Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 370, Bingle wrote:Hm. Still don’t like GL’s entry. Also firmly disagree with P2, and don’t think GL believes it either. Early scrutiny is great for above average scum because it’s not likely to actually go places and it helps explain why you’re not dead in the late game. Also, classic “that’s town because it mirrors NAI/scummy thing I’m doing” here.
I'm not really following this post at all

1) Do you think Roden is "above average scum"? If so, what is that based on? He has already claimed in the thread that this should be obviously seen as his town game - which I already pointed out means his scum game must be really bad if he honestly believes that.

2) I also just don't agree with you on "early scrutiny being great for scum". There's a vig in the setup and another scum faction who won't care if you're limmed or not. when I'm scum I always feel better when I'm coasting than when I feel like I'm expected to post and answer for the questionable shit in my ISO

3) I don't understand the last sentence at all, I don't know if it's a miscommunication or you not understanding my post. Where do you think I'm calling anyone town in that post? Did you misunderstand my point about how I don't buy Roden claiming to "put himself into this situation" - because the "situation" is literally just me and LQ grilling him for a bad early game
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:59 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I can summarize my read on Roden fairly easily. It basically goes like this:
  1. Roden still hasn't explained what it is I am being ignorant about. (This strikes me as the stronger reason between the two since them not answering just introduces unnecessary WIFOM to read Roden which is Scummy.)
  2. Whether Roden was actually frustrated or not. (if Roden WASN'T actually frustrated, but was just acting, then that points to them being Town, but not a guarantee since Scum can get frustrated too. Just that Town usually get more frustrated than Scum when I pressure.)
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 356, Galron wrote:
In post 62, GuiltyLion wrote:Hello hello old friends and new

VOTE: Roden

Didn't like his first post, I think using a past game to justify RVS vote is inherently a lil awkward

Also I like Galron for town
Why the TR so early?
In post 357, Galron wrote:
In post 356, Galron wrote:Why the TR so early?
Throw meta out.
~ vibes ~. Unfortunately I can't really comply with the request to throw meta out. But I thought your early game questions in and struck me as someone looking to substantively push the game forward with genuine/fair intent to sort mc esther, who was also a confusing slot for me as well

speaking of mc esther I like their latest posts a lot more and I vibe with their push on Salsa so I'm coming around to a townread on her as well
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:05 am

In post 376, LicketyQuickety wrote:I can summarize my read on Roden fairly easily. It basically goes like this:
  1. Roden still hasn't explained what it is I am being ignorant about. (This strikes me as the stronger reason between the two since them not answering just introduces unnecessary WIFOM to read Roden which is Scummy.)
  2. Whether Roden was actually frustrated or not. (if Roden WASN'T actually frustrated, but was just acting, then that points to them being Scum, but not a guarantee since Scum can get frustrated too. Just that Town usually get more frustrated than Scum when I pressure.)
Points to them being Scum

EBWOP

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:06 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 375, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 370, Bingle wrote:Hm. Still don’t like GL’s entry. Also firmly disagree with P2, and don’t think GL believes it either. Early scrutiny is great for above average scum because it’s not likely to actually go places and it helps explain why you’re not dead in the late game. Also, classic “that’s town because it mirrors NAI/scummy thing I’m doing” here.
I'm not really following this post at all

1) Do you think Roden is "above average scum"? If so, what is that based on? He has already claimed in the thread that this should be obviously seen as his town game - which I already pointed out means his scum game must be really bad if he honestly believes that.

2) I also just don't agree with you on "early scrutiny being great for scum". There's a vig in the setup and another scum faction who won't care if you're limmed or not. when I'm scum I always feel better when I'm coasting than when I feel like I'm expected to post and answer for the questionable shit in my ISO

3) I don't understand the last sentence at all, I don't know if it's a miscommunication or you not understanding my post. Where do you think I'm calling anyone town in that post? Did you misunderstand my point about how I don't buy Roden claiming to "put himself into this situation" - because the "situation" is literally just me and LQ grilling him for a bad early game
Mobile atm, but I can explain my thoughts later.

Basically what I don’t like about that post isn’t the takes on LQ/Roden, but what you’re using those takes to say.

The premise of “scum don’t want early scrutiny” when you’re actively making yourself a central pillar of thread activity reads as a kind of incepted lamist.

