Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Open 840 - Guardians of the Fortress [Game Over]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Prism »

Open 840 - Guardians of the Fortress

Modded by Prism, backup modded by catboi.
Setup by Something_Smart, ruleset unashamedly plagiarized from Hectic, and for formatting I am greatly indebted to northsidegal

Game Status

Game Over!
Spoiler: And the result is...
The Guardians have fulfilled their win condition by securing a score of 2-0 on Day 2!

Players

Spoiler:
1. numberQ
2. Tanner
3. Pavowski
DArby

4. imaginality
5. Lukewarm
6. RH9
Toogeloo

7. Aristeia
8. VP Baltar
9. implosion

Gate

Spoiler:
1. VP Baltar
2. imaginality
Tanner

Keep

Spoiler:
1. Lukewarm
2. Aristeia
3. Pavowski
DArby

Wall

Spoiler:
1. RH9
Toogeloo

2. numberQ
3. implosion

Events

Last edited by Prism on Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Prism »

Ruleset

1. Fundamentals
  • All site-wide rules apply. Read and respect them.
  • This is a game. Have fun, and keep the game fun for other people. This might be the most important rule.
  • There is no personal communication regarding this game outside of this gamethread & associated PTs.
  • Do not quote any private communication (either real or fabricated) with the moderator, backup moderator, or fellow players. As this setup is open all PMs posted, quoting directly from your role PM is allowed, but please do not attempt to exploit this.
  • Heated discussion and debate is allowed, but personal attacks are not. I reserve the right to protect my players, and all other community members. Please PM myself and the backup moderator if you feel something needs our immediate intervention.
  • Play to your Win Condition.

2. Phases & Activity

• Please post at least once every 36 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. If you fail to respond to said prod within 36 hours, you will be replaced.
  • Holiday extensions (ie. Dec 24th/25th, Dec 31st) will not count against these timers. V/LA prod timers will be extended to 48 hours with 36 hours to respond; please contact me if you feel it will be a struggle to meet this, or if your religious holiday does not fall on the specified dates and you are concerned about a prod.
  • At the time you would receive a third prod, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 36 hours (or by PM if at Night), you will be force replaced.
  • Each phase shall have a standard deadline with the possibility for extensions for holiday and replacements. Day 1 will have a 5 day deadline and Day 2 will have a 10 day deadline. Night will last 48 hours. Any phase that would extend through Dec. 24th until Dec. 26th, defined as midnight EST, will receive a 48 hour extension. A further 24 hours will be extended for any phase extending through Jan 31st, again defined as midnight EST.
  • Votes must not be spoilered and should be in the format of VOTE: Player or
    Vote: Player
    , or they will not be counted. Abbreviating someone's name is acceptable, so long as I can discern who you were voting for without trouble. If I think it should count as a vote, it will.
  • Unvoting is not required, but is much appreciated. Note that you cannot move your vote once placed on Day 1.
  • The following is a list of outlawed shenanigans:
    • Using invisible text, codes, cryptography, etc.
    • Editing your posts (if you have the power to do so)
    • Quoting any PTs you may have access to
  • If any of these offences are committed, I have the right to force-replace you from the game, or, with listmod permission, modkill you.

3. Miscellaneous

• My mod colour is #2F66A9; don't use it or anything similar.
  • Feel free to address me in-thread, but if there is a large egregious mistake please PM myself or catboi. Small matters like errors in the votecount can be posted in-thread.
  • I have the final say on any issue. If you disagree with any action or inaction taken by me, feel free to PM myself or the relevant listmod, Something_Smart.
  • While I have tried to be thorough, I reserve the right to take corrective action with or without warning for any issue I feel was omitted in this ruleset.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Prism »

