he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:57 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 10, innocentvillager wrote:no flashwagons please

I’m finally town lol

What's wrong with flash wagons? I like them.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:00 am

Post by numberQ »

Granted I haven't played this setup before, so idk what strategies are known to be good if any
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 60, T3 wrote:VOTE: pavovski
k
What was bad about Pav's vote when it was basically just your vote a few posts prior, +1? Bad enough to put a serious vote on them, even.
cowsloveSushirolls wrote:ok here's a super awesome readslist that i may or may not elaborate on later
not ordered. assume people not mentioned are null

schadd
iv
strange
null:
pooky
t3
evil:
almost50 and number1 are tvs

pocketed by: (???)
clemency
idk what tvs is but this number1 fellow is definitely scum, yes.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by numberQ »

Oh wait, tvs = town vs scum, right? Been a while since I played, I've forgotten some of the jargon.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:26 am

Post by numberQ »

I was typing up my thoughts on each iso, until I realized that this game has been 90% shitposting even 4 pages in. With the exception of IV and T3. A50, cows, and schadd have have put out
some
actual thought and content, but still within that 90% margin. Everyone else has either done barely anything, or has done nothing but shitpost.

So I guess with basically only that to go on, I like IV and T3 for town and I'm pretty null on everyone else.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:12 am

Post by numberQ »

Yknow I actually forgot that scum instantly lose if they're eliminated D1. I'm trying to understand if there's some balance consideration behind that. I guess the chances of a scum victory drastically decrease if one dies D1, to the point that it just makes more sense to end the game? Or maybe it's just a quirk of the ruleset that N_M thought would be fun, no clue lol

Regardless, IV's analysis makes a lot of sense to me. I don't particularly see a reason to remove my vote yet, but if the wagon gains momentum I probably would without something exceedingly scummy coming from Clem.
schadd_ wrote:VOTE: cows love sushi rolls
sweet rvs
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:45 am

Post by numberQ »

Why isn't it?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by numberQ »

Alright let me catch up
In post 97, schadd_ wrote:well i can tell you i chose a person to vote based on their posting
Oh well in that case carry on. But no really, would have loved to hear an actual reason for the vote.

---

There's one point of charlemagne's I particularly agree with, that we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/1. I want to see reactions from people under pressure, and if scum do bumrush a wagon like that near the end, that seems like some prime explode bait to me. I think if it really is just a meme wagon with no substance or scrutiny, sure, avoid that. But the memery has slowed down and there's a lot of actual scumhunting going on, so I'm all for the wagoning.

---

Idk why A50's rubs me the wrong way.

---

Clemency's offer to put his explode to a vote could be a scum ploy, but it feels genuine to me. Tempted to remove my vote. Also the wagon's gone so there's no pressure anymore, what's the point

---

IV's response to charlemagne in actually makes a lot of sense. I like the "spirit vote" thing. Like something with slightly more conviction than a FOS. I still want wagons but could compromise and be okay with FOS-ing at L-2.

---

What's with the cow wagon? I iso'd him and it didn't strike me particularly scummy.

---
In post 145, Almost50 wrote:
In post 141, innocentvillager wrote:I say 1 more max and the 6th vote is a scumclaim.
In post 143, Clemency wrote:yeah i can live with that
VOTE: cows
VOTE: cows

Just because IV says it'd be a scumclaim! :twisted:
Would scum do this after the whole debate over L-1ing being bad or not? At this point in my catch up this feels like A50 doing exactly what IV warned about, i.e., scum meme-ing their way into a quick hammer.
In post 150, Almost50 wrote:ooh

UNVOTE:
Then this happens. What prompted the unvote? Not much happened between those two quoted posts except Clem unvoting and IV asking someone to unvote. And since Clem did unvote... why did A50?

