Is it Ethical to Replace into Your Alt?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

How is replacing into your alt different from reverting to playing as you would on your main, or just claiming your main while on the alt?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:09 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 7, Taly wrote:
In post 2, Morning Tweet wrote:How is replacing into your alt different from reverting to playing as you would on your main, or just claiming your main while on the alt?
Because some people intentionally play differently on other alts from how they even form reads, to behavior, and even meta.
Could you not accomplish the same effect by just reverting to the way you play on your main while still on the alt though?

Since claiming your main is always allowed I'm unsure how replacing into it can really be considered unethical. If you play differently while on an alt (as a lot of people do), but drop that alternate playstyle part of the way through the game and revert to how you usually play, that's just something that happens. It happens to me pretty much every time I try to do anything different on an alt ever. It's like taking off the restraints in some cases.

As a player looking at that from the outside, I assume that the alt's mindset was no longer helpful enough to the player and they wanted to go back to playing as they normally would. I'm not sure I see the connection where that is compromising to the game. They could have just revealed their main account rather than replace-switch and had the same effect.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:33 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 12, Taly wrote:I can see the question you posed. And I believe you could, theoretically.

To the bolded, but couldn't the mindset to change into another alt be AI?
It could be AI. But so are a lot of things. That doesn't make it compromising necessarily. It's more or less a public declaration you want to switch up how you're playing mid-game, which people do all the time.

For a lot of people it seems like changing accounts assists in the switching of the mindset.

I think I can see what you're getting at -- for some people, the accounts are totally linked to their playstyle and depending on which account they play on, they'll change it up. But this can also be accomplished without replacing. And for players who would prefer to change their account to do this, I feel that'd be better for the game than forcing them to stay on the original account.
In post 13, Ydrasse wrote:i think the only time that it could be considered unethical is if you replace into a slot that is your own without revealing that it is your own alt, and then using that to radically change reads for a benefit. like as scum you’ve been pushing someone and realize it’s a bad idea so you dip out and get on your main with “better” or more palatable reads that people are accepting of to try and slide by.
Lmfao imagine

Return to “Mafia Discussion”