[SETUP] Red and Blue

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:00 pm

Post by RH9 »

Wait, what is meant by Carbon-14 style? Does the Godfather and Framer know each other?
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:36 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 5, Something_Smart wrote:Yes, they are on the same team. The colors are merely for interaction with the cops.
Oh, thank you. I thought that it was Multiball. I am bad at balance too, though, I guess that I too could try to think about it.
If Godfather dies, then the Red Cop would be able to know that all their results will be accurate. Though, if the Red Cop dies too, then Mafia still has a chance for a miselimination, because of the Framer. If the Blue Cop dies, then the Framer is pretty much useless, and the Godfather can be caught by the Blue Cop. I do agree with Ythan, that two cops seem strong in a nine player game. However, in a seven player game, the Blue Cop has a 3/7 chance of receiving a guilty result, and the Red Cop has a 1/7 chance. Both Cops have a higher chance of finding the Mafia in the seven-player version, though the Blue Cop has a 4/7 chance of investigating a Framed person instead. of a 2/3 chance in the nine-player version. I guess that Mafia can also win faster in the seven-player version, only needing to have both Mafia alive in the endgame, two kills, and a miselimination. Alternatively, they could have both Mafia alive in the endgame, two miseliminations, and a kill. Though, if at least one of the Mafia is eliminated, it would be harder for Mafia to win, though it depends which one was eliminated and which Cop is or Cops are still alive. If there is only one Cop and Mafia alive, and both of them are the same colour, then Mafia still has a easy chance to win. If they are different colours, Mafia needs to avoid suspicion or to NK the last Cop. If there are two Cops, then Mafia needs to work harder to avoid suspicion, or to NK both Cops, if time allows. Over all, it feels balanced.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”