Oh IV asks the same thing a post later lol. And A50's response is :eyeroll:

---
In post 157, innocentvillager wrote:honestly, I’m a little worried that scum haven’t been pushing away from cows really/trying to get him off the hot seat, because he’s been at 3-4 votes for a decent amt of time at this point
Interesting take, not sure I agree though. 3-4 votes seems like it'd be bearable for scum even with the added pressure of the insta-lose. And there's been so much hesitance from several players including yourself to leave people at high L-#s, that the pressure may even be deflating because of it.

---

Still not sure what the cows wagon is about as of page 8, in fact his last few posts lean more town than scum imo.

---

VOTE: Almost50
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:38 am

Post by numberQ »

Some weird parts that stuck out to me in cow's 201:
In post 201, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 19, numberQ wrote:
In post 10, innocentvillager wrote:no flashwagons please

I’m finally town lol
What's wrong with flash wagons? I like them.
likes flashwagons, doesn't participate in one right in front of him. feelsbad (and as silly as it is for me to suggest this, gives points to enchant/numberq?)
There was no flash wagon happening when I said that
like i think number's kinda scummy but the ball of wifom comes into play when you think about what the average scum pt here would have
like i'd imagine it would dive into mechanics/the scum gameplan right away since the game's supposed to be fast paced

number's oblivious to both of these which if he's mafia i'd imagine would only make sense if neither of his partners bothered to talk about it or he's wifoming it up with whatever scumteam
and i think the former's more likely than the latter because it's super ballsy to fake townslip (for lack of a better phrase) twice and not do anything when nobody bites
What do you mean that I'm oblivious to the mechanics/scum gameplan? The former, okay sure, I asked about strategies and had forgotten about the insta-lose thing. But at best that's null imo, scum could easily fake lack of knowledge, and even more easily probe for town strats. As for the latter, how would you know whether or not I'm oblivious to the scum gameplan? Not sure what was meant by that statement.
so the questions if you want to tinfoil are

- who are we looking for?
- are those people that fall under the above scummy?
i'll find that out tomorrow i guess
I want to answer this but I also want time to think it through, I'll put a pin in it until later.
so yeah, i actually don't have any suspects LOL
but i did think that while making this post that i'm cutting clemency and strangematter too much slack so i think that i start there
Felt like you were building a case on me there, is the "townslipping would be too ballsy" logic really strong enough to start probing elsewhere?

---

I'm at work right now and haven't done much but skim after 201, will post more thoughts later tonight.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by numberQ »

Kind of doing this piecemeal, so there may be more I want to comment on between my last post and this one. Wanted to get this out though.
In post 210, Pavowski wrote:VOTE: cows

The vote on strange makes no sense, and somehow putting Clem and Strange on similar footing here also makes no sense
Gonna move my vote due to this post. A50 feels like a dead end anyway, didn't really get a reaction like I wanted other than what looks like OMGUS retaliation. Which, maybe a scumtell? But eh I don't think so. Plus, after some reflection I think it's just his posting style that I struggle to understand. Which is not necessarily scummy.

Pav on the other hand is pinging me hard with this one. Made me look through his iso, and every single post can come from a scum or null POV. Very little looks town-oriented imo.

ISO 0-3 are RVS or contentless, which is fine for early game.

ISO 4 is him giving me town points because I basically said "everyone's shitposting so what do?" Not sure I get why that's +town. I was not under too much scrutiny at the time aside from a single vote from A50, so this feels like scum!Pav pretending to analyze.

ISO 5 is unvoting Clem, I assume because RVS was over. Null.

ISO 6 is giving out a few vague yet fairly popular reads. Again, scum pretending to analyze without rocking the boat.

ISO 7 + 8 are null.

ISO 9 is the one I quoted at the top of the post, and it feels so weird. Why does the Strange vote make no sense? I mean, okay, I was kind of saying the same thing in my last post when I found it odd that cows was analyzing me so much then turned around to vote Strange. But Pav doesn't mention that at all, for some reason it's cows mentioning Clem that is suspicious? I don't buy it. This is scum!Pav finding a reason to jump on a wagon.

ISO 10 is null.

ISO 11 + 12 is IIOA. Scumtell only with other scummy context, which in this case, means it's a scumtell.

