Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I feel like I'd rather leave a town unpaired because even if delayer is anti-town, I'd rather have it in town's hands. I think a good strategy might be to never use it until 2 scum are dead?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 7, Color Purple wrote:And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
This feels a bit fishy.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 11, Color Green wrote:
In post 7, Color Purple wrote: And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
What do posting patterns have to do with alignment? Especially in an anonymous game, with anonymous time zones?
In post 15, Color Blue wrote:I have townpings from Circle and mild scumvibes off Purple's entrance.

I am looking for a partner with a great taste in music and also hopefully very active.

Must like long walks and have a great sense of humor.

Also preferably of town alignment because I don't need to be pocketed in a PT that would not be fun.
These feel like town starting off.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 32, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 22, Color Orange wrote:I feel like I'd rather leave a town unpaired because even if delayer is anti-town, I'd rather have it in town's hands. I think a good strategy might be to never use it until 2 scum are dead?
It looks like the delayer has to be used one night after.
Ah, it’s a permanent effect on a pair. Yeah I’d prefer to not see it get used in that case because I presume that won’t be able to affect the NK.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 42, Diamond Shape wrote:
In post 34, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 8, Color Purple wrote:Let's get pairing! I will start.
PAIR: Circle Shape
, one of my favourite shapes.
How can you pair before anyone else has even posted?
I have small pings from this post. It's a very... meh question.
In post 37, Star Shape wrote:It's weird playing a game with no RVS...

Since being unpaired doesn't mean automatic death in this game, I can volunteer to be the lone shape. In this scenario, I'll just keep the Delay holstered so it won't be an issue going forward. I'd prefer to be paired of course, but I think this is the easiest way to deal with this situation and make it a non-issue.
And this one as well, perhaps a bit more. Star, why make this sort of post to volunteer if you're going to undercut it immediately with a preference? It comes across a bit LAMIST-y to me.
In post 39, Color Red wrote:
In post 25, Diamond Shape wrote:I like the ability to strip mafia of a power; it's annoying to give them a roleblocker but at least we know what it is, where it might go, and if it's given to town we can leash it hopefully.
This reads as TMI. How do you know scum has a Roleblocker?
...whatever Power is left out receives a delayed roleblocker in lieu of their actual power. Thus, we know what power one person has.
In post 43, Diamond Shape wrote:
In post 1, penguin_alien wrote:Game-specific rules and information:
* One Power will be left unpaired at the beginning of Phase Two. This player's Power will be converted into a limited one-time use of a Delayer Implementation. They will choose a Pair before the end of Phase Two whose Power implementation will be Delayed upon submission by one Night for the rest of the game (actions submitted on Night X will resolve on Night X+1 but will still be potentially impacted only by actions made by others on Night X). This will be done via private communication with the mod. If they are eliminated Day One or choose not to use their Power, no Pair will be Delayed.
Roleblocker isn't quite what the role is, but it's delaying someone temporarily from using role.
These seem like town posts.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 66, Color Green wrote:
In post 58, Arrow Shape wrote:I did say I was probably a vig right?
If arrow = vig then green could = loyal. Which would be an awful pairing.
I'm sure that's how the roles were rolled.

Arrow Shape wrote:
In post 62, Color Green wrote: If you must tunnel town read me, could you please do it in a corner.
I wish I could say it's as strong as a tunnel town read. But I'm ok with looking at other slots for now.
I'm not into speculating the existing powers right now.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 64, Arrow Shape wrote:
In post 62, Color Green wrote:
In post 61, Arrow Shape wrote:Pretty sure reading is not exclusively a scum trait.
I think scum are more likely to be careful, though.
If you must tunnel town read me, could you please do it in a corner.
I don't know what this means but it vibes town.
In post 71, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 68, Arrow Shape wrote:Why is red mafia?
fos on players for contrived reasons ("TMI on roleblocker", "LAMIST")

blatant TMI read on pentagon
In post 72, Arrow Shape wrote:Aren't all reasons at this point contrived.
I also like this interaction for both of these people right now.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 78, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 77, Star Shape wrote:I like Circle's posts. Say more wise things for us.
im gay
Spoiler:
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 81, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 79, Arrow Shape wrote:I notice you didn't actually specify which reasons you had for town reading green, nor did you say anything about what your reasons were for moon logicking a town read on green.
correct

those are for me right now
In post 91, Arrow Shape wrote:Yellow makes me nervous because they're looking at me as entertainment, which makes me worry that they're motivated scum that just wants to have some fun by fooling me in a neighborhood.
In post 96, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 85, Arrow Shape wrote:
In post 83, Circle Shape wrote:the opposite actually

but thumbs up
Are you saying you're afraid of criticism or being made fun of?
no i just think they are a little trivial and as town i sometimes find it better to not explain every little thing right away

but i guess since i am inferring something about your own read me being coy is unhelpful

im guessing you scumread green for his page 1 posts all being related to the discussion of mechanics

my thought as purely mechanical discussion is such a cliche scumtell that most scum will avoid opening that way

but it was only a lean at the time like i said since that can easily be a playstyle thing

i think his response to you was townie though

i was going to type things about blue but realized i asked blue a question that i want answered first
In post 98, Arrow Shape wrote:This is accurate. I thought maybe they were clutching at the mechanical teddy bear for comfort before they had to face the world.
Continually getting the feeling Arrow and Circle are town. Would like to pair with one of them, I recall one of them paired with someone already so I will probably be courting the remainder.
In post 99, Color Purple wrote:
In post 95, Arrow Shape wrote:Uh,
why do you think star is town
Their opinion on the lack of RVS. Circle was my RVS pair vote. The question was RQS.
I got the sense that was an attempt at RQS. Not a stellar execution but probably a town thing actually. Also like your course correction.

Are we allowed to read into posts that are main slips?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 100, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 84, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 71, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 68, Arrow Shape wrote:Why is red mafia?
fos on players for contrived reasons ("TMI on roleblocker", "LAMIST")

blatant TMI read on pentagon
Yeah I found that interesting since I haven’t really done anything.
In post 90, Color Red wrote:
Pair: Circle

I found who I want as my partner.
Red definitely has chutzpah, I’ll give them that. lol
Yeah, I kinda feel like Red is a little towny. Maybe I'm being too generous with townpoints though. I'll do an audit on those when I get caught up.
In post 105, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 103, Color Red wrote:
In post 100, Pentagon Shape wrote:Red definitely has chutzpah, I’ll give them that. lol
Not sure what that means lol.
i mean i did call you scum you know

are you just not reading the game
Why do you think chutzpah is a scummy thing?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Color Orange »

Oh wait. Different posters. Still want an answer to why Red's bold play looked scummy but it's not like the point of view was weird like I initially thought.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 108, Pentagon Shape wrote:So far liking circle, arrow, blue, orange

Suspicious of purple, star, red
Okay scratch that previous negation. Why is Red suspicious for you?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 109, Color Blue wrote:
In post 60, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 15, Color Blue wrote:I have townpings from Circle and mild scumvibes off Purple's entrance.

