Is it Ethical to Replace into Your Alt?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:26 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i think the only time that it could be considered unethical is if you replace into a slot that is your own without revealing that it is your own alt, and then using that to radically change reads for a benefit. like as scum you’ve been pushing someone and realize it’s a bad idea so you dip out and get on your main with “better” or more palatable reads that people are accepting of to try and slide by.

inherently people will still read your slot’s behavior on that alt (and will probably scumread the rep out, let’s be real here scum reps out way more) but i think in that situation you can give yourself an advantage that people not replacing into a slot wouldn’t receive, as they would have to prove/fake/etc read changes and behavior changes.

though i do think it’s harder to achieve this anyways as some people might notice that the replacement wouldn’t go through the replacement queue.

otherwise, taking your own slot is... fine i think? i play on alts a lot, some open, some not, and have had some alts revealed midgame. it’s still me and i still have the same meta, same experience with people from them to gauge against my playstyle and posts.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Ydrasse »

people might find it annoying especially if you do end up using meta but it’s not unethical to not wanted it outed; if anything if you repeatedly play on it an establish it as a thing on its own any small “advantage” you’d get from anonymity wanes. being read in a vacuum for lack of any tells to rely on goes either way wrt being town/scumread.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”