VOTE: Pavowski

Is anyone getting a different read from Pav's ISO?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 237, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 200, numberQ wrote:[snip]

I want to see reactions from people under pressure, and if scum do bumrush a wagon like that near the end, that seems like some prime explode bait to me. I think if it really is just a meme wagon with no substance or scrutiny, sure, avoid that. But the memery has slowed down and there's a lot of actual scumhunting going on, so I'm all for the wagoning.
Can you explain why we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/L-1?
I snipped out my post that you quoted but left the part where I explicitly explain why we shouldn't be afraid of L-2/L-1. Is my explanation unsatisfactory and/or do you disagree?

---

I like cow's 244, particularly the last part. Puts his 201 in a context I wasn't getting at the time.

---

2 votes on Strange. 1 from cow on the basis that cow thinks he's cutting Strange too much slack, but then as far as I can tell slack continues to be cut. And the 2nd from charlemagne because Strange is "slippery". I'm kind of null on Strange right now, would love to hear if there's anything concrete behind these votes. charlemagne already said he'll elaborate later - @cows, what's with the vote and subsequent ignoring of Strange?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by numberQ »

Oh I missed that part of 245. I guess that's what I get for bouncing around the thread so much during catch up.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:01 am

Post by numberQ »

@charlemagne, 2 questions

1) Not sure I'm grokking what the -rand and +rand syntax means that you keep using, can you clarify?

2) Your case on Strange feels very similar to my case on Pav. ISO full of either null, fluff, or scumlean posts. Do you get the same impression from my analysis on ?

---

As for this D2 strategy talk, I don't know. A50's proposal that we should pick 3 ordered pairs isn't a terrible one, unless the person picking them is scum. I mean hell, if we accidentally give scum that power, I could see them totally bussing one of their teammates since it'll no longer be insta-lose and that would give them massive town cred. This isn't me saying I necessarily think IV is scum, to be clear.

charlemagne's idea of building a map of the most scumread players does mitigate that risk, though D1 scumreads are... iffy at best I'd say, without any flips to build associations. It could make sense to rebuild that map on D2, though then the strategy is tainted somewhat. What I like about the original proposal is that it sort of "locks" us in without it immediately killing us if we're wrong. Commitment hurts scum imo. Bleeding the map over into D2 reads makes that less pure.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:02 am

Post by numberQ »

double post edit: I do not understand post tags, I keep fucking them up. Question #2 in my last post should have pointed towards 248 (url tags are much easier)
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:16 am

Post by numberQ »

I'm not really getting the cows wagon. I've liked a lot of his posts as town.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by numberQ »

This game sure slowed down.

I'm gonna list my top 3 scum reads since we need to go into D2 with some kind of strategy. And maybe it'll, I dunno, generate some discussion.

Pavowski
Strange
Almost50

Wasn't sure whether to put A50 or T3 in the third slot, could probably be convinced to swap one for the other. Also this isn't based on interactions between them at all, I haven't sat down and thought what one of them being scum would imply for the others.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 315, innocentvillager wrote:one thing weird about the coordination thing is like

if we tell townie X to blow player Y up, why would they blow up player Y if they actually think player Z is more likely to be scum

there's no reason for them to not just blow up whoever they think is most likely to be scum right

so maybe we should just tell the scummiest players to blow themselves up on whoever they want
So what, do we vote to decide the scummiest player, and turn this setup into regular mafia but everyone gets a vig on elim?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by numberQ »

what life, this is mafia
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:55 am

Post by numberQ »

Pavowski wrote:To provide some content, I actually like cows a little more over the last few posts, and self-voting is something scum won't do here as it's directly against wincon. But claiming "I'll self-vote" isn't self-voting.

Also, the wagon on Cows looks pretty good to me, with the exception of maybe t3, but I always scumread t3 so...

Meanwhile the counter wagon on Q is ... Not good
Why does the cows wagon look good if you think cows has been looking more town lately?