I am looking for a partner with a great taste in music and also hopefully very active.

Must like long walks and have a great sense of humor.

Also preferably of town alignment because I don't need to be pocketed in a PT that would not be fun.
why do i townping

i must know

my ego demands it

I liked:

"and i think lol-pairing is >rand town"

and

"the delayer power seems to be almost entirely pro-scum"
This feels lacking nuance.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 110, Color Yellow wrote:
In post 99, Color Purple wrote:
In post 95, Arrow Shape wrote:Uh,
why do you think star is town
Their opinion on the lack of RVS. Circle was my RVS pair vote. The question was RQS.
RVS pairing right out the gate seems like a bad idea. It's not like normal RVS where a majority has to agree on a lim before there are any consequences, you could have easily been locked into that.
The person accepting would have to answer to why they immediately accepted? This is not Trust Fall where the goal is to pair up in order to escape. You actually have to defend your choices.
In post 111, Color Purple wrote:

Oh I agree. On Red. Blue is definitely a townread for me as well as Arrow and Green.
In post 112, Color Purple wrote:And Yellow is also another town read.
Did Purple vocalize a townread on me at this point? Why wasn't it re-affirmed here, just because it had already been expressed?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:42 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 115, Color Purple wrote:Is this TMI?
What do you mean by this.
In post 117, Circle Shape wrote:im going to call purple town and assume they get yeeted at some point at some point anyway for being weird

so i can say i told you so
No. As long as Purple remains a townread for me I'll fight tooth and nail to keep him alive.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 122, Arrow Shape wrote:Sure.

Purple, Circle, Arrow. -> All town. Did anyone sneak in.
I support this idea.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 126, Pentagon Shape wrote:Red is still the scummiest. I might be wrong on purple. What do people make of Star wanting to be left out?
I feel like Red is town, as well as Purple. More confident on Purple. I want to see Star post about other things before forming a read there.
In post 128, Circle Shape wrote:i dont think purity of pairings is even essential given the lack of loverization and may just lead to obvtown pairs getting offed

i may be happiest pairing with a null read who i can try to sort in private

thats my last thought for the night
Pairing with scum means that they can mess with your role usage. Either side dying means the role stops working.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 136, Arrow Shape wrote:Yellow is my favorite color out of the available colors and to be even more honest, I like 113 enough to take a jump and see where I land.

Pair Yellow
I'm not questioning you being town from this, but what did you like from Yellow to make you choose them?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:58 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 139, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 22, Color Orange wrote:I feel like I'd rather leave a town unpaired because even if delayer is anti-town, I'd rather have it in town's hands. I think a good strategy might be to never use it until 2 scum are dead?
I like this thinking but the obvious problem is how do we know? Perhaps scum will try to look townie to be left unpaired to get delayer?
I was wrong about this, and do not eel as I did before.
In post 140, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 27, Color Blue wrote:
I don't think that's how a delayer works.

I also think it'd be more informative & exciting for us to eliminate the unpaired player.

I do like the way you think about this and think it's more likely to come from town.
If pairs aren’t loverized I think that’s only a good idea if the unpaired slot is the scummiest. If not, that could be suboptimal.
I think we should try to leave scum unpaired, and then eliminate the unpaired player, that way all the abilities can be used N1.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 210, Color Purple wrote:
In post 206, Color Orange wrote:
In post 115, Color Purple wrote:Is this TMI?
What do you mean by this.
I was talking about . I was worried that it would give away that I've never played outside of the Newbie and Normal Queues.
I would not have thought that. You seemed more suave in a way that meant you had a lot of experience in many areas of the site. This probably actually makes me feel better about you, you probably have less ability to dupe me.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 142, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 141, Star Shape wrote:
In post 139, Pentagon Shape wrote:
I like this thinking but the obvious problem is how do we know? Perhaps scum will try to look townie to be left unpaired to get delayer?
The solution here is to either treat a Delay as a scum claim from the Delayer, or just vote out the Delayer. That's why I volunteered, because if I ultimately end up getting scum read then you can just vote me out, and if I'm town read but a Delay happens then you would know I'm scum.

Best case scenario however is that today we find at least one scum that is a Shape, make them go solo, and then vote them out to get rid of scum and the Delayer at the same time.
I’m onboard with that, unfortunately the slot I currently feel the worst about is a color. I should probably review diamond or heart again.
I think sorting the shapes should be something everyone is at least attempting, since the delayer has to be a shape.
In post 143, Pentagon Shape wrote:So I know it isn’t me and unless I’m wrongly reading circle and arrow and it isn’t star, then it would have to be between heart and diamond, assuming only one scum in shapes?

But with one extra power, it would seem likely at least one.

I really don’t have a read on either but based soloey by PoE, scum is probably likely in at least one. Red looks the worst from the colors with my liking yellow, orange, blue and maybe purple?

Have no idea on green yet but slots that haven’t impressed me yet are: red, heart, green, diamond.
You forgot Triangle.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 149, Color Blue wrote:
Spoiler: Catchup to Pg 4
light townping on for Heart

don't like Pentagon's entry

Nullish on Star Entry. Might be scummy but I've seen town do this too.

Like Orange

@Red what did you like about Pentagon when you made ?

Like Diamond

Arrow/Green back and forth is funnies

I like both of them actually !

I liked Circle

Don't like Star

I like from Arrow

I like from Yellow

I'm worried I might be confbiasing on Purple but I didn't like

Don't like from Red -> find it weird he didn't address all the criticism thrown his way is ??

find this weird don't think star is very townie

Currently around:

Dislikes?: Red Purple
What is your full sort at the moment, given you only have colors sorted in this post?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 168, Diamond Shape wrote:I'm going to curl up in bed again for a long while.

If any colors want to pick my brain in a PT, ask if you want. I'm not the type of player who initiates pairs in dance games and just consider what offers are tossed my way. Probably less picky given they're not lover pairs.

