so everyone can get positive and constructive feedback without worry of outside influence.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Rules that were in place last season are still in place this season:

1. Don't be a jerk. Putting yourself and your voice out there is a huge deal and I don't want anyone feeling shamed for having put their stuff out there :) If you are being a jerk, I will disqualify you. Ain't nobody got time for you to be a jerk.

2. This is a competition. As such, judging will need to happen to determine who moves on. Please respect the decisions made. It will be my job to do this fairly and as non-objectively as I can. Any cuts made will try to be done as gently and softly as possible. It is not my job to make people feel bad, but instead try to be positive and encouraging :)

3. Each round, a deadline will be posted. It is expected you submit on time, though we will be very generous on how much time we give (usually a week). If not, we will be unable to judge your entry which will make us sad :( If you have extenuating circumstances, please reach out to me or another judge. We try to be accommodating.

4. Any recording you submit will be posted as part of a google doc with my judging thoughts/comments. I have tried doing private submissions in past contests run on other sites, but it just kind of creates a weird/negative environment to others who choose not to. You do not have to video record yourself singing, I certainly don't most of the time haha. Submitting your entry either via posting in this thread or to me via PM will equal you giving me permission to add it to a doc that will be revealed every round.

5. Please follow MafiaScum rules. I really don't want this to be a weird thing and I just want us all to have fun and make music together <3

Submission guidelines:

1. Must be recorded in the timeframe of submissions (this means no submissions from a week before the round begins, the day before the round begins, or even an hour before the round begins).

2. Must have your username somewhere on the recording either before starting to sing, or typed up in the description, or if you have the capability added via editing text at the bottom of your submission.

3. Must be on a format that others can listen. You can do unlisted if you don't want general public to hear it, but the link itself will be viewable/listenable to anyone on MS.

4. Must fit the genre of the round being submitted.

5. May not be a recording of someone who isn't you, unless it is part of a duet in which you are one of the two featured people.

6. You may use instruments if you so choose. That being said this is a singing competition and as such I will not be judging your ability to perform an instrument.

Auditions are now Open!!!!

Theme is: Free-For-All (feel free to submit in whatever genre you want)

If you have any questions about how to submit, please let myself, Mina or Toolenduso know <3

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Can't wait to hear your lovely voices!!!
Last edited by Malkon05 on Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:19 am, edited 12 times in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Also Auditions will be open until July 24th. Assuming we meet our minimum quota we will move to Round 1 after we have time to review all auditions received on or before that date <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:02 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 9, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Q: Are we allowed to edit our submission in some video or audio editor (such as to layer our own voice multiple times) before submitting?
Thank you for asking. So no audio enhancement (reverb, echo etc). However last season I did allow voice layering for, most famously, Haschel. So long as its your voice and it hasn't been enhanced in some way, you can do multiple voice layerings so long as it's you singing <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Malkon05 »

With 2 days left for auditions we only have 1 submission so far. Please plan to submit soon if you are going to submit, we need to know if we have enough interest to run this <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 14, lilith2013 wrote:just checking that that one submission… is me?
you are correct!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 16, Skelda wrote:Oh shoot I forgot about this. I will try to record something on Saturday.
If you need an extra day or two let me know.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #23 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Malkon05 »

up to 4 auditions!!! Keep em coming <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #24 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Okay enough people have expressed interest, but have not yet submitted that I'm going to extend the deadline to next Saturday at 10pm PDT. We currently have 5 submissions, and will need at least 9 to run. So I need at the very least 4 more submissions to entertain running this season.

Please submit if you are thinking of doing so, I don't want to continually extend this.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #26 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 25, Not_Mafia wrote:I can’t sing so I can just submit instrumental songs with no vocals?
I mean I won't stop you but I probably wouldn't be able to judge you with a score since this is a singing competition :(

But instrumentals are nice <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #28 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Just a few days left to submit! <3 <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #30 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:20 am

Post by Malkon05 »

TODAY IS THE DEADLINE!!

We are up to 8 auditions so we are DEFINITELY GOING TO RUN this season! Be sure to get your auditions in so you don't miss out <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #32 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 31, tris wrote:hmm. i got it in a bit late
Don't worry too much about it for the audition, in the future if you need more time please contact a judge in advance <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #33 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Okay we are in the middle of judging. We hope to have results up sooner rather than later, but we DID HIT THE QUOTA to run this season so hooray!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #37 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone!!!

Welcome to MafiaScum Idol Season 2. And wow we have a talented crew of 10 this season. So first off, all of you have made it to Round 1! We got 10 auditions and we are so happy to have each and every one of you participating.

A couple things to go over in terms of format change before we announce audition results:

1. This season the judges are scoring and judging blind. This means none of us saw what each other posted before our own individual judging was submitted. This was to prevent hive mindset amongst the judges and I am very pleased and proud of the results that were generated. In addition, just because your average score is showing that does not mean each judge gave you that specific score, some may have judged you higher some may have judged you lower. The only thing showing is the overall score.

2. We have a "Judge's Save" that we can use once prior to the semi-finals of this competition. This means that at anytime before we go into an audience voting round (will be announce when this happens) we are allowed to prevent the lowest scoring singer from going home. This means prior to results being released we will know who the lowest scorer is and decide before releasing results if we are going to save that individual from elimination. This is an optional thing and may not be used at our discretion. Once it is used, it cannot be used again. This is a change from last season that I want to highlight.

3. After deliberating with my judges, we realized there was something not currently in the rules that I will be amending to add. If at any point two or more contestants score the exact same for the lowest score, it will be at the judges discretion on who goes home by a vote (3-0 or 2-1). I don't anticipate this will come up often, but with average scoring now in place, anything is possible and we want to cover our bases in case the situation arises.

4. Every round the top scoring contestant will get to decide the theme, including the audition this season. They will have 24 hours to pick the theme from a list I will post momentarily. We also may or may not have a twist once a theme has been chosen, but will not do this too often. This is a slight change from season 1.

That's all I want to cover before releasing results. Time for results!

The top scoring audition was the only person to score above a 9 this round. You all are so very good and the majority of you are all very close to one another so I think the competition is going to heat up a lot faster than it did in season 1. We tried to be as positive and helpful as we could with our critiques. Please reach out to me or another judge if you feel you aren't being treated positively or you feel like you are having a negative experience. If you want to privately chat with one another you are welcome to do so, but please do not publicly score everyone. We had issues with this last season and it really caused some negativity that made me upset and feel bad for contestants. I have picked judges very carefully and am trying to foster a positive, encouraging, constructive environment. I want to celebrate each of these wonderful singers and all 10 of you are wonderful.

