Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Color Red »

1. What makes you TR yellow?

2. PTs are made at the end of phase 1/start of elimination phase.
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Star Shape »

In post 316, Color Blue wrote:
In post 310, Star Shape wrote:Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3.
Which of my early reads feel most off to you?

I am always happy to discuss.

I don't think I am so fantastic as to be right this early in the game and course correction is always better done early.
In post 15, Color Blue wrote:I have townpings from Circle and mild scumvibes off Purple's entrance.

I am looking for a partner with a great taste in music and also hopefully very active.

Must like long walks and have a great sense of humor.

Also preferably of town alignment because I don't need to be pocketed in a PT that would not be fun.
Town ping on Circle seems like TMI when all they did at that point was post a song and offer mech talk, yet you've shaded me for mech talk.

Read on Purple feels very quick and one-dimensional, and you just stick to this read going forward no matter what Purple says or does afterwards.
In post 27, Color Blue wrote:
In post 22, Color Orange wrote:I feel like I'd rather leave a town unpaired because even if delayer is anti-town, I'd rather have it in town's hands. I think a good strategy might be to never use it until 2 scum are dead?
I don't think that's how a delayer works.

I also think it'd be more informative & exciting for us to eliminate the unpaired player.

I do like the way you think about this and think it's more likely to come from town.
Subtly pushing for a shape to be the default elim knowing you'll be safe if people agree.

And again town reading somebody for mech talk.
In post 28, Color Blue wrote:I'm almost embarrassed to say I townread
You town read a screenshot...

Diamond ends up in your scum reads soon after anyway though with zero progression.
In post 149, Color Blue wrote: Like Diamond
In post 267, Color Blue wrote:Diamond what type of music do you like?
This is everything else in your ISO pertaining to Diamond until you scum read them.
In post 157, Color Blue wrote:I appreciate the effort but there's like no scum reads and it feels kind of robotic almost in the way he is town-reading people for doing fairly minor things.

Also if you townread people who took issue with your entrance, did you make your entrance deliberately scummy on purpose? I'm confused about your thought process there.
This seems more like you're trying to justify your scum read rather than just make an honest read on Purple.
In post 283, Color Blue wrote:Way too early readlist:

TR: Circle Arrow Yellow Orange Pentagon
TL: Red Triangle
Null: Heart Green
SR: Purple Star Diamond

I want to be wrong on Purple, I think I might be somewhat confbiased against him but most people think he's town so I don't think it will matter much.

I'd actually like pairing with Diamond despite thinking he's suspicious because he sounds like a fun guy and I have a weakness for bad boys.
Your suspicion on Diamond comes out of nowhere here. Going back to Ro3, you put three players in your scum reads, and it is the only read group to have three players in it. Regardless of the validity of your reads, Ro3 is a fairly consistent general scum tell and I think it points to Diamond being your scum buddy.

It looks to me like you tried to spin a positive vibe on Diamond, but when very few people bought it and Diamond proceeded to flail, you decided to put them in your scum reads in case town decides to elim them. However, you because you don't have a progression from a town read to a scum read, it makes it look like a fake read.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 346, Color Purple wrote:
In post 344, Arrow Shape wrote:I don't think we have a PT yet, or at least I can't find it.
Yup. Almost makes me regret my decision.
Almost~

Oh. My bad. So Yellow's just fading into the background. I hope that I can find something later to reinforce my townread. I already used their pre-existing posts to justify.
In post 350, Color Red wrote:1. What makes you TR yellow?

Look at his 5 posts and tell me any of them come from the perspective of scum. It's very clean. Not enough posts though, not enough at all.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

Not sure how I feel about Star's one-minded attack on blue.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

It's not very charitable and the reasoning isn't great.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:37 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 307, Color Purple wrote:I think that I'll
PAIR: Heart
again. This time, I feel more certain that Heart is more than a backup.
In post 314, Heart Shape wrote:I think this will probably work.

Pair: Purple
A Purple Heart Pair has been formed!

Any further attempted Pairings with or from Color Purple and Heart Shape will be ignored.
Last edited by penguin_alien on Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

In post 278, Color Purple wrote:And Triangle, don't take this badly. I am not asking you to be like Yellow, but avoid using people's names and avatars as reasons why they are scum.

jsyk, i actully wsnt. i fnd bth sus++.
pntagm ws a jk & i fnd it fnny

also, lv tht pnta ignrd my actul cll out.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

Please don't post like this unless it's a chat restriction.
I will probably think you're scum if you post like that.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Color Purple »

In post 350, Color Red wrote:1. What makes you TR yellow?