Setup & Mechanics

The setup is Guardians of the Fortress
  • The role distribution is 6x
    Guardian
    and 3x
    Saboteur
    , representing the town and mafia factions respectively. Saboteurs are known to each other and have daytalk.
  • The game has three phases. In order, they are Day 1, Night 1, and Day 2.
  • On Day 1, there is no elimination. Instead, at any time a player may sign up for assignment to the Gate, the Wall, or the Keep by voting for that location (eg. VOTE: Gate). A player is assigned to exactly one location, and players may not change their assignment once chosen. Any location that receives three players, the maximum, will be considered filled and no longer eligible for player assignment.
  • Day 1 ends when two locations are filled, and any remaining players will be assigned to the unfilled location automatically.
  • If all 3 Saboteurs are assigned to the same location Day 1, the game ends in a Guardian victory.
  • On Night 1, the Saboteurs must select two players to swap location assignments. There must be exactly 1 Saboteur in each location by the start of Day 2.
  • Day 2 is played as 3 concurrent minigames at each location, although all nine players will share the game thread and submit their respective minigame votes there. Players are free to weigh in on other minigames as they see fit.
  • Each minigame uses the following rules:
    • At the
      Gate
      , one Guardian player is chosen by the Saboteurs overnight to be publicly confirmed as a Guardian. The Guardians must vote to eliminate the Saboteur to win.
    • At the
      Wall
      , there are no special rules. Guardians must vote to eliminate the Saboteur to win.
    • At the
      Keep
      , Guardians must vote on one player. If that player is a Guardian, the Guardians win; otherwise, the Saboteurs win.

• A minigame is immediately resolved, and the outcome made public, once a decisive result is reached. Players in a completed minigame may no longer post in any gamethread once they are publicly flipped and the minigame's result posted.
    • There exists an important exception to the above: The player chosen by the Saboteurs to be publicly revealed as a Guardian may continue to post after the resolution of their minigame at the Gate.

• These minigames are best 2 out of 3, and the game will end when a single faction has won exactly two of the minigames.

Additionally, deadline requirements must be kept. Any failure to act by a faction will result in an immediate loss. Resolutions of unassigned players, unresolved night actions, and unresolved minigames are as follows:

• A passed Day 1 deadline results in a Saboteur victory if
    any
    Guardian remains unassigned, and a Guardian victory if
    only
    Saboteurs remain unassigned. Note that automatically resolved assignments do not trigger this condition.

• A passed Night 1 deadline without submission of the required Saboteur night actions results in a Guardian victory.

• A passed Day 2 deadline results in a Saboteur victory.
Last edited by Prism on Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:02 am, edited 12 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Sample Role PMs

Saboteur (Scum) Sample PM

Having already betrayed your past, you have only one thing left to lose.
The decisive moment has arrived. Put your life on the line and win the right to forge a new future.

[PLAYER], you are a
Saboteur
. Your co-conspirators are [SABOTEUR 1] and [SABOTEUR 2].

Abilities:
  • At any time during the game, including during the confirmation phase, you may talk with your co-conspirators here: [SABOTEUR PRIVATE TOPIC]
  • During Night 1, the Saboteurs must select two players to swap locations. There must be exactly 1 Saboteur in each location by the start of Day 2.
  • During Night 1, the Saboteurs must select one player whose final location is the Gate to publicly confirm as town.
  • You have your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.
Basic Win Condition:
  • You win if exactly two of the Gate, the Wall, and the Keep are controlled by the Saboteurs.

Guardian (Town) Sample PM
The sands of time blow fiercely, threatening to sweep you and your legacy away irrevocably.
The decisive moment has arrived. Weather the storm without fail.

[PLAYER], you are a
Guardian

Abilities:
  • You have only your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.
Basic Win Conditions:
  • You win if all three Saboteurs are assigned to the same location.
  • You win if exactly two of the Gate, the Wall, and the Keep are controlled by the Guardians.

In addition to exactly one of the above role PMs, all players will receive the same two spoilers highlighting important setup features & deadline conditions, along with a confirmation request. All three can be found here.