Also, scum don’t want to be obvscum in a thread with a vig, but being shit pushed? Scum LOVE being shit pushed.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

FYI, my play style is scummy as any alignment.

@Pav
, if I'm concerned about *looking bad*, why I made the post in the 1st place?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 379, Bingle wrote:The premise of “scum don’t want early scrutiny” when you’re actively making yourself a central pillar of thread activity reads as a kind of incepted lamist.
ah okay, I see what you're saying. You're wrong with your conclusion but I see the thought process.

I think LAMIST tells work best when the LAMIST activity in question is something that the person is ~only~ doing because they are scum and they think it looks town (so, making posts/arguments that don't come from them as town because they don't think of it at all). You're probably right in picking up a "GL thinks making himself a pillar of thread activity is townie" vibe from my posting/arguments but that's because I authentically think that's what good townplay is supposed to be, and I think that as either alignment.

Probably the disconnect on the other point is I don't think I was "shitpushing" Roden, I came at him with an early game hunch that occasionally points to scum (using a past game as a justification for your RVS vote) and then he responded poorly by discrediting me while also ignoring me, which prompted me to keep pressuring him. That's just real pushing, not shitpushing.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

@Enchant
, what's up?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 309, Almost50 wrote:
In post 230, Bingle wrote:I promise that I'll either catch up tomorrow. Maybe.
Is their an "or" missing, OR am I missing the point?
You try to English more gooder as drunk as I was.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 343, Almost50 wrote:
In post 325, DArby wrote:Basically, yeah. This game I want to focus on who I town read the least {target pending}.
Are we fighting over who gets Darby’s attention? I wanna be the prettiest.

Darby, I’ve been pretty blatantly buddying a monkey and no one’s pushing me. Also I like long walks on the beach and plotting invasions of small neighboring cities.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:59 am

Bingle I'm leaning Town on because they seem extremely relaxed itt.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:01 am

Oh, also, is it too early to say DArby is thread spewed Town at this point? Because pretty sure no one has said DArby is anything below Town.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 354, Galron wrote:Dammit, Bingle. At least call someone a mothertrucker. Or is it too early for that?
But I don’t think anyone in the thread is involved in the trafficking of mothers yet.

At most I think people are being manipulative fuckfaces pushing roden and LQ at each other to choke the thread, but they’re not even really doing a good job of it given there aren’t 50 pages yet.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:03 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 386, LicketyQuickety wrote:Oh, also, is it too early to say DArby is thread spewed Town at this point? Because pretty sure no one has said DArby is anything below Town.
Not really a thing (scum who have a partner getting lolwtf townreads don’t particularly want to undermine said reads).

He has been very town though.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 368, Pavowski wrote:
In post 361, Auro wrote:
In post 351, Pavowski wrote:Salsa always seems to have a bit of chaotic energy that I find hard to read, but I was pinging after the whole "I want to vote roden but not sure I should" thing, which is scum thinking though I don't know why it was verbalized
Why is it scum thinking - why can't town be unsure? Is there a hidden reason scum would be unsure? Is there fault with her reasoning for not being sure?

Of course town can be unsure. Town *should* be unsure.

What's scum thinking is "I've decided I want to vote this person but I'm not going to" because...? Like imo town just votes there whereas scum is a lot more concerned about how their vote "looks".
Salsabil Faria wrote:
You said
Roden
wasn't verge of the elimination but they're at E-3 that time and we have 4 scums.
I wouldn't consider e-3 the verge of elimination, and if scum is willing to give the game away and quick hammer from that far out, I'd say that's worth letting somebody get quick limmed.
Townslip? Eh, either way it’s towny.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:09 am

I low key want to SR Salsa for their meta read on me. The fact they backtracked so soon is also weird - not Scummy in itself, just really weird. Like why make that read in the first place? They say that they were misremembering, but then how did they generate their SR on me in the first place? Is it even possible to make such an inaccurate meta read? Because I kinda think, no, it isn't.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 381, GuiltyLion wrote:You're probably right in picking up a "GL thinks making himself a pillar of thread activity is townie" vibe from my posting/arguments but that's because I authentically think that's what good townplay is supposed to be, and I think that as either alignment.
See that’s the thing. I don’t think that the pillar of town activity you is really there. I definitely see you trying to look like it’s there but your actual play just feels kind of Nothingburger.

