Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 890, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 888, Color Blue wrote:
In post 886, Heart Shape wrote:With that premise, there could be 3 teams with scum in them or 2 teams with scum and Star is scum. Red & Pentagon and Blue & Circle I think may be most likely, with Red being scum in that pairing and Blue in the other. I didn't like Blue's treatment of Diamond, and I've gotten bad vibes from Red both pre- and post-substitution.

I think it's pretty crazy you think I could be scum with Star given the way the previous Star attacked me.

What exactly did I do to Diamond that you think is scummy?
And I'm not pairing you with Star necessarily, I'm just operating on a supposition. I'm slightly more confident in your being scum rather than there being just two teams with a scumbo in them.
Your solving feels pretty genuine currently. I don't think I want to vote out Heart. I do think, however, that the talk of Star using the delay is kind of wild given the previous groupthink seemed to be to avoid using it at all?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 896, Color Orange wrote:
In post 836, Pentagon Shape wrote:So I see some slight inconsistencies here. Green has Yellow, Diamond, Star as “could go either way” but later states that they “believe all unpaired folks are town and then wrongly shades red by incorrectly implying his replace out was actually voluntary when it clearly wasn’t.

So I’m torn on this because I dislike both but for different reasons, not really impressed with Star either. Diamond and Yellow are nulls am not currently worried about anyone else.

I’m thinking that it’s probably unusual for scum to right out of the gate try to put such a huge target on their back when it’s safer to not make waves.
I think a problem that only just clicked for me on seeing your post is that Green asserts that essentially, two out of three of the people in his "could go either way pile" are town to him, but never really cares to reconcile what that means for the remainder? Having two people as scum does not a solve make.
Yes, that is the one thing that continues to bother me the most about green, the constant contradictions. I think Heart’s recent posting is good and shows a nuanced view of the game and can see no agenda behind their posting. They feel really genuine to me with their recent posts.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 891, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 37, Star Shape wrote:Since being unpaired doesn't mean automatic death in this game, I can volunteer to be the lone shape. In this scenario, I'll just keep the Delay holstered so it won't be an issue going forward. I'd prefer to be paired of course, but I think this is the easiest way to deal with this situation and make it a non-issue.
I have Star as null-town, but I think this very first post needs not be forgotten.
Keep in mind that is not the same person that is now holding the slot. But I like that you took the time to remind everyone of that before I did.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 877, Heart Shape wrote:So I guess asking Star who they are leaning to delay should figure into this calculus of who to lim

I don't really understand this.

You'd be assuming as a baseline that Star is town and that delaying a scum player is good.

But why would Star's delay preference matter in terms of who we want to elim? If star's preferred suspect is also the consensus elim - it'd make more sense to use elimination rather than delay on them.

If it is not, then it wouldn't be an elimination preference.

Either way I don't see why we would ever reconsider eliminating a player simply because Star prefers to delay that player instead.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 890, Heart Shape wrote:And I'm not pairing you with Star necessarily, I'm just operating on a supposition. I'm slightly more confident in your being scum rather than there being just two teams with a scumbo in them.

Ok, it sounded like a team solve the way you phrased it earlier.

do you have a current readslist to share?
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 889, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 888, Color Blue wrote:
In post 886, Heart Shape wrote:With that premise, there could be 3 teams with scum in them or 2 teams with scum and Star is scum. Red & Pentagon and Blue & Circle I think may be most likely, with Red being scum in that pairing and Blue in the other. I didn't like Blue's treatment of Diamond, and I've gotten bad vibes from Red both pre- and post-substitution.

I think it's pretty crazy you think I could be scum with Star given the way the previous Star attacked me.

What exactly did I do to Diamond that you think is scummy?
Post doesn't sound like it comes from a genuine place. Although you threw Star in there too, and that one I think is more likely so it could be a foundation for a bus.

This is weird to me, you say it's not a team solve but here you are saying I am setting up a foundation to bus my partner star.

I think you are having trouble keeping track of your own fake solve.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 891, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 37, Star Shape wrote:Since being unpaired doesn't mean automatic death in this game, I can volunteer to be the lone shape. In this scenario, I'll just keep the Delay holstered so it won't be an issue going forward. I'd prefer to be paired of course, but I think this is the easiest way to deal with this situation and make it a non-issue.
I have Star as null-town, but I think this very first post needs not be forgotten.
You are missing a conclusion to this.

What do you actually think about his first post entry?
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by Color Blue »

Green saying he thinks Heart + Red are both mafia

and then Heart/Red both saying that each other are mafia but not really voting for each other.

Is a very strange look.

Put yourself in Red/Heart's shoes.

Usually when someone accuses you of being mafia with OTHER PERSON.

And that OTHER PERSON is also very scummy to you...

You'd think you'd be pretty eager to push that OTHER PERSON.

Instead Heart/Red just throw shade at each other but no votes and seem to be angling for voting out someone else.

Makes me think Green is correct about his SRs.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 907, Color Blue wrote:Green saying he thinks Heart + Red are both mafia

and then Heart/Red both saying that each other are mafia but not really voting for each other.

Is a very strange look.

Instead Heart/Red just throw shade at each other but no votes and seem to be angling for voting out someone else.

