Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Color Red »

In post 357, Arrow Shape wrote:Please don't post like this unless it's a chat restriction.
I will probably think you're scum if you post like that.
While it is annoying, why do you think it comes from scum?

It would only serve to impair their own information which isn't helpful as either alignment.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Circle Shape »

i feel like falling behind on this game has left me feeling really lost in terms of reads and im still not fully caught up
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:42 am

Post by Color Red »

Actually on second thought there would be an advantage, I'll wait to see if we are thinking of the same thing
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Color Red »

In post 376, Circle Shape wrote:i feel like falling behind on this game has left me feeling really lost in terms of reads and im still not fully caught up
The abstract names/avatars does contribute to that I think. Unfortunate situation
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:45 am

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 280, Color Red wrote:Can someone go over why purple seems to be a consensus townread, I've seen a lot of "purple is town" but I haven't seen why. I have seen a lot of effort but that isn't completely AI.

As far as I can tell Triangle this game has made basically one point which is a really odd roundabout TMI accusation on penta.

Still don't really understand Penta's 180 on me, but others seem to believe the logic holds and its right so I guess it can be left be.
more than the fact that the logic holds its that i dont see scum making that reversal on you at that moment in time
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Color Purple »

Ok, it's official. I have been thinking about this for a while. Star is no longer a townread for me. He's becoming a scumlean but is currently a nullread. See for my reasoning. (Though, in that post, Star was still a townread for me.)
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 287, Color Blue wrote:The reason I have Star/Diamond as SRs is because I got whiplash reading through Diamond's ISO:

Diamond calls out Star for volunteering and taking it backsies - he calls it a bit-LAMISTY

Later however:

He more or less makes the same kind of LAMisty appeal.

I do think it's possible he is just fustrated town who feels like he is being frozen out - but the game has barely been running for 2? days so I'm not sure that's something that's genuine.

It feels to me that the game state is still wide open and I think people are happy to mingle and talk - we've only paired 2 players so far.

I guess I think if he's town I just want to give him a big hug.

Maybe even if he's scum I would too? I am a sucker for AtE.
i think its a weird thing for scum to complain about being ignored

like if im scum no one paying attention to anything i say would be pretty much the ideal like why do you care if no one talks to you as scum haha

although i dont know what diamond posted that they are upset about being ignored for

looking back they had one big post with some thoughts and not much else

i still feel like when ive seen people upset at being ignored theyve always been town

but i actually like this reasoning from you seems like youre really digging in and looking for something to catch
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Color Purple »

Actually, Triangle's attitude has me townlean them, now. Scum is almost never that peculiar. Scum usually try to make themselves seem super reasonable as opposed to what Triangle's been doing so far.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 296, Color Blue wrote:
Spoiler: embarrassing confession don't click on this unless you are mafia
I kind of want to pair with scum and get hopelessly pocketed because that seems like something fun to do and I've never done that before.

Yes it's Friday night and I'm just lonely and cold haha.

I promise I won't get paranoid too soon!

I am very susceptible to nice music and sweet talk
im not scum but i could pocket you anyway haha
In post 297, Color Blue wrote:@Circle how do you feel about pairing with Orange?

I think she might be interested in you and she is quite the catch.
im actually not sure yet

felt oddly apprehensive at her catchup

but i feel like i really need to reread the game and take notes now to wrap my head around it
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Circle Shape »

imagine if the people calling out star for trying to look town with his first post were correct

i would die at such a cliche read working
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:58 am

Post by Color Purple »

Hopefully, Star isn't upset that they fell so far down in my reads. Just to clarify on my current position on everybody, here is an oversimplied model.

Townreads (Everbody except Triangle and Star)
Townlean (Triangle)
Nullread/Scumlean (Star)
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:58 am

Post by Color Purple »

In post 385, Color Purple wrote:Hopefully, Star isn't upset that he fell so far down in my reads. Just to clarify on my current position on everybody, here is an oversimplied model.

Townreads (Everbody except Triangle and Star)
Townlean (Triangle)
Nullread/Scumlean (Star)
EBWOP
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 161, Pentagon Shape wrote:
pair red

changed my mind

Diamond should probably be left out.
In post 289, Color Red wrote:Star/Heart need to give more thoughts on the game as a whole, most of their ISo's focus on Mech
I like diamond for town atm, though that may just be from AtE, I'll sleep on it

I don't think I ever want penta gone today so:
Pair pentagon
Missed this; was past my bedtime--thanks!

A Red Pentagon Pair has been formed!