Do you think there's scum voting me right now?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:42 am

Post by numberQ »

Gotta say I'm still pretty happy with the top two slots in my scum readlist.
In post 338, Pavowski wrote:
In post 333, T3 wrote:no wim
Sorry I am dumb, what is wim?
I also don't know what this means. But I just ignored it lol
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:15 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 348, schadd_ wrote:well i kind of think enchant is town because of their low post count though (however i would put like 2% stock in that)
I can see a low post count giving you scum vibes, but what makes it give you town vibes? Even 2% vibeness.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:33 am

Post by numberQ »

Wtf even is the case on cows? I think it's probably scattered throughout the last few pages but I don't have time to look through it right now. I can later, if the day is still going. But since we're at E-1 I'd love a summary from someone who actually thinks he's scum. Because personally, I think he's looked null-to-town for most of the game, and especially town lately.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:36 am

Post by numberQ »

True, I haven't heard of any witches walking around today...
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:29 am

Post by numberQ »

Hey everyone jumping off the cows wagon, the Pav wagon is nice and cozy over here, plus Pav is scum so
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:29 am

Post by numberQ »

That is interesting, but does it have any merit this game? There's definitely some real action on the cows wagon, but if even half of it is memery then does it draw any parallels to those first two games? Looking back at VCs for cows, I do townread the earlier players on the wagon more than the later players.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 435, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 434, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok who r u scum with
idk i looked at the plist again and i don't really see a scumteam that i'd have fun with

cows/numberq/a50 locking this in
Those aren't my scum partners :roll:
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by numberQ »

I'm trying to think through what scum resistance to the cows wagon would mean, like Pooky + charlemagne have said.

Skimming back through the thread it looks like myself, Clem, Pav, and T3 have resisted the wagon in one way or another. Very possible I missed someone giving cows a townread or unvoting him, but this is what's stuck out to me. All three of them have voted cows, Pav is the only one still voting him. So if scum is purposefully steering us away from cows, then it seems to imply Pav is town, which... ehhhhh.

However, I will admit that (if you squint a little), the timing of T3's and then Clem's unvotes could look somewhat planned. If I wasn't about to go to bed I'd pursue that thought a little more, maybe something to analyze tomorrow.
In post 404, charlemagne wrote: [snip]
and i feel pretty strongly that the votes in this game point towards the scumteam *not* being on the cows wagon. whether that's intentional or cows is just scum, i can't say i'm sure.
The "whether that's intentional" part of your post reads to me like you think there's a scenario where cows is town, but scum is still trying to steer us away from his wagon. Only reason I can think they'd do that is if they expect him to blow up a townie, or vice versa. Was that what you meant?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by numberQ »

Honestly I'm getting tempted to push for cows just because he's the biggest wagon and it seems like half the player list just wants the day to pass so we can all blow up. Which is kind of a weird part of this setup if you think about it. The fun part is ostensibly the blowy up part, but the blowy up part never happens if scum gets elimmed. So we're kind of incentivized to play against win con. Bizarre.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 486, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 480, numberQ wrote:Honestly I'm getting tempted to push for cows just because he's the biggest wagon and it seems like half the player list just wants the day to pass so we can all blow up. Which is kind of a weird part of this setup if you think about it. The fun part is ostensibly the blowy up part, but the blowy up part never happens if scum gets elimmed. So we're kind of incentivized to play against win con. Bizarre.
could you rehash your read of why i'm town again?
You've been pretty active in discussions and scumhunting, which by itself is not a conftown tell by any means, but it's significantly better than a lot of players have been doing this game. Granted in this setup it's hard to distinguish between players looking scummy because they're scum, and players looking scummy because they're meme lords, but even the meme lords in this game look more townish than my scumreads.

So to summarize my answer, I like your scumhunting + POE.

---

PS to everyone, I'm feeling sick yesterday and today, so idk how active I'll be.

PPS, I could get behind an A50 wagon if it picks up steam, even though I think Pav is more scummy.

