Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Tet »

In post 447, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 445, Tet wrote:Because they slipped as scum.
Hold up. Pause. What?

-baby bear
I'm probably making my thought hard to follow.

Mush says Ceph flavor slipped as one of two people (antagonists) which would make them scum.

Mush softens their stance based on Ceph's responses.

Which wouldn't matter if cephrir scum slipped with their flavor (from Mush's perspective).
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by The Three Bears »

In post 442, Arcade Pals wrote:VOTE: The Three Bears

I think that their reaction on page 13 to the fake day vig is fake but trying to look genuine. By that I mean, I don't believe that they believed that they were dead, and I don't think it was a townie reaction.
Spoiler: Milk's page 13.
In post 302, The Three Bears wrote:It's true. Any slot with me in it is an easy elim. Waste of a dayvig lol.

-baby bear
In post 306, The Three Bears wrote:Is that a literal dayvig?

-baby bear
In post 309, The Three Bears wrote:bruh wtf?! i do hope you're joking but if not, jesus shit wtf.

-baby bear
In post 311, The Three Bears wrote:like im literally such an easy mislim that would've happened someday anyways wtf was the reason.

-baby bear
In post 317, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 315, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 311, The Three Bears wrote:like im literally such an easy mislim that would've happened someday anyways wtf was the reason.

-baby bear
You sure don't sound like a townie who just got killed. I feel like I shot correctly.

Or are you hoping I'm faking it still?
I cant say anything else in case it was a joke and if it wasn't, you'll know what you did soon enough anyways.

-baby bear
In post 319, The Three Bears wrote:i hope so because this was stupid if not a joke. lld's read rate on me is actually laughably bad that if that was a genuine dayvig, thats literally horrible.
In post 321, The Three Bears wrote:i get that im scummy but a dayvig is not justified no matter what here especially not with lld's read rate on me

You dont' believe that they didn't believe they were dead?
Yeah ok, I have the awareness that last time this happened they were actually shot and it was before they even got to post.
emotional fluctuation is there and is accurate to disbelief imo.

-Pinkie
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:15 pm

In post 450, Tet wrote:Mush says Ceph flavor slipped
Where is this? I skimmed Cephy's iso and did not see anything about like what flavor they are anywhere???

-baby bear
a beary good hydra \o/
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 446, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Some of my deepest reads are usually hard to convey because they rely so heavily on Norwee logic that just doesn’t translate well when i try to type it out as a post in an mafia game.
Google Translate works pretty good.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

New rule everyone must put their posts through at least three layers of Google translate between different languages
Imprefection is the spice of life.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:19 pm

On the topic of Cephy, I don't have a read but one thing I found weird was that he jumped on Mush for being defensive but then also gave my posts an 'x'. If he thought mush and i were svs, that would be weird. I'm also just all around confused on what his read on Mush is. I think though that Fenny saying that he had a decent read on Cephy makes me feel better about him.

-baby bear
a beary good hydra \o/
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 453, Galron wrote:
In post 446, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Some of my deepest reads are usually hard to convey because they rely so heavily on Norwee logic that just doesn’t translate well when i try to type it out as a post in an mafia game.
Google Translate works pretty good.
Au contraire. One of my favourite things to do when I'm bored is to go on Google Maps, find random places like shops or restaurants in Japan or China and read the reviews translated from East Asian languages into English. It's free entertainment.

Then again, both Norwegian and English are Germanic languages so that might work better.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:21 pm

In post 454, MegAzumarill wrote:New rule everyone must put their posts through at least three layers of Google translate between different languages
"There's no point" is what came out from the original of "Nothing is gonna make any sense"
@_@

-baby bear
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:21 pm

english -> spanish -> chinese -> english
a beary good hydra \o/
Arcade Pals
Arcade Pals
Goon
Arcade Pals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Arcade Pals »

In post 445, Tet wrote:
In post 80, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 75, Cephrir wrote:
In post 70, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 68, Cephrir wrote:
In post 63, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 61, Cephrir wrote:ah, good, we're going to have ~fun~ this game
Look if you didn't want to get burned down early then you should've used your noggin before you fluffposted, now its too late and that's your problem not mine
how dare i attempt to have fun. i should be burned at the stake for this heinous crime
Fluff isn't a crime