With that being said, we do have a top scorer this round and that is
Haschel!!!!

Congrats to the top scorer. Here are the rest of the results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

So what themes COULD be in store this season? Well its time to dramatically reveal!!!

Song involving a color in title
Song involving an animal in title
Non-English Song
Jazz
90s
Country/Folk
Youtube Stars
Electronic/Dance/Techno
Disney
Billboard top 100 from 2014
TV Theme Songs
Original Video Game Songs
Singer Songwriter

Not all of these themes will be used obviously, there are more themes than rounds, but these are the ones that the top scorer will have to pick between.

So with that said, the top scorer from the auditions now gets to pick which theme we will do next <3

If any of the contestants have questions, feel free to DM me or reach out on discord Malkon#9019
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #41 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 39, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Not one but TWO songs I was considering auditioning with were on the 2014 Billboard Top 100, so let's go there first.
Okay The first theme is 2014 Billboard top 100.

You are allowed to choose any song from this list (its called hot 100 for some reason but it means the same thing as the theme name):

https://www.billboard.com/charts/year-e ... -100-songs

Your next deadline will be Friday August 13th at 11:59pm EDT.

I'm giving a little extra time this round since its your first round and you want to get your feet wet. Not all rounds will have this much time to submit. If you need more time please let us know ASAP. Since we understand everyone has lives and we are still in COVID I don't want to stress people out, but we also don't want to stay on themes/rounds forever.

The lowest scoring contestant this round will be eliminated unless a judge's save is used.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #42 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Here is the link to provide your Round 1 submissions:

Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #44 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

We tried to go for categories that were different than last season. The one exception is Country/Folk.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #45 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I'm sure you can find a musical song with a color or animal in it. Definitely during disney round ;)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #49 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 47, Skelda wrote:
In post 45, Malkon05 wrote:I'm sure you can find a musical song with a color or animal in it. Definitely during disney round ;)
Oh I'm sure I can find a musical song for more than just that hahaha. Trust me I'm already scoping out these categories trying to find ways I can find musicals which fulfill them. But I would say 90% of the songs I know well/have practice singing are from musicals, and it's also just fun to listen to everyone else have to sing songs I'm likely to know. But you are right that Disney is a similar style of singing.

Also a heads up on this current round, I'm hoping to record in the next two days. If I don't, then I'm almost certainly going to need an extension since I'm going to be traveling/in a hotel until deadline and trying to covertly record myself singing in my hotel room does not sound like fun. I'd really rather get it done now before all of that though. I already have my song picked out so just need to find time to record it.
Reach out to me privately if this comes up and we can discuss.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #50 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hey all,

I'm in the middle of trying to schedule a gallbladder surgery so congrats you get an extra week to submit :D

New deadline 20th, same time.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #68 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I am making the executive decision to extend the deadline to 11:59pm PDT (3 hours later than the previous deadline) to help a couple folks out.

I can't recall the last time we had a round last 3+ weeks. Going forward I'm going to ask people to time manage a little better if possible. Obviously I want this to be a positive experience and I totally get we all have lives...I mean for the love of god I had no idea I was going to be having 2 surgeries in such quick succession of one another. So it's not a big deal for now.

There are at least 2 of you the judges have not heard from. I am officially back, still recovering, but if you have questions you can direct them at me again.

PLEASE COMMUNICATE. I cannot stress this enough going forward. Each round cannot take 3+ weeks.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #70 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 69, tris wrote:sorry, i need to drop out
Thank you for letting us know tris. I speak on behalf of the judges in wishing you the best with future endeavors, and it was great to have you audition :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #71 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Wow everyone. You're all fabulous. Round 1 is officially done and we have a winner woop woop!

As was publicly stated, tris has opted to leave the competition, so as a result, everyone else is still in! I'm super happy too because a number of you really surprised me this week. I think you'll find the other judges were also pleasantly surprised by some of the entries this week. Despite only having 100 songs to pick from, we got a great range and NO ONE PICKED THE SAME SONG :O Incredible. Y'all are fabulous and the competition is already heating up. I'm so incredibly stoked to see what comes of future rounds.

Without further ado...the winner of this round won by less than .2.

And that person is...

Lilith2013!!!!

I'm so incredibly happy to crown you the winner this round <3

Here are the rest of the results:

The winner now has 24 hours to choose one of the following themes, after which the next round will begin promptly. Due to a prior request, I will make next round 2 weeks, be sure to use your time management efficiently, and communicate with us if you need more time (ideally let us know at least 1-2 days in advance rather than hours).

A reminder of the categories:

Non-English Song
Jazz
90s
Country/Folk
Youtube Stars
Electronic/Dance/Techno
Disney
TV Theme Songs
Singer Songwriter
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #79 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Okay Disney is the theme this round. Now Disney doesn't just mean the cartoons. Feel free to pick anything from
Disney
<3

Reminder, you cannot do songs you did prior, so if you did a Disney song in past rounds, you may not perform that song again.

Otherwise, sky is the limit, let's see how far UP you can go ;)

Deadline: September 6th at 11:59pm PDT

If you have any questions please ask a judge :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #80 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #83 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 82, Haschel Cedricson wrote:*records 2-hour-long version of "It's A Small World After All"*
*gives you a score of -100*
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #84 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello all,

I had something come up and realized I did not specifically spell this out in the rules for this category and had to remind myself that I need to be more clear when giving out categories.

For this Disney round, we are looking for songs that were specifically written for something disney originally put forth. I am henceforth making this a rule so you all know what we are looking for.

I'm going to provide the sample response I provided to the person who asked, it does not identify the person who specifically asked me and should be a good "rule of thumb" question. As usual please reach out to me if you specifically aren't sure if something is "disney" or not.

Example (response given by judges when asked):

"Although Disney did buy the rights to Hamilton, it does not appear that any of the songs were written during or after the rights were acquired as it was a broadway musical prior, so unless there is a song specifically written after the acquisition, we are going to have to say no to allowing it.