Role PM Addenda & Confirmation Message

Spoiler: Important setup notes
  • A full description of the setup, including the rules of the Day 2 minigames and Guardian/Saboteur sample PMs, can be found here.
  • You cannot move your Day 1 vote when placed, ie. All Day 1 location decisions are final
  • Day 1 will end the moment two locations are filled. The third location will be populated automatically.
  • The assignment of 3 Saboteurs to a single location results in a Guardian victory.
Spoiler: Special deadline win conditions that I hope will be irrelevant
  • A passed Day 1 deadline results in a Saboteur victory if
    any
    Guardian remains unassigned, and a Guardian victory if
    only
    Saboteurs remain unassigned. Note that automatically resolved assignments do not trigger this condition.
  • A passed Night 1 deadline without submission of the required Saboteur night actions results in a Guardian victory.
  • A passed Day 2 deadline results in a Saboteur victory.

You have 36 hours to confirm by responding with your role name, an acknowledgement that the Saboteurs have daytalk, and the answer to the question "Can you move your vote when placed Day 1?" The game will start when all players confirm, and you can find the gamethread here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Prism »

All Role PMs have now been sent. Players have 36 hours to confirm before I seek a replacement:

(expired on 2021-12-19 09:00:00)

I noticed that I did not specify whether Saboteurs could continue to post in their PT after the resolution of their minigame on Day 2. They cannot, and I have revised the ruleset to reflect this. This did not come as the result of an inquiry of a player.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Prism »

Nine gather in the central courtyard to ominous news. The remains of the spare parts for the fortress's various defense mechanisms, recently unaccounted for, have washed up as floatsam on the banks of the river just below the wall. The leftover vestiges testify only to ruined wrecks with no hope of recovery, and most of the debris has long since been swept away.

Posting a single guardian is no longer an option, not with such clear evidence of sabotage in your midst. The fortress can hold if one section is rendered inoperable, but all will be lost if the damage extends further. Hold out until the machinists can reinforce the critical mechanisms; the saboteurs must surely act before then, or their chance will be gone.

There is no commander anymore, not when mutual suspicion runs so deep. For the moment, you can trust only yourself. Still, you know some share your purpose. You all have your strengths and weaknesses, sections of the fortress that you know inside and out. There are postings that keep you at your most alert, that lull you into a sense of overease, or whose grand sights overwhelm you with a wave of despair.

Leverage that knowledge of yourself and each other to maximum effect, or you too will find yourself as floatsam in the river of oblivion.

For Saboteurs and Guardians alike, the question is the same: Where will you go?

Day 1 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.0

LocationGuardians
Gate
(0)
Keep
(0)
Wall
(0)
Unassigned
(9)
numberQ, Tanner, DArby, imaginality, Lukewarm, Toogeloo, Aristeia, VP Baltar, implosion

9 Guardians remain unassigned. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #17 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Prism »

Note that I have added to my ruleset regarding V/LA and holidays.

The initial prod timer for players on V/LA will be 48 hours, but you will still have only 36 hours to respond. Holiday extensions, if necessary, will not count against prod timers. I will generally use EST to calculate this, but I will try to account for timezones.
Last edited by Prism on Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #31 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.1

LocationGuardians
Gate
(0)
Keep
(1)
Lukewarm (28)
Wall
(0)
Unassigned
(8)
numberQ, Tanner, DArby, imaginality, Toogeloo, Aristeia, VP Baltar, implosion

8 Guardians remain unassigned. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #41 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.2

LocationGuardians
Gate
(0)
Keep
(2)
Lukewarm (28), Aristeia (36)
Wall
(0)
Unassigned
(7)
numberQ, Tanner, DArby, imaginality, Toogeloo, VP Baltar, implosion

7 Guardians remain unassigned. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #202 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:14 am

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.3

LocationGuardians
Gate
(0)
Keep
(2)
Wall
(0)
Unassigned
(7)

7 Guardians remain unassigned. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #319 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Prism »

DArby has been prodded.

