2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

/all in

also your questionnaire reads "questionnaire to amend leagues for the 2001-2002 season" might want to add a 20 there
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Thu May 27, 2021 11:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also can you pm me how you made that questionnaire? I want to make one for another league I am in. Thanks
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Mon May 31, 2021 2:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not sure how yahoo plans to handle the extra NFL week so I will make this proposal if they are being dumb

I would like us to add somethings to that questionnaire!

The NFL season will be 18 weeks next year. How should we respond with 12 teams?

A. Change nothing. 4 teams of 12 go to playoffs. No one plays during week 17 or week 18
B. 6 of 12 go to playoffs. Playoffs basically last 3 weeks now over NFL week 15, 16, 17. No one plays during week 18
C. Comical Third Option?

The NFL season will be 18 weeks next year. How should we respond with 10 teams?

A. Change nothing. Keep how we have schedules and playoffs currently. No one plays during week 17 or week 18
B. 4 of 10 go to playoffs. No divisions. Let yahoo handle regular season schedule however they want. No one should play during week 18
C. Comical Third Option?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 22, Nero Cain wrote:im not a math guy so I'm a bit out of my depth when it comes to making a new schedule but my first thought is just do bye weeks
So does that mean you agree with
PokerFace wrote:
The NFL season will be 18 weeks next year. How should we respond with 12 teams?

A. Change nothing. 4 teams of 12 go to playoffs. No one plays during week 17 or week 18
B. 6 of 12 go to playoffs. Playoffs basically last 3 weeks now over NFL week 15, 16, 17. No one plays during week 18

C. Comical Third Option?
where seeds 1 and 2 get byes and seeds 3-6 do not. Or are you indicating something else?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The only issue I see with that is 6 of 10 making the playoffs. That's more than half the league. So we are playing basketball? I feel like 1/2 should be max since real life almost has that since its 14 instead of 12 nfl teams now. Though I should not be in a 10 team league so my opinion probably not matter much

If a team with a losing record ever wins a Superbowl in real life, they may still be considered a laughing stock.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I think League 2 was always divisions with 10 people before. So I agree with D3f3nder.

Something else we could add to the ballot is having waiver priority based on standings. I do not personally want it, but there are team owners that have voiced a desire for it in years past so having a vote on that to gauge the true interest level the league has in it could be good.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I suppose we could just have it go to next year since box at end is for that. In general I would personally vote to keep things same. I do not want it either and would prefer no change to our league given you statement in panzer's thread is true about tanking. But I figure seeing what people actually think should not cause harm. Not like we have to do every change at once. Listen to people views and try most popular slight changes before giving big less popular things a try.

Its also possible I am misremembering exactly how many people were interested in a standings priority system at all. If there's like 5 owners out of the current 19 owners voting for it and everyone else voting against it, that's not a majority. So no change would ever occur

By the way is there a way we can see the actual vote or pie chart on the responses currently? It may be late or early pending what you consider 4am and I can't find it at the moment
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

10/10 or 12/8, I not care. When you all think we will draft?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

So who is in charge of inviting the right owners to the right league? Seems I am still in the Previously League 3 which was league 2 last year

Also how will we be determining draft order this year? I would like to do some mocks while knowing the draft order position I will have
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #85 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I just became the 13th team in league 1. I think you need to figure out which teams are in and out of each league given previous years standings.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I just got home from work and was going to play Oregon Trail tonight but it seems we have been randomized? Is it too late? If some people put in scores and others did not, you probably should have randomized everyone not just those without scores.

