Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by Color Blue »

Penta,

I think you're town, please calm down a bit - being overly defensive with Orange isn't really great for the thread and doesn't paint you in a good light.

If you read Orange's posts - she's catching up and hasn't really gotten to that part yet where Star null-SRs her.

Also not all players actually care that much about suspicion thrown their way - I don't think Orange is that type of player who cares as much about how she is viewed.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 548, Pentagon Shape wrote:I find it really fascinating Orange how I’m somehow “badgering” you and “pivoting” on you for pointing out the fact that you questioned red on their read of you but seem pretty disinterested in Star’s. What’s even curiouser is how much more charible you’re being to Star’s calling you “nullscum”. Why is that?
Perhaps it's because I had yet to get to that post in my reading? As for the part about pivoting, what I'm trying to say is it felt like you wanted to make it look like you had more reason to flip your read than just my interactions with you, so you tried to make it look like I was being inconsistent in my approach to things when I simply had not gotten to addressing Star's suspicion because I'm trying to approach this from a primarily linear fashion. I also don't believe my approach to Star is more charitable than my approach to Red. Is it more charitable than my approach to you, sure, but you are basically trying to intimidate me with your read change on me. Well, it's not going to work.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 550, Color Blue wrote:Penta,

I think you're town, please calm down a bit - being overly defensive with Orange isn't really great for the thread and doesn't paint you in a good light.

If you read Orange's posts - she's catching up and hasn't really gotten to that part yet where Star null-SRs her.

Also not all players actually care that much about suspicion thrown their way - I don't think Orange is that type of player who cares as much about how she is viewed.
I quoted that post. I found it to be hypocritical that she was shading me for asking a valid question. If it was a catchup then maybe I’m wrong? I also didn’t care for someone said people griping about the textspeak are scum and that somehow makes me suspicious when several other people have also found that to be frustrating. And the person who made that comment isn’t even scumreading me, so if I discount the catchup part, Orange’s recent posts look really bad to me but if I don’t then maybe I’m offbase?

I don’t like it when I get pushed for shitty reasons and that’s how it looked to me but if you’re right, I’ll reacess. I’m still not imressed with her recent posts regardless. I’m not entirely sure it was a good faith read.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 551, Color Orange wrote:
In post 548, Pentagon Shape wrote:I find it really fascinating Orange how I’m somehow “badgering” you and “pivoting” on you for pointing out the fact that you questioned red on their read of you but seem pretty disinterested in Star’s. What’s even curiouser is how much more charible you’re being to Star’s calling you “nullscum”. Why is that?
Perhaps it's because I had yet to get to that post in my reading? As for the part about pivoting, what I'm trying to say is it felt like you wanted to make it look like you had more reason to flip your read than just my interactions with you, so you tried to make it look like I was being inconsistent in my approach to things when I simply had not gotten to addressing Star's suspicion because I'm trying to approach this from a primarily linear fashion. I also don't believe my approach to Star is more charitable than my approach to Red. Is it more charitable than my approach to you, sure, but you are basically trying to intimidate me with your read change on me. Well, it's not going to work.
I’m not trying to intimidate you or anyone. It just read like a shitpush on me pretty much and I don’t respond well to that. It read like you were trying to scumcase me rarher than trying to honestly sort me. If I misunconstrued your intention then I apologize but I won’t aplogize for thinking your reasoning was surface level and bad.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Regarding the textspeak comment, I think the way you handled it is the scummy part, not you having trouble in the first place. I think the issue comes down to cognitive load. Scum already have to parse through people's thoughts to ascertain threats, gimmicks only make that task harder. As such they'd be more likely to try to quash such behaviors. Also, who are these others who have expressed this issue, and where have they done so? This is not something I am picking and choosing about so if one of my TRs expressed similar thoughts, I would re-assess this point.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