Will try to pop in again later tonight.
I definitely want to pair up with someone I at least feel like I can work well with. Them being a townread is a bonus but not mandatory.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 181, Triangle Shape wrote:
In post 177, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 172, Triangle Shape wrote:158 iz me.
not u.

u slippy scumz.
ask mod cnt b vrifid.
no pts 4 u.
I know 158 is you.

I never claimed it could, so why do you continue to shade me for something I didn’t do?
so u admt u ddnt ask mod?

slppy slde tme!
I don't like what feels like deliberate mass inclusion of typos, but I'm even less a fan of what feels like you interacting with Pentagon in bad faith. You seem to be fishing for gotcha moments.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Also unless Triangle promises to speak coherently in the PT, I will not be pairing with that one. I want to be able to actually discuss in a PT without having to decipher garbled text.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 185, Color Red wrote:Why do you want to pair with me?

I'm not necessarily against it I was clearing the circle pair of my predecessor
Why do you not want to be paired with Circle? Removing existing votes or other actions that are similar is a common practice but the way you say it here, you seem to have a deliberate reason you do not want to pair with Circle.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 192, Star Shape wrote:I agree with an earlier sentiment that it would be between Diamond and Heart, and additionally Triangle for me. Snap reaction to Triangle finally posting is to choose them as the elim since their posts are just...bad. However, I can't rule out them just playing like LHF and want to see their progression in the coming days.
So you volunteered to be left out, but do not want to be eliminated after being left out. Can you talk about that?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 195, Color Purple wrote:
In post 192, Star Shape wrote:
In post 152, Color Blue wrote: @Star which shape do you want to leave out if we are using that as the elim?
I agree with an earlier sentiment that it would be between Diamond and Heart, and additionally Triangle for me. Snap reaction to Triangle finally posting is to choose them as the elim since their posts are just...bad. However, I can't rule out them just playing like LHF and want to see their progression in the coming days.
I want to see proggression too for Triangle. Currently, I have managed to finally move Heart from my null reads. Triangle does post in a way which seems super light-hearted.
I also get this sense about Triangle. Also acknowledging what Triangle said about PT posting, so that's at least something I'll consider especially if I start to vibe more with what Triangle is saying.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 204, Color Purple wrote:
In post 201, Color Orange wrote:

Didn't Pentagon answer that in ?
That was not an answer, merely a digression from the original stance. I still want an explanation of what factored into the original stance.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 220, Triangle Shape wrote:Pntagn alws bad hre.
trd usng me as ezkill.

we cnt vrify ne modQs clm. Ony clmd modQ aftr cll out.

ezpz.

"prgssn" mns i hv 2 stp txtspk... duck.
I do not agree with this. I think even if it wasn't explicit that it was very obvious that pairings were meant to be between shapes and colors. In addition I do not get what you're trying to say Pentagon did wrong here.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Color Orange »

VOTE: Pair: Circle
I am not certain Circle is who I want to pair with yet but I do at least want to put this out there.
Also, I do not feel like the self-audit for townreads is entirely necessary given I also have some slots I do actually suspect currently, those being Triangle and Blue.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:19 am

Post by Color Orange »

Based on this last page I see Blue seems to have paired with Circle. I wish her the best, as I should have tried harder if I really wanted to pair with Circle. Aside from that, been a bit busy, so have only really skimmed things between my last post and now. I do wish to apologize if my actions made Diamond feel unhappy though, because I feel like I did not try to interact with them outside a very shallow engagement. So I would not be surprised if that was a factor in the displeasure they expressed upon coming in a couple days ago.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I see Triangle disregarding the main slip post as evidence. I asked the mod and we can analyze them as long as the actual player identity isn't a factor in that analysis. As is, I do think that post is a town thought on general principle.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Color Red + Pentagon Shape
Color Yellow + Arrow Shape
Color Blue + Circle Shape
Color Purple + Heart Shape

Color Orange
Color Green
Diamond Shape
Star Shape
Triangle Shape

Posting this so I can have a quick way to check the pairs since I do not see anything in the moderator's ISO.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 232, Triangle Shape wrote: - i pnt outits not stted tht colr + shap = pair, is powr + modifir

- sys i ethr dmbtll or fkslp. Askd ModQ ystrdy.

- i cll out its nt in thrd. accse of scmz.

- thrws shde at me. bd reactn. "I just really trust reds opinions"

- me pking.

- trck chng. Nw goin 4 me cuz of my intro pst nd clmin i shded for tht?

iz bd prgrss, bd stnding, msdrctin, redrction, nd jus uttr BS. ezpz.

nxt scms.
I think there's a small bit of merit to think but I think Triangle needs to be clear how much of their solve is a meme, because it seems like that is partly driving the logic.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Color Orange »

The only Pentagon post out of those I really think might be suspicious is 170. What did Red have to do with anything in the conversation?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 239, Diamond Shape wrote:I'm back and vaguely more alive-feeling.

Also, around if people want to poke at me. I feel like I'm kind of iced out/bleh to most people which makes it... a bit hard to engage with stuff, personally.
What is your opinion on Triangle vs. Pentagon?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 503, Circle Shape wrote:also power + modifier corresponding to color + shape was incredibly obvious based on the rules and signup and didnt take asking the mod

the fact that triangle is continuing to push that argument is way way worse than using the info from a mainslip post and has me raising an eyebrow
I said this same thing.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 240, Color Purple wrote:
In post 238, Triangle Shape wrote:tldr bad shot at lhf. ez catch, nxt scum plz.

txtspk = textspeak, the hell that was T9 and 10c a message. even cost to receive -.-;
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
In post 241, Color Purple wrote:Wait, 'nxt scum', means your scumreads, right?
In post 242, Color Purple wrote:So, from my perspective, Triangle, you scumread two people. Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
I like this way of doubling back on the interaction. Pretty towny to want to make sure this point is cleared up.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 246, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 205, Color Orange wrote:You actually have to defend your choices.
Can you explain this?
The other person who responded had it right. I forgot about the fact scum could not pair with each other in Trust Fall though.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 254, Color Purple wrote:Though, I would want one of my null reads to remain unpaired.
Was this a deliberate statement in terms of wanting a null read left out over a scum read, or was this just said because you lacked scum reads?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 257, Color Purple wrote:To be fair, Triangle remaining unpaired does mean that Pentagon or Star will get delayed based on . Diamond is my opinion, the only null read who I'm uncertain about. Red, being a colour, will have to get paired, eventually.
This gets me thinking. Triangle getting left out, at this point, nearly guarantees Red+Pentagon get delayed. Is that something we would ever want?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I think I agree with Purple's town read on Diamond, and more specifically I think I would get along well with Diamond in a PT, they seem to have a playstyle that I can work with well.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 269, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 201, Color Orange wrote:

I flipped my read on red, I know think they’re town and I’ve explained why.
I still want to know why you initially suspected red, though.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 270, Pentagon Shape wrote:
trd usng me as ezkill.

ezpz.

