Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #4873 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by Greeting »

I have a loose idea. A kind of April Fool's Game Mafia game. Which has power roles, but all of them are useless or not very useful.

Examples of roles:

Town Power Roles: Town Crier (every Night Phase they get to submit a message which will contain up to 100 words but cannot mention any player or role in the game, the message will be posted at the start of the following Day), Drunk Cop (every Night Phase they get a random read, which has a 50% accuracy), Voiceless (their votes do not count in the tally), Drunk Texter (they get to send a message to the host every Night Phase, the meaning of it will be reversed, it will be rephrased and then sent to a random player)

Mafia Power Roles: Mafia Cop (a Cop, but aligned with the Mafia), Self-Vigilante (They can only target themselves)

I might put in one town and one mafia role in the game, which will have one shot-only, and, with a bit of luck might actually help them. Thoughts?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4876 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 4874, lilith2013 wrote:I’d recommend making a new thread and asking for opinions there. This thread is for gauging interest on themes, not reviewing/advising on setups.
But... that is what I’m doing.
RH9 wrote:
In post 4873, Greeting wrote:I have a loose idea. A kind of April Fool's Game Mafia game. Which has power roles, but all of them are useless or not very useful.

Examples of roles:

Town Power Roles: Town Crier (every Night Phase they get to submit a message which will contain up to 100 words but cannot mention any player or role in the game, the message will be posted at the start of the following Day), Drunk Cop (every Night Phase they get a random read, which has a 50% accuracy), Voiceless (their votes do not count in the tally), Drunk Texter (they get to send a message to the host every Night Phase, the meaning of it will be reversed, it will be rephrased and then sent to a random player)

Mafia Power Roles: Mafia Cop (a Cop, but aligned with the Mafia), Self-Vigilante (They can only target themselves)

I might put in one town and one mafia role in the game, which will have one shot-only, and, with a bit of luck might actually help them. Thoughts?
I guess that Voiceless is like the modifier . Drunk Cop is like a . Town Crier is like a . Drunk Texter is similar to a but with added mod-notes. You could add a Mafia Jailkeeper as a joke, if you want.

However, you might want to read if you plan to run it in the Mini Theme Queue. Though, to run a Mini Theme, you need to have moderated a Open (for which you might want to read ) or a Mini Normal (for which you might want to read ).

But then, you can just convince somebody else to run it for you.
Ugh, I guess this is like the music industry. Anything you come up with isn’t something people haven’t already done. Nah, I’d find it more pleasurable to run this than play, hence why I’m asking.

I’ve ran mafia games before, so I know how to do it. I’d just need to adjust to the way things are ran on MafiaScum. The thread will be helpful for that!
Last edited by Greeting on Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4879 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 4878, lilith2013 wrote:it sounded like you were looking for advice on the roles, in which case it's better to be able to have a dedicated thread to discuss the setup. apologies if that's not the case.
Yeah, I might have been misunderstood. The examples of roles were just something off my mind. I was just wondering if anyone would be even remotely interested in playing a game like this.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”