Post by OutWorldER »

In post 52, skitter30 wrote:
In post 32, OutWorldER wrote:VOTE: Something_Smart

don't like that first post
Why not?
In post 60, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 32, OutWorldER wrote:VOTE: Something_Smart

don't like that first post
I'm not sure what this means. Can you explain what bugged you?
just seemed strange to me to make such a nothing, no-vote post, during a speedwagon, and then dipping for the rest of the day. rubs me the wrong way, and I can't really put my feelings into words beyond that.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:00 am

Post by OutWorldER »

early town pings on datisi since he feels remarkably calm and measured on page 2. I think scum!tisi would probably both post later than he did and take a different tone than what he's got already.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:26 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 65, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 64, OutWorldER wrote:I think scum!tisi would probably both post later than he did and take a different tone than what he's got already.
Different tone? Also, have you played with scumtisi recently?
I haven't been here for about 6 months and the game I'm basing this off of was almost a year ago so it could have changed but Datisi is chronically incapable of keeping his shit together when scum from my experience, so I'd expect him to come across as more paranoid and panic-sounding if he were scum. I modded 2195 and got to see his mental breakdowns in real time and there's a lot of similarity between that playerlist and this one.
skitter30 wrote:@outworlder ... what do u think of the speedwagon on dats and/or the people involved in it?
The only person I get any minor scumpings on in the wagon is Ari for (feels like a weak excuse made to try and sway Datisi from his Baltar read) but it's not something I'd commit to at this moment. I agree with Datisi on your contribution to the wagon and Baltar seems to be playing how I remember him playing 2195 where he was town.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:52 am

Post by OutWorldER »

quickhammers are always scum-sided even if it was town quickhammering scum in my experience. D1 should usually be taken slowly regardless of how much people dislike it, in my opinion.

RTP has not tried to pocket me yet so I'm thinking he's town.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:54 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 86, OutWorldER wrote:quickhammers are always scum-sided even if it was town quickhammering scum in my experience. D1 should usually be taken slowly regardless of how much people dislike it, in my opinion.

RTP has not tried to pocket me yet so I'm thinking he's town.
shit *they
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:05 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I think I'm gonna switch to VOTE: InnocentVillager because I also don't like the naked vote and I think RTP is playing their town game.

@Aristeia while we have you here in you said
rvs distancing vote scum love to place on a buddy to be cute.
while this pertained to Baltar you're also implying Datisi as a scumbuddy. Could you elaborate on how your actually feeling about Datisi rn? Or how you felt about them when you made that post? It keeps bugging me.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:25 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 105, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 63, OutWorldER wrote:just seemed strange to me to make such a nothing, no-vote post, during a speedwagon, and then dipping for the rest of the day. rubs me the wrong way, and I can't really put my feelings into words beyond that.
Oh you were serious lol. If I knew that I would have responded to it sooner.

It's so early, though. It's good that you're trying.
hate this

"its so early" always feels like a way for somebody to dismiss questions or people poking at their posts

that feeling is not abated when you also provide no content on your own volition while other people are throwing stuff out there
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:39 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I think I can agree with House = town because the assumptions he uses about Datisi to argue his meta are quite...generous? I guess would be the word? He's going about in a far less cautious way than I imagine scum would try to make this kind of argument.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:42 am

Post by OutWorldER »

like, assuming that a player can read you perfectly because of 1-2 games together strikes me as a town thing to do since I don't think most scum would afford themselves that kind of assumption, if that makes sense.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:49 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I was in the game that Frogster used his SSS thing (assuming he's referring to 2185). It required taking a psychometric test (OCEAN) and I don't remember it being used for much outside of D1.

though that game was a fuck-fest in several ways so I'm not surprised Frogster would want to test his theory out in another game.

Lapla feels a lot like newb town to me. The post that Dats is getting him on feels like a new town that's unsure of himself, especially when faced with the possibility of some strange new survey (from his perspective). I also don't agree with the whole "giving Frogster a roadmap to get on his goodside" bit since, he's just, not? I'm not sure how to phrase how I feel about that bit.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:07 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I thought IV's vote was suspicious due to the timing of it and wanting to go along with RTP.

Nothing was so suspicious about your own vote from my perspective so I just made a note of it and figured you'd elaborate on it later.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 224, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 222, OutWorldER wrote:I thought IV's vote was suspicious due to the timing of it and wanting to go along with RTP.

