Let's Discuss the Hyperpost Meta

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by RH9 »

I think that maybe there should be a Post Limit where each player is only allowed 25 Posts per Real Life Day.
If they post more than that, the excess posts will be deducted from the subsequent Real Life Day's Post Limit.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by RH9 »

I think that a good idea would be to give players a cooldown timer as Koba previously suggested.
Every time that a player posts more than 5 times in a row, they are required to stop posting until another player (or the mod) makes a post.
Then everybody can keep up at a reasonable pace.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:20 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 43, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 42, Andante wrote:like, people seem to be skipping over the idea of like that player asking people to calm down or just "hey all yall post too much, I can't keep up" like, I know in games when people are struggling to keep up that's where I'll try and help them like "hey tell me your reads, lets go from there" but like I think I've only been ask once to post less.
You may be right; it's possible that the problem lies in part with the people who just assume they won't be able to follow everything and then don't even try. But then again, I'm sure there are people who want to actually be able to read all the posts in the game, and these strategies won't help. I guess that's another group that we'd want to hear input from-- the supposed people who have trouble keeping up. I guess those are less likely to be the kinds of people who frequent MD, so that might be trickier.
I would say that I both hyperpost and finds it hard to keep up when others do. I would say that while Post Caps might be cool in theory, it seems quite strenuous to implement without overt mod influence. In my opinion, the best method to handle hyperposters is a cooldown period rather than a Post Cap.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 54, MathBlade wrote:
In post 52, RH9 wrote:
In post 43, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 42, Andante wrote:like, people seem to be skipping over the idea of like that player asking people to calm down or just "hey all yall post too much, I can't keep up" like, I know in games when people are struggling to keep up that's where I'll try and help them like "hey tell me your reads, lets go from there" but like I think I've only been ask once to post less.
You may be right; it's possible that the problem lies in part with the people who just assume they won't be able to follow everything and then don't even try. But then again, I'm sure there are people who want to actually be able to read all the posts in the game, and these strategies won't help. I guess that's another group that we'd want to hear input from-- the supposed people who have trouble keeping up. I guess those are less likely to be the kinds of people who frequent MD, so that might be trickier.
I would say that I both hyperpost and finds it hard to keep up when others do. I would say that while Post Caps might be cool in theory, it seems quite strenuous to implement without overt mod influence. In my opinion, the best method to handle hyperposters is a cooldown period rather than a Post Cap.
The problem is you haven’t defined hyperposter and the subjectivity happens.
That's fair. I define hyperposter as somebody who posts multiple times in a row. Which seems to be not the popular opinion.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:25 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 59, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I used to be an extreme hyperposter to such an obnoxious degree that people wouldn’t want to play games with me specifically due to that. I actually couldn’t help it att due to my severe dyslexia but overtime, I learned and discovered ways to overcome it and as a result, I’ve received very few complaints about that in a very long time and I continue to improve on this but it took me an extremely long time to get there.

Now I ask myself before I press “submit”, do I really want to post _____? Is my post actually contributing in a helpful/useful way to the gamestate/to advancing my wincon or providing entertainment/fun or am I just posting irrelevant/redundant content that is only serving to clog up the game? Perhaps if all hyperposters asked themselves that question and they put more thought into it, that would go a very long way to combat the problem?
I think that this is a great idea.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:54 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 62, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You know, some players only type big chunk wallposts that reply to every single thing said in 50 posts and listing off 100 quotes.
I have a much harder time catching up to a game where i need to read posts like that than a game with short posts spread out over many pages.
I agree. Wallposters also make it hard for me to catch up.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:45 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 73, TemporalLich wrote:I like hyperposting as it lets me thoughtstream instead of having a refined wall
Oh! That's definitely true.
I tend to find that most walls that I read feel unnatural and less genuine. While when people do a thoughtstream in one-liners, I tend to feel better about them.
Which I have to admit is unfair against wallposters.

v/la every weekend

Return to “Mafia Discussion”