Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 298, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 178, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 111, Color Purple wrote:
In post 108, Pentagon Shape wrote:So far liking circle, arrow, blue, orange

Suspicious of purple, star, red
Oh I agree. On Red. Blue is definitely a townread for me as well as Arrow and Green.
No red is locktown for me now.
pentagon probably town here although i dont think i agree

early reads from red had an element of showiness to them
In post 180, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 173, Color Purple wrote:
In post 157, Color Blue wrote:I appreciate the effort but there's like no scum reads and it feels kind of robotic almost in the way he is town-reading people for doing fairly minor things.

Also if you townread people who took issue with your entrance, did you make your entrance deliberately scummy on purpose? I'm confused about your thought process there.
I was trying to see how people react to lurking and other obvious scumtells. I dod have a scumlean which became a null read. To be fair, you can see for my one ephemeral scumlean. I immediately ended up rereading and found nothing scummy and thus lost my scumread.

Also I still nullread Triangle. Triangle does seem to be deliberately writing in a way which I find unreadable. (That being said, this could be a playstyle thing.)
Triangle gives me tstbs vibes but could be, just seems too godawful to be scum, since scum usually at least try to come up with decent reads but if noob scum, then obviously the jury would still be out on that.
triangle obviously doing a gimmick

pushing the limits of readability
Reading this just made me null read Triangle again. It is possible that Triangle is doing a gimmick and that the reasoning behind their current posts are non-genuine.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Color Blue »

which shape would you want to be paired with the most ? @purple
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

i thought about it and maybe pentagon has a point about that one red post

i assume the read change for other reasons

still quite like the change from pent where scum would not be likely to give credit for that post
In post 198, Color Orange wrote:
In post 105, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 103, Color Red wrote:
In post 100, Pentagon Shape wrote:Red definitely has chutzpah, I’ll give them that. lol
Not sure what that means lol.
i mean i did call you scum you know

are you just not reading the game
Why do you think chutzpah is a scummy thing?
that is not what i said

please read more carefully
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 301, Color Blue wrote:which shape would you want to be paired with the most ? @purple
To be honest, I can't decide anymore. I want to leave Star to his plan. I think that Orange+Circle is cool. I would actually want to be with either Heart, Pentagon, or Diamond. Heart, Pentagon and Diamond feel Town to me. I already explained what I like about Heart and Pentagon in . Diamond's newer posts like and read Town to me. The defeatism in feels genuine. To be fair, I kind of am fine if Pentagon goes with Red. I'll probably decide later on.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Color Green »

Today was a rough one, and tomorrow's not looking better. I should be able to engage on Sunday; for now, I'll do my best to catch up/stay caught up. Catching up now.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Color Blue »

I don't think explains why you like heart? it feels like it was more of a backup for you.

Why do you not want to fight for the pairing you want rather than step aside for someone else?
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 305, Color Blue wrote:I don't think explains why you like heart? it feels like it was more of a backup for you.

Why do you not want to fight for the pairing you want rather than step aside for someone else?
Pentagon locktowns Red so they're likely to get paired. Heart was my backup but now I find that Heart and Diamond would be my top choices if Pentagon pairs with Red. Heart seems to be Town from and from his advice.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Color Purple »

I think that I'll
PAIR: Heart
again. This time, I feel more certain that Heart is more than a backup.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by Color Purple »

I think that I should take a break. I should probably let Green catch up.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by Color Green »

I think I'm focused way too much on trying to figure out Blue and not enough on sorting the shapes. Refocusing as I type.

re:Blue - her entrance with the early reads made me think either Blue is way better than I am, or those reads are really premature. suggests the latter. Her catch-up is largely a bunch of likes/dislikes with no context (for example, what does Blue see in that I don't?). And the "way too early readlist" didn't feel too early, compared to their very early reads.

re:Shapes - I don't feel equal to the task of being the one to share a PT with Triangle's plaintext messages and trying to sort that slot. I can probably count on one hand the number of text messages I have sent in my life, so that's a tough gimmick for me to parse through. As for the rest, I'm a bit nervous about Star trying to go for the Delayer. And, like, if Star is scum, we really can't stop them from getting the delayer, right? If the Delay lands on something like a doc or a jailkeeper, it would be pretty difficult to prove that the delayer was holstered if we leave the unpaired slot alive. And also, Star hasn't really posted much except to talk about or defend that plan. I can support Purple+Heart. I think I would be ok with pairing with Diamond (or Circle, but I think someone more widely townread would make a better pair with Circle).
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:47 am

Post by Star Shape »

Just finished catching up. So far I like Arrow, Circle, Heart, and Pentagon for town shapes. I was null on Heart for a bit, but their recent posts don't feel panicked about a potential PoE closing in on them, which is +town.

Diamond's defeatist attitude wrt perceived lack of interaction is very meh to me, several people myself included have given him content to work with but he hasn't responded to much. It also seems odd that he's acting like he's going to have to go solo since no one is poking at him too much, even though he's guaranteed to pair up with a color. Also don't like Triangle's gimmick the longer the game goes on, since my eyes tend to glaze over when reading their posts and that may just be the point. It seems like borderline encrypted text, intentionally making their posts hard to read just seems anti-town.