Since I am still listed as team 13, I can not see my division or a lot of settings it seems. How many IR positions are we getting? What are the final results of the survey?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #99 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Whether it counts or not, here is my score

I also made a youtube video but it does not appear to have loaded yet I may place link here later if it ever loads...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #106 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Maybe I play slow but it actually took me an hour to beat Oregon trail. I made somewhat humorous commentary and a spelling error I did not notice until after I re-watched the video. If anyone wants tips on this game, I probably should have spent more money on food and less on bullets and clothes. You can wear food for clothes if you are lady Gaga. Also my headset was very loud at start. This game can wreck your ears sometimes. Also I seem to remember there being a 4th character in the past and not just 3 when i was young child. I thought you started the game where you lived or something for balancing reasons but maybe there was a newer version where you did not do that? If they were gonna update the game fix the sound, give me more useful health and supply info, and give me better gun controls. The gun controls are awful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yGN0qAz3ak
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #108 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are correct Panzer. Still I played the game and that video is what happened. It was actually kinda fun to play that game and make a youtube video about it. Its and unlisted video as I gave some personal info and there are some jokes only Mafiascum people that know me may get but meh anyone that wants to have a laugh at my expense can watch it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #111 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yep Oregon Trail has some randomizer code to it. That's only way to explain a death I came across in there myself. I had issues with it picking up my keyboard presses at one point too. The game comes up a little short
in less than 5 feet of water. Lady Gaga is not tall. I probably should have forded the river there I guess
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #122 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

So what are the divisions/names? I still see last years standings on standings screen

Schedule shows me playing bellhops, falcon arrow, coggers, and yiley each twice. Counting myself so that's 5 teams in a division? Huh? Schedule is 15 weeks? I thought we were doing 14 weeks with 6 making playoffs. Are we not doing that? I am confused
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #128 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have no preference what division I am in. You can randomize those

And or you can try to balance them in terms of equally distributing Old L1 teams with New L1 teams among them. Not sure if its possible to have like 2 old and 2 new in each division, but if it is I think that would be cool. I forget how many old and new teams we have, so no idea if that can be done fairly.

I think only time I had a division preference was when Wraith was still around. It was fun having him in my division every year as a rival since he was a Pitt fan and I am a browns fan. I really wish an all AFC North Fan division of DDP (Bengals), T-Bone (Ravens), Me (Browns), Wraith (Pitt) had happened one year. Sadly it never did though.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #151 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I believe I choose 0.5 ppr. I'm indifferent toward 1.0 ppr. I have been doing at least 1 fantasy football league a year since 2007. I recall doing 1.0 ppr once or twice. I did like it and think it was cool, but I'm not convinced its better. One of the other leagues I am in this year will have 3wr 2rb 1flex 1te with 1ppr. Considering how many positions are there, I feel this will be good way for me to experience if its better and if its needed for deeper leagues.

I drafted 11th in that 12 team league. I was originally drafting 2nd in that league but traded back since I wanted to get some good wr options early. I felt drafting later would help me with that. Also I felt drafting late in my first draft of the year would be good for me to get a feel for who is going when.

I like my leagues to have variety so going 4th here seems fine.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #170 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

If 17 people voted, how is 8 (47.1%) a majority to replace wide receiver with a flex?

I would prefer more wide receivers than running backs myself. At least I am drafting top 4 so I can get one of cmc, cook, kamara, henry no matter what. I will not be trading my spot in this league this year.

The kicker thing is interesting. I did not vote for it but I okay with trying it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #173 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Very well, at least I gonna get a top 4 rb and get another player before others in top for get their second player
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #174 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

I might not be in the division you outlined. my schedule has me playing circle the wagons, give tebow a chance, and mongolian khans twice. (Caboose, ????, Khan)

Who owns what team? I have no idea who owns give Tebow a chance
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #176 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not convinced that guy is best kicker in nfl.

By the way who is Uncle Joey?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #186 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r wrote:I think we only decided on axing divisions for 10-team leagues. Pretty sure they’re being retained for L1 since we have 12.
I believe D3 is correct. 12 teams having 3 divisions of 4 is good so that everyone plays everyone and gets more games in their divisions. If 10 teams occurs I voted that divisions were kinda bad from perspective of 6 teams of 10 in playoffs is dumb. 6 of 12 making is okay since 7 of 16 make it in nfl but over half does not seem right. Kinda feels like regular season does not matter as much as it should. And I think that discussion is why that was on the ballot.

