Mini 2243: Chromatic Ascension || Game Over!

Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Knight Marigold »

Who's up for a dance?

A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:12 pm

"A cool knight" sounds so much better than "A warm knight". I wish I were "cool".
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:32 pm

In post 16, Knight Lavender wrote:
In post 12, Knight Seafoam wrote:Knight Lavender, wouldst thou share thy ancestral strategems that we might, in thy own words, become wiser in the hearing?

The false prophet put it best:

Subject: A warlock, a werewolf, and a vampire... [Game Over]
FakeGod wrote:Some more game analysis: I believe that the scum team was particularly weak this round. Getting left out as scum in pre-dance should be avoidable as long as you didn't roll 3 gentleman or something ridiculous like that, and none of the scum players were much influential in the day game. Staying quiet and looking okay is passable, but you're never going to make the endgame pair like that. The mafia wins of the previous iterations had strong dayplay from the scum players, with possible exception of the summer waltz where Luna Fox threw. I agree with Something_Smart that losing the original gentleman 1 was quite a blow.
We go extremely hard to scrutinize every warm-cold blossom of love, and we leave one of the nasties out in the pasture.
Is that not more or less obvious? Try to save the good and eliminate the bad, it hardly needs restating. Why did you believe this to be pertinent?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:37 pm

In post 36, Knight Azure wrote:Hey knights, hey knights.

You know what would be really funny, awkward, eye-soring, and perhaps give your colorful faces a few wrinkles?

A page 2 propose.

Propose: Knight Marigold
In post 44, Knight Azure wrote:
In post 41, Knight Chartreuse wrote:My only wish is to know what about Knight Marigold has taken your fancy already?
Literally the only reason is that Marigold is the closest to being my color's complementary color.
While I am flattered by the offer, I can hardly bring myself to accept such a hasty proposal, especially one based on such reasoning. I'd prefer to bond with someone who establishes trust beforehand.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:38 pm

In post 56, Knight Lavender wrote:
In post 55, Knight Marigold wrote:
In post 16, Knight Lavender wrote:
In post 12, Knight Seafoam wrote:Knight Lavender, wouldst thou share thy ancestral strategems that we might, in thy own words, become wiser in the hearing?

The false prophet put it best:

Subject: A warlock, a werewolf, and a vampire... [Game Over]
FakeGod wrote:Some more game analysis: I believe that the scum team was particularly weak this round. Getting left out as scum in pre-dance should be avoidable as long as you didn't roll 3 gentleman or something ridiculous like that, and none of the scum players were much influential in the day game. Staying quiet and looking okay is passable, but you're never going to make the endgame pair like that. The mafia wins of the previous iterations had strong dayplay from the scum players, with possible exception of the summer waltz where Luna Fox threw. I agree with Something_Smart that losing the original gentleman 1 was quite a blow.
We go extremely hard to scrutinize every warm-cold blossom of love, and we leave one of the nasties out in the pasture.
Is that not more or less obvious? Try to save the good and eliminate the bad, it hardly needs restating. Why did you believe this to be pertinent?
Twas but a shameless play for the sole purpose of getting the field to think before they leapt. Common sense is hardly assuredly common these days, after all.
I feel as though stating your beliefs directly would have been a more expedient way of getting your message across. But that's merely quibbling with your methods, I would suggest that you doing so shows good intentions.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:40 pm

In post 53, Knight Azure wrote:
In post 39, Knight Crimson wrote:My, my, I wish I could express more surprise, but honestly, I'd have been more surprised if a swift proposal didn't occur.
In all seriousness, I'm expecting this to be rejected and did it knowing that. I think it's a fun way to give this game a shake though.
What would you have thought, had I accepted?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:59 am

My goodness, someone ought to wipe the floor, it seems to have gotten rather
slippery
in here.

A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:09 am

In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Propose: Knight Marigold

I’m not feeling particularly strongly about Marigold but I do feel reasonably confident that I don’t want to see Azure paired with anyone unless the new recruit shapes up. I secretly felt the original was a little shady but held my tongue.
Now, humor of the incident aside, I find this proposal even more concerning than the first - I'd scarcely done anything to this point so I hardly see sense as to why he'd ask me, rather than anyone who was awake and actually contributing while all the noise went down last night, unless it was somehow based entirely on disliking Azure.

