Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:13 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 71, Scorpious wrote:Please elaborate on how one purposely prolongs RVS, and for bonus points. How is that AI?
By making off-topic/RVS posts once there's actual game discussion happening. Arguably, all of , , , , , , could be called prolonging RVS in my book. (Obviously I don't think it's a slam-dunk scumtell, considering I don't think there's *that* much scum in this game, but it can be a start.) It's AI because longer RVS = less solving = better gamestate for scum.
In post 72, Scorpious wrote:
In post 67, Nathann wrote:Is that some sorta sarcasm that's going over my head, or do you genuinely think is townie?
Assuming this is to me.. no, it’s not sarcasm. It read as a concerned townie post.
It was to you. Concerned about... what? Like, what about that post is townie?
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 74, Scorpious wrote:Strange Matter/Nathann exchange is a lot of words about nothing. I need to read how experienced players are harder to read?
Is that really all you've taken away from the exchange?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:02 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 73, Nathann wrote:
In post 68, StrangeMatter wrote:Well for one thing I find it harder with more experienced players to determine alignment, here I feel like it's a very out-there idea that I really don't agree with,
but I don't think that it can even come from scum
(though I have no clue about its utility towards scum if anyone would care to inform me about that, that would be great).
What does the bolded mean? Makes it sound like you think my idea cannot come from scum, which is not the vibe I'm really getting from the rest of your posting?
In post 69, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 64, Nathann wrote:
In post 57, StrangeMatter wrote:Also with STD I don't really want to say why I'm pushing them so much other than I've played with them before and there's something I'm keeping an eye on for.
Considering nobody cares enough to interact with my mystery vote on StrangeMatter -- why are you making such a big deal out of keeping an eye on Save The Dragons? If you had something you want to look out for due to meta, fine. But blasting it loudly like this is just giving a warning to scum!Save The Dragons. Feels more like you just want to convince the rest of us you're solving his alignment, rather than actually solving it.
If I were doing that, I would've already said what it is and they could easily avoid it so I don't get what you're trying to say with "warning" him. Also, I am trying to solve this slot, but I need content from him, which I'm pushing for, and something that I'm trying to also read into to see if they are scum or town at this point.
Going "hey, I am specifically watching Save The Dragons, I want to see content from him, there is something I am looking out for" is definitely a warning. Pushing for content is one thing (even though arguably you didn't even do that, since most of your posts about him consisted only of talking about reading him and now actually pushing him), but the way you kept presenting it to the rest of the game that you're
very definitely solving Save The Dragons
makes it read fake as hell.
1. To me it's the idea that I can't really read any scum intent from that.
2. I have no idea how else I'm supposed to put this because right now THAT'S where I want to focus and read. Getting real sick and tired of talking to you at this point because you're just tunneled onto me.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:05 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

STD do you have any thoughts about the conversation that's been going on so far?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 77, StrangeMatter wrote:2. I have no idea how else I'm supposed to put this because right now THAT'S where I want to focus and read.
You weren't supposed to put it at all, that's the point... Yelling about how you have this one and only player you want to focus on makes you look performative and scummy... But I can drop the convo, obviously neither of us is budging.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:15 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 79, Nathann wrote:
In post 77, StrangeMatter wrote:2. I have no idea how else I'm supposed to put this because right now THAT'S where I want to focus and read.
You weren't supposed to put it at all, that's the point... Yelling about how you have this one and only player you want to focus on makes you look performative and scummy... But I can drop the convo, obviously neither of us is budging.
Fine. But of all the players in this game, the ones I know at least something about are STD and Salsa (Pardon me if I miss people but these two are the ones I remember the best from playing with), which to me are easier to read because I know them at the minimum than people I haven't ever played with.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Galron »

In post 65, Almost50 wrote:When I visited the thread the first time you hadn't posted yet. This is my second visit and I saw Nathann's response to you mentioning "IC" so I went back to the flavour post (which I intended to read after the day had ended). :lol: (P.S. Just to be clear.. the only lie I included is what's between the parenthesis). OH, SHIT! I ALSO put that P.S, between parenthesis, so theoretically everything I said could be a LIE! :twisted:
Monkey don't see; monkey don't do. :lol:
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Galron »

In post 59, Nathann wrote:Cool, okay. I disagree with RCEnigma's , because it was claiming that a slot's first or second post being an RVS post cannot be a prolongation of RVS in a game. I disagree with that because I think it doesn't matter which post in an individual ISO it is, if there's some attempt happening to get the game moving out of RVS, and the slot chooses to do an RVS post, they're trying to prolong RVS. Therefore his dislike of my is bad and he should rethink all of his life decisions.