When you speak English and actually stop misrepping my posts, let me know.
I do not like this. I'm already slightly favoring triangle's position in the clash between you two specifically (I do not place much weight in the rest of the solve), and you telling them to talk normal this way feels like a shady discredit of their position. Someone also recently mentioned people complaining about the gimmick might be scum and this feels like it might be that.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #45) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I think Pentagon is suspicious though. Depending on whether my feelings there get more definitive, I would perhaps suggest to eliminate Pentagon today, but that would also depend on if the person left out feels like they might be scum.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 277, Color Purple wrote:
In post 270, Pentagon Shape wrote:
trd usng me as ezkill.

ezpz.

When you speak English and actually stop misrepping my posts, let me know.
I think that Triangle did for one post or so. I do find Triangle becoming a scumlean for strange reasoining, using symbols as a means for justifying their scumread on you and Star. Next thing will be that Green is Town and Red is Mafia, if that faulty reasoning persists. I highly doubt most of Triangle's reads are going to end up actually using proper logic like using Posts and stuff.
How does it feel to have jinxed things here?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 282, Color Purple wrote:
In post 280, Color Red wrote:Can someone go over why purple seems to be a consensus townread, I've seen a lot of "purple is town" but I haven't seen why. I have seen a lot of effort but that isn't completely AI.

As far as I can tell Triangle this game has made basically one point which is a really odd roundabout TMI accusation on penta.

Still don't really understand Penta's 180 on me, but others seem to believe the logic holds and its right so I guess it can be left be.
I am a bit confused too on why almost everybody townreads me. Apparently, I'm too clueless to be scum. I guess you're kind of right that I could be doing the exact same things that I've done as both Town and scum. I guess that Pentagon liked your posts or at least your slot's posts. To be fair, do you think that scum might fake a scumread on their partners? Like do a 'aha I found two of the scum and this other guy is also scum', sort of thing? Just some food for thought. You know, would scum do some WIFOM?
That is a very dangerous game to play in my opinion. You run the risk of people asking how you were right on two out of three, but end up constantly wrong on the last one.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #48) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Did you ever get to me on why you thought Red was suspicious initially, Pentagon?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #49) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 286, Color Red wrote:I'd say there is rarely a case where scum doesn't bus their partners, maybe not to the point of elimination but somewhat at least.

Reading through ISOs, not impressed with orange's posts, Purple/Penta's is fine enough that I'd prefer them alive at EoD.

As for the last post of my predessor, I probably wouldn't consider it a towntell if it was on another person, especially if I was already scumreading them but that's probably just playstyle difference.
I am interested in this as you're one of very few to express suspicion of me it seems. Someone else said my play felt polished, which is surprising somewhat. I feel like that's pretty rarely how people describe my play.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #50) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 302, Circle Shape wrote:still quite like the change from pent where scum would not be likely to give credit for that post
Why do you think this?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #51) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 534, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 532, Color Orange wrote:Did you ever get to me on why you thought Red was suspicious initially, Pentagon?
I considered quoting the posts I initially disliked but on reread I don’t view them that way anymore, so I don’t understand how that would be useful?

I would much prefer to focus on my current reads since I consider those to be more relevant.
I believe there's an article on the wiki that talks about how scum will throw out poorly thought out reads early and they can be caught on those. Your early Red suspicion feels a bit like that here.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #52) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 538, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 522, Color Orange wrote:I think Pentagon is suspicious though. Depending on whether my feelings there get more definitive, I would perhaps suggest to eliminate Pentagon today, but that would also depend on if the person left out feels like they might be scum.
Okay, just lost my tr on you. First you say you don’t want Triangle to delay me/red, then you want to elim me. How does that make any sense? This progression is seriously whack.

Triangle’s read on me has at least been consistent albeit wrong but you object to Triangle delaying me to wanting me dead?

Is this making sense to anyone because it’s certainly not to me.
It was Purple who didn't want you delayed. I merely asked if that was necessarily a bad thing given I only town read half of your pair currently.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #53) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 305, Color Blue wrote:I don't think explains why you like heart? it feels like it was more of a backup for you.

Why do you not want to fight for the pairing you want rather than step aside for someone else?
I like this attention to detail somewhat.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #54) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 310, Star Shape wrote:Just finished catching up. So far I like Arrow, Circle, Heart, and Pentagon for town shapes. I was null on Heart for a bit, but their recent posts don't feel panicked about a potential PoE closing in on them, which is +town.

Diamond's defeatist attitude wrt perceived lack of interaction is very meh to me, several people myself included have given him content to work with but he hasn't responded to much. It also seems odd that he's acting like he's going to have to go solo since no one is poking at him too much, even though he's guaranteed to pair up with a color. Also don't like Triangle's gimmick the longer the game goes on, since my eyes tend to glaze over when reading their posts and that may just be the point. It seems like borderline encrypted text, intentionally making their posts hard to read just seems anti-town.

For colors, Green, Purple, Red, and Yellow all feel pretty townie to me.

Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3. If Blue ever flips scum I'd want to get Diamond next immediately. Orange meanwhile is null scum for me, mainly just vibes since a lot of early posts were just "I like this/this seems townie" without giving a reason, plus the early shade on Purple that didn't go anywhere and just faded once he started towning it up. It got weird because Orange seemed to be so impressed by Purple's town read on me that she went from believing Purple was fishy to hard town reading him.
I was going to get to this anyway, so Pentagon badgering me about it is rather pointless, in fact it reads a bit like trying to force the pivot on me to look more justified. Anyway, to Star, I must ask why you make such a point of my town read quantity when I was actually keenly aware of it myself? As for my progression on Purple, I feel like I just saw the effort and it looked genuine and I marked it as townie. I think Purple has also continued to show similar desire to solve. So the initial read shift was probably lazy of me but I do not feel wrong in doing it.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #55) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 548, Pentagon Shape wrote:I find it really fascinating Orange how I’m somehow “badgering” you and “pivoting” on you for pointing out the fact that you questioned red on their read of you but seem pretty disinterested in Star’s. What’s even curiouser is how much more charible you’re being to Star’s calling you “nullscum”. Why is that?
Perhaps it's because I had yet to get to that post in my reading? As for the part about pivoting, what I'm trying to say is it felt like you wanted to make it look like you had more reason to flip your read than just my interactions with you, so you tried to make it look like I was being inconsistent in my approach to things when I simply had not gotten to addressing Star's suspicion because I'm trying to approach this from a primarily linear fashion. I also don't believe my approach to Star is more charitable than my approach to Red. Is it more charitable than my approach to you, sure, but you are basically trying to intimidate me with your read change on me. Well, it's not going to work.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #56) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Regarding the textspeak comment, I think the way you handled it is the scummy part, not you having trouble in the first place. I think the issue comes down to cognitive load. Scum already have to parse through people's thoughts to ascertain threats, gimmicks only make that task harder. As such they'd be more likely to try to quash such behaviors. Also, who are these others who have expressed this issue, and where have they done so? This is not something I am picking and choosing about so if one of my TRs expressed similar thoughts, I would re-assess this point.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #57) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:41 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 311, Color Red wrote:
In post 310, Star Shape wrote: Diamond's defeatist attitude wrt perceived lack of interaction is very meh to me, several people myself included have given him content to work with but he hasn't responded to much. It also seems odd that he's acting like he's going to have to go solo since no one is poking at him too much, even though he's guaranteed to pair up with a color. Also don't like Triangle's gimmick the longer the game goes on, since my eyes tend to glaze over when reading their posts and that may just be the point. It seems like borderline encrypted text, intentionally making their posts hard to read just seems anti-town.
I definitely could see it as coming from frustrated town, but you bring up a good point. Diamond is mainly saying "woe is me, no one will interact with me" instead of just actively interacting with others. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
In post 312, Color Red wrote:Circle seems pretty townie by ISO.
Arrow doesn't have a lot but what is there is a good look for them.
Yellow basically hasn't contributed to the game at all at this point.
I like these thoughts from Red.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 317, Circle Shape wrote:i dont necessarily find anything objectionable in oranges catchup posts but they seem

polished

and it makes me a bit

uncertain
Ah, Circle was the one to say I was polished.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #59) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 320, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 278, Color Purple wrote:And Triangle, don't take this badly. I am not asking you to be like Yellow, but avoid using people's names and avatars as reasons why they are scum.
They’re obviously trolling with that. lol
I still dislike your way of interacting here. It comes off as you trying to simply brush away the suspicion. It would be better looking if you were to try and inquire with Triangle what their actual problems with you were. Because the main meat of it seems to be they think you are trying to shade and discredit them.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #60) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 328, Arrow Shape wrote:I'm obligated to warn people when they get fanciful in their reasoning.
Also, Hiya.
In post 329, Arrow Shape wrote:Is circle paired yet?
This entrance feels a bit weird. Why the specific interest in Circle getting paired, and who is Arrow saying "Hiya" to?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #61) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 330, Heart Shape wrote:Triangle does care. They broke character to explain the T9 texting. I'm not saying that's scummy, but town reading them for larping is hardly warranted.
This feels like an overly simplistic view of why Blue town reads Triangle.
In post 334, Arrow Shape wrote:Oh, you're asking if I agree with their reads list.

Uh, I basically just like the following people for town: Circle, Orange, Blue, Purple, Me.

That's pretty much it so far.
I forget why you paired with Yellow, was it just for entertainment value? What did you find entertaining about Yellow, if that is a correct recollection?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #62) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Color Orange »

That part reads as a joke, yes. But you seem to be acting as if the entire read is a joke, which I also saw was scummy on the wiki.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #63) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Although I am unsure of how you view that read now, actually.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #64) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 348, Color Purple wrote:
In post 340, Arrow Shape wrote:I have paranoia on blue. Particularly I can't tell if their spoiler post is them method acting or providing vulnerability. I can't tell if being fanciful is a part of their process or if it's artificial and calculated.
I can't tell either about that post. It could be an attempt at trying to get scum to refocus their attention on her and distract them from focusing on how others view them. If this is artificial, she did do a great job, to be honest.
I don't think a wise scum would fall for such bait, at best one might subtly angle towards pairing with Blue. That also presumes two things about who the scum are: that scum are not all paired, and that at least one unpaired scum is in the shapes. So honestly, I do not get what Blue is really trying to accomplish with such an act when there's an element of luck to whether any scum would even be able to respond in the way Blue hopes they might.

Also, I would like to re-affirm my town read on Arrow based on posts from this page.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #65) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 567, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 320, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 278, Color Purple wrote:And Triangle, don't take this badly. I am not asking you to be like Yellow, but
avoid using people's names and avatars as reasons why they are scum
They’re obviously trolling with
that
. lol
Again Orange I honestly don’t know what to make of you reading things into my posts which clearly aren’t there. I think it’s extremely obvious what I meant here.
Okay, the issue was that I did not see you engaging with the actual reasoning Triangle had expressed against you, at least not as much as I saw content like this. The only actual attempts I can recall was in the initial interaction, which creates the image for me that you tried to talk down Triangle, didn't get very far, and then tried to disregard the push.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #66) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I thought pairing had to be color first but reading the rules again I must have been misled. And I am rather concerned with what I am seeing has developed since I last posted. Not really a fan of either Green or Star currently.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (isolation #67) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 574, Heart Shape wrote:I guess with five unpaird there probably is scum in there, but I'm not sure I have a preference as far as who should get the delay. If scum get it, I don't know if that's a terrible thing when we don't know what the powers even are yet.
This feels like town.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (isolation #68) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 604, Color Red wrote:Blue and circle have been townie in recent posting

I like a green/diamond pair.

Still not a big fan of either
Why aren’t you a fan of Diamond? Green I guess I understand at least with current events.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #69) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 611, Color Green wrote:I explicitly chose not to replace into the red slot as I felt the posts that caused it to be replaced were extremely scum indicative, even in a vacuum of a general unnamed player.
Can you explain why you think this?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #70) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 631, Star Shape wrote:
In post 218, Color Orange wrote:Also unless Triangle promises to speak coherently in the PT, I will not be pairing with that one. I want to be able to actually discuss in a PT without having to decipher garbled text.
Being completely transparent, I disagree with the philosophy of the last star. I don't want to put trust in someone else. I'd like to lim whoever is taken out. I'm reading as much as I can before I do more stuff irl, but if you're willing to solve with me, I'd love to have you as my partner :)

pair: orange
I think old Star advocated for that to some degree as well but maybe I’m off base.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #71) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 634, Star Shape wrote:Shhh don't spoil it. I didn't get to that part yet
Well your little philosophy might soon be put to the test, as I am more inclined to pair with Triangle unless their re-entry makes me uncomfortable with that option. So if that happens, you’re the one that’ll end up without a partner.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #72) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 652, Color Green wrote:
In post 650, Color Blue wrote:It's certainly very bold!
Probably because there's a gap the size of the marinas trench between red and everyone above them!