Green also SRed Yellow. Though, I would consider that having two correct SRs never gives you towncred. So, if anybody ever SRs Green, I would like them to remember that what Green is doing is quite brave and obvtown. I don't really SR Red atm but you're making me think about it in relation to the interactions between Red and Heart.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:51 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 908, Color Purple wrote:
In post 907, Color Blue wrote:Green saying he thinks Heart + Red are both mafia

Is a very strange look.

Green also SRed Yellow. Though, I would consider that having two correct SRs never gives you towncred. So, if anybody ever SRs Green, I would like them to remember that what Green is doing is quite brave and obvtown. I don't SR Red atm but you're making me think about it in relation to the interactions between Red and Heart.
EBWOP
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Post by Color Purple »

Actually, imagine if Green just solved the game. That would be worrying though. :shifty:
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:05 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

VOTE: Heart
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Color Red »

Ah yes the age old question

Vote the person who blatantly isn't curious as to the alignments of other players OR keep voting the person that's not there

I'm glad I chose the latter looking at heart's recent posts.

We should probably not delay n1. Once we know what the powers are we can decide what is most dangerous in scum hands to delay
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Color Red »

How you guys don't see the blatant shitpushing is baffling.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Color Green »

In post 907, Color Blue wrote:Is a very strange look.
A very strange look indeed.
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

Rough day, leme kno if thers nething i shld read.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 913, Color Red wrote:How you guys don't see the blatant shitpushing is baffling.
Could you give some context or explain what you're talking about?
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

Orange dipped a little in my reads.
But I should probably focus on the lurkers instead.
Then again, the lurkers replaced out, so maybe I should not.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 912, Color Red wrote:Ah yes the age old question

Vote the person who blatantly isn't curious as to the alignments of other players OR keep voting the person that's not there

I'm glad I chose the latter looking at heart's recent posts.

We should probably not delay n1. Once we know what the powers are we can decide what is most dangerous in scum hands to delay
I don't really understand how you can characterize Green pushing Heart as "blatant shitpushing" if heart is in your scumreads as well.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Color Blue »

Why did you vote heart in the first place if you were just going unvote before heart even responded?
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Star Shape »

In post 783, Color Green wrote:
In post 777, Star Shape wrote:Arrow feels rather stagnant, if you will?

His reads come across the same since the beginning of the game regarding green, pent, and orange. It doesn't feel like he's evolving that much throughout the game.
I still don't think willingly shoving his head into the obtuse sands time and time again while also admitting fault comes from scum, like, ever, though.
Thats taking the defense of its so stupid it can’t come from scum which I don’t think is a strong enough defense lol
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Star Shape »

In post 786, Arrow Shape wrote:

His reads come across the same since the beginning of the game regarding green, pent, and orange. It doesn't feel like he's evolving that much throughout the game.
I'm not really seeing anything to change my mind on Orange.
And my read of Pentagon has been up and down but I just haven't been commenting on it.
As for Green I'm tunneled, but I'll just get out of soon I hope.
Rather, I probably wanna shoot a reset there.

I'm kind of paranoid about replace ins in general though. You're both better than the previous iterations, but that doesn't make me feel better, it just makes me more suspicious.
Hopefully, I won't be too tiresome to deal with.
I don’t have anything against your playstyle if that’s what you mean.

I just think it’s an interesting position and I’d like to see how it goes moving forward
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Star Shape »

In post 792, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 789, Color Orange wrote:
In post 1, penguin_alien wrote:6) Pairing PTs will open at the start of Night One and remain open for the remainder of the game so long as both players are alive. All Night Phases will be two days/48 hours. Each paired player will be sent a PM informing them of their partner's Power or Modifier. The player will not be informed of their own Power or Modifier.
I guess not. I feel rather upset as I was hoping to get a chance to talk shop with Triangle a bit in my limited availability I have tonight.
Yeah because considering we’re now voting, having pts would probably make this a lot easier to make reads except of course with Star.

@Star what is you think about Heart’s playstyle is getting misread?
Putting a pin in this to come back to
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Star Shape »

In post 806, Circle Shape wrote:

okay but on the other hand

there was not a ton of reason for most of those reads to evolve?

in particular green disappeared and had to be replaced so there was no new data to work with at all

nothing dramatic has happened with orange

pentagon has been contentious at least

but i dont know that static reads over 30 pages is suspicious when the game is stagnant especially with the lopsided posting distribution i mentioned earlier
In post 779, Star Shape wrote:I feel Heart is getting scumread based off playstyle n not content, if that makes sense
i feel like that is a weak defense especially when we do not know identities and cannot know if someone normally plays this way

i see people sorting

and then i see heart

who is saying things to appear relevant but is not sorting

and reacted to my asking for reads with a severe overexaggeration

you might assume that is playstyle

but that playstyle can just as easily be used as cover for doing nothing as scum
Key word in both of those posts are “feel”. I have a stronger feeling on Heart than Arrow and I’d like to revisit that. I can see what you and Orange are saying tho and I’ll account for that moving forward.
Star Shape
Star Shape
Townie
Star Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Star Shape »

In post 807, Circle Shape wrote:read stars replacement content and am unimpressed

seems to be handing out town reads rather too easily

the one point of hesitation is he willingly earned the ire of orange when trying to pair and i dont know why scum willfully burns that bridge

but its somewhat minor

dont think is s/s with heart though
I play better with associations and start with town reads. I may be a star but I’m not built to impress :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”