Last season I made a very similar clarification in the "non-animated movie songs" category as evidenced here. viewtopic.php?p=12072536&user_select%5B ... #p12072536

In this clarification I made publicly, I allowed someone to sing "Listen" from dreamgirls as that was a song written for the movie (they didn't but it was clarified), however, none of the rest of the songs were eligible because they were originally written for a non-movie format.

I am pretty open to ideas, but I have to have some structure in these categories. So unless there was a song written specifically for the 2020 movie hamilton or by disney post acquisition of the rights, I'm going to have to say no to Hamilton this round.

As stated I will post this publicly so everyone is on the same page as to what is going to count in the "disney" round vs not. I do apologize for any confusion or lack of clarification in my original post."
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #93 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 91, Skelda wrote:I do have a song recorded, but I'm very indecisive and there are like 5 or 6 songs I've been considering so that's why I'm not submitted yet! But I definitely will submit by deadline.
Well luckily for you, someone has requested a 24 hour deadline extension which I have decided to grant!

The new deadline is 9/7 at 11:59pm EDT.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #96 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

After review from a request to have one last 24 hours extension, I have decided to grant the request. If you have already submitted, feel free to re-submit if you need another day to iron out the kinks.

The new deadline is tomorrow, September 8th at 11:59pm PDT (not EDT).

Thank you all for your flexibility, it's a really weird time in the world right now and everyone could use some positivity <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #100 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Everyone has submitted for this round. I will give you all a heads up that results will likely not be displayed until late tomorrow. Judges schedules are a little all over the place with work, school and what have you.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #102 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I am finalizing the results with the judges, they will be up either tonight or tomorrow earlier in the day. I'm not exactly sure when but I'll post as soon as I know they are ready <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #103 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

How about some midnight results? :O
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #105 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

Another round done, another set of results. I would be Lion if I didn't think you all Prepared so well for this round. I have a lot of Pride in my heart for how much I hear the voice of mish mashers singing. It's like the spirit of a singing god Lives In You all. Every week we get closer and closer to seeing who wins, and I Just Can't Wait to crown a King (or Queen or other gender neutral title that's appropriate). You all really stepped up to the plate this week and delivered some incredible performances this week. You should own the Pride knowing that each of your entries Rocks.

Are you tired of my puns and obvious Lion King references? Well too bad because this week of Disney seems to be going to the Hyenas. Quite a number of you chose music from the iconic movie and they were all just delightful. You should all be proud though, even the few brave souls who ventured out of the talking animal realm.

To the person who is going home this week, I just want you to know that you are a incredibly kind and amazing individual and I'm so happy to consider you a friend in my life. Please don't see this as the end of the road, but that you got to show your great talents with all of MafiaScum! I hope you keep on singing, because at the end of the day this is just for funsies and it was a pleasure getting to hear you.

As for the winner, I want to congratulate the following person. Before I reveal them, I want to say the difference between 1st and 3rd was .133. It was an incredibly tight race. Without further ado, the winner this round is...

Lilith2013 for the 2nd round in a row. Congratultions!!!!

As for the rest of the results:

And with this, it's time for our winner this week to choose the next round's theme. A reminder of the choices:

Non-English Song
Jazz
90s
Country/Folk
Youtube Stars
Electronic/Dance/Techno
TV Theme Songs
Singer Songwriter

The winner will now have 24 hours to decide what the next theme will be. Best of luck!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #117 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hey all,

Before I lay down the rules of the round, something has come to my attention:

1. It came to light that several users spliced their recordings this week.
2. There has never been a direct rule on splicing.
3. Voice layering has been allowed in the past.
4. Voice enhancement tricks such as reverb, autotune, pitch correction have not been allowed.

As a result a grey area has arisen and I have been asked to provide clarification on the matter. I have never expressly disallowed techniques like splicing.

The other thing to consider is that mina, toolenduso and myself are not professional music editors. None of us are prepared to run every recording we have through some fancy technique to find out if splicing was utilized nor has it really come up. In addition, a good splice will be hard to detect even with a good ear.

At this point there is nothing that suggests you can’t splice your takes. Going forward, there is not going to be a rule placed on potential splicing so if you want to, we won’t stop you. If your splice is particularly bad though, I can’t promise it won’t reflect negatively in your feedback and judge scoring…which is the same precedence that voice layering has been allowed. Proceed at your own risk if you choose this route.

The rule of not using pitch correction, auto tune, reverb or anything that specifically enhances your voice beyond what it is naturally capable of doing is still in place.

Let the judges know if this is not a clear understanding going forward.

Okay now that this business is out of the way let's get to the rules of the round!

Theme: Non-English

Exactly what it sounds like. You will perform a song entirely in a non english language. If there are a couple english words we aren’t going to be super sticklers about it (eg kpop, jpop etc) but if you aren’t sure please run it by the judges first. In fact if there are more than like 5 english words please run it by the judges and we will assess on a case by case basis.

The deadline will be at
11:59pm PDT on Tuesday, September 28th
. Yes that is about 2.5 weeks from now, but this I would consider to be one of the harder themes to learn so I'm giving you time.

DON'T PROCRASTINATE! Please use the time I have given you well. Waiting until the last minute to both learn and nail a song in a non english language is challenging and the earlier you get on it, the better. Trust me.

Best of luck everyone <3
Last edited by Malkon05 on Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #118 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Here is the submission form for round 3: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #120 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:18 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

A question was brought up by a contestant, does the song originally have to be Non-English?

After conferring with the judges, it was a very good question and our official response is yes. The song originally does have to have been done in a Foreign Language. If this is unclear, please let us know.

In the spirit of this competition, this theme was intended to be about diversity. Doing a song that was originally done in English and later redone in another language or just translating a song from English to another language feels like it defeats the spirit of what was trying to be accomplished by this theme choice and what it was intended to be.

Thank you for asking questions because it didn't even cross my mind to think of that possibility when we were coming up with theme ideas. Please let us know if you have questions, but otherwise wikipedia is a good enough resource to confirm information, that's likely what I or another judge would be using to try to answer the question haha.

Again thanks for participating each of you and we hope this clears this up.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #122 (isolation #36) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

I hope your recordings are going so well. I can't wait to hear all of your lovely voices in the coming week and a half. I want to take a moment to make an announcement. I've been doing some soul searching this year and between all the surgeries and health and what I want to do with my time is starting to veer away from MafiaScum Idol. As much as I've loved hearing all of your voices and enjoyed giving hopefully helpful feedback, ultimately I have to do what is in my best interest, and I don't think that is hosting any longer.