I'm finding it incredibly hard to differentiate the players in this game, I can't remember who is who or what has been said. I will probably have to resort to going back and taking notes to keep track of it all. I hope it gives me something because I've very little in the way of reads right now.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:12 am

In post 198, Knight Azure wrote:I keep backspacing this message

I have thoughts but I'm afraid they're stupid

Help
Stupid thoughts can still be useful if they help to show us that you are genuine. I encourage you to be free flowing with your words and see if it helps. What's the worst that can happen, you look stupid on an anonymous alt?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:16 am

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:48 am

In post 205, Knight Azure wrote:I didn't like Lavender, Seafoam when I read,

My reasons are different but they stuck the most out to me

Lavender was weird and showy, trying too hard on their opening

Then they jumped into a relationship at the drop of a hat

I think they're playing to the setup too much and that's what bothered me

No read on their partner tbh

Uh

Seafoam just gave me nothing to work with besides knight talk, but like

Other people are talking like Knights too and I could grab something from it

Seafoam was just Captain Obvious
This was entirely similar to a thought I had on Lavender I'd noted down but had yet to post. There's a dissonance between their opening and talk of wanting to "go extremely hard" and their subsequent behavior of pairing rather quickly. That wasn't a stupid thought at all!

I thought the townreads on Azure the first for behaving impulsively were premature but this post gives me the feeling they were correct.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:55 am

In post 214, Knight Chartreuse wrote:
In post 213, Knight Azure wrote:Your response to me was negative though

You said you wouldn't want me to dance

I felt kink shamed and lectured

What do you want me from me?
Stop making things sexual and make things about who you’d want to dance with and why.

It feels like this is a smokescreen for a lack of content.
Is not content?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:33 am

In post 240, Knight Lavender wrote:
In post 216, Knight Lavender wrote:
In post 211, Knight Marigold wrote:This was entirely similar to a thought I had on Lavender I'd noted down but had yet to post. There's a dissonance between their opening and talk of wanting to "go extremely hard" and their subsequent behavior of pairing rather quickly. That wasn't a stupid thought at all!
I will concur that it is not stupid at all! There is a very specific type of person that I prefer to pair with in games such as these. That said personality type was out the gates looking to get hitched forced me to play speed checkers instead of the slow and methodical chess game I'd laid out as ideal, but I regret it not. I can only hope that it pays as many dividends as prior.
Also, and forgive me if this appears as a lecture and not the genuine friendly advice and question it is intended as, but...

Why did you not hold your tongue to see if the knight in question indeed stopped giving effort and rested on their laurels before tipping your hand? Were I to be of malice, I would not have known you were tracking such efforts.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. It was never a question of effort or lack thereof for me. It was a matter of whether their actions were town motivated. I thought it best to promptly respond to the mindmeld and affirm the validity of the thought. I had also just announced I was going to try to take notes prior to that, it's not like I was ever keeping it a secret.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:34 am

In post 248, Knight Magenta wrote:
In post 63, Knight Azure wrote:
In post 61, Knight Crimson wrote:Propose to Lavender
Page 3's the charm

I support this btw.
lock town
I don't follow.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:42 am

I got a better idea of why the pair happened when I reread. Consider me making an annoyed face.

It does reduce my suspicion of Lavender, though.

Reviewing the game thread actually made me realizing that I'm drawing blanks on most players. I felt similar to Crimson on Burgundy cake's comment about not wanting to get left out, but it's the absolute thinnest of reads and not something I would stake much weight on especially now that we can't get comment from the player who posted it. I actually think Knight Rose has been fairly towny. I wasn't a fan of Beige's shade on Crimson - despite lacking a read there myself, it felt like it was reaching to an extent. I don't have a lot of thoughts worth outing beyond that.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:49 am

In post 282, Knight Chartreuse wrote:That’s why it’s only a read and not rah rah. I want new Azure to wow my socks off.

Considering the defenses that were immediate to a slot that has done almost nothing that means either I have the vibe wrong (possible) or a scum buddy is defending Azure (possible) or we have derp town (possible).

I am not looking for rah rah scum elim I am looking for a warm knight I can trust and I figured expressing my read and putting it out there is a good way to find a warm knight I trust.
You're particularly tunneled on one slot as having done "almost nothing" when I could make that assertion about half the game, most of whom I would argue have done
less
than Azure.

