Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 21, cyrus62 wrote:so i have a few ideas. 1st one if everyone who rolled cult but didnt get it type the letter c. if you didnt roll cult type the letters n/a . and if you fudged a dice type fudge and what dice you fudge . for me it would be n/a fudge dice 2. now you dont have to play along if you dont want to . but this might help us find out if there is a cult or not.
What stops them from lying?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Why are we talking about cultists?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #280 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:43 am

Post by Dunnstral »

All scum have to do is lie about their alignment roll and claim their role and modifier truthfully.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #281 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:47 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Spoiler:
In post 230, Bingle wrote:
In post 224, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I wasnt asking to gauge whether you'd react the same way, just didn't think there was any guaranteed way to do it and was curious what you'd come up with. Doesnt sound like anything setup-breaking though, so my guess is its something similar to follow the cop which is risky to go forward with as it gets the investigative killed in the event there is no protective for them. Also in multiball any doctors should only be able to prevent one kill and it would be easy for a cop of any kind to get piled if they out as being an alignment cop without specifying which faction they can identify.
It looks like I'm not going to get my desired reaction, so I'm just going to go ahead and explain the strat. My desired reaction was in fact pushback against using the strategy on the basis of it being unfun, as scum would be unlikely to want to be seen as being antitown in order to preserve the fun of the game.

The way dice tags work, there's a static string of numbers generated that gives a permanent value to the tags. That way, if you quote the tags it gives a static response instead of rerolling the dice.

For example:

Original Roll String: 1d8 (STATIC)
1 8-Sided Dice: (7) = 7

Code: Select all

[dice]1d8 0101010101[/dice]

Will always give a value of 7.

If we forced everyone to claim their alignment roll and then provide a 10 digit code that resulted in that roll, it would take any normal scum player longer to fabricate the roll than it would take a town player to hunt down the static string from their actual roll.

This would not confirm anything beyond a shadow of a doubt, and in the case of people like me who know the way the dice tags work it would be trivial to set up a fake roll ahead of time. Paraphrasing the 10 digit code in a way that didn't use cryptography would be trivial. Additionally, it would not be OGI as it's simply applying a knowledge of the way the forum works.

Angleshooty as fuck? Yes. Ethically bankrupt? Yes. But actually against the rules? No.

Of course, giving all of this information at the beginning of the process makes the strategy worse than useless, because scum would know exactly how to provide a false positive result and PMing yourself a bunch of dice rolls to make sure you have a town result to use would take almost no time at all. But I never really wanted to generate townreads this way in the first place, just see how people responded to the idea that I could.

(For proof of concept that I would not actually use a strategy like this as town (and thus, as scum looking for towncred), see the Lovers and Losers game in my topics that I caused to get rerolled when a similar oversight gave AI information and I pointed it out.)

This is arguably cheating and I wouldn't have done this without double checking with the mod (who would likely say no)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #284 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:08 am

Post by Dunnstral »

How do you fellas differenciate cultists from mafia on day 1?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #329 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 301, Bingle wrote:
In post 244, cyrus62 wrote:Makes note to town skip page ten I think loft and bingel are working together .
In post 254, cyrus62 wrote:HEAL: loft not that healing is part of this game but at this point I trust them more then most.
This, btw, is my sole reason for scumreading Cyrus. I can see the scum slip argument if I squint, but everything other than this weird shade for engaging in scum theater just reads as Cyrus being Cyrus to me.
What is the scum slip?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #415 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:41 am

Post by Dunnstral »