Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:18 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 1121, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 945, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I'm unwilling to make any firm commitments there, but I like calling it town play for now.
Why's that?
My head is full of television static right now. I like calling it town play because it means I don't have to worry about it right this second.

PEDIT: Oh, wow. I should have figured that out. Wow. I'm just gonna... I'll be back later.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1123, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 1118, Critter wrote:I actually haven’t yet. I am manipulative as scum and I am not but I don’t know you? *confused eyeball stare*
I think you're manipulative as either alignment, Critter. I think you try and keep it on the downlow, but you're still manipulative. That makes you dangerous as scum. And no, we don't know each other, this is just a judgment call based on what I see of your play here. I don't use meta for players I haven't played with, and I don't even like using it then. It's a crutch where my normal ability to play fails, not a primary tool.

Also, I'm glad my worse-than-usual memory kept my vote on you if you didn't get the promised effect from ssbm, since I distrust you even more now. (Also I don't know what the hell an invest is and MS wiki isn't helpful with it.)
Invest is short for investigation role like tracker,watcher it’s a category not a specific role. She was role fishing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Wait, which head of VFT made the posts on page 41?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:22 am

In post 1051, Critter wrote:Sometimes town is deliberately scummy.
Very rarely. If you're town, don't do it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:24 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1098, Venus Fly Trap wrote:skitter says she believes critter is being genuine here and I'm probably just going to trust her on this one.

- lilith
Unfortunately all the insects in my insect farm are gentleman. Please be advised.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:25 am

In post 1093, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:This is me getting frustrated that I'm being scumread for discussing mountain dew in a mountain dew themed game.
Bear in mind that Critter was explicitly presenting it as a gut reaction, and most people's guts are utter garbage. In your position I would not be fazed by that, except maybe to be annoyed at Critter if he acts on an unsubstantiated gut read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:26 am

In post 1100, Gamma Emerald wrote:Effort compared to towngames feels very muted
That seems like it's got way too many variables involved to be at all reliable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:28 am

In post 1110, Wisdom wrote:every scum flails when they feel they are attacked for the wrong reasons
Transparently false, some people don't flail as scum at all.

And plenty of people flail as both alignments. I don't see why "frustration at being attacked for bullshit reasons" is an emotion reserved for scum.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1131, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1100, Gamma Emerald wrote:Effort compared to towngames feels very muted
That seems like it's got way too many variables involved to be at all reliable.
I understand effort isn't always stable but it feels like a real departure from the norm rn
I also just don't like what she chooses to focus on
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Critter »

In post 1129, Critter wrote:
In post 1098, Venus Fly Trap wrote:skitter says she believes critter is being genuine here and I'm probably just going to trust her on this one.

- lilith
Unfortunately all the insects in my insect farm are gentleman. Please be advised.
Oh you mean Skitter my bad lol. Sorry.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:33 am

In post 1133, Gamma Emerald wrote:I understand effort isn't always stable but it feels like a real departure from the norm rn
Have her scumgames also been like this?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm pretty sure they have
I replaced into both of the ones I've been in that are recent though
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:38 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

So, then what's the normal for them?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1120, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 944, Critter wrote:I think you can do a reads wall/list and keep the nuance. Please. :)
Okay, I guess...

Everyone else

If that isn't satisfying, well, I told you so.
lol best you can do is have me as top scumread because you dont understand my reads?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1132, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1110, Wisdom wrote:every scum flails when they feel they are attacked for the wrong reasons

And plenty of people flail as both alignments. I don't see why "frustration at being attacked for bullshit reasons" is an emotion reserved for scum.
Yep keep defending your buddy im sure that will go well for you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:46 am

In post 1138, Wisdom wrote:lol best you can do is have me as top scumread because you dont understand my reads?
Yep.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Wisdom »

good get limd right after kyouko
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think there probably should have been a blank tier added to the bottom because I don't think S_S meant to claim that was a confident SR
<Embrace The Void>

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:53 am

Of course not, but it seems like Wisdom is acknowledging that with "the best I can do".
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:55 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 1139, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1132, Something_Smart wrote:

Yep keep defending your buddy im sure that will go well for you
They do bring up a fair point that people do flail as either alignment though, and definitely has happened in the past. This really doesn't help when it just doesn't feel like you answered the actual question and instead went for the scum associative.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:00 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

And by question, I mean the one S_S did not say as a question but feels like an actual question to be brought up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:00 am

I would like someone familiar with Wisdom scum meta to weigh in on if he openly antagonizes and hard pushes multiple townies as part of his strategy. If ssbm is scum then I'm sure he would be secure in pushing me, any scum can pull off hard bus -> hard push a townie who was defending them. But I'm not sure if he would want to sacrifice enough towncred to push two townies simultaneously/back-to-back (if he does push me tomorrow if ssbm is town, that is).

When I was scum with him, he did push pretty confidently, though he was mostly bussing. But he also didn't play very much and got executed D1.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1143, Something_Smart wrote:Of course not, but it seems like Wisdom is acknowledging that with "the best I can do".
okay
well idk why wisdom expects hard suspicions from you d1
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1146, Something_Smart wrote:I would like someone familiar with Wisdom scum meta to weigh in on if he openly antagonizes and hard pushes multiple townies as part of his strategy. If ssbm is scum then I'm sure he would be secure in pushing me, any scum can pull off hard bus -> hard push a townie who was defending them. But I'm not sure if he would want to sacrifice enough towncred to push two townies simultaneously/back-to-back (if he does push me tomorrow if ssbm is town, that is).

When I was scum with him, he did push pretty confidently, though he was mostly bussing. But he also didn't play very much and got executed D1.
that is in his scum meta, but he's also just easier to read with some flips imo, so I agree he's "never lim d1" material
<Embrace The Void>

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:03 am

He hasn't played much with me recently. In our most recent game, I replaced into a town slot on N2 with confident reads (that actually turned out to be perfect).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”