The sooner we pair up the sooner I can murder heart and then red!
Why on earth would Heart be first, if you proclaim such a gap to exist in your reads?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #73) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 684, Star Shape wrote:I know I'm trying to partner with you and all but I don't like this post, lol.
What’s wrong with it?
I’m going to be frank, you seem to lack social grace. I think you should have gotten to the point I expressed interest in pairing with someone I can actually work well with. Your current actions and behaviors do not give me that feeling about you.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #74) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Color Orange »

VOTE: Pair: Triangle
Yeah, I have no interest in pairing with Star if he’s going to be a pedant to me. A PT with that sort of person sounds miserable.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #75) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I can absolutely take criticism when it’s delivered respectfully. That’s not what you’re doing.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #76) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 689, Star Shape wrote:I'm still a girl of my word. I'll embody the wishes of my predecessor and use my slot as a beacon of democracy
First, you may wish to correct the pronoun on your account as I called you “he” earlier based on that. Second, I would not be wholly opposed to granting your wish of eliminating the unpaired player. That seems like a comment you made on general principle without realizing it endangered yourself, and then had to hastily backtrack once you found out how much of a pickle you were in.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #77) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I’ll be open to your input going forward. I just think sharing a PT would not be fun for me.

I’ll post up some quickly hashed out reads and then sign off for the night.

Colors:

Orange (obviously.)
Purple (actively solving, pretty simple.)
Red (thoughts in certain places feel genuine.)
Green (thought process of the current occupant feels erratic which is bothersome but not actually scummy after thinking about it. Not really a strong impression there otherwise.)
Yellow (seems a bit suspicious solely for pairing and then not bothering to provide any content for the rest of the pairing phase.)
Blue (I don’t recall exactly what I do not like here but I definitely feel like I had tangible enough suspicion here to rank Blue lower than everyone else among the colors.)

Shapes:

Arrow/Circle (both pretty much have the same general profile of having hood solving mindsets and town-looking reactions to certain things.)
Diamond (I feel like the outburst earlier is a towny exhibition of emotion. It did not seem like there was manipulation involved.)
Triangle (seems invested to some degree at least. Want to see more, for sure.)
Heart (I recall being pinged by something I saw from Heart so he ranks lower than Triangle which is essentially my null point. But I cannot recall what it was without looking back so it’s clearly not strong enough to rank any lower.)
Pentagon (I don’t feel as bad about Pentagon as I did back during the think of our interaction but she still bothers me somewhat.)
Star (the play of the new occupant of this slot feels all over the place, in a way that I feel less charitable towards than what new Green has been doing. But there’s room for that to change and I also should probably factor in the first occupant as well before sending this.)
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #78) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Are we meant to have our private threads yet?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (isolation #79) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 1, penguin_alien wrote:6) Pairing PTs will open at the start of Night One and remain open for the remainder of the game so long as both players are alive. All Night Phases will be two days/48 hours. Each paired player will be sent a PM informing them of their partner's Power or Modifier. The player will not be informed of their own Power or Modifier.
I guess not. I feel rather upset as I was hoping to get a chance to talk shop with Triangle a bit in my limited availability I have tonight.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (isolation #80) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 704, Color Green wrote:Reading is clearly too hard for some of you.

Everyone else
Literal ocean trench
Red
Smaller gap
Heart

I'm at least a little shocked nobody else sees the glaring perspective slip from heart....
I saw what you called a perspective slip and that should have been noticed before your initial reads list. So why did Heart only get bumped down after some prodding?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #81) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 710, Triangle Shape wrote:
In post 503, Circle Shape wrote:also power + modifier corresponding to color + shape was incredibly obvious based on the rules and signup and didnt take asking the mod

the fact that triangle is continuing to push that argument is way way worse than using the info from a mainslip post and has me raising an eyebrow
a nw chllngr apprchs.
Not impressed with you shading my town read over your failure to practice basic processing of context clues. I also think it was painfully evident pairings were meant to be color + shape. So the most charitable view I can give your little attempt at speculation is you are just painfully daft. But I feel like that contradicts some of the personality you exhibit in your explanation of the textspeak gimmick.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #82) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 734, Color Purple wrote:I feel so betrayed by Heart. If we don't eliminate them, please delay them. I would like Heart to explain everything at once. Then, I might vote them.
I don’t get this? This feels very overdramatic.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (isolation #83) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 756, Color Green wrote:
In post 754, Arrow Shape wrote:they're voting Heart and not Red right now
Are you going for the "I read the least actual posts this game" award, or?
In post 704, Color Green wrote:Reading is clearly too hard for some of you.

Everyone else
Literal ocean trench
Red
Smaller gap
Heart
In post 652, Color Green wrote:
In post 650, Color Blue wrote:It's certainly very bold!
Probably because there's a gap the size of the marinas trench between red and everyone above them!

The sooner we pair up the sooner I can murder heart and then red!
In post 611, Color Green wrote:I have been sitting outside the fog of war, following along since the beginning.

Here are my reads prior to replacing in. (Obviously, this ignores my own role PM, but I was fairly confident it was a town slot)

Extremely Town:

Color Blue
Color Purple
Circle Shape

Town:

Color Green
Triangle Shape
Color Orange
Arrow Shape
Pentagon Shape

Could Go Either Way:

Color Yellow
Diamond Shape
Star Shape

Please Deny Endgame:

Heart Shape

Kill As Soon As Able:

Color Red

I do believe all remaining unpaired folks are town, and that the delayer is going to be town as such. Damn the torpedo(s), we eliminate scum, not drag our heels at what could have been with all PR pairings being intact.

I explicitly chose not to replace into the red slot as I felt the posts that caused it to be replaced were extremely scum indicative, even in a vacuum of a general unnamed player.
Oh how woefully you contradict yourself!
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (isolation #84) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 777, Star Shape wrote:Arrow feels rather stagnant, if you will?

