Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:43 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Rising Star
15/05/21 DkKoba Anya Mini Normal 2199: Baseball,
Mini Normal 2205: RotITGBSMoD
Anya has crashed onto the MafiaScum scene with a roar, with outstanding performances from 2 games her and I both had the pleasure of being the same alignment in.

In Mini Normal 2199, Anya correctly had Norwee as a scumread, and took them down, utilizing their role efficiently. While her and I did butt heads early on, without her I do not believe that we would have reached the proper PoE that we did that won the game overall. Soft guiltying Norwee and clearing KittyTacky were 2 good uses of her role. Her nightplay was insanely good and town would have been in a much worse spot without it. When Anya became tied to Kitty, that shifted the momentum needed to eliminate flow trap which completely dismembered the mafia's chances of winning.

In Mini Normal 2205, Anya was on a scum team with Green Crayons and Osuka. Green Crayons ended up subbing out and I subbed in and tried to help hero the game with a fakeclaim. Where Anya steps in is that they played a distancing game so well that even if I were to get eliminated, they would have been able to endgame pretty easily. I personally am very reluctant to give this kind of praise to scum teammates unless I feel they have sufficiently played a good scumgame that can match mine, but the gamestate awareness Anya had with setting up the game for a scum win was definitely very good. While we did not get to see Anya fully shine because my slot did not end up getting eliminated this game, which was expected by us, it was definitely on track for Anya to help us endgame. If Anya was not part of this scumteam, I do not believe that I would have won this game.

Overall their play feels very strong, aggressive, and very good and from a new player that is very impressive and deserving of a Rising Star nom. I will continue to add more games if I feel fit as the year goes on, but being halfway through and having 2 strong games like these is already a very nice sign.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

White Knight
15/05/21 DkKoba MathBlade Open 809: Charge Me Up! This game was a wrap as soon as day 2 rolled around, however I want to say that MathBlade's replace in helped shift momentum towards town incredibly and their view on the game was top notch.

On day 2, they replaced into the game. Almost immediately he is rereading day 1 and pushing good content into the game. They call out NDmath right away, who ends up as scum, and then later on quote a votecount and call out Robert as scum, and then several posts later, A50 scum! Damn he got the whole scumteam pretty fast on replace in. This PoE creation was a contributing factor in a game where people were chasing the LHF slot Yesiree and such, and put town on track to win the game.

While this isn't directly after their replace in, I want to also bring attention to their play on day 3 when NDMath fake guiltied me to take me down with them, MathBlade was able to actually read between us and call out NDmath as clearly fake, while other townies were just reading the guilty and moving on. They refused to get off track on the solve and ended up eating a nightkill for it, but since their replace in it shows they were on the right track and pushed town into the correct direction despite the town's insistence on doing otherwise. It also was enjoyable to have someone actually believing in me being town when I was fake guiltied.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

also someone nominate cabd for that game, they absolutely carried it and it would have been a dumpster fire otherwise. (and it still was from my POV) ;-;
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 57, Cabd wrote:
In post 56, DkKoba wrote:also someone nominate cabd for that game, they absolutely carried it and it would have been a dumpster fire otherwise. (and it still was from my POV) ;-;
This is spayhalf erasure.
they got carried too sory, not doing it myself because you poe'd me and caused me grief :good: :good: :good:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

someone remind me to nom dwlee for don corlerone and val89 for rising star
too lazy to do now

or someone do it for me xd ill +1 it
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Lukewarm joined this year??? Wow
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Don Corlerone
01/01/22 DkKoba Dwlee99 I'll just dump the links here, but Dwlee has consistently won several games as scum this year and has even snowed players in very tough to win situations, such as in SCP Upick, where even when examined under close scrutiny in a mlimlo situation, they still pulled ahead. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86913

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87440

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=87818

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=87058

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=87700 & viewtopic.php?f=23&t=88038

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87769

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87956
Anyone who has played with or against scum Dwlee will agree they are a force to be reckoned with. Their play is marked by looking ahead from the very beginning and making sure they have an endgame strategy. I do not think anyone else this year comes even remotely close to Dwlee's scumplay this year, and I'm someone who would have nominated myself earlier this year.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also in addition to those games there were a couple more AFTER those that dwlee won as scum - these weren't just easy scum wins for the most part either, they were fought for hard having to fool people who were open to any solution.