I also noticed a decline of new participants this season which makes me think if I continue to run it, we will just continue to get repeats in future seasons. And it's not that I don't want to hear the same lovely voices season to season, but I think this contest was to signify a fun way to spend time during COVID and create a sense of positivity and I'd like to end my hosting of this contest as positively as I can.

As such, at the conclusion of this season I am going to step down as host. I don't have plans for a succession, this was all really just a fun experiment and a time to really just be positive. I also didn't want to make this announcement during results or any time that gets in the way of our current contestants which is why I waited until now to make the announcement. If anyone wants to step up and take over, they can and who knows, I may want to judge in the future, but for the time being, I just wanted people to know I'm not planning on doing a season 3 at this point in time.

Thank you for taking this experimental journey with me and I hope it's brought you as much joy as it's brought me and I thank you for respecting my decision. It's been a long couple of years.

<3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #123 (isolation #37) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone,

Deadline is tomorrow. We haven't gotten any entries in so far.

I am here to announce that as of this morning PrivateI/Monty has opted to leave the competition. An extension was offered in case it would help, but per his request, he did not feel it would help, so we are proceeding forward and honoring his request.

As a result, whoever submits anything this round is automatically going to see the next round! However, since no one has communicated with us, we wanted to let you know that we are planning on being very lenient with our critiques this round. We would hate for any more quits and urge everyone else to submit something.

If you need an extension please let us know, obviously there will still be a winner this round who will get to choose the next theme, so feel free to submit your best! This is probably the hardest theme this game for quite a few people, so you are not alone in your struggles. But yes, please submit something or let us know if something is going on!

I look forward to hearing your lovely voices <3
Last edited by Malkon05 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #128 (isolation #38) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 127, T-Bone wrote:Apologies, had some mix and rend issues in the final mix that I unfortunately do not have time to correct. For some reason audacity decided to amplify some vocals weirdly.
The Audacity of Audacity!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #130 (isolation #39) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 129, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I actually am gonna ask for that extension.
Based on this request and another request, I've gone ahead and decided to extend this deadline by 2 days.

The new deadline is Thursday, September 30th at 11:59pm PDT.

If you submitted already, you have until then if you want to resubmit.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #131 (isolation #40) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I've decided based on a request from multiple people, to extend one final day. After this extension, unless extremely extenuating circumstances come up, I think we need to move on. Even if the recording isn't perfect, please have something submitted by this final deadline.

The new deadline is Friday, October 1st at 11:59pm PDT.

If you submitted already, you have until then if you want to resubmit.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #132 (isolation #41) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants, the deadline has passed and 6 out of 7 of the remaining contestants have submitted. I've reached out to the outstanding applicant and if I hear from them by tomorrow at 11 am PDT/2pm EDT I will accept the entry as this was a free round with the quit, if the entry is not received by that time, we are going to move on with two "Did Not Submits" this round. We will begin judging and results will not be available until at least that time or later.

Please let me know if you have any questions!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #133 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants!

Man this was a hard round. If not evidenced by two people opting to leave the competition, I think we can safely say this was the round that really tested us. However, those who did submit did incredible! On average the scores shot way up this week and it's because you are all doing wonderfully!

To the two people who opted to leave the competition, I wish you both the best of luck. I enjoyed having you both in this contest and I think you were both on a positive upward trajectory in this game. I think it is a loss to everyone in the contest, but at the same time, because you both opted to step down, everyone else who submitted gets to continue. Which means we are officially in the top 6!

As for the winner of this round, 1st and 2nd had a difference of .033 in their average scores. Without further ado I want to give a big congratulations to...

Skelda!!!!!!!!!!

Full results:

As the winner of this round, you now have 24 hours to decide which of the remaining categories you would like to pick for the theme! You can let us know privately or post publicly what it is you want. Here are your options:

Jazz
90s
Country/Folk
Youtube Stars
Electronic/Dance/Techno
TV Theme Songs
Singer Songwriter

Once you have chosen the theme for the round the next round will be up.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #136 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 134, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I'm sorry, I would like some clarification re: judges comments, particularly Judge 2. I'm not sure how my song choice can be both safe and a mismatch at the same time. Last season I also got criticism for choosing "safe" songs and getting the same critique for a genre I don't normally sing is confusing. At this point I genuinely do not understand what would be considered "good" song choice.
Further clarification on the comment from judge 2 after conferring with him or her:

"The only feedback I can further provide on that comment is that if you're not naturally a rocker then it's going to come across as just a 'nice' version of that particular song which will feel like a mismatch. Therefore if it's just a nice version where you don't really go for the hardcore rock the song seems to demand then it's going to come across as just an okay or "safe" choice. Best comparison to me is that I wanted to be hit by a train with excitement, and instead I was hit by a sedan. It was good, but could have been a lot better. Specifically in the chorus the original artist really hardcore goes for it and it just felt "nice" when I heard you sing it. At the end of the day this is personal preference and I didn't want to be overly critical, and I'm sorry if by going for a "nice" comment myself I wasn't more specific in the way you needed."
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #138 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Okay contestants!

Skelda has picked "Songs With A Color In The Title." I hope this one is pretty self explanatory, but yeah if the song has a color in the title it's good to go.

So for example, if you want to do Red by Taylor Swift, all good. If you want to do Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones, have at it. I do need to set a few rules for the round.

1. The idea is to deal in colors, and I know there is a ton of colors that have shades that are also associated with other things.

For example, "Peach" is technically a color according to the color code index, however the song Peaches by The Presidents of The United States of America would not be eligible. Why you ask? Because the context in which "Peaches" is used in the song clearly refers to "eating peaches" which would therefore be more associated with the food rather than the color itself.

2. Songs that refer to multiple specific colors are fine. "Black and Yellow" by Wiz Khalifa for example or "Black and Gold" by Sam Sparro would both be acceptable songs.

3. Songs that don't refer to a color specifically but a range of colors I'm not going to allow. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for example, refers to a rainbow which is technically comprised of multiple colors but doesn't specifically refer to an actual color in the title itself. A rainbow, in this context, is an object being looked at. Were the song something like "The Yellow in the Rainbow" or something like that I would allow it since Yellow is the color being referred to. (Not an actual song but just highlighting what is and isn't acceptable).

If you have any questions about how this round words, please let a judge know.