Global reminder that at 36 hours, the prod timer for this game is slightly shorter than the norm.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #328 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.4

LocationGuardians
Gate
(0)
Keep
(2)
Wall
(0)
Unassigned
(7)

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #419 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.5

LocationGuardians
Gate
(1)
VP Baltar (418)
Keep
(2)
Wall
(0)
Unassigned
(6)
numberQ, Tanner, DArby, imaginality, Toogeloo, implosion

6 Guardians remain unassigned. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #426 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.6

LocationGuardians
Gate
(2)
VP Baltar (418), imaginality (424)
Keep
(2)
Wall
(2)
Toogeloo (422), numberQ (423)
Unassigned
(3)
Tanner, DArby, implosion

3 Guardians remain unassigned. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #430 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:49 am

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.7 [FINAL]

LocationGuardians
Gate
(3)
VP Baltar (418), imaginality (424), Tanner (429)
Keep
(3)
Lukewarm (28), Aristeia (36), implosion (428)
Wall
(3)
Toogeloo (422), numberQ (423), DArby (Autoassigned with 429)
Unassigned
(0)

0 Guardians remain unassigned. Day 1 is over.

No win condition has been achieved.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #431 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Prism »

The nine have made their penultimate choices. Some seized the moment immediately to secure the position best for them, some tagged along, others...made no decision at all, until the passage of time had made it for them.

The beating of your heart reminds you that time continues to tick, and what might be the last two days of your life slip away uncontrollably. Still in peak physical condition, the time surely cannot be so soon, and your life cannot end here.

Whatever your own motivations, work with your compatriots to secure for yourselves a spot in the realm of the living at tomorrow's end. As nerves set in, you cannot help but wonder: did you really make the right choice? Perhaps another has the same fear, and there remains time yet, however brief, to fix the error before it turns fatal.

Night 1 has begun.
The deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 13:15:00).

The deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-26 10:15:00).
Last edited by Prism on Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #432 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Prism »

DArby has 36 hours to respond to their prod via PM. I will publicly announce if this prod is picked up, and Day 2 will start on time if so.

If a replacement is deemed necessary, I will add the appropriate number of hours to the deadline.

Be aware that this may result in an unusually long night in conjunction with holiday extensions.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #433 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by Prism »

DArby will be replaced. I will adjust the deadline after finding a replacement.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #434 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Prism »

Pavowski replaces DArby.

I will be restarting the deadline at 48 hours, and am adding the holiday extensions for Dec. 24th/25th.

The Night 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-26 10:15:00).

Enjoy the extended break and happy holidays, everyone!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #435 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Prism »

You all hoped in vain that the night would pass without incident. A dreadful fire broke out at the gate, and threatened to overwhelm the fortress entirely. All pitched into help, or at least put up a front, but one stood out beyond the rest. Tanner stayed up all night, successfully coordinating your firefighting efforts, before eventually collapsing from a mixture of exhaustion and injury. Now bedridden and covered in burns, there can be little doubt to where his loyalty lies. Still, the only person you can trust can no longer defend the Gate, and you're a man short. A lone guardian will surely be betrayed if left alone with a saboteur. Tanner's earned the right to choose his replacement.

May he have as much wisdom as he does courage.

Tanner is a
[/b]
Guardian
[/b]

Two of you seem to have reconsidered your original positions. Rumors of threatening notes, nervous second guessing, or strategic swaps are all denied. It's simply for the best of the fortress. Reluctantly, you all agree. It's not like you have a choice. The day has dawned. Try not let it be your last.

implosion is now at the Wall while Pavowski is now at the Keep.

Day 2 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-06 15:00:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #436 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.0

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(0)
imaginality
(0)
Not voting
(3)
VP Baltar, imaginality, Tanner

KeepGuardian Votes
Lukewarm
(0)
Aristeia
(0)
Pavowski
(0)
Not voting
(3)
Lukewarm, Aristeia, Pavowski

WallGuardian Votes
Toogeloo
(0)
numberQ
(0)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(3)
Toogeloo, numberQ, implosion

The score is 0-0.
The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-06 15:00:00).