How many teams are in league 2 anyway? If they have more than 10 they could probably keep divisions

@Nero
could you please update the first post to list divisions and teams with owners info?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #187 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 185, Groose Caboose wrote:
In post 176, PokerFace wrote:I am not convinced that guy is best kicker in nfl.

By the way who is Uncle Joey?
That’s me, Circle the Wagons
Ahh ok. Happy scum day. Is Nero "Give Tebow a chance"? So our division has 3 players that fought it out in League 2 last year? I guess I am fine with that if everyone else is. Cool way to preserve rivalries lol

Kubla Khan is obviously Mongolian khans. I am fine with him being in division instead of Tali if that is happening. Either one should be fun to play with.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #199 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:Even in standard it evens out by 20, which is ~the starters line before a 3rd wr or a flex. The biggest benefit of ppr is evening out the top end vs standard. Top rb outscored the top 3 rbs in half ppr were 336, 324, and 316. WRs were 301, 285, 265.

In standard it's 314, 294,294 vs 243, 241, and 202

This is like..literally why I don't understand why you'd not want ppr but complain about the rb pool being too thin in a flex league.
I didn't realize it was that different. I will change my vote next season if you are right. Probably too late to change now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #201 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Oh okay I thought you were comparing 1/2 vs 1 ppr not 1 ppr vs 0 ppr (Standard). I already knew 0 ppr was awful
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #203 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I am not sure what I was thinking.

By the way I saw this in our league settings that I figured should be discussed sooner rather than later

Playoff Tie-Breaker: Best regular season record vs opponent wins
Playoff Reseeding: No

We should vote on playoff reseeding now since we gonna have 6 in playoffs. I would vote yes

Also could someone better explain to me how this tie breaker? I not really get it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #216 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

oh ok, thats what that means. I am fine with whatever tie breaker we use. both options seem fine

I think reseed should happen only because it happens in real football too

Best of luck to those drafting tomorrow
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #223 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The schedules do not currently match the divisions or the standings since they still display last years. Has it always been like this in league 1 when new teams come in? If not, then I do not like the way this looks at all. Got a bad feeling there could be a yahoo software bug here. Should be noted that my profession in real life is in Software QA. Also known as getting paid to find software bugs. And Yahoo is not paying me. So I really not like this if its a bug
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #233 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok cool its fixed and everyone in the league was there for at least part of the draft. Last year I got last or second to last draft grade from yahoo for each of my yahoo leagues. I went on to get top 3 in each of those leagues in final standings including winning MS league 2. I just checked my draft grade in MS League 1 for this season and its the lowest, D+.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #234 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I'm curious about something. What decides opening waiver order? Is it always reverse of draft order? I thought it would be the same as the draft order since we had an even number of rounds.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #236 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r wrote:Yeah it’s always reverse of draft order. Which makes sense even with the even number of rounds.
Can you explain this to me? I mentioned last season that I was developing a software code to more fairly determine waivers for a league format I am designing. Current code has the waiver priority after the draft default to being the same as the draft order since the league has even draft rounds. I want to know your logic so I can know if I should change the code
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #243 (isolation #32) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r wrote:The difference between 1 and 12 is more significant than the difference between 13 and 24, and so on.
Kilgamayan wrote:Also yeah I agree with waiver priority always being reverse of Round 1 order instead of based on odd vs. even rounds, since then it's "you chose your first player later so you get a higher priority" instead of "you chose your kicker later so you get a higher priority".
Thanks for your opinions. I now have 2 versions of that waiver priority code. Neither one is currently in use in this other league of mine. We are doing one more year of reverse standings order in that league while both code versions are simulated/tested with actual data as the season progresses. Gonna see how both codes fair. Given your thoughts, I think the second version may be better already
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #244 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have had 2 of my leagues draft so far and my 3rd draft is on 9/1/2021 at 9pm est. So I am quite glad I graduated from league 2 last year. Being in 2 draft rooms at once with 2 different teams and different picks would be nuts
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #255 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Who all has accepted the invite and joined league 2?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #278 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

So you guys have 14 in league 2? Never been in a league that large. I do not think I would like it but the little rivalry thing with playing 1 team twice sounds cool

We may want to post draft results from both leagues once they are completed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #326 (isolation #36) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The first 3 weeks of any season have the most injuries and upsets. My team laid an egg in week 1 and lost in week 2 despite being in top 4 of scoring. Things will level out as we continue to see who is good in the nfl and who is Drew Lock. Its unfortunate to start out 0-2 but making a come back can still be done.

Speaking of Drew Lock, I think I get why Fangio went with Teddy over Drew. Teddy is not flashy but he less prone to mistakes than Drew Lock. Denver's opening season schedule does not require flash to win. Making few mistakes can easily get you wins over Giants, Jags, and coming up this week, they get the Jets! My lord the scheduling team clearly likes them broncos
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #342 (isolation #37) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 333, D3f3nd3r wrote:0-3 in scumleague probably woooooooooooooo
Yay you and I not looking good. At least You won league 1 last year and I won league 2 last year so that's something. I seem to recall Joe/Caboose having a lot of losses early last year in league 2 but he turned it around and got to playoffs so D3f and I could do same. I do not feel my team is bad. I think I have run into some bad luck here and there picking few wrong players and having tough schedule so far.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #356 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

If you guys just want to trade those players that's fine in my eyes, but considering the trade mentions round 16 picks, I got to vote it down. This is not a franchise league. No telling who will be in and out of each league each year. Unless one or both of you two pressed the wrong button setting this trade up, this is messed up.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #368 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I approved draft pick trades from the perspective of trading position throughout the entire draft. And you would need to make this trade once teams had been set for the season, but before the draft actually happened.

For example, I am in another league where our random selector had me picking 2nd. A buddy of mine got the chance to pick 11th. Before the draft, we traded spots. So now I was 11 in round 1 and he was 2 in the same round. Since we had a snake draft, I was 2 in round 2 and he was 11 then. Round 3 I was 11 and he was 2. And this pattern continued through out the draft. We essentially switched spots in every round and the rest of the league voted to approve. Our trade was for teams that would exist for a season that was happening right now

What you are doing effects years in the future with teams that may not necessarily be there. Will you be able to override yahoo's controls on the trade if the teams are not there next year? Even if you yourself as commissioner are not there? There are too many variables and this in general is not the same as what I agreed/voted for at year start as I just outlined

If you want to re-propose your trade to just involve the players and not also involve the picks, I'll allow it. Otherwise I don't think what you want should be allowed especially since we don't even know what place/position those picks will be in that round, just like D3f3nd3r pointed out.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #370 (isolation #40) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 362, Nero Cain wrote:I assume then that the draft picks that were traded would no longer be traded.

I'm fine with not trading individual draft picks. I just thought it was lulz to swap a 16th.
You are making an assumption. Do you KNOW yahoo is gonna let you do this? As someone that tests software for a living there's a lot that can go crazy here especially since the teams, players, and comish role can not be set in stone in our leagues

Also what you did does not strike me as a joke when you state stuff like this:
Nero Cain wrote:
In post 355, D3f3nd3r wrote:Wait yeah I didn’t notice that

That can’t happen
Why can't it happen?

I had actually meant to bring this up earlier but now is as good as any. When we voted to allow draft pick trades I think the intention was that we'd be able to swap our snake spots. When I was adjusting the league this year there's a slide to allow draft pick trades so I swiped it and when racefan and I decided to work out a trade I thought it would be fun/
interesting
to swap meaningless 16th round draft picks.

I don't think it's
totally
unfair b/c when you trade draft picks it has to be equal on each side. Like I can't just trade a 1st round for CMC, it has to be a first for CMC and a 16. Everyone drafts 16 players.

I think it's on the managers to weigh the risk of trading draft picks. Like if Poker wanted Aaron Jones this year and he offerers me a 1st for Jones and my 16th. It's up to me to determine if I'm willing to trade 1 of my best players for a maybe a leg up next year b/c Poker might not be in L1 next year. Or if Joe wants to gift me Dalvin Cook and a 16 for a 3rd. It's up to me to determine if I'd be willing to leverage my future for success this year.
One aspect of it seems like it would potentially open up more trades and that might be fun.

I mean you could maybe argue that it's unfair that a player could potentially acquire more than normal high draft picks and I could understand that. So if we want to say no on trading individual draft picks then I'm pretty ok with that logic.
P-edit: the way you worded it did not strike me as being neutral. Struck me as something you wanted, but if I was wrong, that's fine. And if you just want to trade players, that's fine. I just don't think we should involve all these other factors especially since we do not know what they will do. Yahoo could change their software controls dramatically for all we know. There's a lot of new features they added this year given second run of pandemic season.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #372 (isolation #41) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 351, Gammagooey wrote:accepting advice on who to start this week at WR, Allen Robinson has been disappointing but nobody I have is an actually confident replacement for him unless Tee Higgins is back this week
I got Allen Robison in league 1. He is riding my bench until he gets good. Luckily I can start McLauren, M. Brown, and Laviska along with Henry and Mike Davis

I may be in need of a trade since Davis will be on bye and trusting Gaskin or Drake to work at RB is not a Gaurantee. Feel free to pm me here or via yahoo's app if you want to help me and think I can help you trade wise for upcoming byes his season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #374 (isolation #42) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I was trying to say that if you guys just wanted to trade dillon and pollard, I would allow it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #390 (isolation #43) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Nero Cain wrote:In L1 news the schedule is kicking my ass
Do you realize my team has been in top 3-4 scores for 2 of its losses already? And have you seen who I play this week?

KHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #392 (isolation #44) » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am glad you are amused. You know what goes well with that joke? Christian KIRK is on my team
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #399 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

That is some petty stuff there. The name is appropriate regardless of who the true culprit is. Good name choice
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #400 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Scoring for L1 is weird from an overall point of view. 8 teams have more points against than points for them. Khan has over 906 points for and only about 712 against.

I am not saying anything is wrong. I believe everyone is playing fair, its just the schedules and results are all over the place
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #402 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am by no means suggesting we use points. Let's not make a big change like that EVER. Head to head is very fun and real to football. I'm just surprised the differences are so huge this year.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if there was a league where every week you were awarded a win based on being in the top half for that week. For our league it would be top 6 scores each week get a win and bottom 6 get a loss. So you do not have a direct opponent and your players schedule is what matters, not your schedule. This league would be about being consistently at the top. You have 1 awful week, you will get 1 loss. You have one great week, you only get 1 win. This way you can't have a week where you get all the points imaginable, and have that carry you. Nor can you have it ruin you should you get wrecked 1 week. You also not get screwed being second highest scorer against the highest. Nor get a win being the second lowest against the lowest.

Playoffs would only involve the top 6. You could now have head to head matches since playoffs and seeding matter Or you can keep similar regular season settings. Top 2 get byes to next round. Lower 4 are in the pool where top 2 scorers for that 1 week move on. Then top 2 for that very next week from those 4 move on. And then just top 1 from final round is the Super Bowl victor

I think that would be an interesting league to try once. Does any website have a league design feature like that I could try next year?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #410 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well my mafiascum season may be over today. Likely gonna be first season I do not finish in top half of league. Gonna keep fighting, but not much I can do at this point
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #413 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

The loss of Henry at RB means I have Mike Davis, Miles Gaskin, and Kenyan Drake as my only RBs. With my waiver position, I got 0 chance at getting anyone good. Justin Herbert, Derek Carr, Terry McLaurin, Marquise Brown, Dawson Knox, etc you can consider on my trading block. Anyone in need at positions other than running back, you are welcome to call me.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #424 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm not mad about my player being hurt or the waiver. That stuff is part of the game. I'm dismayed that there is little I can do about it. If there were more available good players I could do something. Perhaps the extra roster spot was a bad idea. Or perhaps we should have kept 3 wrs instead of flex, I voted for that.

