Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Something_Smart »

VC 3.2
VP Baltar (2)- Fun and Games, Andante
Enchant (2)- Toogeloo, VP Baltar
Dwlee99 (1)- Enchant
Fun and Games (1)- Dwlee99

Not voting (2)- Sleepless Assassin, Bingle

With 8 alive it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-14 17:00:00)

Mod notes: still haven't cleaned the kitchen lol. this game is just my to-do list at this point
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Bingle »

Takes:

VP is very actively poking people for takes, but doesn't have a lot of his own.

Pooky/Skitter Baltar weird interactions seem to start around here:
In post 2274, Fun and Games wrote:what's the point of asking me about having basically the same reaction to the same post that you did

you're basically criticizing my when your has the exact same sentiment for the same reasons based on the same post ...

~ skitter
but the whole SA/Toog jump in happened right after.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Bingle »

Damn, I wish skitts/SA were here to answer questions, that would make this way easier.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2822, Bingle wrote:What was your theory coming into the day, VP?
My theory was that there was a deep wolf scum probably who was very happy with the shit show of D2. I was primarily interested in getting a better read on you and F/G today, because I felt like sorting there was going to help me figure out an overall worldview that fits with Gamma flipping town. I also came in thinking toog and SA were most likely town. Alot of ambiguity though because I felt good on Gamma post the Darby flip.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2826, Bingle wrote:VP is very actively poking people for takes, but doesn't have a lot of his own
I would say this is intentional. Not that I don't have takes (in fact, I have posted my overall assessment of the player list and my reasoning), but that I am poking people for their views because there have been too many people talking much less than me. I want to find who I can trust and no trust because that's how I personally think towns win. Strong alliances that have been stress tested. Still haven't found that today and that is part of what's making this harder.
YOUR AD HERE

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2306, Dwlee99 wrote:So many words that fill up my entire screen, is it all associatives still?
I like that Dw is clearly not reading shit here and as soon as SA posts his tl;dr he starts with analysis. Makes me think the lack of analysis wasn't about trying to avoid content and was more a genuine desire to not have to read the wallposts.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2829, VP Baltar wrote:because there have been too many people talking much less than me.
Who do you specifically think fits this paradigm? I'd agree I do specifically today, but I don't think "Skitter/Pooky haven't posted enough" is a rational take and a lot of your pushing for content seems aimed there.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Bingle »

Fuck. I'm at the SA analysis without links again. I'm not dealing with this today. Skipping to the end, but I do need to go back and reread the context around all of the quotes SA uses.

For fuck's sake this is policy worthy.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2832, Bingle wrote:Fuck. I'm at the SA analysis without links again. I'm not dealing with this today. Skipping to the end, but I do need to go back and reread the context around all of the quotes SA uses.

For fuck's sake this is policy worthy.
So you'd be ok ignoring the dwlee vp stuff, and would just vote SA for no links?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2344, Andante wrote:If the scum team isn't VP and Dwlee, I have no freaking clue who it is, maybe dunn/toog can get tossed in there? idk, I've been skimming some, Sleepless has so many words, I'm sure they're good words, but essays lose me, I prefer the tldr for stuff not "here's an essay on this"
Here's a tldr on at least the associatives. Did you get a chance to look it over?
In post 2308, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Enchant - Implicated by both ISOs. Iconeum threw shade, never followed up, then listed Enchant as null. Darby had a strong but never explained town read and awkward phrasing on it later on.

Bingle - they both had Bingle in the town pile without doing a good job of explaining why. Darby even bumped Bingle up from a weird inclusion in a null list to town and didn't say why.

Dwelee - I know there isn't a ton here because Not_Mafia didn't give us much and Dwelee came near the end of Darbys game but this fits with both reads lists.

VP - So there's a lot and some of it can be taken either way but I lean towards VP not being scum with this slot

Fun and Games - A little bit of the same as VP but the town stuff seems stronger than VP's. I think both were frustrated they couldn't convince Fun and Games they were town.

Andante - I'm convinced Iconeum genuinely forgot about Penguin in his reads list which makes them an unlikely partner. Darbys associatives don't look much stronger here.

Toog - Darby was pretty clearly trying to shift us to Dunn Day 1. I don't read it as bussing in any way.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2829, VP Baltar wrote:I want to find who I can trust and no trust
Easy. Me. and probably everyone except Bingle/SA tbh
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2831, Bingle wrote:
In post 2829, VP Baltar wrote:because there have been too many people talking much less than me.
Who do you specifically think fits this paradigm? I'd agree I do specifically today, but I don't think "Skitter/Pooky haven't posted enough" is a rational take and a lot of your pushing for content seems aimed there.
Pooky had absolutely gone quiet. Skitter was around. You'll notice that is specifically why I was targeting pooky. If they were going to post with split personalities, I wanted to get a feel for both of them
YOUR AD HERE

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2833, Andante wrote:So you'd be ok ignoring the dwlee vp stuff, and would just vote SA for no links?
No, I'm bitching about it because I explained to SA on D1 why it's super fucking antitown at best and he agreed to not do it any more.