The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-07 06:25:00).
Last edited by Prism on Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #440 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Prism »

Welcome back, everyone. I hope both that you enjoyed your holiday, and that the extended break wasn't too much. I have added 24 hours to this day's deadline to compensate for New Year's Eve. That day will not count against prod timers, generally based off of EST but I will try to accommodate for timezones.

Don't ask me why I didn't do the same for New Year's Day, because I really don't know but we're committed now.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #446 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Prism »

In post 444, numberQ wrote:@mod, will individual minigames flip at the time they're completed? So if we finish for example the Wall today, will all 3 alignments at the Wall be revealed before the end of the game?
A minigame will be publicly resolved, and all players in it publicly flipped, when a decisive vote is reached.

With the exception of Tanner, who may post at any time, players may not post in any gamethreads after I publicly resolve their minigame.

In your example, the moment the Wall is resolved I will post the outcome and the players will be publicly flipped.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #602 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.1

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(1)
imaginality (534)
imaginality
(0)
Not voting
(2)
VP Baltar, Tanner

KeepGuardian Votes
Lukewarm
(0)
Aristeia
(0)
Pavowski
(0)
Not voting
(3)

WallGuardian Votes
Toogeloo
(0)
numberQ
(0)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(3)
Toogeloo, numberQ, implosion

The score is 0-0.
The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-06 15:00:00).

The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-07 06:25:00).
Last edited by Prism on Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #821 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by Prism »

Toogeloo will be replaced. I will adjust the deadline after finding a replacement.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #974 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Prism »

RH9 replaces Toogeloo. I will adjust the deadline later today.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1362 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Prism »

The Day 2 deadline has been adjusted. The new deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-07 06:25:00).

The OP and all VCs have been updated to reflect this new deadline.
Last edited by Prism on Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1363 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.2

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(1)
imaginality (534)
imaginality
(1)
VP Baltar (866)
Not voting
(1)
Tanner

KeepGuardian Votes
Lukewarm
(0)
Aristeia
(0)
Pavowski
(0)
Not voting
(3)

WallGuardian Votes
RH9
(0)
numberQ
(0)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(3)
RH9, numberQ, implosion

The score is 0-0. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-07 06:25:00).
Last edited by Prism on Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1610 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.3

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(1)
imaginality (534)
imaginality
(1)
VP Baltar (866)
Not voting
(1)
Tanner

KeepGuardian Votes
Lukewarm
(0)
Aristeia
(2)
Lukewarm (1530), Aristeia (1531)
Pavowski
(0)
Not voting
(1)
Pavowski

The Keep has been resolved! Stand by for the announcement of the result and the updated scoreboard.

WallGuardian Votes
RH9
(0)
numberQ
(0)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(3)
RH9, numberQ, implosion

The score is 0-0. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-07 06:25:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1611 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Prism »

You all are caught in a standoff, but at the end of the day you have to trust one another. The fate of not only yourselves but your allies hang in the balance. The sun makes its way westward, posing now directly above the top of the Keep, the heat bearing down directly on its inhabitants.

Pavowski, long sheltered by the shade of the wall, now finds that all refuge has disappeared. He looks nervously at an old friend, Lukewarm, now skeptical that this assignment was made to reap the rewards of an extended betrayal.

Aristeia had played that she had all the answers, ready to vote at any time. Still, she wavers. An eye looks at Lukewarm, an eye looks at Pavowski.

Lukewarm feels himself turn warm, turn to hot, turn to very hot. The pressure and heat wave combine to be unbearable, and the wavering of Aristeia has transformed this once stalwart soldier into a nervous wreck.

"No need to rush, dude" says Pavowski. Now standing next to Lukewarm, his voice is as reassuring as ever. Still, Lukewarm catches an anxious glint in his eye.

Aristeia senses the nerves creeping in, and begins to walk over, eying Pavowski. Lukewarm catches a smile flash across Pavowski's face, and realizes this might be his last chance. He lunges towards Pavowski, shoving him over the Wall, and anxiously turns to face Aristeia.