So, I am obviously wrong about my comment about your response to Star’s question then, so noted and withdrawn. I didn’t realize that you were doing a catchup, so I made incorrect assumptions on that.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:41 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 311, Color Red wrote:
In post 310, Star Shape wrote: Diamond's defeatist attitude wrt perceived lack of interaction is very meh to me, several people myself included have given him content to work with but he hasn't responded to much. It also seems odd that he's acting like he's going to have to go solo since no one is poking at him too much, even though he's guaranteed to pair up with a color. Also don't like Triangle's gimmick the longer the game goes on, since my eyes tend to glaze over when reading their posts and that may just be the point. It seems like borderline encrypted text, intentionally making their posts hard to read just seems anti-town.
I definitely could see it as coming from frustrated town, but you bring up a good point. Diamond is mainly saying "woe is me, no one will interact with me" instead of just actively interacting with others. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
In post 312, Color Red wrote:Circle seems pretty townie by ISO.
Arrow doesn't have a lot but what is there is a good look for them.
Yellow basically hasn't contributed to the game at all at this point.
I like these thoughts from Red.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 317, Circle Shape wrote:i dont necessarily find anything objectionable in oranges catchup posts but they seem

polished

and it makes me a bit

uncertain
Ah, Circle was the one to say I was polished.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 320, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 278, Color Purple wrote:And Triangle, don't take this badly. I am not asking you to be like Yellow, but avoid using people's names and avatars as reasons why they are scum.
They’re obviously trolling with that. lol
I still dislike your way of interacting here. It comes off as you trying to simply brush away the suspicion. It would be better looking if you were to try and inquire with Triangle what their actual problems with you were. Because the main meat of it seems to be they think you are trying to shade and discredit them.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 328, Arrow Shape wrote:I'm obligated to warn people when they get fanciful in their reasoning.
Also, Hiya.
In post 329, Arrow Shape wrote:Is circle paired yet?
This entrance feels a bit weird. Why the specific interest in Circle getting paired, and who is Arrow saying "Hiya" to?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 330, Heart Shape wrote:Triangle does care. They broke character to explain the T9 texting. I'm not saying that's scummy, but town reading them for larping is hardly warranted.
This feels like an overly simplistic view of why Blue town reads Triangle.
In post 334, Arrow Shape wrote:Oh, you're asking if I agree with their reads list.

Uh, I basically just like the following people for town: Circle, Orange, Blue, Purple, Me.

That's pretty much it so far.
I forget why you paired with Yellow, was it just for entertainment value? What did you find entertaining about Yellow, if that is a correct recollection?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 554, Color Orange wrote:Regarding the textspeak comment, I think the way you handled it is the scummy part, not you having trouble in the first place. I think the issue comes down to cognitive load. Scum already have to parse through people's thoughts to ascertain threats, gimmicks only make that task harder. As such they'd be more likely to try to quash such behaviors. Also, who are these others who have expressed this issue, and where have they done so? This is not something I am picking and choosing about so if one of my TRs expressed similar thoughts, I would re-assess this point.
I don’t know who your trs are but I know several people have addressed this. If you ISO everyone, trust me you will find that I am correct about that, so since you’re still catching up, I’m sure you will find the evidence that will cause you to reacess.

I also strongly disagree with you on this. What is remotely scummy about wanting a slot to be more readable? And once you finish with your catchup, you’ll see that I am practically pleading with Triangle to be more readable. I can only view that as a good thing. I am also currently tl on them which is clearly not pushing them, which was what I think you were accusing me of? So maybe I over reacted then? It’s definitely possible.

Both Triangle and me are mindmelding on Blue so really don’t care for Star’s push there, so I really would like to know what people who have yet to express an opinion on that think.

I will be extremely surprised if your read doesn’t change on me once you’ve finished your catchup.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 558, Color Orange wrote:
In post 278, Color Purple wrote:And Triangle, don't take this badly. I am not asking you to be like Yellow, but avoid using people's names and avatars as reasons why they are scum.
They’re obviously trolling with that. lol
I still dislike your way of interacting here. It comes off as you trying to simply brush away the suspicion. It would be better looking if you were to try and inquire with Triangle what their actual problems with you were. Because the main meat of it seems to be they think you are trying to shade and discredit them.
They expressed scumreads on me and Star for our names and avatar shapes, so why wouldn’t I think they were trolling with that? I read it as a joke, didn’t you?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

Anyway, I liked Diamond’s recent posts, so it was probably premature for me to have jumped to conclusions.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Color Orange »

That part reads as a joke, yes. But you seem to be acting as if the entire read is a joke, which I also saw was scummy on the wiki.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Although I am unsure of how you view that read now, actually.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 564, Color Orange wrote:That part reads as a joke, yes. But you seem to be acting as if the entire read is a joke, which I also saw was scummy on the wiki.
Wiki?