I'm not actually advocating a policy elimination, just pissing into the wind.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2834, Bingle wrote:Here's a tldr on at least the associatives. Did you get a chance to look it over?
What in particular do you want me to take from that?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2837, Bingle wrote:
In post 2833, Andante wrote:So you'd be ok ignoring the dwlee vp stuff, and would just vote SA for no links?
No, I'm bitching about it because I explained to SA on D1 why it's super fucking antitown at best and he agreed to not do it any more.

You sure it's not just an easy excuse to bus?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2836, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2831, Bingle wrote:
Pooky had absolutely gone quiet. Skitter was around. You'll notice that is specifically why I was targeting pooky. If they were going to post with split personalities, I wanted to get a feel for both of them
Pooky probably went quiet to let the game settle. No one wants to fight someone for pages, like, what incentive does skitter have to jump in during that? WHO EVEN CARES that they went quiet? not like we have new info right now. VP please stop looking for fights
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Fun and Games »

skitter is afk fri/saturday for religious reasons

I am not going to continue shitfighting with vp/dwlee because their strategy is to spam the thread full of garbage shitposts and hope town is too tired of it to actually read the argument

i have already made my case for vp baltar being scum and anyone interested in it can read it.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2839, Andante wrote:
In post 2837, Bingle wrote:

You sure it's not just an easy excuse to bus?
I say this cause if you actually looks at SA's posts, they are all giant paragraphs/walls. minimal interactions. ok, so what people aren't around what you are, you can still quote stuff, ask a question, quote something and give some thoughts, giant essays with no links was exactly how I initially played as scum, along with the minimal interactions, nothing about SA feels towny to me, no matter how hard I search
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2829, VP Baltar wrote:I am poking people for their views because there have been too many people talking much less than me.
Okay, but comparitively I don't see you poking Toog/Enchant/Dwlee for takes and those slots are pretty much perfectly described by "talking much less than you".

Pooky SA and I all had pretty decent chunks of content and I think it's weird that you'd focus on trying to draw attention to people who had been active but slacked off over people who weren't posting at all. Do you have a reason for that?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2841, Fun and Games wrote:skitter is afk fri/saturday for religious reasons

I am not going to continue shitfighting with vp/dwlee because their strategy is to spam the thread full of garbage shitposts and hope town is too tired of it to actually read the argument

i have already made my case for vp baltar being scum and anyone interested in it can read it.
I know. SA is also V/LA. It's just frustrating on a personal level that I'm finally able to give this the attention it deserves while Skitter isn't here to talk.

I'm not blaming her for that.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2841, Fun and Games wrote:I am not going to continue shitfighting with vp/dwlee because their strategy is to spam the thread full of garbage shitposts and hope town is too tired of it to actually read the argument
lol exactly what I figured. They're using it to spam.

My only thing is, I have 4 people I'm really looking at, VP, Dwlee, Bingle, SA

The more attempts VP makes to try and start something, the more I genuinely don't care what he flips, I don't think I buy a dwlee and vp team, but I also don't tr dwlee at all, I think I tr the wrong stuff about VP, I think I just tr something about his playstyle, the constant attention for picking fights is getting so old so fast, I don't want 10 days of this VP.

On like and actual reads level, I think SA is scum, Bingle here recently doesn't have good posts though. I'm not a fan of the "here's 5 situations" then "I don't actually believe in all 5" feels way too weird to be town, also how he's trying to set up this SA lim feels weird. "I'm not trying to set up a lim on SA" right.. just going "I'd policy SA for this" to start getting me to push SA right now, and completely ignore all this.

Pooky, I honestly don't know at the moment, like, VP is trying to be the most harmful to town, which is why I really don't mind VP lim, I just wish I felt as good as I felt about gamma flipping red
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2843, Bingle wrote:I don't see you poking Toog/Enchant/Dwlee
I've asked questions to all of these people today I believe. We are finally coming down off the pooky shit posting. Only so much time and focus I can give at any moment of the game.
YOUR AD HERE

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2842, Andante wrote:I say this cause if you actually looks at SA's posts, they are all giant paragraphs/walls. minimal interactions. ok, so what people aren't around what you are, you can still quote stuff, ask a question, quote something and give some thoughts, giant essays with no links was exactly how I initially played as scum, along with the minimal interactions, nothing about SA feels towny to me, no matter how hard I search
Interesting take. And another thing that makes me think I have to go back and fact check SA's recent takes. But no, it was a continuation of this:
In post 1292, Bingle wrote:Also please include links to the post you're quoting at the very least if you're going to insist on handtyping the quote tags instead of using the board function. I had to go back and make sure you weren't responding to VP saying almost the same things as me and someone paying a little bit less attention might not have realized you'd responded to them at all.
If I'm going to fake S/S interactions, I don't do it by making a bunch of extra busywork that I despise doing. I think me/SA being S/S is a pretty :lolnope: take.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2843, Bingle wrote:Pooky SA and I all had pretty decent chunks of content and I think it's weird that you'd focus on trying to draw attention to people who had been active but slacked off over people who weren't posting at all. Do you have a reason for that?
I don't think I've interacted with SA at all really today, mostly because I'm not that worried about him.

As to your question, the reason I'm looking at people who were active but then slacked off is that the game state has shifted from not going well for scum to going reasonably well for scum. I'm looking for people who are complacent and happy with the game state. I'm certainly not.
YOUR AD HERE

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Andante »

Bingle, Vote VP please