Any further attempted Pairings with or from Color Red and Pentagon Shape will be ignored.
Last edited by penguin_alien on Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 384, Circle Shape wrote:imagine if the people calling out star for trying to look town with his first post were correct

i would die at such a cliche read working
I would be so sad if Star's actually scum. It wasn't until today that I started scumleaning him. I would feel kind of bad if Star's plan of being left out of the pairs was just to Delay Blue or Diamond. His first post did feel super Town but his attacks on Blue and Diamond are what made me doubt that he's Town.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Color Purple »

To be fair, I've almost never caught scum by myself except for that time scum fearkilled somebody because they brought up a previous game they had together where the person who was NKed voted one of the scum in both games right before getting NKed.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 389, Color Purple wrote:To be fair, I've almost never caught scum by myself except for that time scum fearkilled somebody because they brought up a previous game they had together where the person who was NKed voted one of the scum in both games right before getting NKed.
I was spectating that game. I admit that I was kind of proud of myself for catching scum that oone time. (Yes, I only figure out scum when they get too nervous and do a fearkill.)
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

please stop referencing your status in past games it can be taken as a sign of main hinting
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 391, Circle Shape wrote:please stop referencing your status in past games it can be taken as a sign of main hinting
Sorry. I keep on forgetting. I promise that I won't anymore.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 310, Star Shape wrote:Just finished catching up. So far I like Arrow, Circle, Heart, and Pentagon for town shapes. I was null on Heart for a bit, but their recent posts don't feel panicked about a potential PoE closing in on them, which is +town.

Diamond's defeatist attitude wrt perceived lack of interaction is very meh to me, several people myself included have given him content to work with but he hasn't responded to much. It also seems odd that he's acting like he's going to have to go solo since no one is poking at him too much, even though he's guaranteed to pair up with a color. Also don't like Triangle's gimmick the longer the game goes on, since my eyes tend to glaze over when reading their posts and that may just be the point. It seems like borderline encrypted text, intentionally making their posts hard to read just seems anti-town.

For colors, Green, Purple, Red, and Yellow all feel pretty townie to me.

Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3. If Blue ever flips scum I'd want to get Diamond next immediately. Orange meanwhile is null scum for me, mainly just vibes since a lot of early posts were just "I like this/this seems townie" without giving a reason, plus the early shade on Purple that didn't go anywhere and just faded once he started towning it up. It got weird because Orange seemed to be so impressed by Purple's town read on me that she went from believing Purple was fishy to hard town reading him.
this post is very meh to me
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Triangle Shape »

In post 387, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 161, Pentagon Shape wrote:
pair red

changed my mind

Diamond should probably be left out.
In post 289, Color Red wrote:Star/Heart need to give more thoughts on the game as a whole, most of their ISo's focus on Mech
I like diamond for town atm, though that may just be from AtE, I'll sleep on it

I don't think I ever want penta gone today so:
Pair pentagon
Missed this; was past my bedtime--thanks!

A Red Pentagon Pair has been formed!

<insert graphic here when not wrangling toddler>

Any further attempted Pairings with or from Color Red and Pentagon Shape will be ignored.
scum pair.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 394, Triangle Shape wrote:scum pair.
Oh, you stopped txtspk. Doesn't change my townlean. Still townlean you.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 383, Circle Shape wrote:im not scum but i could pocket you anyway haha
I think I would like that very much if you could!
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 365, Diamond Shape wrote:
In post 283, Color Blue wrote:Way too early readlist:

TR: Circle Arrow Yellow Orange Pentagon
TL: Red Triangle
Null: Heart Green
SR: Purple Star Diamond

I want to be wrong on Purple, I think I might be somewhat confbiased against him but most people think he's town so I don't think it will matter much.

I'd actually like pairing with Diamond despite thinking he's suspicious because he sounds like a fun guy and I have a weakness for bad boys.
And, because I wanted to reply to the other post first, and after reading and the post on Star:

I... kind of hate a lot of these reads. I disagree with the Purple/Green/me/maybe (??) Pentagon (this one is a lot less formed in my head currently but it's how I've felt reading today) reads right now and the disparity of where I'm placing people right now is uh, Concerning.

If I had a pick/wanted to force through one for myself I don't think I'd want to pair with you right now, sorry.

Well I don't expect you to agree with my scumread on yourself but I am happy to talk about purple/green/pentagon

what are your reads on these three slots?
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by Color Red »

Remaining Pairs

Blue/Orange/Green

Triangle/Star/Circle/Diamond

As I'm not a huge fan of the colors remaining, we may want to try to pair scummy players with each other. That way if we are right on at least one of the pair, we deny scum control on an ability if either is eliminated.

As for which to which that would fall on associative which I personally am garbage at reading.
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Color Red »

Assuming we elim the unpaired player d1,

In theory pairing (likely scum if the unpaired is town) with (likely scum if the unpaired is town) and (likely scum if unpaired flips scum) with (likely scum if unpaired flips scum) would be best.

Even if we don't have strong associatives (i wouldn't be one to judge) I think town deciding the remaining pairs would be +town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”