2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

With a large bench and a flex spot, RB scarcity was almost a given. Should always carry your handcuffs for your top backs.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

whelp had to drop Tebow. He just wasn't doing it for me this year. I think next year will be his year.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 425, Nero Cain wrote:With a large bench and a flex spot, RB scarcity was almost a given. Should always carry your handcuffs for your top backs.
McNichols may not be a valid handcuff given the signing of Adrian Peterson to the Titans. At the very least the Titans have doubts about McNichols filling that void.

Having handcuffs not always viable given some other scenarios. Having Chubb and Hunt and D' Ernest. Having Montgomery and Williams and Herbert. Having Ceh and Williams and Gore. Running back position is getting passed around on many teams this year.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

what shitty starts I made

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

if I win this week, which is looking likely, I'll have beaten the former #2 and the #1 ranked teams back to back in consecutive weeks!

Which is exciting! Comeback!
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:54 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Mac Jones is not the savior i need >.>
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 427, PokerFace wrote:
In post 425, Nero Cain wrote:With a large bench and a flex spot, RB scarcity was almost a given. Should always carry your handcuffs for your top backs.
McNichols may not be a valid handcuff given the signing of Adrian Peterson to the Titans. At the very least the Titans have doubts about McNichols filling that void.

Having handcuffs not always viable given some other scenarios. Having Chubb and Hunt and D' Ernest. Having Montgomery and Williams and Herbert. Having Ceh and Williams and Gore. Running back position is getting passed around on many teams this year.
Pretty sure no one has both Edwards and Connor. For those not in the know, Nero has Edwards and Montgomery with none of their backups. He had to trade for AJ Dilon to backup Aaron Jones not long ago. Given how carries were spread amongst the titans last night, its more clear now that Titans were not prepared for King Henry to get hurt either

Henry may be back in time for playoffs but my team is unlikely to be in contention then. So if someone wants to trade and welcome the return of the king, I am listening
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I did have Williams until Herbert usurped him. I had always intended to draft Dillion but someone racefan got to him first, though I did draft both Dillion/Jones in auction.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by PJ. »

That's why those things are bad, but also FAAB fixes those very stupid things. We could have a league that isn't completely dependent on not using waivers and praying someone else's starter gets hurt. We can have nice things.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 431, PokerFace wrote:
In post 427, PokerFace wrote:

Pretty sure no one has both Edwards and Connor. For those not in the know, Nero has Edwards and Montgomery with none of their backups. He had to trade for AJ Dilon to backup Aaron Jones not long ago. Given how carries were spread amongst the titans last night, its more clear now that Titans were not prepared for King Henry to get hurt either

Henry may be back in time for playoffs but my team is unlikely to be in contention then. So if someone wants to trade and welcome the return of the king, I am listening
It's *almost* like the Henry's handcuff got hurt in the preseason.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Fair points.

I now agree with you when it comes to having 1 ppr. I will vote for 3wr and no flex again next year. The larger bench being part of the problem, I am not fully convinced on just yet. The league where I am now 8-1 has 10 starters a week (1qb, 3 wr, 2rb, 1te, 1 wrt, 1 def, 1k start) with a bench of 8. So 18 players with 2 irs can be on your roster at once. I did not say all my players before in that league. I want to see how that league plays out to the rest of the season before I finalize my opinion on larger benches
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Spoiler: Current Every-Team-Every-Week Standings in L1 (Actual standings in parentheses)
Mongolian Khans 63-36 (1st)
Circle the Wagons 57-42 (6th)
Yiley's Yodelers 52-46-1 (10th)
Tally Whackers 52-47 (2nd)
Tatum Bellhops 51-48 (12th)
Men Without Helmets 51-48 (8th)
4th and Inches 50-49 (7th)
Poker's Aces 49-49-1 (11th)
Rolling Thunder 48-51 (4th)
Get Reckt 42-57 (3rd)
Moonsault Mahommes II 39-60 (5th)
Qtag 39-60 (9th)

DIVISION OF DEATH 171-225
VOODOO 214-185-1
MITH'S ENVY 208-187-1

Gotta say, some of these disparities are crazy...
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 436, D3f3nd3r wrote:
Spoiler: Current Every-Team-Every-Week Standings in L1 (Actual standings in parentheses)
Get Reckt 42-57 (3rd)
Qtag 39-60 (9th)

VOODOO 214-185-1
MITH'S ENVY 208-187-1

Interesting, but I'm not really sure how to interpret it properly. Is this craziness due to the flex position or is any head-to-head league inherently swingy?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

L2 stuff so I know not interesting but I have somehow revived my team from one that consistently put up like fucking 70-80 points a week to one that can actually win games

No idea if it'll be enough to make a playoff push, but I'm gonna try lol
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 437, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 436, D3f3nd3r wrote:
Get Reckt 42-57 (3rd)
Qtag 39-60 (9th)

VOODOO 214-185-1
MITH'S ENVY 208-187-1

Interesting, but I'm not really sure how to interpret it properly. Is this craziness due to the flex position or is any head-to-head league inherently swingy?
It's pretty normal for things to be like this. It lines up with total points scored pretty well - despite being in 10th in the standings, Yiley is third in points scored.

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r wrote:
Get Reckt 42-57 (3rd)
Qtag 39-60 (9th)

VOODOO 214-185-1
MITH'S ENVY 208-187-1

I thought my schedule was bad, but looks like Yiley may have it worst or perhaps Wagons does since he has most points against. I am glad I did not play Yiley on the week we tied in score. I have gotten 4 ties in the past in actual games I have played on yahoo. I do not want to see that stat increase.

I feel football should have found a good way to get rid of ties by now. Shortening Overtime in recent years increased them and increased the chance one team could have the ball the entire time of overtime. I like how overtime has play continue after a field goal when one team has not touched the ball. I like how it does not continue if someone gets a touchdown. This put emphasis on both offense and defense imo. But if things are still tied after overtime, I would like to see a dual of kickers. Something like what Russel Wilson describes here: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russ ... kes-sense/
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

WHAT ARE THE RAVENS DOING?!?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

My assumption is that the way OT is played has more to do with the CBA than the nfl "not able to figure it out". Players are going to want more $$$$ for a potentially longer OT and the NFL doesn't want that. I like things the way they are and ties aren't that big of a deal to me but I always did like the old college OT rules where the ball was placed on the 25 and they had to go for a TD or FG and they kept doing that until one team missed/outscored the other .

There also might be something about the length of games and networks not wanting to have to do a longer broadcast.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

also goddammit. I mean hopefully, I can win unless Hill goes off tonight but the game is way too close for comfort.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 440, PokerFace wrote:
D3f3nd3r wrote:
Get Reckt 42-57 (3rd)
Qtag 39-60 (9th)

VOODOO 214-185-1
MITH'S ENVY 208-187-1

I thought my schedule was bad, but looks like Yiley may have it worst or perhaps Wagons does since he has most points against. I am glad I did not play Yiley on the week we tied in score. I have gotten 4 ties in the past in actual games I have played on yahoo. I do not want to see that stat increase.

I feel football should have found a good way to get rid of ties by now. Shortening Overtime in recent years increased them and increased the chance one team could have the ball the entire time of overtime. I like how overtime has play continue after a field goal when one team has not touched the ball. I like how it does not continue if someone gets a touchdown. This put emphasis on both offense and defense imo. But if things are still tied after overtime, I would like to see a dual of kickers. Something like what Russel Wilson describes here: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russ ... kes-sense/
Football already has an OT solution that prevents ties and is one of the most exciting situations in sports. No idea why the NFL hasn't adopted it. It isn't even an Elam ending situation where the data is fairly new and garnered from a weird place talent wise. The solution is literally used to decided 100s of games every year, many of which by NFL talent.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

lol, I bring up the topic of ties just before we have one in the nfl.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

well shit. might be back 2 L2 for me next year

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Jesus...

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Jonathan Taylor could become #1 pick in fantasy next year. As things stand its almost guaranteed I get sent down a league. I do not think I have ever been out of top 6 in any league I have ever been in. My gambles did not pay off and I got hit by injuries. Oh well crap happens.

I am about to be 6-5 and 10-1 in other leagues that are worth money, so this is fine. Also Last year I mentioned I was developing software that combined rolling list waiver system with standings based waiver system and had a fail safe that prevented people from tanking to get good players. That code is not currently in use anywhere, but I've been using data from all 3 of my leagues to run some simulations and the results have been pretty good and fair. Going to actually use the code for real in a league next year. And if it goes well maybe I try to sell the code for profit...
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

For what it’s worth you’re only going to be one game back of 8th after this week ends

(profile pic by datisi)

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”