---

And on that note,
@Pav
, was 488 the catalyst for you voting A50 or was there another reason? Same question
@Clem

pedit: :giggle:
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by numberQ »

of course it's when I feel like shit physically that this game gets active. Not sure I'll be catching up tonight. But from a quick skim I see there's a new wagon on Pooky I'm not sure I understand, which may be because my brain is only semi-functional right now. Also I'm flabbergasted that NO ONE else sees Pav as scum? Maybe I'm tunneling too hard but I just keep seeing a scum mindset behind his posting.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:21 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 595, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 594, numberQ wrote:of course it's when I feel like shit physically that this game gets active. Not sure I'll be catching up tonight. But from a quick skim I see there's a new wagon on Pooky I'm not sure I understand, which may be because my brain is only semi-functional right now. Also I'm flabbergasted that NO ONE else sees Pav as scum? Maybe I'm tunneling too hard but I just keep seeing a scum mindset behind his posting.
I looked through their ISO after reading this, but I don't see the continuous scum mindset you're seeing behind his posts. Can you please explain that a lot more?
My 248 steps through his early posting. After that, the only thing that I feel looks remotely townie is his 448.

But idk. I'm losing confidence in the read, I was excited at first because I thought I saw something but it kind of feels like I'm shouting into a void since it's getting drowned out by other discussions. I feel totally of whack with the rest of the town, everyone's got some massive obsession with the cows wagon while I haven't felt particularly strongly about it aside from a townread on cows because of how he's handled it. Meanwhile I feel a lot more strongly about Pav's slot but nobody else seems to.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 604, innocentvillager wrote:@numberQ why exactly are you losing confidence in the read? just because no one else has been sheeping you on it?

pedit: <3
Not that I haven't been sheeped, but that there hasn't been any discussion at all on what I thought were several salient points. I appreciate your 605 a lot, I think it's helped me slightly untunnel. Looking at some of his later posts with an attempt at fresh eyes...

ISO 13 could kind of feel like bored town, like most of the player list. But at the same time, as has been often stated scum WANT the "pandemonium" part of the name to come true. So can this really be a towntell? Seems equally likely to be bored town as calculating scum imo.

I actually like ISO 27-29, how he reacted to the A50 selfvote. I don't really have a fully formed opinion of A50, but the selfvote struck me as weird and I think Pav put that into words well here.

Everything else I think I already commented on in other posts, or it's fluff.
In post 605, innocentvillager wrote:i think the 19-20 sequence is more just kind of consistent with the overall vibe and energy he is giving off. not the content but the response to clemency getting heated about the game was definitely an actual reaction - i think he was genuinely disappointed to see clem votepark pooky like that. Now that might not seem like it's town!indicative, but two scenarios here: a) pooky is town b) pooky is scumpartner. In scenario a) don't think pav genuinely gets disappointed there. In scenario b) think he would've tried harder to get clem to unvote pooky; if it's a partner defense he kind of half committed and but didn't do anything actionable. idk it's possible though
I think scenario a) is 100% possible, scum need some townreads so if scum!Pav has decided that's Pooky, it could be entirely performative that he's "disappointed" in Clem's voting. And I do not think they are scum together.

---

Anyway all that is to say, Pav is still pretty scummy on my readlist, but if the wagon's not going anywhere then it's not going anywhere. And I want to try and take the blinders off so maybe it's time to look at someone else. That someone else is charle, because I'm really not seeing the logic in 614, to the point that it's pinging me.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by numberQ »

His ISO opens with a serious vote on cows for what I can agree was a weird unvote.

ISO 1 townreads IV for his setup analysis post. I think it's an easy townread to make, so could be seen as fairly safe for scum to say to get towncred. On the other hand, charle is the first person to say as such, and even gives his own thoughts unlike some other people who townread IV for that post.

ISO 2-8 is a lot of giving out reads, which feels very town oriented. 6 in particular softens his townread of IV from ISO 1 (which I guess he did say was just "leantown" anyway). I'm not sure scum need to breadcrumb their townreads turning to scumreads in this setup like they do in others, so this seed of saying "IV is not conftown" strikes me as +town for charle.