Digging in your heels and pulling the meta is probably town indicative if I had to say, but the focus is very strange to me.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:52 am

In post 287, Knight Azure wrote:Can we just leave Seafoam out

I feel dumb just going

Yeah

The person who is not posting must be scum

But like

Scum don't really post unless they have to

Or they like being scum
Seems a little premature to jump to this conclusion, no? Not that I'm saying they can't be scum but an absence of 19 hours in the early game does not necessarily mean one is stifled.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:04 am

In post 299, Knight Daffodil wrote:Cold take, but Crimson seems town.
Based on what?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:08 am

Nerds.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:11 pm

In post 324, Knight Crimson wrote:pedit: I sort of townread the warm knight hatred, though. Probably a little less likely to take that route as scum. Especially considering the cool knights are the ones getting eliminated right now. Plus, when faking vibes, I'd be a little less likely to scumread an entire side and townread the other. I recall a similar thing happening in the vampire dance, it's very inconvenient but sometimes that's how the playerbase is.
I care less about whether the reads are a tactic scum
would
employ (I don't really think scumreading mostly the side one is on is at all un-optimal), but what the rationale behind those reads is. The lack of justification from Burgundy is bothersome to me.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:11 pm

In post 398, Knight Indigo wrote:Hi, hello, I am here. I haven't posted much because no one seems to be online when I have time to post. And most of my free time for mafia is being eat up by trying to catch up reading in a game full of fluffy posts. Everybody scum reading me for low activity is inherently scummy though and I'm willing to prove it by not dancing with anyone so you all can see my flip. I assume I don't need to get into the nitty gritty of why scum reading low activity players is +scum for whoever does so.
How does no one being online prevent you from commenting on the events that have already transpired?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:19 pm

That's not really true, but okay
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:38 pm

I have 0 qualms about leaving Indigo out of the game if this is how they're going to play, and if they're town the blame lies entirely with them. I don't have the patience to try to force someone to play.

I liked both Azure and Chartreuse, on balance. I'm less certain of their partners here. I don't feel that Burgundy or Beige have especially towntold.

I feel like I'm being avoided this game. By the time I reached Daffodil's comment about not remembering anything I've posted, it started to unsettle me. I don't feel as though I've been especially opaque but I can scarcely draw a comment from most people. Magenta actually bothering to respond to something I said with a townread flattered me enough that I might say sod it and just work with them.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:42 pm

I guess Chartreuse-Beige isn't official yet, even though I'm treating it like it is. A lot of people seem to be weakly townreading them, but I just...don't see it. There's some questioning, some quibbling with others over their reads, one spot of weak shade against Crimson, but not a whole lot I would say is truly town-indicative. What am I missing here?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:44 pm

In post 412, Knight Marigold wrote:I guess Chartreuse-Beige isn't official yet, even though I'm treating it like it is. A lot of people seem to be weakly townreading them, but I just...don't see it. There's some questioning, some quibbling with others over their reads, one spot of weak shade against Crimson, but not a whole lot I would say is truly town-indicative. What am I missing here?
I realize that post is terribly ambiguous. I'm referring to Beige in the above. I feel as though Chartreuse is decently more likely to be town than not.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:47 pm

Did it become unfun when you opened your role PM?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:20 pm

I wonder if Gamma's proposal counted since he slipped when making it. Probably not. And I wouldn't cut off an active proposal for my own selfish desires. But the temptation was there.

Of the remaining cools, I struggle to form an opinion. I had like magenta's recent posting, because it seemed have forthright opinions and was actually trying to evaluate things. Reading the ISO I'm reminded of how troll-y they appeared early. Not that such behavior is a surefire sign of a Cultist, but I can't associate it with that of a true Knight. Seafoam's catchup was generic. I want nothing to do with Indigo. The Rainbow Knight...seems almost to be expecting people to be competing for her based on her role? She has more that I like than the others, but she feels rather...
restrained
so far.

Rainbow Knight seems set on Daffodl as it is, and that is fine with me, as I feel like if Rainbow is town, she might have a hard time trusting me.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:22 pm

I think Rose continues to validate my earlier feelings of them being town.
In post 426, Knight Rose wrote:My take is actually that if there's scum within the first palette, it would be Lavender.
Why her, in particular?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:37 pm

I don't really agree with the read but I don't doubt its sincerity. I think the dynamic between her and Crimson is...unusual. It was throwing me off at first as well. I'm not going to be able to explain it in a good way. But I think outside of that her posts have been acceptable, town-leaning even for me simply for seemingly actually
wanting
to solve.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:21 pm

I was typing out an answer and realized it probably comes too close to breaking the rules. So I'll just say I'm not sure we'd be compatible, and I'd be worried you'd get paranoid. Perhaps I misjudge you. But that is the impression I get.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:25 am

Shrug, I couldn't possibly tell you who'd be "winning" or "losing" right now. My problem is that the breakdown came largely unbidden and with a refusal to even attempt to make sense of the game prior to that. I can't really assume that to be inherently towny, because I'd expect at least some semblance of an effort. To immediately resort to the emotions just comes across as hollow.