Did he really make the right call? Aristeia, unfazed by the demise of a comrade, smiles.

"You're all alone now, Lukewarm. You know what that means, right?

I wanted to come here with Tanner, and you? Well, you're second rate. You're not enough. You've always known that, right?

...I can defend the Keep on my own!"

She continues walking, the gentle smile hiding unshakeable determination. Lukewarm, in disbelief, freezes.

It takes only the lightest shove to send him to join Pavowski as a pile of scattered bones below.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1612 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Prism »

Pavowski was a
[/b]
Guardian
[/b]

Aristeia was a
[/b]
Guardian
[/b]

Lukewarm was a
[/b]
Saboteur
[/b]

The Guardians have won the Keep. The score is 1-0 in favor of the Guardians.
Last edited by Prism on Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1613 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.4

The Keep is held by the Guardians.

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(1)
imaginality (534)
imaginality
(1)
VP Baltar (866)
Not voting
(1)
Tanner

WallGuardian Votes
RH9
(0)
numberQ
(0)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(3)
RH9, numberQ, implosion

The score is 1-0 in favor of the Guardians. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-07 06:25:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1692 (isolation #33) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Prism »

Note that today is New Year's Eve, and prod timers will be paused for the day. In accordance, numberQ has not yet been prodded.

I hope you all have had a great year to look back on, and have an even better one to look forward to. Enjoy the holiday!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1876 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.5

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(1)
imaginality (534)
imaginality
(1)
VP Baltar (866)
Not voting
(1)
Tanner

WallGuardian Votes
RH9
(0)
numberQ
(1)
RH9 (1846)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(2)
numberQ, implosion

The score is 1-0 in favor of the Guardians. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2022-01-07 06:25:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1915 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Prism »

numberQ has been prodded.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1927 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.6

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(1)
imaginality (534)
imaginality
(1)
VP Baltar (866)
Not voting
(1)
Tanner

WallGuardian Votes
RH9
(0)
numberQ
(0)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(3)
numberQ, implosion, RH9 (1911)

Last edited by Prism on Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2036 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.7

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(1)
imaginality (534)
imaginality
(1)
VP Baltar (866)
Not voting
(1)
Tanner

WallGuardian Votes
RH9
(0)
numberQ
(0)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(3)

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2064 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Prism »

Flip to come. I will add time to deadline to compensate for the length of the lock.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2065 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by Prism »

My apologies for the delay but I am currently out; it will be a few hours.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2066 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Prism »

Fortress Status Report 1.8

GateGuardian Votes
VP Baltar
(1)
imaginality (534)
imaginality
(2)
VP Baltar (866), Tanner (2062)
Not voting
(0)

The Gate has been resolved! Stand by for the announcement of the result and the updated scoreboard.

WallGuardian Votes
RH9
(0)
numberQ
(0)
implosion
(0)
Not voting
(3)

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2067 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Prism »

Aristeia, safe at the top of the Keep, waves and calls down below.

"All secure up here, Tanner!~ What a shame about Lukewarm and Pavowski, though. I never expected them to take such a rough tumble."

The Wall, currently secured by the trio of implosion, numberQ, and RH9, remains intact for now, though all doubt the impasse will last.

But now the moment of triumph or disaster has arrived at the Gate. Tanner has chosen its sole defender. The deaths of Lukewarm and Pavowski have hammered his spirits hard, and the other guardians have watched nervously as he seeks comfort in the bottle, rambling about his lack of sleep.

VP Baltar has furiously impressed upon his old friend the obvious value and loyalty of his service. Tanner's suggestions that he might soon find himself handcuffed to the wall well are met with only an indifferent smile and seemingly honest, open hands. Tanner turns his eyes to imaginality, a guardian of equally longstanding service but with less personal rapport between them. He turns his eyes back to VP Baltar.

"You know it's the right choice, Tanner! Stop playing around."

