[Let's Scrutinize Games] Idol hunts

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by Skelda »

Yeah I have my head in the clouds too much (not to mention liking talking to people too much) to find idols when they are just hidden. I actually often leave games I was in still not understanding how idols were found because I'm that oblivious, and idk if I'm alone in that. So something that I think would be useful for new players or people like me would be some kind of document explaining where idols have been hidden in past games. If the only way to get better at idol hunting is truly experience, then at least making that experience accessible would go a long way.

But also I'm fine with saying that I prioritize my social relationships with people over potential idols because that's the part of the game I enjoy more, and if others make a different tradeoff, we both have to live with the consequences.

I also really liked the Tiger Idol dynamic in PD where our alliance worked together to get the idol. That played much more to my strengths as a player. There ended up being some problems with the Tiger Idol, but I'd like to see more hunts that encourage or require alliances work together. That creates lots of fun opportunities for in-game interpersonal drama too.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Awoo »

As someone who never played in PD what is the tiger idol?
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:40 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Basically there was a guess who board of suspects for a crime. Everyone had a limited number of questions they could ask about the culprit and could submit 1 guess per round of who it was. Whoever guessed right got the idol, but it could also only be played the round it was claimed
George Bailey
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Skelda »

Yeah the part about it only working for one round wasn't the most successful imo and also the fact that we had to be online right at deadline for a couple rounds in a row because we could only claim it if our tribe lost, but the collaboration of planning what to guess together was a fun bonding experience and rewarded an alliance for being organized and trusting one another even if they weren't the majority. It reminded me of the feeling I got in The Genius in a way actually.
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

have you considering donkey kong
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

ook
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”