Largely, I don't care to read into Indigo's alignment because I expect them to get flipped sooner rather than later, so what's the point? If they're scum, great, if they're town they were contributing nothing. It's not worth
nearly
the amount of handwringing that has transpired so far.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:27 am

In post 446, Knight Burgundy wrote:Knight Seafoam - Strong town
Really? What have they posted to merit as position as one of your strongest townreads, ahead of almost everyone else?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:30 am

Well, the situation changes at least. I still lean on 1ndigo's behavior being scum-indicative but I'd like to hear from the replacement in the event they aren't.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:31 am

In post 456, Knight Lavender wrote:My timing could not have been more tragic.

Alas.
Not true, you could have been the one who spat on the player right before the replacement was announced.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:37 am

In post 459, Knight Indigo wrote:
In post 453, Ydrasse wrote:
  • [3] Unpaired Cool Knights:

Knight Indigo
    Knight Magenta
    Knight Seafoam

[2] Unpaired Warm Knights:

Knight Marigold
    Knight Rose
[4] Current Palettes:

Knight Crimson - Knight Lavender
Knight Burgundy - Knight Azure
Knight Beige - Knight Chartreuse
Knight Daffodil - The Rainbow Knight

The deadline is in (expired on 2021-10-08 19:30:58).
I don’t really have any reads yet but I guess I have to hope that one of Rose/Marigold are town and want me or I will be one of those sad knights sitting in the bleachers to bad music watching everyone else have fun.
Not a good first impression. Your immediate concern shouldn't be with your own survival but trying to read the game and root out cultists. I want to see that before there's any discussion of joining a palette.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:43 am

My plan, at least prior to the announcement, had been to propose to Seafoam. I don't really have anything close to a strong town read on him but I feel as though I might be able to get a better handle on his alignment if I were able to converse with him. While I'm flattered by Magenta's townread of me, since it felt like the first time anyone has deigned to interact with me in a meaningful way, I'm just not sure we'd work well together. (I also must confess I'm slightly paranoid that I appear townier to scum than I do to town).

Not really an ideal situation, but it's the price I pay for my shyness.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:50 am

In post 464, Knight Indigo wrote:Wow, tough crowd. I disagree with you and I wasn’t expecting to be immediately paired ftr. What part of I don’t have any reads yet, did you miss?
*Shrug* Making the comment in the first place raised my hackles. I disliked that being where your attention went to immediately.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:53 am

In post 312, Knight Burgundy wrote:Knight Crimson - Lean Scum
Knight Daffodil - Lean Scum
In post 446, Knight Burgundy wrote:Knight Crimson - Lean town
Knight Daffodil - Lean town
Burgundy, can you explain your progression on these two as well? Daffodil made a single reads list between these two posts, and that was apparently enough to reverse your read?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #489 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:06 am

In post 486, Knight Beige wrote:
In post 472, Knight Marigold wrote:
In post 312, Knight Burgundy wrote:Knight Crimson - Lean Scum
Knight Daffodil - Lean Scum
In post 446, Knight Burgundy wrote:Knight Crimson - Lean town
Knight Daffodil - Lean town
Burgundy, can you explain your progression on these two as well? Daffodil made a single reads list between these two posts, and that was apparently enough to reverse your read?
Good catch. Didn't they call me town earlier, too?
That is correct, but the arc of those two reads interested me more because I'm not entirely sure what motivated the change. (I'm biased because I don't really trust you either)
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (isolation #39) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:23 am

Hello! ^_^
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #524 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:59 am

In post 512, Knight Indigo wrote:
In post 510, Knight Magenta wrote:
propose to marigold

tbh i think both marigold and rose are town
Don’t accept Marigold, your instinct I believe is right on Seafoam.
Raising an eyebrow at this. I don't feel as though I expressed any instinct on Seafoam's alignment, simply that I might be able to read them better through one on one interaction than the scant few posts they've made in the game thread so far.