I'm going to give you all 2 weeks this time so entries are officially due at
8:59pm PDT/11:59pm EDT on Saturday, October 16th
. That should be plenty of time to get something done and this should be a much easier week than last week. But as always please communicate if something comes up.

Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Malkon05 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #139 (isolation #45) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

here is the submission link for this round.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #141 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Everyone was informed privately today, but just so it's officially out there. The deadline was extended by one more day until
8:59pm PDT/11:59pm EDT on Tuesday October 19th.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #142 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

All entries for the round have been received. Judging will now begin. Results will most likely be available tomorrow.

Also, please give a hearty congratulations to Toolenduso who is now a dad! The fact he has a newborn and is going to keep judging amazes me! Everyone give him big thanks and congrats!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #145 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello Contestants,

Results are very very late tonight! The judges and I were making sure the right messages were getting conveyed, and we also had to deliberate on whether or not to use the save this week. We sadly chose to not use it, meaning we only have 2 more rounds to use it if we choose to do so.

All 6 of you have really risen to the challenge this week and the results are very very close. Between 1st and 5th there was only a .733 difference. This just means as I predicted that competition would step up and I think the feedback and scores will reflect this. You all are incredible vocalists and I applaud you for sticking with us. I hope you all feel valued and appreciated in this contest.

To the person going home this week, I'm sorry the save wasn't used on you because you did very well this week. Although you have shown incredible growth in a short amount of time, it just wasn't in the cards this time around. I hope you know you are valued and appreciated, and I personally want to thank you for being so enthusiastic each week about the themes and your submissions. It's been a complete joy seeing the talent that MafiaScum has and you are part of that. You made top 6 which is incredible. Unfortunately, this is the end of the road for you.

To the person who is the winner this round, I think you've very much earned the win you got this week and really just blue us away (see what I did there? ;) ). I am excited to see what theme you pick this round. And that person is...

flubbernugget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full results:

As a reminder since we are getting nearer to the end of this season, the judges' save must be used this round or next if it's going to be used, so be ready for us to step in and use that if need be. This means tha the lowest scorer in a round, could potentially be saved from going.

Congrats to our winner. You now have 24 hours to pick the next theme.

Choices:

Jazz
90s
Country/Folk
Youtube Stars
Electronic/Dance/Techno
TV Theme Songs
Singer Songwriter

The next round starts after you make your selection!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #148 (isolation #49) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 146, Flubbernugget wrote:ahhhhhh let's gooooooo

I think I'm gonna go for Electronic/Dance/Techno
Alright the next theme is Electronic/Dance/Techno. This requires the use of a song that falls under that category.

Here is the broad interpretation of what is or isn't okay for this round: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music

As far as specific rules go, the only really basic rule is we're looking for something that has one of those stylings listed above in the description of what the song is.

For example: Everytime We Touch by Cascada has two versions, one is not "techno", one is. We would be looking for the electronic/techno version of the song as listed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everytime ... cada_song)

The idea of this round is not to do "non techno" versions of the techno songs. So if there are "Candlelight" or "slow" versions of the song, we would not want to hear those this round. If there is a dance mix of a song that was originally not electronic, I think we're going to be pretty lenient this round as to what counts for this, but as always feel free to run your song selections by us and we will discuss it.

I don't really have any defined rules this round aside from the above, but if you have questions or want more defined parameters feel free to ask :)

The next deadline is
Wednesday, November 3rd at 11:59pm PST(or Thursday, November 4th at 2:59am EST)
. There is a holiday and I believe some elections happening around this time, so I recommend not procrastinating this round. Best of luck to our top 5!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #149 (isolation #50) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Here is the submission link for round 5:

Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #151 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

So to be honest, most of that looked fine? Hip hop would probably be the only thing I would raise an eyebrow at.

Let me see if I can be a little more clear. If you look at the example I provided, you will see under genre "Techno" on the wikipedia page. If on a page like that, the song genre is "Electronic" "Dance" "Techno" "Trance" "EDM" you are probably safe to use it.

We are going to be pretty lenient though this round, and if you want to ask us about a specific song for us to look at, we are always happy to review songs.

If you aren't sure if a song qualifies, run it by us.

I hope that's clear enough.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #153 (isolation #52) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

After reviewing the categories and clarifications, we thought we might provide some more helpful examples of things we would automatically accept without needing to review:

Techno
Electronic
EDM (Electronic Dance Music)
Trance
Electropop
Synth Pop
Dubstep
DNB
Disco
Eurodance

In addition, we had previously said that "Dance" would count for this, however after reviewing Dance in its entirety we recognize that it encompasses styles of music that don't necessarily fit what we were going for. In this context we were referring to Electronic Dance Music. If you were considering a song that has "Dance" as the genre, please run it by us before going with it.

There are also many other "Electronic/Trance/EDM" categories as shown in the above link by Haschel, but hopefully this provides some clarity as to what we are specifically looking for this round. As always, please send something to us if it doesn't fit the categories above if you aren't sure if it will count or not as it's easier to review individual songs rather than the singer or genre as some singers and genres dabble in multiple categories.

Thank you ❤️
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #155 (isolation #53) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 154, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Trip-Hop Y/N?
Let's go with "if you have a song you are considering and you aren't sure if it fits, and it's not one of the aforementioned categories, send it to the judges so we can review it." To be consistent :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #157 (isolation #54) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:01 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Based on the above request and one other, we are extending the deadline until Sunday November 7th, at the same time as prior deadline. NOTE: Daylight savings hour happens on that day, so please don't put it off longer than you have to. From past experience, it's not pleasant to cope with the time change and also try to record.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #158 (isolation #55) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Just a reminder new deadline is in two days! I can't wait to listen to all of your entries <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #159 (isolation #56) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:16 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

A 12 hour extension was requested, and I'm going to grant it. Due tomorrow at 11:59pm PST.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #160 (isolation #57) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

We have gotten all scores in and all critiques from judges. This was the closest result to date. First and Second separated by .033. Really feeling the competition ramping up and this is going to have such a good result no matter what happens.

Part of the reason that decisions took awhile tonight was because, a contestant had to medically withdraw from the competition. The judges did offer to use the save on this person since their circumstances were out of their control as we wanted this person not to feel like they would be out by default. However, after a conversation with the contestant, they have ultimately opted to withdraw as they did not feel it fair to have a save used on them when they couldn't even provide a submission. We are respecting their wishes. They have been such an awesome competitor and really made a lot of improvements and have had probably more progress than any other contestant this season. We are sad to see them go out this way, however they went out on their terms and we respect people making their own choices. Thank you for being in this competition.

