Mini Normal 2252 | W;ildlife amd strange critters | Over!!

Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (isolation #200) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 1794, Natalya wrote:instead of engaging with me on my points on why im town

he said " i dont want you to pollute the thread anymore"

and then he voted me in elo
yeah sorry
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1805 (isolation #201) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Retti »

this just feels sad now because I feel like everyone bungled this endgame

I really was prepared to just laugh it off and accept the loss coming into the day, I had done everything I could and my team totally ignored me
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1808 (isolation #202) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Retti »

I have blown multiple games in ELO for worse reasons the past few months so I have a lot of sympathy
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (isolation #203) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 1809, Natalya wrote:I did think Retti/Fua were likely scum because they still had such high WIM after so many setbacks. You guys deserve the victory! You all played very well!
Yeah the vibes were fucked unfortunately but I didn't think me being ragey would help

was immensely scared of you on day 1
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (isolation #204) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Retti »

Normal queue is just cursed for town tbh
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1814 (isolation #205) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Retti »

In post 1812, Andresvmb wrote:I’m sorry Pooky. I think my playing history demonstrates that generally speaking I care about not doing stupid shit. I made a logical error. I should have realized that the Gunsmith flip really was horrendous. I take back anything negative I said about other players and I will take a break realizing that I need to improve. This is a great humbling experience, as most Mafia games really are.

This is a sad way to end a streak of 25 consecutive games as Town.

Well played Scum, and Retti in particular.
Thanks, much appreciated. FWIW I said in the scum PT on day 1 you were potentially a threat and you really did put a good scare into me on MELO. My advice to you is take some time off and focus your brain on other things, eventually this game will seem small and unimportant in your mind. I personally find doing puzzles to be a good way to take my mind off mafia.
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (isolation #206) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Retti »

We got stupid lucky, I forgot until now but fua offhandedly suggested Oman as the kill night 2 and I went with it, turns out he'd rolecopped me that night, and he would have gotten my role as "Encryptor"

I fucking died inside when I got the results PM in my inbox and freaked out in the scum PT before opening the thread and seeing the flip
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1821 (isolation #207) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by Retti »

I'll have more commentary in postgame but I'm waiting for George to end it.
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (isolation #208) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:16 am

Post by Retti »

In post 1818, Scorpious wrote:So the charity portion:

Better(all)players than me..

Critiques or advice please.. be straight. I always want to learn
Well, you obviously had an incredibly rough start, but I think you actually recovered excellently. You never truly quit and you were always willing to work with us in the PT, and those are sadly not common qualities. A lot of people ended up buying into the act in the end, which admittedly surprised me a lot but not everyone looks at games the same way, and you playing differently from the rest of us kept anyone from getting the exact team. Cannot emphasize enough, a lot of players would have rolled over and died if they were put in your shoes this game

For feedback, of course, I don't know that the salty AtE route will always work of course, which means just work a little on faking the scumhunting process. You did get called out early on not doing much, and I think, regardless of whatever your "usual" townplay is, the thing to do in the early game is always have reads and push with some degree of assertiveness, you always want to look like you're scumhunting and going after people. You did of course get to that eventually, just that a lot of people were biased against you by that point.

In post 1819, fua wrote:
In post 1805, Retti wrote:this just feels sad now because I feel like everyone bungled this endgame

I really was prepared to just laugh it off and accept the loss coming into the day, I had done everything I could and my team totally ignored me
Good game! This was a bit of a mess, but it definitely could have been a lot worse. Sorry for dropping the ball, Retti, I just felt kind of bad for town and wanted it to be over— and the game was taking forever anyway.
I can understand fatigue but it was, uh, frustrating to have you blow past me making a million warnings that I didn't believe dwlee was 1-shot

But other than that, great game on your part, was a little nervous when you said you weren't experienced in the scum PT and I think you took to the game naturally and basically needed no coaching at all, were active and fearless and fooled a lot of people. Some of the distancing was maybe, ah, a bit aggressive, and I think it's worth being careful about that in the future because too much of it can lead to runaway momentum on your teammates, although you probably right approach with scorp in hot water early.
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1833 (isolation #209) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:17 am

Post by Retti »

In post 1828, Dwlee99 wrote:Gg ty for modding, I am bad and didn't have the right solve even in dead thread. I think I forgot Retti and Galron shouldn't both be town lol

Anyway yea was fun, no hard feelings, will try to not suck as hard in the future
I was certain I'd get domed by you right until my team quickhammered
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1839 (isolation #210) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:45 am

Post by Retti »

In post 1835, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 6, the worst wrote:fua, Scorpious, Retti <== this is still the entire scumteam and they're still laughing at me
iconic
Lmao
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (isolation #211) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Retti »

And, uh, sorry town. Rough game in a lot of regards.

Feel bad for Oman to come back to this, not the best experience to have. The normal queue in particular just seems to have scumsided meta, unfortunately, for a variety of reasons. Win rates favored scum back in the day, too, though, feel like not a lot has changed in that regard. (there was a lot of lurking and replacements a decade ago!) I swear not all games are this bad, though.

(did they not get sent a result on me because he died? shocked they weren't calling for my head in the dead thread)
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1842 (isolation #212) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Retti »

In post 1838, Andante wrote:lol 2 of my TRs were maf... I definitely contributed to that loss... my bad team... I still had fun though!!! Thanks for hosting!
I will say, don't feel too bad...
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (isolation #213) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Retti »

In post 1852, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:dude your avatar was literally peter pan and no1 alt outted you
It's Link, actually

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”