I am currently in 2 other leagues. I'm 4-4 in one and 8-0 in the other. The 8-0 team has ppr along with DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Robert Woods, Toney, Kirk, Noah Fant. That team has had Chubb, Montgomery, Kenyan Drake, Sony Michel, Ty Johnson. The running backs have been surrounded by injuries and bye week issues. The PPR and Kyler Murray have been carrying me through those problems. Given the amount of injuries this year to running backs and all over the league, I think I will vote for 3wrs no flex AND 1 ppr next year here
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #427 (isolation #51) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 425, Nero Cain wrote:With a large bench and a flex spot, RB scarcity was almost a given. Should always carry your handcuffs for your top backs.
McNichols may not be a valid handcuff given the signing of Adrian Peterson to the Titans. At the very least the Titans have doubts about McNichols filling that void.

Having handcuffs not always viable given some other scenarios. Having Chubb and Hunt and D' Ernest. Having Montgomery and Williams and Herbert. Having Ceh and Williams and Gore. Running back position is getting passed around on many teams this year.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #431 (isolation #52) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 427, PokerFace wrote:
In post 425, Nero Cain wrote:With a large bench and a flex spot, RB scarcity was almost a given. Should always carry your handcuffs for your top backs.
McNichols may not be a valid handcuff given the signing of Adrian Peterson to the Titans. At the very least the Titans have doubts about McNichols filling that void.

Having handcuffs not always viable given some other scenarios. Having Chubb and Hunt and D' Ernest. Having Montgomery and Williams and Herbert. Having Ceh and Williams and Gore. Running back position is getting passed around on many teams this year.
Pretty sure no one has both Edwards and Connor. For those not in the know, Nero has Edwards and Montgomery with none of their backups. He had to trade for AJ Dilon to backup Aaron Jones not long ago. Given how carries were spread amongst the titans last night, its more clear now that Titans were not prepared for King Henry to get hurt either

Henry may be back in time for playoffs but my team is unlikely to be in contention then. So if someone wants to trade and welcome the return of the king, I am listening
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #435 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Fair points.

I now agree with you when it comes to having 1 ppr. I will vote for 3wr and no flex again next year. The larger bench being part of the problem, I am not fully convinced on just yet. The league where I am now 8-1 has 10 starters a week (1qb, 3 wr, 2rb, 1te, 1 wrt, 1 def, 1k start) with a bench of 8. So 18 players with 2 irs can be on your roster at once. I did not say all my players before in that league. I want to see how that league plays out to the rest of the season before I finalize my opinion on larger benches
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #440 (isolation #54) » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r wrote:
Spoiler: Current Every-Team-Every-Week Standings in L1 (Actual standings in parentheses)
Mongolian Khans 63-36 (1st)
Circle the Wagons 57-42 (6th)
Yiley's Yodelers 52-46-1 (10th)
Tally Whackers 52-47 (2nd)
Tatum Bellhops 51-48 (12th)
Men Without Helmets 51-48 (8th)
4th and Inches 50-49 (7th)
Poker's Aces 49-49-1 (11th)
Rolling Thunder 48-51 (4th)
Get Reckt 42-57 (3rd)
Moonsault Mahommes II 39-60 (5th)
Qtag 39-60 (9th)

DIVISION OF DEATH 171-225
VOODOO 214-185-1
MITH'S ENVY 208-187-1

Gotta say, some of these disparities are crazy...
I thought my schedule was bad, but looks like Yiley may have it worst or perhaps Wagons does since he has most points against. I am glad I did not play Yiley on the week we tied in score. I have gotten 4 ties in the past in actual games I have played on yahoo. I do not want to see that stat increase.

I feel football should have found a good way to get rid of ties by now. Shortening Overtime in recent years increased them and increased the chance one team could have the ball the entire time of overtime. I like how overtime has play continue after a field goal when one team has not touched the ball. I like how it does not continue if someone gets a touchdown. This put emphasis on both offense and defense imo. But if things are still tied after overtime, I would like to see a dual of kickers. Something like what Russel Wilson describes here: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russ ... kes-sense/
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #445 (isolation #55) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

lol, I bring up the topic of ties just before we have one in the nfl.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #448 (isolation #56) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Jonathan Taylor could become #1 pick in fantasy next year. As things stand its almost guaranteed I get sent down a league. I do not think I have ever been out of top 6 in any league I have ever been in. My gambles did not pay off and I got hit by injuries. Oh well crap happens.