ISO 10-13, he tunnels cows for a bit, though his language in 13 is a lot weaker than previous posts. He was very gung ho about a cows elim, then in 13 he's unsure if cows is scum or just being set up. I looked at cow posts between 10 and 13 to see if a read change would make sense, and maybe?

ISO 14 begins the Pooky suspicions, seeming to base it on some relationship with Clem. No real explanation besides gut, which, okay.

Then finally ISO 15 sees townreads for Clem and A50, a SvT read on {Pooky, Clem}, which naturally leads to a vote on Pooky.

---

My read on charle is almost the opposite of Pav. I really like his initial posting, up to ISO 8. After that I feel a little less in sync with what he's saying. So overall I think he's town, but I'm still unsure how to feel about his Pooky vote.

@charle, can you elaborate on why Pooky v Clem is SvT? Also, do you no longer scumread cows, or are you just more confident about your Pooky scumread?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:58 am

Post by numberQ »

I'm avoiding both wagons because I scumread Pav and haven't been convinced by any of the other cases. And they both have ~90 posts at this point in the game so my usual strategy of ISO analysis requires more effort that I haven't felt like putting in yet
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:59 am

Post by numberQ »

Though with barely 5 days left til deadline, maybe I should just pick one of them. Hmm
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by numberQ »

Honestly I'm getting pretty fatigued, and really feeling that D1 should just end already, but I'm also really not feeling that either of the two wagons are scum. Someone tell me who to sheep
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by numberQ »

I like charle for town just based on his posting. Is it just POE that puts him in your scum team?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by numberQ »

Hmm okay. I always find meta arguments hard to respond to. But, if you're pushing for a Strange wagon, I guess that's besides the point.

I do like Strange for scum more than cows or Pooky for scum. Yeah why not I'll throw in here.

VOTE: Strange

Plus I was looking for a wagon to sheep, and me voting here makes this a 3-way tie for top wagon. So really, my hands are tied.

pedit: Okay, no longer tied
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:21 am

Post by numberQ »

That's a hammer if I'm not mistaken. We finally made it out the other side. Memes really can be dreams.

If the first post D2 isn't Pooky exploding on someone I'll be disappointed.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (isolation #41) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:04 am

Post by numberQ »

I don't think I'm faking, unless I counted wrong
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:10 am

Post by numberQ »

Wait, I think I misread Enchant's vote as being for you. He voted cows.

Are we at E-1???
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #43) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:11 am

Post by numberQ »

Did you make the same mistake when you counted?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:15 am

Post by numberQ »

I just like, triple checked. I think I jumped the gun declaring it a hammer LMAO :facepalm:
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:19 am

Post by numberQ »

So anyway, who wants to hammer? And Strange, if you're town, who's scum on your wagon?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:18 am

Post by numberQ »

plot twist
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 am

Post by numberQ »

VCA + the flips make me think Pav and T3 are scum. Not sure who the third is. Their voting patterns for the first ~500 posts are very opportunistic. Then T3 leads a wagon on Pooky that sees some success, and Pav jumps to A50 for ???, until Pav finally jumps to Strange at E-2.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:31 am

Post by numberQ »

I can't tell if I'm still just tunneling Pav
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:35 am

Post by numberQ »

Notably, Pav has interacted with T3 very lightly through his entire ISO. T3 on the other hand has had Pav as a scumread for a while, but it's never had any real teeth. Even the single vote between them was with very little risk and T3 unvoted pretty quickly.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:18 am

Post by numberQ »

Honestly probably the right move for scum lmao. Now does that mean IV was onto something in one of his reads, or are they just trying to get rid of the main driver of discussion?
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:20 am

Post by numberQ »

Because IV was onto something in one of his leads, or they were trying to get rid of the main driver of discussion.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:20 am

Post by numberQ »

And Enchant wanted to explode, idk
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #53) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by numberQ »

I'd like to hear from the rest of the player list first, but if no one bumrushes their own death first I think I know who I'd take out today
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (isolation #54) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:19 am

Post by numberQ »

why tf did A50 hit schadd. He was like, the towniest of the remaining players. Goddammit

---

charle: Has mostly only interacted with people who are dead now. He pushed a Strange wagon for a while, townread IV early on, scumread Clem early then switched to a townread, scumread Pooky, townread A50. His comments on living players were regarding me (seemed to have a slight townread), cows (pushed for elim), and Pav (but only when I asked him about it, no strong opinion from him). Other points, he set up a SvT relationship between Pooky and Clem, both turned out town. He also did a fair bit of strategizing and mech analysis.