No, I considered the trolling to be specifically about that,
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 278, Color Purple wrote:And Triangle, don't take this badly. I am not asking you to be like Yellow, but
avoid using people's names and avatars as reasons why they are scum
They’re obviously trolling with
that
. lol
Again Orange I honestly don’t know what to make of you reading things into my posts which clearly aren’t there. I think it’s extremely obvious what I meant here.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 348, Color Purple wrote:
In post 340, Arrow Shape wrote:I have paranoia on blue. Particularly I can't tell if their spoiler post is them method acting or providing vulnerability. I can't tell if being fanciful is a part of their process or if it's artificial and calculated.
I can't tell either about that post. It could be an attempt at trying to get scum to refocus their attention on her and distract them from focusing on how others view them. If this is artificial, she did do a great job, to be honest.
I don't think a wise scum would fall for such bait, at best one might subtly angle towards pairing with Blue. That also presumes two things about who the scum are: that scum are not all paired, and that at least one unpaired scum is in the shapes. So honestly, I do not get what Blue is really trying to accomplish with such an act when there's an element of luck to whether any scum would even be able to respond in the way Blue hopes they might.

Also, I would like to re-affirm my town read on Arrow based on posts from this page.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 567, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 278, Color Purple wrote:And Triangle, don't take this badly. I am not asking you to be like Yellow, but
that
. lol
Again Orange I honestly don’t know what to make of you reading things into my posts which clearly aren’t there. I think it’s extremely obvious what I meant here.
Okay, the issue was that I did not see you engaging with the actual reasoning Triangle had expressed against you, at least not as much as I saw content like this. The only actual attempts I can recall was in the initial interaction, which creates the image for me that you tried to talk down Triangle, didn't get very far, and then tried to disregard the push.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:31 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 569, Color Orange wrote:
In post 567, Pentagon Shape wrote:
that
. lol
Okay, the issue was that I did not see you engaging with the actual reasoning Triangle had expressed against you, at least not as much as I saw content like this. The only actual attempts I can recall was in the initial interaction, which creates the image for me that you tried to talk down Triangle, didn't get very far, and then tried to disregard the push.
From what I understand they sr me for presumbly pushing them as lhf? I didn’t like them initially. Because I kept explaining and re-explaining my reasoning to them, like for example, I said I asked the mod a question. Then they immediately accuse me of lying about that to get towncred, when I never once ever claimed that I asked that question in the thread, So that question was about the pairing but maybe what pinged them the most was peehaps my reaction to them not knowing that, so based soloey off of that, I can understand they’d be suspicious of that but in my defence, I was sincerely trying to figure out if it was a genuine or fake slip because that sometimes does happen but I probably could have expressed that better.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Circle Shape »

i read the last two pages and it feels like a car spinning its wheels in the mud

does not feel like this is any meaningful sort of progress

for some perspective here: the top 6 posters in the game take up 75% of the non-mod posts in the game

this is not a healthy balance

Orange, I would please ask you to consider compressing your catch-up and working in a summary format rather than responding to each post individually. The way you are doing things now is both inordinately slow (you started off responding to posts that were 270 posts behind the current page. you are now responding to posts that are 220 posts behind the current page) and does not help for the sake of readability, either for the thread in general or for your alignment in particular. Nothing against you personally, I just feel your current approach to the thread could use some adjustment.

what i would like is to hear more from heart/diamond/green/star/yellow and a little less from the top posters in the game (and i include myself in that group)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:28 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Pairing status 2:

No pending offered from unPaired players

Pairings:
Color Yellow-Shape Arrow
Color Red-Shape Pentagon
Color Purple-Shape Heart
Color Blue-Shape Circle

UnPaired: Color Orange, Color Green, Diamond Shape, Star Shape, Triangle Shape

Day One Phase One ends in (expired on 2021-11-25 16:57:53)
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Heart Shape »

I admit I didn't read every word but I didn't get much out of ORange v Pentagon other than the obvious they're not TvS.

Purple and Blue seem to be I guess hesitant to push people too much. I'm just thinking off the top of my head so no specific posts, but they seem to be apologetic in their approach, and that's a missed opportunity in my opinion. I mean every time someone does that it's like why. Why not continue to push people in order to sort.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Heart Shape »

I guess with five unpaird there probably is scum in there, but I'm not sure I have a preference as far as who should get the delay. If scum get it, I don't know if that's a terrible thing when we don't know what the powers even are yet.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”