I townread Yellow because I find that their pre-existing posts feel like Town.
Diamond Shape
Diamond Shape
Townie
Diamond Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Diamond Shape »

In post 265, Color Purple wrote:Rereading reaffirms my townread on you.
What about it is reaffirming? It feels a bit... rude to ask after being down about stuff (and interaction is appreciated) but, what about the thoughts appealed to you when they were pointed out that didn't before, if that makes sense? Versus finding me genuine and then retroactively visiting.
In post 267, Color Blue wrote:Diamond what type of music do you like?
I've been listening to a decent amount of post-hardcore stuff lately thanks to Spotify and it's decent enough that I still listen.

Answering "everything" feels like a cop out.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Color Purple »

In post 359, Diamond Shape wrote:
In post 265, Color Purple wrote:Rereading reaffirms my townread on you.
What about it is reaffirming? It feels a bit... rude to ask after being down about stuff (and interaction is appreciated) but, what about the thoughts appealed to you when they were pointed out that didn't before, if that makes sense? Versus finding me genuine and then retroactively visiting.
I liked the transparency. I tend to find that Town tries to be more transparent than scum.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Color Purple »

The transparency reaffirmed my townread.
Diamond Shape
Diamond Shape
Townie
Diamond Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Diamond Shape »

In post 287, Color Blue wrote:The reason I have Star/Diamond as SRs is because I got whiplash reading through Diamond's ISO:

Diamond calls out Star for volunteering and taking it backsies - he calls it a bit-LAMISTY

Later however:

He more or less makes the same kind of LAMisty appeal.

I do think it's possible he is just fustrated town who feels like he is being frozen out - but the game has barely been running for 2? days so I'm not sure that's something that's genuine.

It feels to me that the game state is still wide open and I think people are happy to mingle and talk - we've only paired 2 players so far.

I guess I think if he's town I just want to give him a big hug.

Maybe even if he's scum I would too? I am a sucker for AtE.
To contextualize:

Star's appeal for being left out came early on, which was why I questioned it.

My... I guess 'switch' but really was just dishearten..ment if that is word, came after I posted some thoughts and the only engagement I received on them was from the person I quoted within that post, and it's a bit like... I'm being tossed into a POE because I haven't impressed which, okay, I haven't posted a lot nor do I have the time/energy. But then when I try to give something it's glossed over for a page or two and people don't seem to be actually thinking about my slot. It makes an unpleasant game and makes me not want to try which yes, it is early, but something like that is just... yeah. It didn't feel like people wanted to talk to me when I was already in a bad mood.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Color Purple »

In post 353, Arrow Shape wrote:Not sure how I feel about Star's one-minded attack on blue.
I can't decide either. Also, it feels like he's on an agenda. (But then, that's just vibes.)
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

In post 330, Heart Shape wrote:Triangle does care. They broke character to explain the T9 texting. I'm not saying that's scummy, but town reading them for larping is hardly warranted.
aint my falt ur all chldrn.
Diamond Shape
Diamond Shape
Townie
Diamond Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Diamond Shape »

In post 283, Color Blue wrote:Way too early readlist:

TR: Circle Arrow Yellow Orange Pentagon
TL: Red Triangle
Null: Heart Green
SR: Purple Star Diamond

I want to be wrong on Purple, I think I might be somewhat confbiased against him but most people think he's town so I don't think it will matter much.

I'd actually like pairing with Diamond despite thinking he's suspicious because he sounds like a fun guy and I have a weakness for bad boys.
And, because I wanted to reply to the other post first, and after reading and the post on Star:

I... kind of hate a lot of these reads. I disagree with the Purple/Green/me/maybe (??) Pentagon (this one is a lot less formed in my head currently but it's how I've felt reading today) reads right now and the disparity of where I'm placing people right now is uh, Concerning.

If I had a pick/wanted to force through one for myself I don't think I'd want to pair with you right now, sorry.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Color Purple »

In post 362, Diamond Shape wrote:
In post 287, Color Blue wrote:The reason I have Star/Diamond as SRs is because I got whiplash reading through Diamond's ISO:

Diamond calls out Star for volunteering and taking it backsies - he calls it a bit-LAMISTY

Later however:

He more or less makes the same kind of LAMisty appeal.

I do think it's possible he is just fustrated town who feels like he is being frozen out - but the game has barely been running for 2? days so I'm not sure that's something that's genuine.

It feels to me that the game state is still wide open and I think people are happy to mingle and talk - we've only paired 2 players so far.