As for the other 4 who submitted, you are all going to be in the final 4! Congrats. But let's first resolve who got 1st shall we?

By .033...the winner of this round is...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!flub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the winner! Here are the full results:

You all know the drill by now, the winner now gets to pick from the following themes for the next round:

Jazz
90s
Country/Folk
Youtube Stars
TV Theme Songs
Singer Songwriter

The winner now has 24 hours to decide on what could be the last chosen theme of this competition. It's crazy we are getting close to the end! We've heard a lot of amazing talent this season and I'm so happy with all of you. Thank you for going with me on this crazy journey.

I will be announcing a few things about the final rounds after the theme has been chosen. So just be ready for that.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #164 (isolation #58) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Okay contestants. This rounds is probably the most straightforward round so far. The song you do has to name an animal in the title!

Examples of Things that are okay: Eye of the Tiger, Fly Like An Eagle.
Examples of Things that are not okay: Roar, Maroon 5’s Animals.

The song must identify a specific animal or specific animals. I can’t think of a song that lists more than one off the top of my head but if a song were called “cats and dogs” that would be fine.

If you have any questions please let a judge know.

Deadline is Sunday, November 21st at 11:59pm pacific time.

In addition, I want to talk about the next few rounds:

1. The judge’s save has so far gone unused. This round is our last round that we can use it if we choose to.
2. If the save is used we will have a final choice from the winner and will proceed with another final 4 round.
3. If the save is not used, we will proceed to the final 3 round.
4. The final 3 and final 2 will work the exact same as they did in season 1. Final 3 will be judges choice where each contestant will be paired up with a judge and be given 3 songs to pick from to sing. The winner of the prior round will get 4 songs to pick from. If, after a week the contestants do not feel their selections are good enough they may request a final song. The total amount of time in this round will be 2.5 weeks. At the end scoring will be 50% judge and 50% audience based and the two scores will be added for a total out of 20.
5. The final 2 will once again have “past and present” theme where they will have two weeks to pick a non final 3 song to redo from their time here and to do one new song they have never done before of their choosing. The winner will be decided by audience voting, though the judges are allowed to vote as part of the audience.

If you have any questions about this, please let us know. Best of luck contestants!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #165 (isolation #59) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

Sorry for the second post. After conferring with the judges an idea for how the final 3 round will happen came up and we are going to be adopting it. We will provide more details at that time, but the gist is that instead of one coach giving you 3+ songs, you are going to be getting at least 1 song from each coach to choose from. We will explain more details when we arrive at that round.

Thank you :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #167 (isolation #60) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone,

I have heard that some of you are having a hard time coming up with songs you want to do this round. I found the following list I thought I'd share. This is in NO WAY a comprehensive list. If you find a song that fits the theme that isn't on this list that's A-okay <3 I also haven't vetted all songs on this list to verify if they actually fit the theme or not. This is merely a helpful database to those of you that might be struggling.

Let me know if you have any questions <3 I can't wait to hear you all!

https://www.songfacts.com/category/song ... -the-title
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #169 (isolation #61) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Just realized I forgot to make a submission form for Round 6. Here you go: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Reminder entries are due later today!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #170 (isolation #62) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

All entries for round 6 are in! We are all busy adults, so we will try to have results in by tomorrow evening, but we are asking for a little leniency! Thank you all for getting your stuff in on time this round! It's very much appreciated <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #171 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Okay so we are still finalizing results from this round. But I want to announce that regardless of the results, we are going to take a break after announcing results so those of us that celebrate thanksgiving can enjoy this time. The next round will commence on Friday as a result. We are hoping to have results up today but again please be patient <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #172 (isolation #64) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants!

Thank you so much for the patience this round. This is an awkward week for the judges, but we did pull it together finally to put together our critiques to give you hopefully helpful constrictive feedback. I just want to say that all 4 of our contestants remaining are so good. I adore all 4 of you and this round you all brought it. Not that you don't always bring it, but you truly have all left your mark in this competition. This was the absolute last possible round the judge's save could be used and after 4 really incredible performances, I hope it's absolutely zero shock to any of you that we felt it was finally time to use it.

What does that mean? It means all 4 of you have survived! Congratulations. We are also temporarily suspending the competition until Friday so you can spend time with family if you are in the US and celebrate Thanksgiving, or if you just need a break! This is a lot and we completely understand that this has been a lot. Enjoy your time off the next couple of days.

And while we did use the save this round and previously said that would mean we would have one final round before live voting begins...WE HAVE CHANGED OUR MINDS :O And we haven't just changed our minds, but we've changed our minds in a HUGE way this season. I'm going to be dropping all of those details on Friday when we announce how these final rounds will go.

There was a top scorer this week, the margin, slightly higher than before, but still very close and less than .7 point difference between 1st and 2nd.

Congrats to...

Skelda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the full results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The winner of this round will still have something the rest don't for the next challenge, but again, while we iron out the last few details of how the final rounds of this competition work, thta's going to have to be enough.

We will see you all on Friday. Be ready, I'm really excited to see some differnces and to see how this all plays out :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #174 (isolation #65) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

We've previously said what would happen if the save were used, and that was the original plan. But in using the save we really had to evaluate why we were using the save. In the end, we feel you all deserve to have the shot to get votes to see who should progress. As such, we are going to move straight into the final 2 rounds of this game. What does this mean? It means instead of having 2 finalists like we did last year, we are going to have 3 finalists this year!

The theme this round: Judge's Choice

At some point today you will be added to a discord chat with the judges (we will set this up). This is our time to ask you questions to see what type of music and artist you want to be portrayed as. Privately, the judges will then find one song for each of you to choose from for this next week. You will get your choices on Wednesday unless the judges come up with their choices sooner. You will get 1 song choice from each judge to choose to perform from for the next round.

Since Skelda won the last round, as promised he will get an extra 4th song from me since I'm lead host ❤️

You will then have until the following Saturday to look through your songs and ask for a bonus song. Judges will deliberate privately and collectively give 1 more song if you do not feel you can perform any of the suggested recommendations. You will get this no later than Monday Evening. No additional time credit will be given if you do ask for a final song.