Where is the GL townfire? Where is the grabbing the thread by the horns? Where is the three page analysis of whether Bingle actually says he hammer his partner for the loss that you freak out about two pages later and completely drop?

VOTE: Probably the disconnect on the other point is I don't think I was "shitpushing" Roden, I came at him with an early game hunch that occasionally points to scum (using a past game as a justification for your RVS vote) and then he responded poorly by discrediting me while also ignoring me, which prompted me to keep pressuring him. That's just real pushing, not shitpushing.[/quote]

Y/N this is an angle of investigation you actively believe results in a roden lim and not a preliminary push looking to gauge reactions.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:15 am

In post 391, Bingle wrote:Where is the GL townfire?
Honestly, from what I know of GL (I have some experience with them from a while back) this seems to be right in line with their Town game. Not seeing anything Sus from GL at this point. He's given his takes in true GL fashion. I buy what he was saying about Roden v me and I read that as authentic. The only thing that kinda pings me about GL at this point is then being overly favorable to Roden, but at the same time I can kinda see that from Town!GL as well so, yeah.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

I feel bored, so I may decide to actually play this game seriously. (Sorry for those this may disappoint)

OK..

First "Dictatorian" Declaration:

I; King of thread and ruler of both Town & Mafia alike; have decided in all my mighty grace to
request
order all of my subjects and minions to each provide a 3-players list of their top TRs (NOT including self).

- You have 24 hours to comply.
- Once submitted you cannot alter your choices.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:31 am

My top 3 Town:
DArby
GL
Auro (I guess but I'd say I'm tied between Auro and Bingle really)

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:31 am

In post 393, Almost50 wrote:Once submitted you cannot alter your choices.
Oh, didn't read this bit. Oops.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 393, Almost50 wrote:I feel bored, so I may decide to actually play this game seriously. (Sorry for those this may disappoint)

OK..

First "Dictatorian" Declaration:

I; King of thread and ruler of both Town & Mafia alike; have decided in all my mighty grace to
request
order all of my subjects and minions to each provide a 3-players list of their top TRs (NOT including self).

- You have 24 hours to comply.
- Once submitted you cannot alter your choices.

A50, Pav and the next person to vote me. Only somewhat tongue in cheek.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 382, Salsabil Faria wrote:
@Enchant
, what's up?
Everything cool.

How you?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:48 am

Post by T3 »

In post 364, Galron wrote:
For T3

Spoiler:
In post 66, T3 wrote:This is A50 in his pure town form.
In post 145, T3 wrote:
In post 120, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 116, T3 wrote:
In post 64, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 12, mc esther wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Salsabil Faria

was buddying in the queue
Why did you unvote Enchant here, mc?
isn't that like... rvs and all?
I wanted to hear mc explain in their own words because every other post of theirs has been really over-explainy and I'm trying to get a sense of their personality
LQ is feeling WILDLY different than I remember from town him
In post 201, T3 wrote:town lq
sorts people, actively scumhunts, makes walls
scum lq
just says his reads on people, one liners
VOTE: lq
thank you for coming to my ted talk
In post 296, T3 wrote:
In post 97, DArby wrote:Don’t say that. I didn’t fully read the player list and thought I accidentally posted in a game I shouldn’t be in. :dead: :dead:
I feel like scum would be a little bit more conscious of the fact that they are playing in a game so weak townpoints for this
In post 298, T3 wrote:It doesn't read like a fake dumbtell so I'll townbin DArby for now.
In post 327, T3 wrote:VOTE: salsa
Salsa feels EXTREMELY different to how I remember town her.
There’s less emotion and content.
In post 332, T3 wrote:
In post 331, mc esther wrote:you randomly moved your vote to a lurker after expressing interest in a wagon that you [apparently?] dont actually feel good about.
VOTE: salsa

All of your scum reads are meta based except for your second vote on Salsa. 1) Are you sure you're not confbiasing with Salsa? 2) if you had no meta on these players, would you be scum reading them?

You did give a town read to DArby that wasn't based on meta, in fact you gave two town reads to DArby that weren't based on meta. Do you town read anyone else? I'm not counting A50 here.
I have absolutely no idea. I'm very disengaged.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:49 am

Post by T3 »

If I had no meta on LQ, I wouldn't. Also, I think my meta on LQ might be wrong.
I would be scumreading Salsa.

Return to “Completed Open Games”