Someone please already +1 this thank you.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Game of the Year
01/01/22 DkKoba Pookythemagicalbear Squid Game This game was an absolute trip and experience. With the drama around the group forming and the parachute activity, and all the fun little games that were overall fun, Pooky crafted a game experience that was amazing. It was truly a very well made spiritual mafia version of the show. I don't know what else to put here but I'm sure someone else who was in the game could add more but it was probably the best game of mafia I've played ever perhaps, and it didn't even have and PR roles.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Rising Star
01/01/22 DkKoba Val89 Val89 has made a splash onto MS! And here, its primarily because of their scumplay - which was frankly, incredible to see in these 2 games: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=88158 ,
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87764

The first game linked I will describe in a bit as I was their mafia partner. The latter game, is one where they managed to win as scum despite being put into a 5 way situation with 2 masons!! Incredible! No ordinary new player just manages to pull that off :)

Now for the game we were together in, Val and I both decided that a nice d1 hardbus would be great with this playerlist. I myself quickly identified that we were in a mason setup. I gave them 1 mason, yeezys that game, but unfortunately I was the chosen elimination. Now after that, it was all Val in the driver seat. And Val did NOT just sit back. They made a kill onto andres, with the logic that theyd be cleared if there was a cop and that the masons would become more obvious over time - which is totally fine. But then he managed to dodge 2 eliminations in a row and land into 3 way with ease - with only 1 player ever suspecting him. AND he got the 2nd mason that I did not expect to be a mason in fixer. An astute reader. And in the end, he got the 2 townies to cross eachother for the victory.

Overall I think Val has what it takes to be a great mafia player on here and fully deserves the award, as well as this nomination.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 99, Lukewarm wrote:
Paperback Writer
01/01/22 Lukewarm fferyllt Shakespeare uPick Every inch of this game was dripping in the flavor.

The mod got into character, changing her avatar to a picture of the great bard himself. Her posts were written in shakespearan English, even her short posts just designed to let her snag a page top for her vote count lol

The flavor of the game, seeped into the the play of the players more then any other game I have seen. Multiple players throughout the game would post in rhyme, or meter, or shakesperean english - not because they were required to by the rules, but just because ever player was buying in the flavor of the game. When most games have players largely ignore the flavor, or maybe use it to analyze pr claims vs flavor claims, to see every player get into the flavor this way made this game stand out!

Each and every role was a character or object in a shakespere play, with the roles tightly tied to the flavor. So far as for each ability name to be quotes directly pulled from shakespere's work. The flavor Mattered for play as well. Roles that were from the same play often had interactions between one another, and were placed into a hood together. Here is the mod's post game reveal of all role cards (link) just go see how much flavor effort went into just the role cards!

Most players of the game ended up writing shakesperean sonnets for crying out loud. The game had a gold mechanic, as each player were an actor being paid to play their role, and on day 3, players could get an extra gold by posting a sonnet about the mafiascum site. And most of us did!

(also, a game about shakespere getting the flavor writing award just FEELS right lol)
+1
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

a 1 game mafia award would be nice.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

glad I could have fired my dayvig in time for the nom
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Goodfellas
04/01/22 DkKoba Ramicus and
Gamma Emerald
Masochist Mafia II These 2 stuck through a >3 year game as scum together and managed to pull off the win. While I personally pulled the trigger that won the game, these 2 dodged all the town power and such and didn't lose a single member. Both Ramicus and GE had high post counts in the game, mainly Ramicus, and they were controlling the game state fairly well. The perfect win was well deserved.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 112, Cook wrote:
Players' Choice/Game of the Year
04/01/22 Cook Firebringer Masochist Mafia II Need I say more? This game has spanned four calendar years and that's an achievement. To that end, that some of the people stayed in those slots
from start to finish
is alone insane.
nth
retired

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”