His reads come across the same since the beginning of the game regarding green, pent, and orange. It doesn't feel like he's evolving that much throughout the game.
Why is consistency scummy for you? I’ll give you that some flexibility on the replaced slots might be more prudent but except for Red, the newcomers have not felt great so I think playing hardball on those is valid.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #85) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 795, Color Purple wrote:
In post 793, Color Orange wrote:
In post 734, Color Purple wrote:I feel so betrayed by Heart. If we don't eliminate them, please delay them. I would like Heart to explain everything at once. Then, I might vote them.
I don’t get this? This feels very overdramatic.
Oh. I meant that if Heart is scum. Wasn't thinking properly when writing . I guess you're right. I overreacted overdramatically. Sorry.
I’m going to take my own plunge and say that you are likely town (more than you already have been). It’s such a visceral reaction to the situation, I struggle to see it as anything other than genuine distress at being swindled.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (isolation #86) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 787, Arrow Shape wrote:Should I shoot a reset there. I sort of feel like, well there's a lot to unpack with Green's current play. They're talking about sort of nebulous concepts that don't really have an objectively correct answer other than on the extremes ends which are probably bad for town. I also don't think, based on what Green's play is like so far, that they don't see the value in having a good neighbor.
I feel like they might just come across as dishonest sometimes though, but not for the reasons I may think.

Well, I can always just change my mind.
What are you trying to get at with this? It reads a bit like gibberish.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #87) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by Color Orange »

VOTE: Color Green
I want a solid explanation for why Green has explicitly lied about his progression on Heart+Red.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (isolation #88) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Pentagon, I think Green means the content in the main slip post is scummy. I disagree with that, but it’s seemingly not how you’re reading his assertion.

Acknowledging Arrow’s response, while I’m here. That’s a fine take on Green.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (isolation #89) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 808, Color Yellow wrote:I haven't been able to get caught up like I wanted to, but I did have a dream that green was scum for whatever that's worth.
In post 809, Color Yellow wrote:Checked VC, what's up with Heart?
In post 810, Color Yellow wrote:I've just skimmed a tiny bit, but Purple looks bad to me, calling for a delay on Heart. We established pretty early on that actually using the delay is anti-Town and would essentially be a scumclaim from the lone slot.
In post 811, Color Yellow wrote:Wait Purple's paired with Heart? Asking for the delay makes even less sense then, as either alignment. Just refuse to agree on targets if you're that concerned and Heart isn't yeeted
This is a decent string of posts to return with.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (isolation #90) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 818, Color Green wrote:I swear to ~Deity~ if one me person asks about the fucking trajectory "issues" when my single focus since replacing in is to murder the shit out of Heart and Red.

Red-1's posting that was IMO manipulative being an alt-slip doesn't mean it was intended as one, so you take it as if it had been posted as red directly, and that was a tug at emotion, is the last line:
In post 150, Toogeloo wrote:The reason I thought Diamond TMI'd was because as far as I know, we don't know what our powers or modifiers are. So when he claimed that Mafia would have a Roleblock, I assumed he was talking about one of their powers and not the delay action (which isn't a Roleblock).

Shortly after, Pentagon states he didn't like Diamond, which is why I considered Pentagon a good spot to pair with.

I haven't really been trying to scum hunt, so much as figure out who would be my ideal partner.
To me this reads as trying to make you (yes you, the person behind the screen) feel sorry for not liking their approach to the game.
The way you expressed your desire to murder Heart initially doesn't make sense to me. Calling for someone to "never make endgame" seems more like you find them not towny but also not a pressing elimination.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (isolation #91) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Your progression being set aside, I think that's a salient point you should actually address.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #92) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 832, Color Blue wrote:
In post 831, Color Red wrote:Alternatively, they weren't satisfied with the gamestate as it was when they replaced in.
This would implicate the unpaired shapes as potential partners, but may not be the case.
I have a hard time believing someone can replace in, decide the game state is bad for their scum team and whip up a fake readslist in 12 minutes.
I think it's implausible but possible. It requires two things I think: a very good briefing in the scum private thread, and a prepared perspective on the game before replacing in. Based on what new Green said about avoiding the Red slot, he clearly displayed the latter.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (isolation #93) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 836, Pentagon Shape wrote:So I see some slight inconsistencies here. Green has Yellow, Diamond, Star as “could go either way” but later states that they “believe all unpaired folks are town and then wrongly shades red by incorrectly implying his replace out was actually voluntary when it clearly wasn’t.

So I’m torn on this because I dislike both but for different reasons, not really impressed with Star either. Diamond and Yellow are nulls am not currently worried about anyone else.

I’m thinking that it’s probably unusual for scum to right out of the gate try to put such a huge target on their back when it’s safer to not make waves.
I think a problem that only just clicked for me on seeing your post is that Green asserts that essentially, two out of three of the people in his "could go either way pile" are town to him, but never really cares to reconcile what that means for the remainder? Having two people as scum does not a solve make.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (isolation #94) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 842, Color Blue wrote:
In post 808, Color Yellow wrote:I haven't been able to get caught up like I wanted to, but I did have a dream that green was scum for whatever that's worth.
In post 809, Color Yellow wrote:Checked VC, what's up with Heart?

I do not like these two posts.
I get it somewhat but it depends on what Yellow meant by the second post.
In post 843, Color Green wrote:If it's Yellow-Red-Heart then I believe I am owed a beer.
This reconciles my previous comment a slight amount.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (isolation #95) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 850, Heart Shape wrote:Oh people are mad because I said not tvs instead of not svs. I meant not obviously not svs. That's pretty clear.

I see a bunch of replace-ins too.
Huh, I feel like this error is a slight stretch.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (isolation #96) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 871, Heart Shape wrote:Star sounds a lot more townie that their predecessor, but I'm wary of pocket.
An interesting take. I'll be frank that my issues with Star lie pretty squarely in how lacking the new player is in charisma, so if you can provide a fair and objective town case for him I will probably take it to heart (no pun intended).
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (isolation #97) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 890, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 888, Color Blue wrote:
In post 886, Heart Shape wrote:With that premise, there could be 3 teams with scum in them or 2 teams with scum and Star is scum. Red & Pentagon and Blue & Circle I think may be most likely, with Red being scum in that pairing and Blue in the other. I didn't like Blue's treatment of Diamond, and I've gotten bad vibes from Red both pre- and post-substitution.

I think it's pretty crazy you think I could be scum with Star given the way the previous Star attacked me.

