2021 NFL 3 Strikes Challenge (Game Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

All /in

At some point I am gonna turn on the Nick Chub Time Machine and figure out who won some previous years before the history was recorded in the first post. I believe BS2000 won 2014. Haschel, Scotmany, and Myself won 2013, 2012, 2011. I am not 100% on who got which year though. Snakes has the best single season record, a perfect season. BUT the season is longer now so that record can be beat!

DAL < TB
PHI < ATL (I am not confident at all)
PIT < BUF
MIN < CIN (Upset of week)
SF9 > DET
ARI < TEN
SEA > IND
LAC < WAS (Worst Oline from last year vs Best Dline, and if you think Fitz will be good then he will not but if you think he will be bad then he will be good)
NYJ < CAR
JAX > HOU (Without Watson, I think its possible Hou goes 0-17 this year)
CLE < KCC
MIA < NEP
GBP > NOS (I believe this game is being played in Jacksonville because of Huricane Ida Recovery. Saints got choice to move game a bunch of places and chose there)
DEN < NYG (I am not confident at all)
CHI < LAR
BAL < LVR (Who is the ravens starting running back? Gonna have to be Lamar Jackson with all their injuries. Spread for ravens is -3.5. I do not think this game gets decided by more than 3 points, and because I like taking risks, I am taking Raiders to win this game. BUT not taking them in 3 strikes)

Panthers
gonna beat jets
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Raiders won me 50 bucks last week. And it was money I got from a ravens fan so it was so sweet! Woo!

NYG < WFT
NEP > NYJ
DEN > JAX
BUF > MIA
SF9 > PHI
LAR > IND
LVR < PIT
CIN > CHI
HOU < CLE
NOS > CAR
MIN < ARI
ATL < TBB
TEN < SEA
DAL < LAC - I am gonna put money on chargers much like how I bet on the raiders last week. Call it PF's gambling advice if you want. BUT this is not my 3 strikes pick
KCC > BAL
DET < GBP

Give me the Cardinals. Go Arizona!
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Week 3

CAR > HOU
IND < TEN
ATL < NYG
LAC < KCC
CIN < PIT
CHI < CLE
BAL > DET
NOS < NEP
ARI > JAX
WAS < BUF
NYJ < DEN
MIA < LVR
SEA > MIN
TBB < LAR
GBP > SF9
PHI < DAL

Obvious Choice is Obvious.
Denver will win this week
. The NFL Schedule makers must Like the Bronco since they got Giants, Jags, and Jets all in a row to start this year. Their Coach may have chose to start Teddy simply because beating those teams does not require big plays, just lack of mistakes, and Teddy is less prone to mistakes than Lock.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by PokerFace »

JAX < CIN
TEN > NYJ
KCC > PHI
CAR < DAL = I think this game is going to be entertaining and close. Not having CMC will be the difference but as Carolina played last Thursday and Dallas played last Monday, Carolina has a lot of time to prepare and Cowboys gonna be riding some high levels of over confidence. So I think Carolina will take early lead but not be able to hold on and run the ball effectively so Dak gonna mount a big comeback at home
NYG < NOS = Saints allowed back to home facility after huricane. Over 15 years ago when Katrina happened, Saints had to play a home game against NYG in New York. Yes that happened. Saints got crushed in that game. Giants will get crushed this time
CLE > MIN = Gonna be close due to Coaching histories and team scheme similarities. I look forward to watching this
DET > CHI = Lions should have won last week. They'll win this week. Pace and or Nagy will not be with the bears after this. Other members of their staff will follow. I expect 9 sacks...
HOU < BUF
IND < MIA
WAS > ATL
SEA < SF
ARI < LAR
PIT < GBP
BAL < DEN = Upset. Ravens almost lost to Lions. They'll lose this time
TBB > NEP = There were times last season where Patriots looked too far ahead at later games and lost games that came sooner. When I saw Tampas schedule have Rams and Patriots in back to back I knew they would lose one of those. And since Rams beat them last week, Bucs gonna play harder and Tom and Gronk gonna get revenge. Will Tom and Bill shake hands after the game?
LVR < LAC

This weeks schedule of games looks amazing to me. Lots of good choices and games that I think will be entertaining. I will go
Saints
for now, but I could change as I may look ahead at the Bengals and Packers schedules to see if I would rather use them now. Until then