I am about to be 6-5 and 10-1 in other leagues that are worth money, so this is fine. Also Last year I mentioned I was developing software that combined rolling list waiver system with standings based waiver system and had a fail safe that prevented people from tanking to get good players. That code is not currently in use anywhere, but I've been using data from all 3 of my leagues to run some simulations and the results have been pretty good and fair. Going to actually use the code for real in a league next year. And if it goes well maybe I try to sell the code for profit...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #450 (isolation #57) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Interesting, still my lack of any significant run game is probably going to keep ruining me
In post 449, D3f3nd3r wrote:For what it’s worth you’re only going to be one game back of 8th after this week ends
If you are in bottom 6, is there a consolation bracket that can effect who gets relegated and who does not?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #452 (isolation #58) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Interesting. Guess everyone still has a chance at everything to some degree. Has it always been that way?

Have we ever had 14 in league two before? Only 4 will move up, a 5th will not right?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #456 (isolation #59) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am asking how things are usually done

If how things are usually done, does not match the league's current settings, we probably should have fixed that a long time ago.

Changing things now is NOT a good idea.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #476 (isolation #60) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

We are about to have 4 people tied at 4-8 in league 1! lol!
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #479 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Can BrightEyedFish drop one of their SIX running backs for the love of god lmfao
Does yahoo have settings that can be used to limit how many of any one position are on your team? Not just starters but that position in total?

I know we are not using them, but it would be interesting to see a league that limits how many you can have of each position
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #493 (isolation #62) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I was hoping it did matter given where I was after Henry went down, but I got Jamal Williams and Mattison. Gambled on Swift and Cook getting hurt, and they did. I do not like being vulture, but so many others have done same. Was only chance I had. So given I feel I can actually fight back now, I am good with whatever. I think we start it mattering next year is more fair.

Crazily I think I have a slight chance at playoffs still given standings of three 6-6 teams in places 5,6,7 and I am at 9th with 4-8. Now is the more accurate time for...

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #523 (isolation #63) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Honestly the best reason for Nero to step down is because other people want him to. I do not want to take charge of any of our leagues next year. Maybe Khan, Tally, KMD or perhaps Panzer forms his rival league. I just want a league with 1 ppr and no flex here next year. Amount of roster spots still does not strike me as a problem given I am in another league with 18 roster spots and 10 starters where I have managed to find players all year and never left a blank spot. As far as how we do waivers in that league, I'm open to whatever most people want. Having friends to play with that want to play with you is what matters more than winning

Can the first post please get a standings update for each league when playoffs start. I would also like to know full relegation standards in case someone does not come back next year. I want to know order of who would move up kind of stuff since we did have 5 League 2's move up at start of this season. People that got 9th or 10th in league 1 last year maybe should have got consideration to stay in L1 to some degree unless that's who left.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #542 (isolation #64) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 537, Kilgamayan wrote:Phone has been exploding this evening with "Lead change in your matchup!" notifications, in case anyone is watching Bears/Packers and wondering how Khan and I are doing.
I think this definitely breaks my records for most points for and most points against in a matchup.
My goodness 153.54 to 155.52. Game of the year material. Save some points for the rest of us!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #576 (isolation #65) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

League 1 end of regular season

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #578 (isolation #66) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 127, Nero Cain wrote:If you want to be in a specific division then we can do that.
In post 129, D3f3nd3r wrote:Me/PJ/peg/Reck would be incredibly fun
D3f3nd3r wrote:Can we put “zero divisional games are played” on the rule change ballot for next season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #591 (isolation #67) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 586, Kilgamayan wrote:"What is your PPR scoring system preference?"