It's the scum poking out of it
i'd be interested in seeing you try to explain this without copying LLD's homework
Sure but only because it turns out she wasn't seeing what I saw, whoops

The content of your post reads EXACTLY in theme with a specific part of Control, but its a part that wouldn't be very likely to come up in a green role PM. If you hadn't fluffposted without thinking through the consequences of your actions you might have been fine, but instead you fluffposted in a way that gave the game away, precisely because you didn't know what you were talking about. Sorry bud
This is kind of my main issue with mush's push on Ceph with the caveat being I have no idea about anything related to this game beyond the quick wiki scrub I did. So unless the founder guy kept some kind of diary and it is a CORE part of the game then this blatant flavor outing of cephrirs is just BS.

Compound that with Mush's trajectory on Ceph (which is good admittedly) and it doesn't seem believable. If Ceph's flavor was blatantly found in one of the two antagonists that were named then Ceph's rebuttals wouldn't matter. Because they slipped as scum.
Hold on, do we know that scum has flavor that matches the antagonists?
Dunnstral and MariaR
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

No but like i’d make these emotional connections and deep mind analyzises of Noraa as a person, how they work, how they think. But all that comes out as text is: *Fart noise*
And then nobody listens.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:24 pm

In post 454, MegAzumarill wrote:New rule everyone must put their posts through at least three layers of Google translate between different languages
Just so you know, I will start in the broken ass bits of latin I know, and translate through a Cyrillic and East Asian language to make sure none of the point gets through.

-Rosea Ursi
a beary good hydra \o/
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I will just start posting in French lmfao
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Tet »

In post 452, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 450, Tet wrote:Mush says Ceph flavor slipped
Where is this? I skimmed Cephy's iso and did not see anything about like what flavor they are anywhere???

-baby bear
In post 123, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 117, Cephrir wrote:i would still like a more thorough explanation of post 80 mush

if you're right and i'm scum, then i will surely have already relayed what mistake i made to my scumteam, so i don't see what the harm could be in outing your secret flavor read
Its not a secret. Your role PM is like blatantly either Trench or Dylan full stop send tweet

PEDIT: Dragons, buddy, friend, I don't know the dude and I don't use meta literally at all if I don't have personal history with a player, your arguments may be convincing to you but I'm immune to them? Sorry, it's like "ok so that's your history, enjoy that"
Where mush calls out Ceph for flavor. He voted in post 60 but claimed to have 1 read a little before post 60.
The only post I could reasonably connect to having any flavor implications is:
In post 57, Cephrir wrote:Day 2

Dear D.I.A.R.Y.,

So far the mission is going according to plan. No one has figured out that I'm an alien. The earthlings are... "friendly," as they say. I have much to learn about this culture. As of yet, I have not identified any Bad Earthlings. I hope the others can assist me, as the combination of my superior deductive capabilities and Earthling knowledge of their own traditions should surely be formidable.

Yours,
Ce'phyy

P.S. I don't know what Control is actually about.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by Tet »

@Arcade: no but it's a reasonable assumption. As far as I've read up on control there are just different types of supernatural entities (like classes) and then the former founder as the main antagonist (controlling these entities maybe?) So them being part of the scum team flavor makes sense.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:38 pm

In post 464, Tet wrote:@Arcade: no but it's a reasonable assumption. As far as I've read up on control there are just different types of supernatural entities (like classes) and then the former founder as the main antagonist (controlling these entities maybe?) So them being part of the scum team flavor makes sense.
... SCP?

is this an SCP game?!
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:38 pm

--Pinkie
a beary good hydra \o/
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Tet »

It's based on SCP yeah.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:47 pm

oh fuck yeah my interest just spiked :D

-Pinkie
a beary good hydra \o/
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Has anyone ever made an Tet offensive joke based on your username?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Tet »

Nope, shoot your shot.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Goddd this game is a cold fucking splash of water in the face after that meeting godddddddd I fuckin hate it here