What does this argument tell you about my alignment, now?
Oops.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 78, StrangeMatter wrote:STD do you have any thoughts about the conversation that's been going on so far?
nah
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Galron »

In post 67, Nathann wrote:Is that some sorta sarcasm that's going over my head, or do you genuinely think is townie?
Assuming this is to me.. no, it’s not sarcasm. It read as a concerned townie post.
What do you mean by concerned townie?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Galron »

In post 74, Scorpious wrote:Strange Matter/Nathann exchange is a lot of words about nothing. I need to read how experienced players are harder to read? Also, water is wet..

Also not a fan of “not knowing who IC is”…
I don't think not know who the ic is is not that big of a deal on your entry. Do you read every mod post before rvs?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 84, Galron wrote:
Concerned townie post: “I’m just worried about scum *insert thing to be concerned about, but not really caring about here* “
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 85, Galron wrote:
In post 74, Scorpious wrote:Strange Matter/Nathann exchange is a lot of words about nothing. I need to read how experienced players are harder to read? Also, water is wet..

I don't think not know who the ic is is not that big of a deal on your entry. Do you read every mod post before rvs?
It’s Bolded in Green. If you aren’t reading about the game rules and specifics, Why are you even playing?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:42 am

i missed it too tbh
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Galron »

In post 87, Scorpious wrote:

It’s Bolded in Green. If you aren’t reading about the game rules and specifics, Why are you even playing?
I fumble rules/setups all the time, and sometimes it takes me a while to catch up with them. Example I don't understand how we arrived at this setup even though there is a post telling us what was done to get it. All I know is that dice were rolled.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 86, Scorpious wrote:Concerned townie post: “I’m just worried about scum *insert thing to be concerned about, but not really caring about here* “
How does convey this?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Nathann »

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I genuinely don't get it. I don't see how they were worried there.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Galron »

In post 86, Scorpious wrote:
Concerned townie post: “I’m just worried about scum *insert thing to be concerned about, but not really caring about here* “
By "not caring about here" do you mean this game or at this point in the game or something else?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 92, Galron wrote:
In post 86, Scorpious wrote:
By "not caring about here" do you mean this game or at this point in the game or something else?

I’m having trouble explaining, it’s like(again this is my poor attempt at describing) someone pointing out something others should be wary of but most people instinctvly think it.but more in just passing and not making it a “thing”.

“If we don’t lynch someone today that helps scum” is an example. I’m just at work and my brain is fried and I’m struggling for a good explanation here.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:26 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 25, Nathann wrote:People love being snarky, huh. I was asking why did you think I decided to vote for StrangeMatter.

RH9, I've never played with StrangeMatter before, it's not a meta read. Say, is there any alignment-indicative information you can get from your question in , or is it just fluff?
I admit. It kind of was to get a conversation going.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 90, Nathann wrote:
In post 86, Scorpious wrote:Concerned townie post: “I’m just worried about scum *insert thing to be concerned about, but not really caring about here* “
How does convey this?
Isolated, by itself it felt un needed , but admittedly there has been a lot written by this person that I have not read yet, so maybe there is more context. See my attempt at explaining above.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 89, Galron wrote:
In post 87, Scorpious wrote:

I fumble rules/setups all the time, and sometimes it takes me a while to catch up with them. Example I don't understand how we arrived at this setup even though there is a post telling us what was done to get it. All I know is that dice were rolled.
I think a game that is played with mere words and one that can be swayed by simple semantics demands that all
Participants be versed in the text rules of the text based game.

My immediate thoughts go to someone opening a scum role and not caring because you
“already know”
and really can’t be assed to “figure the game out”.

That’s my thinking behind it.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Galron »

In post 93, Scorpious wrote:I’m having trouble explaining, it’s like(again this is my poor attempt at describing) someone pointing out something others should be wary of but most people instinctvly think it.but more in just passing and not making it a “thing”.

“If we don’t lynch someone today that helps scum” is an example. I’m just at work and my brain is fried and I’m struggling for a good explanation here.
That helps but I would qualify it as NAI.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Galron »

In post 96, Scorpious wrote:I think a game that is played with mere words and one that can be swayed by simple semantics demands that all
Participants be versed in the text rules of the text based game.

My immediate thoughts go to someone opening a scum role and not caring because you “already know” and really can’t be assed to “figure the game out”.

That’s my thinking behind it.
That's fair but again NAI. I think scum do need to know the mechanics and may actually be more prone to go through them, at least good scum, but maybe only slightly so.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:44 am

In post 93, Scorpious wrote:“If we don’t lynch someone today that helps scum” is an example.
friendly reminder, we stopped using that word. please use something else instead

Return to “Completed Open Games”