The deadline to record your song will be
Sunday December 12th at 11:59pm EST (9:59pm PST)
. We will explain how live voting & scoring works once the round is over (and also how the final round will go). Since you only have at most 4 (or for Skelda 5) songs to choose between we feel this is adequate time to pick and record. Unless major extenuating circumstances come up we will not be granting time extensions for this round. Please be sure to use your time well, and best of luck!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #175 (isolation #66) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Extenuating circumstances were given by a contestant and as such I am pushing the final deadline of this round out until december 19th with the same time.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #176 (isolation #67) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

The judges have made their song selections for this round and all contestants have been messaged. This round is officially on!

Reminder of timeline:

-If you aren't okay with the selections, we need to know if you choose to enact 1 final choice by Saturday at 11:59pm EST/8:59pm PST.
-If you do this, judges will give you a collective final selection by Monday at the latest.
-No additional time credit for the new song choice will be given if you choose this option.
-Deadline is December 19th at 11:59pm EST/8:59pm PST.
-This round will be a hybrid score out of 20 points (10 max from judge average and 10 max from audience voting). We will be describing these details and how this works once we have all submissions for the round in.
-This will be the final round where you will receive judging feedback as the final round will only be audience voting.
-This year we will have a f3 instead of a f2.

Link for submitting this round: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Best of luck everyone :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #177 (isolation #68) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

At this point, there's no choice but to extend the deadline a day.

I'm going to have a conversation with the judges and the contestants who have yet to submit and try to figure out how to resolve this situation.

New deadline tomorrow at 11:59pm PST (2:59am EST). But I'm not sure if this is the only extension or not. If you already submitted feel free to get a better take and re-submit if you want.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #179 (isolation #69) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello Contestants,

At this point we have had multiple people not submit. I think we are all feeling the pressures of the holidays and non MS commitments. Rather than just let people get auto defaulted out and move to the final round, we are doing one final giant deadline extension to 11:59pm EST/8:59pm PST on January 3rd just so we can all take a giant breath/break from having to constantly check this.

To those who submitted, feel free to redo and resubmit by this date. To those who haven't submitted, this is the final extension barring severe extenuating circumstances. Feel free to take whatever time you need to enjoy time with loved ones and I hope you all take time for yourselves! This has been a long journey and we are SO CLOSE to the finish line. I just want us all to finish strong :)

If no severe extenuating circumstances come up or are addressed and no further submissions (or re-submissions) are received by the 3rd, we are going to proceed forward regardless of what has or hasn't been submitted.

A reminder to all contestants to PLEASE continue to communicate with us if issues come up. Also please do not leave things to the last minute...or stuff like this happens and I don't want people to just "win by default" that's no fun for anyone :( Plus we love hearing your lovely voices <3

Let me know if you have any questions :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #180 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone!

All 4 contestants have submitted! The judges will now be conferring and will post how voting will work once we have finished conferring. Thank you everyone for pushing through the holidays to get something in! <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #181 (isolation #71) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone! Thank you for the patience.

This is it! The Semi-Finals. It's been quite a road, but all 4 of our contestants have put forth a valiant effort. The judge's scores and feedback are in, but tonight we will only be revealing feedback.

For everyone, here is that feedback: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

For the next few days (mostly because I'll be out of town), viewers will be voting on the song they think did the best. Contestants and judges will not vote, so this will strictly be in the hands of the viewers.

HOW TO VOTE:

IF YOU WISH TO VOTE SEND MALKON A DM ASKING FOR A VOTING CODE.

Once you have a voting code, you can click the following link to vote:

Voting will end on January 9th at 10pm EST/7pm PST
(this is the earilest I can promise to be available and coherent to count voting and get results).

How scoring works this round

Your final score this round will be out of 20. You will have the avg judge score like normal, but then you will have a score from the audience.

The person to get the most votes gets a score of 10
The person to get the second most votes gets a score of 9.7
The person to get the third most votes gets a score of 9.4
The person to get the last most votes gets a score of 9.1

If there is a tie in voting for any of the above, both contestants will receive the same score (last season Mina and flub scored the same for 2nd and both earned the score for 2nd place).

Once we have the audience voting, we will reveal scores. The top 3 scorers will move onto the finale, and the person with the lowest score will be eliminated.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Mina, myself, or Toolenduso.

Everyone please give a huge round of applause to Mina and Toolenduso for their hard work with judging this contest. They are officially done giving feedback for the season and have been instrumentally huge in helping me get everything together.

Best of luck to our final 4, may the best 3 move on!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #183 (isolation #72) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

We have only had a few votes come in. Voting is due in 3.5 hours! Make sure to message me if you want your idols to be safe!!!

Results will be posted later tonight after voting ends!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #184 (isolation #73) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Voting is done!

I will have results up shortly.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #185 (isolation #74) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:11 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello Contestants!

For several weeks and delays we have been waiting to see the conclusion of our semi-final round and to see what happens. I am so pleased to say we have an incredible final 4 that is about to become a final 3. To the person who goes this round, you will be HUGELY missed and it has been my honor and pleasure to be your host this season. Your placement should say a lot as competition heated up a lot.

First, let's reveal how everyone did in the voting polls. As a reminder I'm only going to show placements in the poll and that will correlate to the scores I outlined in the initial voting post. Without further ado, here is how everyone placed:

In first place...

is...

Lilith2013!!! who will receive the maximum score of 10 from the audience

Congratulations!!!!

In second place...

is...

a 3 way tie between our other contestants which means you will all get the same score for getting 2nd!!!!

Currently the standings are:

Lilith2013-10
Haschel Cedricson (tie)-9.7
Flubbernugget (tie)-9.7
Skelda (tie)-9.7

So now we go to the second component of this round, the judge scores. As a reminder, this is an average of all three of our scores. I will reveal final placements alongside these scores so once this is done, we will be saying goodbye to one of our final 4.

In first place and our first finalist is...

Lilith2013! Congratulations. Audience score, 10 + Judge's score, 9.6 = 19.6

In second place and the second member of our finale...

Skelda!!! Audience Score, 9.7 + Judge's Score, 9.633 = 19.333!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which means there is only one spot left, and two people left who want it.

So who gets it?

Let's find out.

In third place, and the final member of our finale is...

