Mini 2243: Chromatic Ascension || Game Over!

Knight Chartreuse
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Knight Chartreuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Knight Chartreuse »

In post 824, Knight Daffodil wrote:I'm less likely to scumhunt while you're ordering me around and talking down to me. So kindly piss off with that.
Then don’t talk down to the whole thread with “we’re gonna lose” and “let’s aim for something that may not exist”. Because it brings down the morale of the whole game. So piss off with that. Identify who is scum. I don’t want this wishy washy what if crap.

If you think Beige is scum push Beige.
If you think I am scum push me.

If you’re unsure ask.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Lavender
Knight Lavender
Townie
Knight Lavender
Townie
Townie

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Knight Lavender »

There were my reads during my reread over night two, independent of pairings:

{Chartreuse, Marigold, Rainbow, Crimson}

{Indigo, Daffodil}

{Beige, Seafoam}

{Rose}

The flip of a "middle to lower" pack T-T pair makes me think we're going full on mind games, as I mentioned before. I suspect we've got a S-S pair with a deepwolf paired to a non-deepwolf.

Now the currently living pairings with my original reads applied...

Knight Crimson - Knight Lavender

Knight Beige
-
Knight Chartreuse

Knight Daffodil
-
The Rainbow Knight

Knight Rose
-
Knight Indigo

I don't have enough scum in there.... If there's a S-S pairing, it pretty much has to be Rose-Indigo..... but with how the end of day zero went down, I'm not really sure that it's the case? If I take back the rainbow hood stuff I set aside, it is POSISBLE that rainbow-daffy are both extremely competent deep wolf players and that's why everything feels lopsided. Crimson is 50000000% town and the only way they die if by leaving the dance or we get voted, I am 100% firm that crimmy's town and never leaving. I had flashes of paranoia but then I re-read the day one ISO.

Rainbow.... what made you choose to neighborize me exactly?

Do people think that rainbow could have genuinely missed the reads I sent her?
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Daffodil
Knight Daffodil
Goon
Knight Daffodil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Knight Daffodil »

In post 826, Knight Lavender wrote:Do people think that rainbow could have genuinely missed the reads I sent her?
I can't see what scum agenda lying about it could possibly serve.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
The Rainbow Knight
The Rainbow Knight
Townie
The Rainbow Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by The Rainbow Knight »

How does it make sense to be Rose - Indigo? Rose wasn't even trying to pair with Indigo at the end?

I neighbored you because You/Crimson were both me/daffodil's highest townread pair in the game and we wanted to chat with you about reads etc.

Also I liked your roleplaying and we both share an affinity for playing support in League of Legends - my favorite character is Sona.
Knight Lavender
Knight Lavender
Townie
Knight Lavender
Townie
Townie

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Knight Lavender »

In post 827, Knight Daffodil wrote:
In post 826, Knight Lavender wrote:Do people think that rainbow could have genuinely missed the reads I sent her?
I can't see what scum agenda lying about it could possibly serve.
The logical side of me knows this, but the monkey-brain side feels something is amiss, and monkey-me tends to win more endgames than human brain.

It's why I'm blatantly asking for extra input.
A
COOL
KNIGHT.
Knight Beige
Knight Beige
Townie
Knight Beige
Townie
Townie

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Knight Beige »

If they were color coded like above it would be pretty hard to miss. At the same time did they ever respond to your reads?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Beige
Knight Beige
Townie
Knight Beige
Townie
Townie

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Knight Beige »

In post 828, The Rainbow Knight wrote:How does it make sense to be Rose - Indigo? Rose wasn't even trying to pair with Indigo at the end?
Why does that matter?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Beige
Knight Beige
Townie
Knight Beige
Townie
Townie

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Knight Beige »

Oh you mean for s-s?

I also think that is unlikely
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Beige
Knight Beige
Townie
Knight Beige
Townie
Townie

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Knight Beige »

I want to see too
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Daffodil
Knight Daffodil
Goon
Knight Daffodil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:01 pm

FWIW, Rainbow never mentioned much of anything to me about anything Lavender had said.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Beige
Knight Beige
Townie
Knight Beige
Townie
Townie

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Knight Beige »

I thought I was pretty widely townread yesterday but everyone seems to have me at null or scum. Did I misinterpret or was there a big reads shift?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Knight Rose »

Ok, so I will acknowledge that we are in quite a tight situation right now. I think we just relax and go one by one. There's not really any need to identity the T-T pairing; we just need to hit on a pairing with scum each day.
I don't really think that there is a S-S pairing this game. But even if there is, I don't get why we need to specifically hunt for that pairing. Just hunt for the individual most likely to be scum IMO.
Regarding the night kill, I think the two explanations are that either scum are WIFOMing or that they eliminated the towniest T-T pairing (as others have mentioned). If they are WIFOMing, I don't really see any signs of people trying to take advantage of it. Rainbow-Daffodil seem to be focused on right now, but that seems more of a result of their actual actions. Personally, I think the simpler explanation might just be correct which would imply that Indigo is town.
Regarding my own read on Indigo, I think my main concerns are the actions of the original Indigo and her confidence in me being town. I still can't really wrap my head around how OG Indigo played, but ig the second reason is more reconcilable. At least for me, I feel like I would be more inclined to townread my partner just because of that status. It's pretty easy to get pocketed in these games and pretty easy to feel like you have to defend ur partner. I guess that actually hasn't really happened this game (from Azure's yolo to people generally being suspicious of their partners today).
But at the same time, I do view townreading your partner as slightly town indicative for similar reasons. Scum have TMI and be willing to scumread their partner, but town might just naturally TR their partners regardless.
Idk how much this actually says (in terms of making coherent points), but those were basically my thoughts heading into today. I'll actually try to respond to/comment on individual posts rn.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Knight Rose »