"I'll
hic
tell you what's the right choice-throwing you clear off the wall
hic
if you don't give me room to think."

"I'm here, Tanner" says imaginality.

"Yeah, yeah you are...Thanks."

Tanner looks at VP Baltar. He looks at imaginality.

"Just send me before you regret it you sloppy, drunken animal. You did enough last night, I'll take it from here"

"THAT'S IT, I'VE HAD IT FOR THE LAST TIME BALTAR!"

"...Get out of my sight and get to the Gate. imaginality, I think Aristeia wants to see you up at the Keep."

"Thanks Tanner, really. You won't regret it." says VP Baltar with a smile as he makes his way to the Gate.

A wave of horrified realization washes down imaginality's face.

.........And at the end of the night, what remained? With the Gate and Keep intact, the fortress lived to see the night. The guardians have held fast, and the opposing army arrives only to find it can make no progress. The machinists will replace the fortress's missing spare parts overnight, and you have more than enough supplies to last the season. The last casualty is RH9, who you find has followed his compatriots down the wall in his despair.

You bury Pavowski with highest honors and a statue to last the ages in the courtyard. The bodies of Lukewarm, imaginality and RH9 are left to be washed down the river of time, and eventually their names, too, are lost to oblivion.

The Guardians have secured for themselves a respite from the blistering, relentless sands of time. They have weathered the storm without fail and secured for themselves a continued place in human history.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2068 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:23 pm

Post by Prism »

Tanner was a
[/b]
Guardian
[/b]

VP Baltar was a
[/b]
Guardian
[/b]

imaginality was a
[/b]
Saboteur
[/b]

The Guardians have won the Gate. The score is 2-0 in favor of the Guardians, and a win condition has been achieved.

The Guardians have won Open 840 - Guardians of the Fortress!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2069 (isolation #43) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:24 pm

Post by Prism »

numberQ was a
[/b]
Guardian
[/b]

implosion was a
[/b]
Guardian
[/b]

RH9 was a
[/b]
Saboteur
[/b]
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2070 (isolation #44) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by Prism »

PT Links to follow in this post, I will allow 48 hours for the Saboteurs to request any desired redactions in their PT before release.

Mod PT
Saboteur PT
Spectator/Dead PT
RH9 Notes PT

RH9 may release his notes PT if desired.

The game is now over, and you may post.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2072 (isolation #45) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Congratulations to the Guardians for securing the sweep!

I want to thank all of you for playing. This was one of the easiest playerlists I have ever seen, with very little intervention required and things very rarely if ever getting personal or overstepping. I had a blast moderating this, I love the idea behind this setup, and I was very pleased to see careful strategic play it inspired from both alignments.

I am very grateful to those of you who stayed with me the entire time, and of course to my two wonderful replacements in Pavowski and RH9.

I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2084 (isolation #46) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by Prism »

The mod PT & spectator PT have been released.

Saboteurs have 48 hours for redactions, and RH9's notes PT may be released upon request.

Mod PT
Spectator/Dead PT
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2089 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by Prism »

I want to note I purposely threw in the line about deadline to drive Tanner to the warmth and comfort afforded only by a handle of vodka and I am not sorry, I regret nothing.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2100 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2098, Toogeloo wrote:I'm so sorry I had to replace out Luke and imag. No lie, I think I slept for almost 48 hours afterwards.
Personally, while I was sad to see you go, that is greatly outweighed by how happy I am that you seem to have recovered.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2134 (isolation #49) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Prism »

Datisi playing the mafia game: "I am never doing this again. This is torture. I am in pain, real pain. This game turned me into an alcoholic. I hope I never wake up. Let my corpse and misery be a testament to how foolish it would be for others to follow. I regret my choices, my life, and above all signing up for Open 840, and signing up with these people."

Datisi immediately after playing the mafia game: "That was awesome, I can't wait to go again! Can I just get right back on the ride or is there a line?"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2157 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Prism »

The Saboteur PT and RH9's Notes PT are now public.

Return to “Completed Open Games”