I guess I think if he's town I just want to give him a big hug.

Maybe even if he's scum I would too? I am a sucker for AtE.
To contextualize:

Star's appeal for being left out came early on, which was why I questioned it.

My... I guess 'switch' but really was just dishearten..ment if that is word, came after I posted some thoughts and the only engagement I received on them was from the person I quoted within that post, and it's a bit like... I'm being tossed into a POE because I haven't impressed which, okay, I haven't posted a lot nor do I have the time/energy. But then when I try to give something it's glossed over for a page or two and people don't seem to be actually thinking about my slot. It makes an unpleasant game and makes me not want to try which yes, it is early, but something like that is just... yeah. It didn't feel like people wanted to talk to me when I was already in a bad mood.
Sorrry, Diamond. I didn't realise how much you wanted to be interacted with. Sorry again, for putting you in the background.
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:16 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

In post 357, Arrow Shape wrote:Please don't post like this unless it's a chat restriction.
I will probably think you're scum if you post like that.
PJSalt
Diamond Shape
Diamond Shape
Townie
Diamond Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Diamond Shape »

In post 311, Color Red wrote:
In post 310, Star Shape wrote: Diamond's defeatist attitude wrt perceived lack of interaction is very meh to me, several people myself included have given him content to work with but he hasn't responded to much. It also seems odd that he's acting like he's going to have to go solo since no one is poking at him too much, even though he's guaranteed to pair up with a color. Also don't like Triangle's gimmick the longer the game goes on, since my eyes tend to glaze over when reading their posts and that may just be the point. It seems like borderline encrypted text, intentionally making their posts hard to read just seems anti-town.
I definitely could see it as coming from frustrated town, but you bring up a good point. Diamond is mainly saying "woe is me, no one will interact with me" instead of just actively interacting with others. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
Running out of time so skimping on some other thoughts right now:

I don't think I'm guaranteed unless Star is adamant about not accepting a pair which okay, fair play I guess. Already explained the origin of my emotional response.

Also using this as a small jumping board to say that I don't think Triangle is unreadable in the most literal sense and it feels like... the sort of griping done about the gimmick is easy pickings for scum to go after and blend in, no I don't know ~who~ is doing that right now but has been an idle thought in mind.
Diamond Shape
Diamond Shape
Townie
Diamond Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Diamond Shape »

(Don't apologize Purple I feel a lot better today and I don't think it was like... idk, it felt intentional yesterday but I don't think it was a malicious thing I guess? Just in the moment was very bad-feels time)
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

Red pntagm
slve cmplte.
Diamond Shape
Diamond Shape
Townie
Diamond Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Diamond Shape »

Your suspicion on Diamond comes out of nowhere here. Going back to Ro3, you put three players in your scum reads, and it is the only read group to have three players in it. Regardless of the validity of your reads, Ro3 is a fairly consistent general scum tell and I think it points to Diamond being your scum buddy.

It looks to me like you tried to spin a positive vibe on Diamond, but when very few people bought it and Diamond proceeded to flail, you decided to put them in your scum reads in case town decides to elim them. However, you because you don't have a progression from a town read to a scum read, it makes it look like a fake read.
"Flail"

What exactly did I do that was flailing again? I made a bunch of reads no one talked about and I got a bit upset, but what exactly was I flailing about? What had caught me so off guard that I resorted to that?

Because there's a very big difference between my what, like, 2-3 posts and
flail

You're creating a narrative that doesn't exist here... at all.
Diamond Shape
Diamond Shape
Townie
Diamond Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Diamond Shape »

Okay G2G.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Color Purple »

In post 370, Triangle Shape wrote:Red pntagm
slve cmplte.
You scumread Red, Pentagon and Star?
While, Star did do things which felt scummy, Red comes off as Town to me, right now. I guess that I can say the same thing about Pentagon as I said about Red.

(And yes, Star is among my lowest townreads now amd dropping. I don't like his attacks on Blue and Diamond. I find that accusing Blue of being one-dimensional in her read on me, is somewhat hypocrotical, given that he is somewhat one-dimensional in his own attacks.)
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Color Red »

In post 161, Pentagon Shape wrote:
pair red

changed my mind

Diamond should probably be left out.
In post 289, Color Red wrote:Star/Heart need to give more thoughts on the game as a whole, most of their ISo's focus on Mech
I like diamond for town atm, though that may just be from AtE, I'll sleep on it

I don't think I ever want penta gone today so:
Pair pentagon

VOTE: @Mod I believe this pair was also formed

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”