If charle is scum, I'm fairly confident it's not with cows. Little to no interaction with T3, which could be scum avoiding scum, but if I had to pick one I'd say it's with Pav because there was ALSO no interaction there, except when not commenting would have looked suspicious. I asked him his thoughts on my Pav scumread, and his answer was kind of limp imo.

---

cows: Has spent most of the game throwing out reads and handling his wagon. I dunno, I still don't see any scum here. And from what I can tell of my super quick skim reread, the biggest case was that he didn't die in a setup that usually sees people die quickly. Which just, doesn't feel like a case at all to me? charle, Pav, and T3 were all part of that wagon, so I just don't think this tells me anything.

If cows is scum, maaaaybe his partner is T3, because of the counterwagon T started on Pooky. Also maybe Pav, because of helping to build momentum on the Strange counterwagon. I dunno, I just don't think this slot is scum so I'm gonna stop wasting time analyzing possible partners.

---

Pav: I've already talked about this slot a lot. Looking back with knowledge of flips, I don't think my opinion has changed at all. Can't help but feel I'm just "locked in" and ignoring what I don't want to see re: Pav actually being town.

If Pav is scum, I think his partner is T3. His interactions with T3 are all tangential and kind of weird. The only direct comment is saying that he always scumreads T3, otherwise it's just kind of, reacting to other people reacting to him.

---

T3: Have also talked about this slot a bit, mostly in relation to Pav. He's been throwing scumreads out between Pav and cows all game. Literally no interaction with charle - like I said in charle's block, could be scum avoiding scum I guess. But that doesn't feel right.

If T3 is scum, I think it's with Pav, or maybe charle to a lesser extent. Pav because his interactions with him feel

---

So basically, what I think I've landed on here is that scum is:

Pav/T3
charle/Pav
charle/T3

in decreasing order of likelihood. Which makes for a pretty obvious target.

EXPLODE: Pavowski

If I just threw, the crow I eat will be delicious. cows, if you are somehow scum, then g fucking g.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (isolation #55) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:49 am

Post by numberQ »

And fyi, I would have waited to hear from more people, but that backfired yesterday so fuck it, I'm blowing up.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #56) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:48 am

Post by numberQ »

I think asking charle to do that makes sense? Either he's scum, so he'd obviously say no. Or he's town, and he might say yes or no. Town + yes means T3 is scum or cows played us like a damn fiddle. Town + no means... actually, idk what that means. I guess all it means is charle thinks T3 is town. In which case he probably explodes on cows. Hmm
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (isolation #57) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:51 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 758, numberQ wrote: If T3 is scum, I think it's with Pav, or maybe charle to a lesser extent. Pav because his interactions with him feel
lol whoops, I think I meant to delete that incomplete thought. Just realized I left it there.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (isolation #58) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:44 am

Post by numberQ »

CHARLLLLLLE
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #59) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 am

Post by numberQ »

Well at least I can say my reads were pretty much spot on.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (isolation #60) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:47 am

Post by numberQ »

Honestly pretty disappointed about this though. Scum played a decent game throwing lots of confusion around (even seeing the lack of coordination in the PT lol), but why charle. why
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (isolation #61) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:00 am

Post by numberQ »

I'm no setup wizard, but I think a shorter D1 would help a lot. Both for the people in it for the memes, and the ones who actually want to play Mafia.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #62) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:35 am

Post by numberQ »

Yeah, thanks for modding. Was fun, despite the rocky D1!
Hey!

Return to “Completed Open Games”