What exactly did I do to Diamond that you think is scummy?
And I'm not pairing you with Star necessarily, I'm just operating on a supposition. I'm slightly more confident in your being scum rather than there being just two teams with a scumbo in them.
Your solving feels pretty genuine currently. I don't think I want to vote out Heart. I do think, however, that the talk of Star using the delay is kind of wild given the previous groupthink seemed to be to avoid using it at all?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (isolation #98) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 891, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 37, Star Shape wrote:Since being unpaired doesn't mean automatic death in this game, I can volunteer to be the lone shape. In this scenario, I'll just keep the Delay holstered so it won't be an issue going forward. I'd prefer to be paired of course, but I think this is the easiest way to deal with this situation and make it a non-issue.
I have Star as null-town, but I think this very first post needs not be forgotten.
Keep in mind that is not the same person that is now holding the slot. But I like that you took the time to remind everyone of that before I did.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #99) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 908, Color Purple wrote:
In post 907, Color Blue wrote:Green saying he thinks Heart + Red are both mafia

and then Heart/Red both saying that each other are mafia but not really voting for each other.

Is a very strange look.

Put yourself in Red/Heart's shoes.

Usually when someone accuses you of being mafia with OTHER PERSON.

And that OTHER PERSON is also very scummy to you...

You'd think you'd be pretty eager to push that OTHER PERSON.

Instead Heart/Red just throw shade at each other but no votes and seem to be angling for voting out someone else.

Makes me think Green is correct about his SRs.
Green also SRed Yellow. Though, I would consider that having two correct SRs never gives you towncred. So, if anybody ever SRs Green, I would like them to remember that what Green is doing is quite brave and obvtown. I don't really SR Red atm but you're making me think about it in relation to the interactions between Red and Heart.
In post 910, Color Purple wrote:Actually, imagine if Green just solved the game. That would be worrying though. :shifty:
Out of Green's solve, Yellow is the only one I might consider voting currently. But a scum flip from Yellow would lend credence to Green's reads I think.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (isolation #100) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 893, Color Orange wrote:The way you expressed your desire to murder Heart initially doesn't make sense to me. Calling for someone to "never make endgame" seems more like you find them not towny but also not a pressing elimination.
Did you ever respond to this, Green?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (isolation #101) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 949, Color Green wrote:
In post 948, Color Orange wrote:
In post 893, Color Orange wrote:The way you expressed your desire to murder Heart initially doesn't make sense to me. Calling for someone to "never make endgame" seems more like you find them not towny but also not a pressing elimination.
Did you ever respond to this, Green?
Answering this in specific detail would be practically main-claiming, but please chalk it up to you misreading my phrasing. "Never make endgame" to me means "murder it and if people won't let me murder it, at least have them agree to not let it to endgame"
Okay. That seems to indicate you initially want Red dead first. Why the change? This question is mostly a formality, it shouldn't affect how I perceive you.
VOTE: Yellow
I want to see where this goes.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #102) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Color Orange »

What is the point of voting to abstain in this situation? If it is to keep powers intact, then why not vote Star? Do you townread Star right now, Heart?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (isolation #103) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Color Orange »

By the way, the content of the last day has felt rather dry, so I might spend some time finishing the reading from before page 20 or so that I still have not done.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (isolation #104) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Had a bit of a busy day, so this will be my only post until tomorrow. I still think Heart has a chance to flip town but I think the information from the flip should be useful regardless. I also just want to get my neighborhood with Triangle. So I'm signing off on allowing hammer if anyone cares about that. I'm also probably going to put off reading the rest of the stuff I missed until I'm in the private thread as well.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (isolation #105) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Color Orange »

Well we Jailkept Yellow last night. So there's alternative explanation to the lack of kill.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (isolation #106) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Color Orange »

Also, Triangle was making me rather leery last night, so I just want to mention that whilst I can.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (isolation #107) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 1238, Diamond Shape wrote:What did you two talk about, Orange? Triangle hasn't been around in a moment (...probably not their fault given the Red elim) but what was making you wary?
We barely talked at all, which is why I was so concerned. I was convinced I was getting nightkilled for the last 12 hours of the night phase because I got radio silence for so long and Triangle had still yet to submit an action. Fortunately he came in pretty much right at the buzzer.
In post 1239, Color Yellow wrote:I'm cursed.

We have/had 3 abilities that block?

Unless Red was lying about Penta being a jail keeper.
Red must have been lying unless there's somehow duplicate powers. Our ability is Jailkeeper as well.
Also, quick reminder that it's the shapes that act, as they are the ones with the powers. Mentioning this since I see a track stated on the Yellow-Arrow pair and if the track was submitted on Yellow specifically, no ability should be showing up even if they were not blocked.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (isolation #108) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Color Orange »

That's speaking in terms of pair-based abilities. Obviously a factional action could still be done.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (isolation #109) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Color Orange »

Well that's awful big-headed of you. You "can't" scum slip? Are you just saying that because you're town, or are you claiming you would never make such a mistake?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (isolation #110) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 1261, Color Purple wrote:
In post 1256, Color Orange wrote:Well that's awful big-headed of you. You "can't" scum slip? Are you just saying that because you're town, or are you claiming you would never make such a mistake?
In post 1257, Color Yellow wrote:Because I'm town.
Now, I wonder what Orange was attempting. I don't notice any point in asking Yellow that question because it'll only result in a NAI response.
I felt like the statement was clumsily worded, and I poked it.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (isolation #111) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Color Orange »

Speaking of poking things, I think aside from mechanics speculation, there's something else I think points to Yellow being the last mafia. In Post , Red tries to push pairing and eliminating in a way that results in elimination of the unpaired player and then chaining pushes based on who would be scum on that person's flip. My supposition is that all the scum had already paired at that point. The pairs formed at that time were Yellow-Arrow, Purple-Heart, and Red-Pentagon. We know 2 scum out of 3 were paired, I think it's reasonable to think the last was paired based on Red suggesting that plan, as that would require the last one to be in a good spot. Out of the players in the suspect pool generated by 399, Yellow is the one I trust the least. Purple has felt genuine all game, Pentagon calling out Red's lack of activity Night 1 was a good look, and Arrow I'm trusting without question at this point.
VOTE: Color Yellow
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (isolation #112) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Color Orange »

In post 1268, Color Yellow wrote:What was clumsily worded about it?
It reads as being in denial tone-wise.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (isolation #113) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Give Triangle a chance to check in, but otherwise you have my blessing to hammer.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (isolation #114) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 1300, Color Green wrote:be the shining star you always wanted to be? Or don't, idk.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (isolation #115) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Hey, don’t beat yourself up. You were right about Red!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”