"Final Hour"

Ring the Bell 10.4
petapan, Ydrasse, the worst [2]:
the worst, Ydrasse

petapan, Ydrasse, Gammagooey [1]:
Gammagooey

Not Voting [1]:
petapan

With 4 finalists remaining, it takes 3 votes to Ring the Bell. Teams must contain three members. If rung and entirely composed of town, town wins. Otherwise, scum wins.
[/mech]

Tick Away 10.4
Not Voting [4]:
petapan, Ydrasse, Gammagooey, the worst

With 4 finalists remaining, it takes 3 votes to Tick Away. If selected, scum instantly kills a town-aligned player. Afterwards, this option is switched to "Stop the Clock".

Tick Away is selected automatically in:
(expired on 2021-11-26 01:37:39)s
[/mech]

Crash the Party 10.4
Not Voting [4]:
petapan, Ydrasse, Gammagooey, the worst

With 4 finalists remaining, it takes 2 votes to Crash the Party. If crashed, scum wins.
[/mech]

Now playing..

IDKHOW - Clusterhug

                        
▶ ❚❚ ───────────────────────────●───  2:59 / 3:11
                       
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7501 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

we should decide tonight bcuz thanksgiving is tomorrow
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7502 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by the worst »

i'll be around if i can like, help at all
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7503 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by petapan »

yeah i know

i did the last bit of checking i wanted which was a little further skitter meta and a reread of the blue room

i want to hammer although it doesn't feel quite right not letting gammagooey get a final word in but can't drag this out forever

i guess i'll type up a post with my final reasoning here
free crypto
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #7504 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

sounds good
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7505 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by petapan »

i am watching a movie now though so don't stay up waiting for it

(the movie is once upo a time in china starring jet li)
free crypto
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7506 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by the worst »

that's a nostalgic film choice. jet li is awesome.
--
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7507 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@peta - I appreciate it, and I did overreact to the vote.
I thought 'if he thinks there's ANY chance I'm town why is he doing this when it's clear I'm confident enough in it that I'd be 100% pushing on Taly tomorrow too if he lives' and immediately posted a reaction instead of stopping to calm down and think about that literally everyone but me would need to vote Nay for Ydra to die on a tiebreaker and it had a 0.001% chance of happening. (Though I do have a funny/dumb anecdote about something similar for post-game)

Also I have a dumb analogy about last event so hopefully something amusing can come out of all the frustration earlier

You, Taly, & I are a family arguing about who took all the cookies last night.
I'm the boring middle brother with whatever personality traits you feel are appropriate
Taly is the younger brother who keeps poking me over and over again and saying I stole them - it's annoying but he just wants to be right and convince mom that he's right so she'll buy him more cookies
You're the older brother, and sometimes you say things that come across harsher than you mean them to - I don't know if it's to provoke me so you can figure out whether I actually took the cookies, or you're just used to talking with friends that way when they know that you don't mean it. I felt mildly insulted by you for something else & was feeling generally frustrated with the entire cookie situation and exploded over something that seemed worse to me than it actually was.

but obv the important thing is that dad got high last night and ate all of the godamn cookies
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #7508 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm expecting to die here tbh but I'll throw up one more explanation of what I did earlier in the game and my thought process for it. I don't even really think I can call it a defense since if you think I'd be willing to hardbus every partner I had at the first chance I got (say what you want about how I didn't push skitter in Blue PT ULTRA HARD over infinity even though I think I was clear there she was my biggest scumread and ya'll hammered Infinity before I finished reading the game so I slowed down on reading and generally doing shit in the PT after that) then what I did here in particular would fit that too.