That's a meme, I'm memeing, shush

OKAY SO TET! Anyway problem is like Ceph said he decided to do that fluffpost shit BEFORE the role PM rwas received. And yeah scum could be lying but the thing is it's unfalsifiable, so I have to accept the POSSIBILITY it MIGHT be true, regardless of alignment, which would make it NAI, or else its potentially fucking game throwing on my part LOL

SO I re-read Ceph later and there's some fucking good posts and the reaction to pressure doesn't look as bad as I remembered, DO I STILL FUCKING PUSH THAT? Cause like, it is UNLIKELY but NOT IMPOSSIBLE (or even implausible!!!) that Ceph stumbled into the one bit of flavor that can only arguably come from antagonists??? And like, if the psoting is town and my mindread slot (LLD) is saying to give space it seems like the right move is to see Ceph catch scum, bus or flame out and get yoten???? If you say I still push that then Idfk guess you suck at mafia buddy lol
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 455, The Three Bears wrote:On the topic of Cephy, I don't have a read but one thing I found weird was that he jumped on Mush for being defensive but then also gave my posts an 'x'. If he thought mush and i were svs, that would be weird. I'm also just all around confused on what his read on Mush is. I think though that Fenny saying that he had a decent read on Cephy makes me feel better about him.

-baby bear
i am not townreading mush, but i didn't think your reasons for scumreading mush were good
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Ircher »

As promised, here are some examples of MUSH's fallacious logic.
In post 80, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:The content of your post reads EXACTLY in theme with a specific part of Control, but its a part that wouldn't be very likely to come up in a green role PM. If you hadn't fluffposted without thinking through the consequences of your actions you might have been fine, but instead you fluffposted in a way that gave the game away, precisely because you didn't know what you were talking about. Sorry bud
According to MUSH, Cephrir is scum for because it isn't likely to have come from a town role pm. Let me point out some of the various ways this argument is fallacious:

1: It presupposes that Cephrir is familiar with the source material. This is evidently false because in , Cephrir explicitly states he is not familiar with the source material. You may argue that it's scum indicative regardless, but there's nothing preventing someone with a town alignment who is unfamiliar with the source material from making the exact same post. While it may be true perhaps that a scum role pm may make such a post more likely (I wouldn't know as I don't know the source material), it is at best a marginal difference.

2: It also presupposes that Cephrir's role is directly related to the post at hand and that Cephrir pulled material from his role pm to make that post. There is no evidence in favor of this assumption; in fact, later posts highly suggest this is not the case as Cephrir denied MUSH's guess in .

The following two go together.
In post 106, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Ircher why do you think I'm making any claims about Cephrir specifically and not a general statement about anyone in the circumstances Cephrir finds himself in
In post 111, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Ceph and I have never played together, there is no meta being used here

I guess you're still scum. Great job bolstering my early hypothesis
MUSH's argument here is that I am scum at least in part because I misinterpreted one of MUSH's earlier posts as being a specific observation about Cephrir rather than a general observation. For reference, the post I misinterpreted was :
In post 63, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Look if you didn't want to get burned down early then you should've used your noggin before you fluffposted, now its too late and that's your problem not mine
I would like to point out that if you are reading chronologically (and thus haven't seen the elaboration in , then it is very easy to interpret this post as MUSH scum reading fluffposting in general. My assumption was since that in the general case, that does not equate scum, there must have been something specific between MUSH and Cephrir that led to Cephrir's post being scummy in MUSH's eyes. does not contradict my initial assumption; in fact, it reinforced it. Finally, there was also Lady Lambdadelta's take in , and her take is in fact a meta read. These factors combined, my original assumption, while incorrect, was reasonable. The issue here is that MUSH is trying to twist this around and paint it as scum!me protecting scum!Cephrir. MUSH is completely ignoring the "how would town come to this assumption" and instead jumps straight to the conclusion that reinforces MUSH's own preexisting bias. The argument that I am scum for making an incorrect assumption is fallacious because it completely ignores all the other equally plausible scenario and instead picks the one that fits in the most with MUSH's narrative.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:43 pm

Post by T3 »