Haschel Cedricson!!! Audience Score, 9.7 + Judge's Score 9.533 = 19.233

Which means that unfortunately...

flubbernugget :( Buddy you did so well I'm so proud of you, but with a score of 19.1 (Audience Score, 9.7 + Judge's Score, 9.4) unfortunately this means that once again you have fallen just short of being able to advance to MS Idol finale. But I want to give you a standing ovation because you persevered so much to be here and it's truly been an honor to listen to and get your advice the past two seasons. Thank you for literally everything you have done and I wish you well and want to know if you hit it big so I can go to your concerts!

And with that our final round has begun! We have gone through a lot together, we have done some incredible things, and heard some incredible music over the past 9 rounds.

But all amazing things come to an end, and in just a couple of weeks, we shall also see the end of MS Idol 2.

The theme this round is the same as it was last season, Past & Present.

In this round, you will do 2 songs, a re-recording of a song you have performed in this contest (except judge's choice), and a new recording of your choice. This is to show how far you have come and how much you have learned about yourself in this contest. We want to show improvement <3 Take all the advice you have gotten up until now, because this is completely out of the judge's hands as of this moment.

Notes:

For Past: You need to re-record and resubmit the re-recording, not the prior submission.

For Present: You can do any song you want except one you have already done in a prior round this season. You are not singing for the judge's you are singing for the audience, so keep this in mind when choosing.

If you have any questions about the above, please let the judges know.

Thank you everyone, and best of luck to our finalists <3

You have 2 weeks from today to get BOTH recordings, PLEASE manage your time well. Deadline is January 23rd at 10pm EST/7pm PST.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #187 (isolation #75) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:39 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hey Contestants, an inconsistency with what we were attempting to do was pointed out.

PRO TIP: Don't write up rules after driving for 3+ hours and running on low levels of sleep post vacay :D

Please review the "Past" section for new details. It should run the way it did last year.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #189 (isolation #76) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 188, Flubbernugget wrote:what a terrible time to have gotten sick :(

everyone did great this round! I can't wait to see how the finals play out
Big hugs to flub! You did amazing <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #191 (isolation #77) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Due to extenuating circumstances, I have made the decision to extend the deadline to tomorrow at the same time.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #192 (isolation #78) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I have everyone's submissions in. I am going to get everything typed up and will post before I leave tomorrow morning for work to let people have a chance.

I have two things to say:

1. Everyone give our finalists a round of applause. It is no joke to get two recordings put together for this, and I want them all to get a round of applause.

2. It is with a sad note I must inform you that Haschel Cedricson has opted not to submit for the finale by choice. As such I will honor said choice and officially award him 3rd place in this contest. I respect someone who knows when it's right for them to do something, and there are no hard feelings. You beat your placement during MS Idol 1 and you did so in style! You also made a finale which is great. Thank you for being a participant both seasons.

So that means that starting tomorrow, MS is going to vote between Skelda or Lilith2013 to crown the winner of MafiaScum Idol Season 2!

One final note: If you had a vote code from last round, you are welcome to use it again, or ask me for a new code. I won't start handing them out until the post is up.

Everyone take a night off and get ready to be blown away with MS talent tomorrow!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #194 (isolation #79) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Sorry life got away from me. I will attempt to have this up early afternoon pst :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #196 (isolation #80) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:28 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Finale Voting

And here we are folks! Nearly 5-6 months later we have finally reached the finale of Skelda vs Lilith. One of you will be crowned the winner of MS Idol Season 2 and one of you will be the runner up. It's been a long race and you have done everything you could to be here. We now turn the final decision over to the voters. There is no judging this round and judges will vote just like any other audience member if they so choose. Former contestants (aside from Skelda and lilith) are also welcome to vote if that wasn't clear before :)

Here are some rules/notes:

1. Voting is simple. I have linked all of the performances in this doc: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

2. You will vote for the performance you think is the best. Regardless of which performance you vote for, the performer will receive the vote. So if you like Skelda's "past" entry and vote for it and someone else prefers Skelda's "present" entry and they vote for that, Skelda will receive a total of 2 votes despite having 1 vote for each song.

3. If you received a unique voting code during the last round, you can use it again to vote, if you don't have a unique voting code, please PM me or DM me on discord Malkon#9019 and I will give you one. You need one in order to vote.

4. The deadline for voting will end on
Sunday at 4pm EST/1pm PST
and results will be posted at some point after.

Just in case you need a little more help and to recap all of the great performances...

So what are you waiting for?! Let's celebrate some amazing singing and crown a winner! :) <3

Thank you all for participating and I will be back Sunday to crown the winner :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #197 (isolation #81) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Bumping this to remind everyone to vote by tomorrow!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #199 (isolation #82) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Voting is now closed! I am tabulating the results and will post our winner shortly!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #200 (isolation #83) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time and we are finally coming to a close. This vote was VERY VERY close and was decided by a single voter. EVERY SINGLE SONG got at least 1 vote which shows you that our two finalists really did bring it all to the table.

Before we get to the results, I just want to appreciate the participants, the voters & my co-hosts this season! It made my job easier and it made me so happy to see such amazing talent this season. It was a honor to host you all.

That being said, before we reveal the winner, I want to re-iterate that I am stepping down as host of this contest. This was something created during a time that the world was going to heck with COVID and even this season felt less motivating to me as a host to run. It is no fault of anyone, but I recognize in myself that if I'm not enjoying something any further I need to step down and leave things as it was. If anyone else feels like taking up the mantle and running this contest be my guest, but things to consider: We had mostly returnees to the contest this year and the amount of audience participation went down overall. I think the time for this contest has run its course, but if people feel differently you are more than welcome to run it again <3

I've had a blast the last two seasons and it's because of you all that made it fun and I'm glad it has finally come to an end on a positive note.

Okay no further delays, let's get to it.

By a difference of...1 vote...

The winner of MafiaScum Idol Season 2 is...

Spoiler: who was it?
Lilith2013!!!!

Many congratulations to the winner and the runner-up! You both presented fantastic cases for why you should be crowned MS Idol Season 2 winner and it was a close race! You both should be very proud.

And that's it! Another season done and we are closing the chapter of MS Idol. Forever? That remains to be seen.

For the last time as host of this contest, I thank you all for being part of this journey and for celebrating the talent we have here on MafiaScum. I hope you all have a pleasant 2022 and celebrate the end of this journey. Well done everyone <3

~Malkon05

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”