New Orleans!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

I checked those schedules. Bengals have some pretty easy games they should be able to win in the future. Steelers are looking weak but I'm not sure how weak since they beat bills weak 1 and lost to the bengals week 3. So I am gonna wait a little longer before I bet against Pitt and save GB for a game against bears or lions. Saints really only have 1 more time in their schedule where I would want to use them so I will spend them now especially since giants got a sizeable injury list after last week. Homecoming after hurican recompense is coming
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #90 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I considered switching to bills but figured I should save them for a game against the Jets. The Jets will not win for a long time. No New York team will get a win. These thoughts lasted about as long as the overtimes. Titans defense is really bad. No AJ Brown and Julio led to Titans losing. If one of them played I think they could have won. So I feel the trade for Julio was warranted. Saints laid an egg, I guess they did not enjoy being back home as much as I thought they would.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Week 5
LAR < SEA
NYJ < ATL
DET < MIN
NOS < WAS
NE > HOU
MIA < TBB
GBP > CIN
DEN < PIT - This is assuming Teddy is still out with concussion
PHI < CAR
TEN < JAX
CLE < LAC
CHI < LVR
SF9 < ARI
NYG < DAL
BUF < KCC
IND < BAL

I should have taken Buffalo last week. This fact has led me to noticing some trends. I tend to survive to the end when I try to pick the best match up every week and do not try to save any team for later. I have won 2 years, BUT neither of those years did I survive to the end. So what really is the best strategy? Well I guess that since I got one wrong so far this year, survival is most important so give me...

TAMPA BAY!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #115 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Week 6

TB > PHI
MIA > JAX
KC > WAS
LAR > NYG
HOU < IND
CIN > DET - Given Burrows throat issue that may force him to silent count in a usually quite stadium and fact lions have been getting close to wins, this could be an upset but I would not bet on it
GB > CHI
LAC > BAL
MIN < CAR - Probably hardest game to pick
ARI < CLE - Cleveland is home, Arizona is west coast dealing with time zone differences, just had lots of trouble with ball controlly pass rush team and almost lost to minesota which has staff simularities, I think Cleveland hands Cardinals their first loss
LVR < DEN - Gruden did WHAT!? And they have new interim coach and got to deal with all that turmoil and baggage while playing a division rival. Broncos should crush them
DAL > NEP
SEA > PIT - I think Geno can beat Ben right now with how things have looked
BUF > TEN - I think this will look like Arizona vs Titans except for different gamestyles. Would not be surprised if scores similar

Give me the Rams. Nice long week before playing a team with out receivers and Maybe Jone if he not still in concussion protocol. I know saints lost the giants and cost me points, but Rams are better than saints and giants are worse off now

Go Rams!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #131 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

DEN < CLE could be close given Clevelands various injuries on offense
CAR > NYG
NYJ < NEP
KC > TEN
WAS < GBP
ATL > MIA I just flew back from England and boy are my arms tied from hiding my eyes after the loss to the jaguars. Atlanta be like we got a bye after our London trip.
CIN < BAL
DET < LAR
PHI < LVR
HOU < ARI
CHI < TBB
IND < SF9
NOS > SEA

I will go with the Packers!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Kilgamayan wrote:This week should switch Packers/Cardinals and Giants/Chiefs imo

YOLO #2

Detroit Lions
You just want lesser important game on Thursday and less covid involved in Packers vs Cards?

GBP < ARI
CIN > NYJ
TEN < IND
LAR > HOU
PIT < CLE
PHI < DET
SF9 > CHI
CAR < ATL
MIA < BUF
NEP < LAC
JAX < SEA
WAS < DEN this is hardest to pick game this week
TBB > NOS
DAL > MIN
NYG < KC

I would go with Chiefs but there is a chance Henne has to play so I will take Bengals since Flacco or whoever they got to put under center, has not started recently and or is working with a playbook they may not have run before. And Bengals are on fire as best team in AFC right now. I thought I would never say any of this but...

Go Bengals!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

That was a rough week since 1/2 those remaining got strikes and 2 are no longer in it.

NYJ < IND
CLE < CIN I hate it when I think my team will lose
DEN < DAL
HOU < MIA
ATL < NOS
LVR > NYG
NRP > CAR
BUF > JAX
MIN < BAL
LAC > PHI
GBP < KCC Only if Rodgers is out
ARI < SF9 Only if Murray is out
TEN < LAR
CHI < PIT

I got to go with Buffalo vs Jaguars. The team who I think will win AFC this year vs one of if not the worst team in the AFC

Buffalo
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #164 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

That was a rough week since 1/2 those remaining got strikes and 2 are no longer in it.