"a. I would prefer PPR with receptions worth 1 point."
"b. I would prefer PPR with receptions worth 0.5 point."
"c. "I would prefer no PPR, but if there is PPR, I would prefer receptions be worth 1 point."
"d. "I would prefer no PPR, but if there is PPR, I would prefer receptions be worth 0.5 point."

With a setup like this, PPR versus non-PPR answers can be counted, and then, if PPR wins, 0.5 answers versus 1 answers can be counted.
I like it getting setup like this. So much so I may be stealing some of your ideas for another league I am in
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #594 (isolation #68) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Covid sucks. NFL not know how to handle it. I am glad my season is over and I did not get relegated. I got lucky

I got a bye in one of my other leagues for first round of its playoffs. Do not have to worry about covid ruining that team

And my last league I have clinched a playoff spot. Regular season is still going on there, but all 4 teams in playoffs have been decided for the league. The 4 teams in are all 10-4 or 9-5 so seeding is still up for grabs. But with all 4 teams so close, its not a big deal who is which seed.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #598 (isolation #69) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

That is what that means. Congrats^

By the way, it looks like playoff reseeding is not turned on in league 1. The 1 seed is currently playing the 4 seed while the 2 seed is against the 6 seed in league one playoffs

The reseeding also effects the consolation bracket, but no one cares about that any more. Nero lost in round 1 of consolation so previous arguments about that stuff are mute
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #599 (isolation #70) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

What are league 2 standings and playoffs looking like? First post not updated for league 2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #607 (isolation #71) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

To some degree I have stired the pot when it comes to the arguements about how Nero has run the league. Part of me may have still been bothered by the incorrect use of the draft picks trading earlier. And so I got mad about minor other things as well. Things I should have remembered to bring up given last years 6 team playoff in league 2

I also admit that I myself wanted the consolation bracket to matter at one point as I thought it could be only chance I had left to save my unlucky team. I was wrong to want and contribute to that discussion

I apologize for these transgressions and have no desire to run the mafiascum fantasy football leagues myself as I feel I have too many other responsibilities already in real life. I wish there was a way we could run the leagues together as friends more than anything. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #610 (isolation #72) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Making the consolation bracket matter late in the season does effect the league. For example, right now I do not feel the need to get any players for my team. My team does not matter. If the consolation bracket mattered, I would try to upgrade players on my team. This would effect waivers and pickups of teams that are in the playoffs. The nfl has rules about head coaching jobs and signings during the playoffs for reasons of collusion and how it would effect the players and teams still in the playoffs after all. This is not a perfect analogy to our consolation bracket situation but it is something we should consider if we ever do have the consolation bracket matter in the future
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #619 (isolation #73) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Nero Cain wrote:
In post 610, PokerFace wrote:This would effect waivers and pickups of teams that are in the playoffs.
I agree but it would still have that same effect next year though. So why is it such a no-no this year but it's ok for next year? Are you now against it? Unless I'm misunderstanding the discussion was about whether or not would change it this year with most everyone agreeing to the change for next year. I didn't care one way or the other despite claims that I had changed it.

I mean, it's a moot point now since we've already started the brackets so it wouldn't be happening this year anways.
I am kinda undecided in hindsight. Making it matter part way through season absolutely changes strategy. I'd rather we vote on it at beginning of the season

I am rather glad it not matter since I getting beat in that bracket at the moment

Whoever runs league 1 next year please be sure to cover voting options for consolation bracket mattering and playoffs getting reseeded please

I think KMD should remain head of league 2 since he did it this year and no one has complained to my knowledge
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #637 (isolation #74) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

The league 1 championship is clearly over. Khan is up by 50 with D. Johnson still to play.

Congrats to Khan and LLD. Was a hell of a crazy season. I look forward to playing you all again next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #646 (isolation #75) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 642, Kilgamayan wrote:So who's moving up from L2 to L1 aside from LLD? I might actually have some free time this upcoming weekend to throw down an offseason discussion & planning thread.
Pooky Robb Rhinox and I.
Solid group there. I played with Pooky and Rhinox before.

Since Robb and You made Superbowl, you must be good.

Already looking forward to next year. Welcome

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”