Nothing was so suspicious about your own vote from my perspective so I just made a note of it and figured you'd elaborate on it later.
I actually think my naked vote was kind of shittier than IV's in the sense that it could be perceived as scummy defense/chainsaw/whatever regardless of IV's alignment. I guess that's why I find it strange you didn't attack me for it when (I think) you said you had an early scum ping on me.
I believe your confusing when I said I had a scum ping on Aristeia for saying she had a scum ping on you (for reasons I found suspect). I've been town reading the entire time so far.

Also I usually assume that when people scumread/vote me it's because I said something stupid and not for any nefarious purposes unless they actively say something that makes me think otherwise.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:28 am

Post by OutWorldER »

It's not just the nakedness of the vote, it was the timing of it. It was coming just as the RVS Speedwagon on Datisi was winding down and it looked like scum being late to the party but still wanting to go along with the popular wagon even though Datisi was starting to accrue townpings/reads by the time it was made.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:55 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Frogster is playing mostly how I remember them playing in 2185, very forceful and ambitious. As a side note, I am mad about 2185 being linked since it's been a year and I'm still angry about that game.

Although @Frogster why is (was? did your read change drastically at ?) RTP a big scumread for you?
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:09 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 376, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 374, OutWorldER wrote:Frogster is playing mostly how I remember them playing in 2185, very forceful and ambitious. As a side note, I am mad about 2185 being linked since it's been a year and I'm still angry about that game.
He definitely had a very ridiculous fight with NPOM that game it looked like. Is that what you remember?
It wasn't any specific moment in that game, just a unique sort of aggressiveness when pushing his SR's that he's also showing here.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:59 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 383, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 380, OutWorldER wrote:unique sort of aggressiveness
What does this mean more specifically?
I'm not sure I can put it into words. The best I can come up with that Frogster often feels...showy? Like when he's 1v1ing someone, it often feels like he's talking about them and not at them, I guess? I can't really describe how I feel about it. I just know that the tone he's taking in his interactions with you feels similar to tone I felt in 2185.

@Frogster honestly most of my residual anger from that game comes from the RB fakeclaim nonsense that got me elim'd, and not you.

I think scum!RTP is more likely to actively wrangle the gamestate towards a certain way and they've been passive in that regard, so that's why I've kept a townread on them for right now.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

House's posting reminds me of when I was 13 and so I trust him instinctively. That is not a dig at him that's my genuine feeling lol
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:45 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

For right now I trust RTP because I'm fairly sure this is their town game and so I'm willing to go along with a Lapla elim because of that. Neither IV or S_S have done anything to dissuade my previous thoughts on their slots so I'll remain parked though.
Honestly I didn't get much out of these last few pages.
House wrote:
In post 663, OutWorldER wrote:House's posting reminds me of when I was 13 and so I trust him instinctively. That is not a dig at him that's my genuine feeling lol
I'm 46, though.
checks out, anyone over the age of 30 posting on the internet posts like a mid 2000's teenager.
not sure how that's supposed to be TMI though.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 841, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 675, OutWorldER wrote:For right now I trust RTP because I'm fairly sure this is their town game
What makes you say this? I'd like to be convinced of that so I can stop wasting my time trying to figure them out.
I believe I've said it already but my impression of RTP scum game is that their likely to try and actively wrangle the gamestate to be favorable towards scum. I think their significantly more passive this game than they would be if they were scum.

Admittedly, I've only been in three games with RTP's alt/main account, only one of which was their town game and all were over a year ago, so I could be wrong/things could've changed.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 863, Aristeia wrote:
In post 862, OutWorldER wrote:I believe I've said it already but my impression of RTP scum game is that their likely to try and actively wrangle the gamestate to be favorable towards scum. I think their significantly more passive this game than they would be if they were scum.
I think they would be just generally more aggressive, and I also get this feeling that in a scum!RTP world they don't push a Lapla wagon regardless of Lapla's alignment. It's one of those things I'm not able to put into words.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

I am fairly bad at reading newbs of any alignment and the case other players that I currently think are town are bringing against Lapla make more sense than my gut feeling on Lapla's slot, which is why I'm okay with the Lapla wagon even though my own reads tell me to push for I_V or S_S today.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 890, Aristeia wrote:
In post 880, OutWorldER wrote:I am fairly bad at reading newbs of any alignment and the case other players that I currently think are town are bringing against Lapla make more sense than my gut feeling on Lapla's slot, which is why I'm okay with the Lapla wagon even though my own reads tell me to push for I_V or S_S today.
That doesn't really explain your RTP read though.