When we hit 6 players voted across for the crossing event (including Dwlee who died after being sent across first), I jumped in to push Cakez instead of Ydrasse for the 2nd to last player across. On one hand, I did think Cakez was townier than Ydrasse, but the main reason I had for doing it and particularly for doing it THEN instead of waiting for Ydrasse to cross and then pushing for Cakez as the final one, is that to me it looked like if I didn't do something to stop everyone from just voting all the 'Consensus' reads and consider people a little more carefully, imo Firebringer was likely going to slip through as the last person to cross.
In post 5588, Ydrasse wrote:if it’s the read on your slot... saber doesn’t leave the game like that as scum nor does hq show that level of emotional range as scum (i’m crying every day, etc etc)
In post 5581, SirCakez wrote:Ydrasse, Tamora's Angel, SirCakez, Firebringer, Gypyx, Toogeloo, Gammagooey

From the uncrossed I guess leave Tamora's Angel, Toog, Gypyx, ???
Firebringer? ughhh
In post 5598, ulyana wrote:
In post 5596, ulyana wrote:
In post 5595, Gammagooey wrote:I feel quite confident that Fire can sheep things without reading as any alignment and is perfectly fine announcing it to the world
if you're town then it would mean firebringer also voted for two towns to cross so if scum!firebringer i would think partners or at the very least one would have to already be crossed? because otherwise would be sheeping team into doomed position and not trying to do anything about it

like,

the 'look see i don't have an agenda' thing doesn't really work if it puts team in unwinnable situation,
so if confident everyone crossed is town, then firebringer is probably town?

hm
This is my post that slowed the game down and pushed for Cakez as the 7th (out of 8) crosser
In post 5651, Gammagooey wrote:VOTE: SirCakez
I personally lean Cakez out of everyone to cross next, but the two things I'm confident on this game are Tamora/Firebringer-scum (b/c of Saber/HQ and skitter's play) and I'm pretty willing to openly wheel and deal with my vote to make sure they're left uncrossed.

TALY
you probably disagree with me on Cakez over Ydrasse crossing next, and I think you've mentioned that you think Cakez is a likely busser of Dunn - are there any specifics you could point me to on why you feel that way?

oh hey there's a taly
It's reasonable and true to say that I didn't try very hard to actually stop Ydrasse from going across, because that's not really what I cared about. I did my best to make sure that both of my strongest scumreads were ACTUALLY in an event that was likely to cause their death, not just posture that it was what I wanted and leave myself open to complain about it later if I didn't get what I wanted. And it worked - Ydrasse still went through 7th, but enough people were ok with me, or my pushes either of Cakez to live/Fire to die, or for Gemerald his "current view of the gamestate" for Cakez to be put through last.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7509 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:55 am

Post by the worst »

In post 7507, Gammagooey wrote:@peta - I appreciate it, and I did overreact to the vote.
I thought 'if he thinks there's ANY chance I'm town why is he doing this when it's clear I'm confident enough in it that I'd be 100% pushing on Taly tomorrow too if he lives' and immediately posted a reaction instead of stopping to calm down and think about that literally everyone but me would need to vote Nay for Ydra to die on a tiebreaker and it had a 0.001% chance of happening. (Though I do have a funny/dumb anecdote about something similar for post-game)

Also I have a dumb analogy about last event so hopefully something amusing can come out of all the frustration earlier

You, Taly, & I are a family arguing about who took all the cookies last night.
I'm the boring middle brother with whatever personality traits you feel are appropriate
Taly is the younger brother who keeps poking me over and over again and saying I stole them - it's annoying but he just wants to be right and convince mom that he's right so she'll buy him more cookies
You're the older brother, and sometimes you say things that come across harsher than you mean them to - I don't know if it's to provoke me so you can figure out whether I actually took the cookies, or you're just used to talking with friends that way when they know that you don't mean it. I felt mildly insulted by you for something else & was feeling generally frustrated with the entire cookie situation and exploded over something that seemed worse to me than it actually was.

but obv the important thing is that dad got high last night and ate all of the godamn cookies
this is so damn cute.
--
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #7510 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

uhhh we have 3 hours
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #7511 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

happy thanksgiving btw
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7512 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by the worst »

please don't forget us peta :sob:
--
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7513 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by petapan »

not forgotten just busy and writing
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7514 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by petapan »

been busy with (non-holiday) stuff so this took longer than anticipated

let me lay out my reasoning for all this in one place. i might be wrong but at least you can see what i was thinking.