@Chartreuse
Probably everyone except for maybe Crimson?
In post 835, Knight Beige wrote:I thought I was pretty widely townread yesterday but everyone seems to have me at null or scum. Did I misinterpret or was there a big reads shift?
Well, we are in a sort of endgame right now. I definitely think that plays a factor into things. Everyone here (except for maybe me/Indigo) was viewed as townie before, but that can't be true now so it makes sense that you are null.
Do you think anyone is scummy for shifting you down in their reads?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Knight Rose »

I think a big question is what purpose we think Rainbow's role is. The flavor sort of treats Rainbow as town (but tbf everyone is town in flavor). Idk I wonder what y'all think.
Also, I think lack of motivation might be more townie than not. Scum should probably have a lot of energy at this point which is why I'm still sort of lean town on Daffodil. My "secret" day one thought was that it was cool that all the flowers were town. That also makes me not as big of a fan wrt Chart's recent words towards Daffodil.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by Knight Rose »

In post 710, The Rainbow Knight wrote:the seafoam kill really is throwing me for a loop because Daffodil said he suspected seafoam and now seafoam is dead so I don't know if he would kill his own suspect just to make me townread him.

But he's also telling me he feels uneasy about me which implies he will be leaving me at some point and I'm not sure if it's performative or real.
I don't think you can really read into Daffodil's comments on Seafoam.
I also don't think "feeling uneasy"="leave at some point".
In post 727, Knight Chartreuse wrote:I expect scum are more desperate than town because they have to shade the dual town hood.
I mean they do have time and opportunity to bus/set up for later days. There won't be any nightkills from now. I would think town are quite desperate right now.

Also, I now think maybe Chart isn't scummy for pushing Daff and maybe it's just playstyle conflict.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Beige
Knight Beige
Townie
Knight Beige
Townie
Townie

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by Knight Beige »

I think rainbow's role was decided before rainbow's alignment, and so we should read their actions instead.

I think that thinking "they would be an ic if they were town" is a silly thought. IC is something decided before alignments are randed.

Rose, what do you like from Crimson?

Also yes, I think the shift on reads of me needs more explanation than "there's less people now"
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Knight Rose »

Lol I thought Lavender-Rainbow was w-w, but I think they take the reads thing further as scum buddies. idk
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Knight Rose »

In post 840, Knight Beige wrote:Rose, what do you like from Crimson?
Basically what others have already said. His reads + tone seem to be genuine.
I'm still a little confused what you mean by role decided before alignment (you mentioned this earlier too).
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Beige
Knight Beige
Townie
Knight Beige
Townie
Townie

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Knight Beige »

In post 842, Knight Rose wrote:
In post 840, Knight Beige wrote:Rose, what do you like from Crimson?
Basically what others have already said. His reads + tone seem to be genuine.
I'm still a little confused what you mean by role decided before alignment (you mentioned this earlier too).
the rainbow knight's special rolse was decided, and then alignments were randed (so it can be a town or scum role)

Vs them randing town/scum and being given the role afterwards
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Rose
Knight Rose
Townie
Knight Rose
Townie
Townie

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Knight Rose »

Oh yea I agree. I'm just wondering whether it's more likely that such a role would be given to town or scum.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Daffodil
Knight Daffodil
Goon
Knight Daffodil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:36 pm

In post 838, Knight Rose wrote:My "secret" day one thought was that it was cool that all the flowers were town.
Is it dumb to townread this line?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Daffodil
Knight Daffodil
Goon
Knight Daffodil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:37 pm

There I go with the rhetorical questions again.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Beige
Knight Beige
Townie
Knight Beige
Townie
Townie

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Knight Beige »

In post 844, Knight Rose wrote:Oh yea I agree. I'm just wondering whether it's more likely that such a role would be given to town or scum.
That's what I'm trying to say: It's random. Their alignment is just as random as anybody elses, regardless of their role
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Knight Crimson »

In post 789, Knight Chartreuse wrote:
In post 788, Knight Beige wrote:Why is Crimson off the table for you?
I think let’s run an experiment:

Who is on the table for each player? No explanations just answer it. I have a theory.
Lavender, Beige, Rainbow, Rose

Interestingly, I'm not sure I see a S/S pair. Eeeeehhhh that's not exactly true. What a pain.
A
WARM
KNIGHT.
Knight Crimson
Knight Crimson
Goon
Knight Crimson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Knight Crimson »

If there's an S/S pairing we probably snipe it because both of them aren't deepwolves, likely just one.

Lavender love, I suppose your townread on me is so strong you assume there must be a S/S pair? The kill doesn't make much sense if we're the only T/T pair.

I won't discount the possibility. I hope we find them, and quickly, if we are on the same team.

Curious to hear how Rainbow missed our readslist. Seriously, what is up with the neighbourhood?
A
WARM
KNIGHT.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”