If RTP is scum and LaPla is town then RTP is doing what they need to do to get the elimination here? Like what more aggression do you expect them to be doing?
I already said that if RTP is scum I don't think they push Lapla this hard regardless of Lapla's alignment. When I say aggression I guess I'd expect them to be pocketing harder, prodding people a bit more, things unrelated to pushing wagons because RTP is always aggressive when pushing wagons regardless of their alignment.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:28 am

Post by OutWorldER »

right, D2 started at a bad time for me, trying to catch up while tired, my thoughts will probably be really scattered.

I think VPB's posting today is bad but in the "town who is overly paranoid" kinda bad and his claimed info on A50/Math means there's no reason to lim him today regardless.
I fundamentally disagree with I_V being given a townpass for the mason claim, I think House is all but conftown but I've been in a situation before where town fakeclaims and accidentally clears a scum (in the same game I was with Frogster) and really would not enjoy a repeat of that.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:47 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Skitter and VP are the only ones I realistically could see killing RTP, and I already explained why I think VP is town/no reason to lim him today, so Skitter is the only option here I think.

VOTE: Skitter
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1613 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:11 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I mean, yeah, S_S has been apathetic, to the point that he has not made a single vote this entire game and consistently dances around major events/wagons. He's active lurking through and through.

I absolutely want to kill S_S at some point but I think Skitter is better today.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:07 am

Post by OutWorldER »

@ I worded that wrong/confusingly, basically what I wanted to say is that RTP's aggressiveness in pushing wagons/SR's is not AI for them since they are always go hard on their pushes, but that also I do not think scum!RTP pushes Lapla as an SR at all in that scenario. Based on past meta with RTP, RTP would be more likely to defend their newbscum partner/divert course.

@ both Skitter and VP were being pushed hard by RTP day 1 and with Lap flipping scum RTP would be going into Day 2 with a lot of credibility. I think one of those two would've gotten turbolimmed already if RTP were alive right now, and RTP wasn't really pushing anyone else on D1. If Skitter and VP were town, I don't see why scum wouldn't just leave RTP alive and let RTP push through a mislim on D2 and then kill later.

@ Your Datisi push at the beginning of the day was really tinfoily and reachy. The "chain elim" argument is something I've seen from town before when they're paranoid about a slot and it's usually a bad argument since it's much more likely that the slot in question is just looking through potential associatives.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 1662, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1647, OutWorldER wrote:@1615 Your Datisi push at the beginning of the day was really tinfoily and reachy. The "chain elim" argument is something I've seen from town before when they're paranoid about a slot and it's usually a bad argument since it's much more likely that the slot in question is just looking through potential associatives.
So let me ask if you agree with datisi it is unlikely the other two scum were on a Lap bus. You think both scum were off wagon?
Yeah, I'd agree that the other scum were likely off wagon.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 1684, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1677, OutWorldER wrote:Yeah, I'd agree that the other scum were likely off wagon.
Can you walk me through your reason for believing this?
RTP is already flipped, assuming you are town and you are being truthful about your info on A50's slot, then A50/Math is town. House is all but conftown because of the mason claim. Frogster had been pushing Laplacian basically since they arrived to the game and was one of the kickstarters of it along with RTP.

The only viable candidates for a bus are Datisi, Andres, and Ari. Datisi's push before Lap in and do not read as distancing to me and the same goes for his pushes later in the day, nor does Datisi have a reason to kill RTP. The same goes for Ari and Andres, I don't think either of those slots kill RTP N1.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

The way Datisi put Lapla, a newbscum and he would've known that, directly in the spotlight to fend for himself in the posts I linked leads me to believe those could not be S/S interactions.
In post 1757, VP Baltar wrote: As far as the "X would never kill RTP" argument, I find that completely silly. There are many reasons to kill RTP, including trying to smear me.
Scum would not need to kill RTP to push through a lim on you, especially since RTP seemed completely set on You/Skitter. That was my point, that if Skitter was town then scum would have no reason to kill RTP, since RTP would most likely drive through Skitter's mislim themselves.

I think regardless of anything, Skitter needs to get flipped today.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

That's normal for me, I usually have A Lot Of Thoughts(tm) and if I didn't pick my words carefully I would end up incomprehensible. Most of my posts go through like 500 small revisions and sometimes I'll start posting something and then overwhelm myself and just give up on saying anything.

Sometimes I'll stream of consciousness but only when I get particularly inspired.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5773 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:20 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I genuinely didn't see this ending in a town victory. I guess I was right that the faster I die the more likely town is to win, lmao.

It was fun for the day I was alive, and spectating was a wild ride. thanks for modding catboi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”