I'd be grateful if anyone who has expressed a townread of Seafoam could actually elaborate on it, I'd like to hear the reasoning for it.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:44 am

In post 529, Knight Indigo wrote:
In post 524, Knight Marigold wrote:
In post 512, Knight Indigo wrote:
In post 510, Knight Magenta wrote:
propose to marigold

tbh i think both marigold and rose are town
Don’t accept Marigold, your instinct I believe is right on Seafoam.
Raising an eyebrow at this. I don't feel as though I expressed any instinct on Seafoam's alignment, simply that I might be able to read them better through one on one interaction than the scant few posts they've made in the game thread so far.

I'd be grateful if anyone who has expressed a townread of Seafoam could actually elaborate on it, I'd like to hear the reasoning for it.
I could obviously be wrong on Seafoam but I tr them more than Magenta. What’s townie about them? I would really love to know.
Are you just being willfully obtuse at this point? I asked for elaboration on your read. Instead you respond by questioning a read I never gave. It's like you avoiding trying to explain yourself.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:55 am

In post 536, Knight Indigo wrote:This was my response to you Marigold, maybe I’m not the one being “willfully obtuse”?
I typed my reply in the time between you posting and . Somehow I missed the further response in the preview. Apologies. That doesn't really explain anything to me, though. You liked another post of theirs in but there's been no elaboration or explanation of why you townread those posts. Can you give something more?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #552 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:00 pm

I'm close to deciding but I'd just like someone, anyone who likes Seafoam, to elaborate on their read there.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #554 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:02 pm

In post 550, Knight Crimson wrote:I like Seafoam.
Words, please? I only need a sentence or two, just something more than indigo.
Knight Crimson wrote:God I can't even get the names of colours right
It's okay, just play it off like it was an intentional joke, ha ha~
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:48 pm

Appreciate the analysis, Crimson. Very impressed. Was looking for some comment that would give clarity, and you not only delivered but went above and beyond.

Here's what I think is happening: Indigo and Magenta are both scum and are distancing from each other. Indigo is making underexplained and scummy arguments to play into my stated distrust of their slot to try to reverse psychology me into forming a palette with Magenta. The fact that they continue to offer little in the way of explanation makes me think they
want
their opinion to go unlistened to. Well, if it's a feint I'm not going to fall for it. If Indigo is scum with Magenta, I think Burgundy is plausible as the third, simply for their sketchy progression on a number of slots that they can't seem to back up.

So I'm going to propose to Seafoam. I feel bad for Rose, I really do believe they are town and I think I'm leaving them with no good choices. Had fate seen fit to give me a Cool role instead of a Warm one, I'd have snatched them up ages ago. Alas, the roll of the dice has not been kind to me. Of course, if I'm wrong I think Indigo should be given a chance to form real reads, and I apologize for my dismissive attitude. I'm simply going with what seems like the most plausible theory to me right now.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #561 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:28 pm

Why did I say what? I don't understand the question. I wanted someone to explain their read on you because a few people had called you town but no one had really justified it. I wanted some clarity so I could feel a little more comfortable with my decision, and also just so I could get someone to commit to some form of a read. The second part is just friendly banter.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:03 pm

I was sort of hoping for more reactions to my declaration. Seems I'll have to do without.

Propose to Knight Seafoam

Seafoam, would you like to form a palette and smush around with me?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:15 pm

For the record I think it's mechanically subpar to leave 3 unpaired, in the event all flip town. Not that I think that's extremely probable, but I like to hedge. (I'm assuming 3 cultists. It's not actually explicitly stated anywhere that I can see. But 2 would probably be too townsided)
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #620 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:48 am

In post 581, Ydrasse wrote:

Knight Marigold and Knight Seafoam have formed a Palette!
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:26 am

I do apologize if I'm wrong, Indigo, it's just that when I ask for an explanation of a townread and get a post quoted with the only reasoning being "this is townie", while the post itself looks like something anyone could say, my first impulse is that the read is of a TMI nature.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1257 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:32 pm

I have thoughts, but none of them are polite, so I'll be staying quiet.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1269 (isolation #52) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:37 pm

I will say I'm really incredibly unhappy with certain aspects of how this played out, and not just in a "I'm mad we lost" sense.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Marigold
Knight Marigold
Townie
Knight Marigold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1278 (isolation #53) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:44 pm

In post 1270, Knight Chartreuse wrote:Obviously GG folks I need to alt more :)

Hopefully nothing I did marigold?
No, you were fine.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”