1. skitter is far more likely to distance from or bus a partner than defend them. can she change things up to against meta? sure, but i have no idea why she commits herself to saving gamma emerald on day 1 of an all vanilla setup. the only times she tends to go the defense route is when there is a mechanical or gamestate reason to be anti-bus: this offered neither and yet she was setting herself up to look horrible if people ever decided to flip gamma emerald.

by contrast, her treatment of galron/unwnd looks super-partnery for her: she tried some soft touch questioning at first on galron, and then when his posts did not improve, she started pushing him when people mentioned him as a suspect and kept going through multiple phases. however, when the appetite for unwnd wasn't as strong as anticipated, she votes dwlee instead, only going after unwnd when he comes out looking bad in his fight with ydrasse and cakez. this is, again, really highly characteristic of how skitter plays around her partners - if she thinks they look bad in an argument she's going to bus. the final straw is that with an ability to vote essentially anyone in blue room and unwnd's slot as her supposed top scumread, she opted for voting me instead.

2. galron's posts were bad. unwnd's posts were alo pretty bad. if i go past the self-voting nonsense, there's not a lot there. notably, unwnd was very strong in his distaste for saber and skitter, but never really articulated a coherent case against either. he mostly just whined about how he wanted to kill saber while not explaining. the explanation he did give didn't say much and was mainly saying "the townreads on saber are bad". this fits the pattern of scum who is being bussed pointing the finger at their partners as they're going down.

the fact that unwnd tried to weakly backpedal on his skitter read after dunn unexpectedly got shot is another point against. he used me as an excuse rather than revising his own read, which is a typical scum tactic. of course gamma emerald did too but it feels more in character for GE to defer than unwnd.

the fact that the scumreads on those two players persisted even as a different person took over the slot feels non-coincidental as well. that gammagooey clued in to skitter so quickly in blue room but didn't really strongly push it seems like a red flag. gammagooey came out with a hedgey light dislike of saber's posts, but gives an excuse of how it could be style or whatever. this flips when i come out of blue room guns blazing for saber. if we assume that skitter started losing enthusiasm for the game here and realized she wasn't going to endgame, the increased pressure from gammagooey makes a lot of sense as the partner she was setting up to endgame.

i also think the interactions between saber and unwnd/gammagooey in the the blue room were extremely awkward and probably partner-indicative. saber tries to write unwnd off as town because of his dunnstral progression, which is rather silly, especially after saber was so gung ho for unwnd's blood before that. saber looks like she's trying to de-escalate between them when she does talk. her asking gammagooey "do you share your predecessor's read on me?" is awkward as fuck.

3. gamma emerald, although really sketchy for large parts of the game, did have moments of genuine feeling and the occasional depth of analysis that i mostly don't see in his scumgame. i think just on an individual basis his posting has more towny moments than the other slot.

4. both harley and TA went down pointing their bony finger at gammagooey and talking about how he was scum for interactions with skitter/galron being saved.

this again feels like typical dead man walking scum calling out their partner who's deep trying to make them look town. that two people did it makes it feel non-coincidental, especially with how typically TMI harley's reads were on people she defended. gammagooey waas never in danger, so why did they attack him? to distance. this is honestly maybe the strongest for me, just feels such typical spew, it mirrors how unwnd was treating the saer slot almost perfectly.

5. i do kind of think gammagooey was trying to fast-play us in event 9 and have people turn their brains off and that's conducive to a scum win con when he wasn't getting much scrutiny. i also think his points against Gamma Emerald have just been...not that strong? Like he's more telling me what I want to hear than anything, it's a
plausible
narrative but i don't get the sense he really believes he pinned scum down with the points he's making.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7515 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by petapan »

so sorry if wrong etc

VOTE: ring the bell: petapan, Ydrasse, the worst

and don't spoil it, please. let the director have the dramatic finish she wants
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7516 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by petapan »

free crypto
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #7517 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

"Final Hour"

Ring the Bell 10.FINAL
petapan, Ydrasse, the worst [3!]:
the worst, Ydrasse, petapan

petapan, Ydrasse, Gammagooey [1]:
Gammagooey

With 4 finalists remaining, it took 3 votes to Ring the Bell.
[/mech]

Now playing..

IDKHOW - Clusterhug

                        
▶ ❚❚ ──────────────────────────────●  3:11 / 3:11
                       
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner