Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by Color Orange »

VOTE: Color Green
I want a solid explanation for why Green has explicitly lied about his progression on Heart+Red.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 797, Color Orange wrote:
In post 777, Star Shape wrote:Arrow feels rather stagnant, if you will?

His reads come across the same since the beginning of the game regarding green, pent, and orange. It doesn't feel like he's evolving that much throughout the game.
Why is consistency scummy for you? I’ll give you that some flexibility on the replaced slots might be more prudent but except for Red, the newcomers have not felt great so I think playing hardball on those is valid.
Consistency is in itself is nia. It’s bad if new information that should affect those reads doesn’t affect reads and it’s good if new information that should reinforce those reads does. That saying, I find Star’s reasoning on Arrow kind’ve simplistic and saying a slot is getting misread based on playstyle is fine if you actually elaborate. Otherwise, that kind of take is essentially meaningless.

@Green, what are your reasons for scumreading red? I paired with them because I really liked the main slipping’s post. So I really don’t understand why you have them so low in your reads?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 796, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 611, Color Green wrote:I have been sitting outside the fog of war, following along since the beginning.

Here are my reads prior to replacing in. (Obviously, this ignores my own role PM, but I was fairly confident it was a town slot)

Extremely Town:

Color Blue
Color Purple
Circle Shape

Town:

Color Green
Triangle Shape
Color Orange
Arrow Shape
Pentagon Shape

Could Go Either Way:

Color Yellow
Diamond Shape
Star Shape

Please Deny Endgame:

Heart Shape

Kill As Soon As Able:

Color Red

I do believe all remaining unpaired folks are town, and that the delayer is going to be town as such. Damn the torpedo(s), we eliminate scum, not drag our heels at what could have been with all PR pairings being intact.

I explicitly chose not to replace into the red slot as
I felt the posts that caused it to be replaced were extremely scum indicative
, even in a vacuum of a general unnamed player.
You do realize that the reason for red replace out was the main slipping, don’t you?
Well not opposed to voting Green, since this take is clearly untrue.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 799, Color Orange wrote:
In post 787, Arrow Shape wrote:Should I shoot a reset there. I sort of feel like, well there's a lot to unpack with Green's current play. They're talking about sort of nebulous concepts that don't really have an objectively correct answer other than on the extremes ends which are probably bad for town. I also don't think, based on what Green's play is like so far, that they don't see the value in having a good neighbor.
I feel like they might just come across as dishonest sometimes though, but not for the reasons I may think.

Well, I can always just change my mind.
What are you trying to get at with this? It reads a bit like gibberish.
I'm trying to say that I'm confused about Green's opinions. I don't understand why they presented their opinions the way they did. I don't understand the choices they're making in terms of communication. I don't understand why they think their opinions are true. That kinda stuff. It's not scummy, just confusing now.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 652, Color Green wrote:
In post 650, Color Blue wrote:It's certainly very bold!
Probably because there's a gap the size of the marinas trench between red and everyone above them!

The sooner we pair up the sooner I can murder heart and then red!
In post 662, Color Green wrote:I mean hell the mod gave you two freebies by making role PM color match account name and here you are still screwing up!
In post 704, Color Green wrote:Reading is clearly too hard for some of you.

Everyone else
Literal ocean trench
Red
Smaller gap
Heart

I'm at least a little shocked nobody else sees the glaring perspective slip from heart....
In post 756, Color Green wrote:
In post 754, Arrow Shape wrote:they're voting Heart and not Red right now
Are you going for the "I read the least actual posts this game" award, or?
In post 704, Color Green wrote:Reading is clearly too hard for some of you.

Everyone else
Literal ocean trench
Red
Smaller gap
Heart
In post 758, Color Green wrote:
In post 652, Color Green wrote:The sooner we pair up the sooner I can murder
heart
and then red!
I understand what Orange is talking about here. I have far less of a problem with your reads then you never even explain your red read and suddenly push heart with no explanation on how you got to that point.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Pentagon, I think Green means the content in the main slip post is scummy. I disagree with that, but it’s seemingly not how you’re reading his assertion.

Acknowledging Arrow’s response, while I’m here. That’s a fine take on Green.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 777, Star Shape wrote:Arrow feels rather stagnant, if you will?

His reads come across the same since the beginning of the game regarding green, pent, and orange. It doesn't feel like he's evolving that much throughout the game.
okay but on the other hand

there was not a ton of reason for most of those reads to evolve?

in particular green disappeared and had to be replaced so there was no new data to work with at all

nothing dramatic has happened with orange

pentagon has been contentious at least

but i dont know that static reads over 30 pages is suspicious when the game is stagnant especially with the lopsided posting distribution i mentioned earlier
In post 779, Star Shape wrote:I feel Heart is getting scumread based off playstyle n not content, if that makes sense
i feel like that is a weak defense especially when we do not know identities and cannot know if someone normally plays this way

i see people sorting

and then i see heart

who is saying things to appear relevant but is not sorting

and reacted to my asking for reads with a severe overexaggeration

you might assume that is playstyle

but that playstyle can just as easily be used as cover for doing nothing as scum
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

read stars replacement content and am unimpressed

seems to be handing out town reads rather too easily

the one point of hesitation is he willingly earned the ire of orange when trying to pair and i dont know why scum willfully burns that bridge

but its somewhat minor

dont think is s/s with heart though
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:37 pm

Post by Color Yellow »

I haven't been able to get caught up like I wanted to, but I did have a dream that green was scum for whatever that's worth.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:41 pm

Post by Color Yellow »

Checked VC, what's up with Heart?
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:43 pm

Post by Color Yellow »

I've just skimmed a tiny bit, but Purple looks bad to me, calling for a delay on Heart. We established pretty early on that actually using the delay is anti-Town and would essentially be a scumclaim from the lone slot.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:46 pm

Post by Color Yellow »

Wait Purple's paired with Heart? Asking for the delay makes even less sense then, as either alignment. Just refuse to agree on targets if you're that concerned and Heart isn't yeeted
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:04 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 811, Color Yellow wrote:Wait Purple's paired with Heart? Asking for the delay makes even less sense then, as either alignment. Just refuse to agree on targets if you're that concerned and Heart isn't yeeted
Taking this into consideration. I thought that Heart was a concensus scumread. I'm obviously wrong.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:06 pm

Post by Color Purple »

And it is good to see you again, Yellow. Even though this might seem like a very bad pocket, your solving makes me further townread you.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:07 pm

Post by Color Purple »

Anyways, I'll probably be very busy tommorow and might not post as much.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:08 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 814, Color Purple wrote:Anyways, I'll probably be very busy in the next 24 hours and might not post as much.
EBWOP
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:08 pm

Post by Color Purple »

Ok, I'll be quiet.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:10 am

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 813, Color Purple wrote:And it is good to see you again, Yellow. Even though this might seem like a very bad pocket, your solving makes me further townread you.
none of yellows posts are any good
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:16 am

Post by Color Green »

I swear to ~Deity~ if one me person asks about the fucking trajectory "issues" when my single focus since replacing in is to murder the shit out of Heart and Red.

Red-1's posting that was IMO manipulative being an alt-slip doesn't mean it was intended as one, so you take it as if it had been posted as red directly, and that was a tug at emotion, is the last line:
In post 150, Toogeloo wrote:The reason I thought Diamond TMI'd was because as far as I know, we don't know what our powers or modifiers are. So when he claimed that Mafia would have a Roleblock, I assumed he was talking about one of their powers and not the delay action (which isn't a Roleblock).

Shortly after, Pentagon states he didn't like Diamond, which is why I considered Pentagon a good spot to pair with.

I haven't really been trying to scum hunt, so much as figure out who would be my ideal partner.
To me this reads as trying to make you (yes you, the person behind the screen) feel sorry for not liking their approach to the game.
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:26 am

Post by Color Red »

I think the problem isn't really trajectory so much as you have very palpable reads that were supposedly made pre-getting your role and then you don't seem to be following them afterward. You are giving the impression you changed some of your reads before your first post.
Wonder why that could be?

VOTE: Green
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Color Red »

I still like the heart wagon but I feel them and green aren't s/s.
Green feels scummier for a few reasons and they are actually active.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:56 am

Post by Color Green »

In post 819, Color Red wrote:I think the problem isn't really trajectory so much as you have very palpable reads that were supposedly made pre-getting your role and then you don't seem to be following them afterward. You are giving the impression you changed some of your reads before your first post.
Wonder why that could be?

VOTE: Green
This is the hop off the bus btw~
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 820, Color Red wrote:I still like the heart wagon but I feel them and green aren't s/s.
Green feels scummier for a few reasons and they are actually active.
What reasons?
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Color Red »

This is the kind of stuff that doesn't make sense to me from green.

1. You are pushing me for what seems to be a single line in a single post that can be interpreted as scum AtE. It's very much pulling at straws

2. If me and heart are s/s, why would I ever hop off when they still have a good chance of being eliminated today? It would be objectively better to stay on to try and gain towncred. Instead they try to discredit my concerns about their slot because "oh they are just jumping off their bus of my other scumread" It's very obviously not being aware of the gamestate because they aren't interested in actually sorting.

I had to ask twice for the reasoning for their scumread on me TWICE before they actually provided it, and what they provided was a single extremely small case they seem to think has huge ramifications.
Does anyone not actively playing the game build cases like that? Would anyone actually playing the game build cases like that? It feels so obviously artificial at this point.

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but their recent play has been absolutely abysmal if they are town. At this point I would gladiate them if I could.

As for why they aren't scum with heart, I get the impression their case on heart is as artificial as the one on me, and their isn't a reason to artifically push a teammate.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 808, Color Yellow wrote:I haven't been able to get caught up like I wanted to, but I did have a dream that green was scum for whatever that's worth.
Dreams are real.

UNVOTE:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”