For colors, Green, Purple, Red, and Yellow all feel pretty townie to me.

Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3. If Blue ever flips scum I'd want to get Diamond next immediately. Orange meanwhile is null scum for me, mainly just vibes since a lot of early posts were just "I like this/this seems townie" without giving a reason, plus the early shade on Purple that didn't go anywhere and just faded once he started towning it up. It got weird because Orange seemed to be so impressed by Purple's town read on me that she went from believing Purple was fishy to hard town reading him.
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:26 am

Post by Color Red »

In post 310, Star Shape wrote: Diamond's defeatist attitude wrt perceived lack of interaction is very meh to me, several people myself included have given him content to work with but he hasn't responded to much. It also seems odd that he's acting like he's going to have to go solo since no one is poking at him too much, even though he's guaranteed to pair up with a color. Also don't like Triangle's gimmick the longer the game goes on, since my eyes tend to glaze over when reading their posts and that may just be the point. It seems like borderline encrypted text, intentionally making their posts hard to read just seems anti-town.
I definitely could see it as coming from frustrated town, but you bring up a good point. Diamond is mainly saying "woe is me, no one will interact with me" instead of just actively interacting with others. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:36 am

Post by Color Red »

Circle seems pretty townie by ISO.
Arrow doesn't have a lot but what is there is a good look for them.
Yellow basically hasn't contributed to the game at all at this point.
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:43 am

Post by Color Red »

Green ISo is lackluster
Blue seems very transparent, which is hard for scum to fake without scumtelling.

Because I've seen tthis come up a few times I'll leave this here.
2) Players will receive a role PM before the game starts informing them only of their alignment, win condition, and whether they are a Modifier or Power. There are six Modifiers (Colors) and seven Powers (Shapes) in the game. Flavor is random and unrelated to role content. They will receive their account names and passwords at this point.
The colors/ shapes that correspond to each ability would be randed after setup generation. So don't pull from the color/ shape any speculation of abilities.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:33 am

Post by Heart Shape »

I think this will probably work.

Pair: Purple
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:48 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 309, Color Green wrote:I think I'm focused way too much on trying to figure out Blue and not enough on sorting the shapes. Refocusing as I type.
Mmm while I am somewhat flattered by the attention, why are you so interested in figuring me out ?
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 310, Star Shape wrote:Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3.
Which of my early reads feel most off to you?

I am always happy to discuss.

I don't think I am so fantastic as to be right this early in the game and course correction is always better done early.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Circle Shape »

i dont necessarily find anything objectionable in oranges catchup posts but they seem

polished

and it makes me a bit

uncertain
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Circle Shape »

maybe at some point i will try to understand triangles argument but its too early irl for me to be able to think about it properly
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Circle Shape »

oh no i think i get it

the argument is crap it was very obvious from the rules

i dont know if it says anything about triangles alignment but it makes me not like them
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 278, Color Purple wrote:And Triangle, don't take this badly. I am not asking you to be like Yellow, but avoid using people's names and avatars as reasons why they are scum.
They’re obviously trolling with that. lol
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 280, Color Red wrote:Can someone go over why purple seems to be a consensus townread, I've seen a lot of "purple is town" but I haven't seen why. I have seen a lot of effort but that isn't completely AI.

As far as I can tell Triangle this game has made basically one point which is a really odd roundabout TMI accusation on penta.

Still don't really understand Penta's 180 on me, but others seem to believe the logic holds and its right so I guess it can be left be.
That post I’ve now quoted twice from your predecessor, is why.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 281, Color Purple wrote:
In post 275, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 245, Triangle Shape wrote:Yup, Pntagn, star.

pentagon + star = pentagram.

pntagrm = EVVVVIILLL

nxt.
Yes, me and star are very clearly Satan worshippers. I find you extremely entertaining. lol
I hope Triangle's joking though. I find their reasoining too idiosyncratic to be taken seriously.
How are you even questioning this? lol
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:33 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 283, Color Blue wrote:Way too early readlist:

TR: Circle Arrow Yellow Orange Pentagon
TL: Red Triangle
Null: Heart Green
SR: Purple Star Diamond

I want to be wrong on Purple, I think I might be somewhat confbiased against him but most people think he's town so I don't think it will matter much.

I'd actually like pairing with Diamond despite thinking he's suspicious because he sounds like a fun guy and I have a weakness for bad boys.
Why is Triangle a tl for you?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 286, Color Red wrote:I'd say there is rarely a case where scum doesn't bus their partners, maybe not to the point of elimination but somewhat at least.

Reading through ISOs, not impressed with orange's posts, Purple/Penta's is fine enough that I'd prefer them alive at EoD.

As for the last post of my predessor, I probably wouldn't consider it a towntell if it was on another person, especially if I was already scumreading them but that's probably just playstyle difference.
I can flip my reads on a dime if a slot towntells or scumtells and I believe your predecessor towntold with their last post.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”