[SETUP] Balance Your Budget 9p

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:25 am

Post by mc esther »

just thoughts idk dont take them too seriously i dont have a mafia phd

jailkeeper seems really bad. in goons-only, it doesnt seem a significant improvement on 2:7 doc, and im not sure 2:7 doc is a significant improvement on 2:7 mountainous. in mafia!rolecop, youre just as likely to block the town pr as you are to block the rolecop (and if there isnt a town pr, again i think 2:7 doc is a close enough model). in mafia!roleblocker, youre more likely to do the mafblocker's job than you are to meaningfully block them. i also just think that cop is significantly better and deserves its 4 point cost more.

im guessing this leans mafia-sided overall, but aside from jailkeeper, i dont think it's ever excessively unbalanced; i'd happily play this

instead of having even-night and two-shot, maybe just pick one and toss a coin for it? theyre both just usage restrictions, yeah? im guessing one is just strictly worse but im too lazy to figure out which. the additional complexity doesnt add much here, i think it mostly just gives mafia more flexibility in fakeclaims (though it'd be fair to view this as a good thing).

bulletproof should be allowed to go up to two-shot for +1 point-buy value imo, idk lol maybe that would be overpowered but it just sounds so cool

maybe "double-up" less, youve got five investigative roles, three protective roles (doc, jk, bp), and two "roles that self-clear almost for free". i think maybe switch some out for hider, joat, maybe even [weak? one-shot?] vig lol. rolling 2-shot on a joat with four powers sounds like it could be an interesting decision.

("i'd happily play this" as in "if you host this can you please let me know?")
~

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”