NYJ < IND
CLE < CIN I hate it when I think my team will lose
DEN < DAL
HOU < MIA
ATL < NOS
LVR > NYG
NRP > CAR
BUF > JAX
MIN < BAL
LAC > PHI
GBP < KCC Only if Rodgers is out
ARI < SF9 Only if Murray is out
TEN < LAR
CHI < PIT

I got to go with Buffalo vs Jaguars. The team who I think will win AFC this year vs one of if not the worst team in the AFC

Buffalo
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #165 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Not sure why it double posted. Did mafiascum remove the delete button again or is that just a feature for this thread?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 168, Kilgamayan wrote:Also if this game ends without any other player picking Jacksonville I will consider that a personal victory.

In some seriousness, the Lions had just played a very competitive game on the road against a really good Rams team, and they were hosting an Eagles team that sucks
with
Miles Sanders, never mind without him. It had all the makings of an upset victory to give a beloved head coach his first win of the season! It just, uh, didn't quite happen.
Your picks were inspiring. I thought Jags and Detroit would win those too. But I did not have the nerve to use them. I really wish Lions had beat the ravens.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #177 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Never has there been a week with more wrong picks. If Nero does not make a choice or is wrong, everyone gets a strike!

Easily the year with my worst finish in this game!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #179 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will be rooting against the Steelers tonight. This should come as a shock to no one.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am from Cleveland Ohio. Even if I think Steelers will win a game, I will always root against them.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #183 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In the past after my elimination, I have continued to make weekly game picks while not making an overall choice for the week. Given how early I am out this year, I am wondering if I should avoid doing that. Could upset others and change their picks. Also my real life schedule is a bit tight. So forgive me if I forget to do that this year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #186 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am gonna bet the one team that can never lose.

Refs

The can control all outcomes.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #192 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Tie Games
A tie game is considered a loss for both teams, and a Strike will be given to anybody that picked either tying team.
And then there were 3. This year has been awful. I am glad I only put money down on a few games this year. Because putting money down weekly would have been an exercise in futility! There's a chance this year will end faster than any other year in this games history. And if that happens it will not surprise me.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #198 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I think one of the 2 years I won it all, it ended in week 11. We can tie that mark and arguably beat it given more people this year than that year and longer season now. BUT I think it will require Giants win tonight. So mark might not be possible. Still awful year is awful. Welcome to the peanut gallery, Pablito.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #200 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Aronis is currently leading given his longer streak of no strikes, but Nero could overtake him with time.

The real question is will either of you survive this season? I think not. Join us in the pit already!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #202 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 201, D3f3nd3r wrote:Week 12 time. Sorry for lack of results spreadsheet, have been busy this week. Will try to get it done some time in the next few days if I can.
If you can't get it done, do not worry about it. Enjoy the holiday

I think the results are:

Pablito is in the pit now.
Aronis and or Nero will join us shortly.
Aronis currently has longest streak with 8 while Nero's streak is 5
The game needs to continue 3 more weeks. Once week 14 is concluded if both Nero and Aronis are still alive then they will be tied streak wise.
The game then needs to go one more week for Nero to have longest streak of 9
If Aronis and Nero go out at same time. The one with the longest streak will win then.
If only one of them guesses wrong on a week, other wins right out.
If they both guess wrong on week 15 then they share this year. Seriously we should not find some other tie breaker. You both should be proud to win if this happens

Honestly I think both of them surviving to the season end with how crazy things are may be impossible. Detroit plays Arizona in week 15! Lions beating Cardinals can happen as far as I am concerned now!

I actually think Lions will get there first win this week given how many injuries Bears have. Nagy could lose his job after Thanksgiving much like how Lions changed Coaches last year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #206 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am not pleased with this ending. I wish Aronis had made a pick. But perhaps its fitting since many teams did not show up throughout the year. Seriously Jaguars beating Rams or Lions beating Cardinals is fathomable in 2021. Congrats Nero
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #208 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Most crazy nfl season ever. Covid. Jets and houston beat titans. Jags beat bills. Lions beat cardinals!

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”