Back-up moderator:
implosion

Set-up designed by:
Greeting

Reviewed by:
mastina
&
Ircher

Welcome to Mini Normal 2267! The theme of this game will be the biggest music hits of the first half of the 2010s.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
(2011)

Commentary: Biggest hit of the year 2012. No one saw the plot twist at the end of the music video coming!

Player list:

• geraintm

• Galron
    Enchant
    ()
  • Rathe

• MalcolmTucker

• Scorpious

• Andresvmb

• Morning Tweet
    Andante ()
    JacksonVirgo
    ()
  • avalina
    angela
    ()
  • Jacket
    Nero Cain
    ()
  • Shoshin
    Not_Mafia
    ()
  • Ghost Bird
    Save The Dragons
    ()
  • PookyTheMagicalBear

• KittyTacky

• Spoiler: Alive players
  • Rathe
    (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • Andresvmb
    (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • JacksonVirgo
    (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • angela
    (
    Town N1/N2/N3 Tracker
    )

• Spoiler: Dead players
  • Not_Mafia
    - eliminated Day 1 (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • PookyTheMagicalBear
    - killed Night 1 (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • Scorpious
    - eliminated Day 2 (
    Mafia Mailman
    )
  • KittyTacky
    - killed Night 2 (
    Town Friendly Neighbor
    )
  • Save The Dragons
    - eliminated Day 3 (
    Mafia Roleblocker
    )
  • Enchant
    - killed Night 3 (
    Town One-shot Neighborizer
    )
  • MalcolmTucker
    - eliminated Day 4 (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  • geraintm
    - killed Night 4 (
    Town Cop
    )
  • Nero Cain
    - eliminated Day 5 (
    Mafia Watcher
    )

• Spoiler: Modkilled players
  • This is a list you don't want to be on.

• Events and vote counts:

• Day 1 start | VC 1.1 | VC 1.2 | VC 1.3 | VC 1.4 | VC 1.5 | VC 1.6 | VC 1.7 | VC 1.8 | VC 1.9 | VC 1.10 | VC 1.11 | VC 1.12 | VC 1.13 | VC 1.14 | VC 1.15 | VC 1.16 | End of Day 1 + Beginning of Night 1 | End of Night 1
  • Day 2 start | VC 2.1 | VC 2.2 | VC 2.3 | VC 2.4 | VC 2.5 | VC 2.6 | VC 2.7 | VC 2.8 | VC 2.9 | VC 2.10 | VC 2.11 | End of Day 2 + Beginning of Night 2 | End of Night 2
  • Day 3 start | VC 3.1 | VC 3.2 | End of Day 3 + Beginning of Night 3 | End of Night 3
  • Day 4 start | VC 4.1 | VC 4.2 | VC 4.3 | End of Day 4 + Beginning of Night 4 | End of Night 4
  • Day 5 start | VC 5.1 | VC 5.2 | VC 5.3 | VC 5.4 | VC 5.5 | End of Day 5 (GAME OVER)
  • Last edited by Greeting on Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:32 am, edited 66 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Greeting »

Rules

Game-specific information:

1. This game consists of 10 players aligned with the town faction and 3 players aligned with the mafia faction.

2. Day One lasts 10 days (216 hours). Every next Day Phase lasts 7 days (168 hours), except for the phase in which the town faction should find themselves in ELo (“eliminate or lose”) should that happen in the course of this game – that Day Phase will last 5 days (120 hours).

3. Night Phase lasts 2 days (48 hours).

4. Day Phase ends early if 50% of players + 1 player come to a decision to vote out a single player. The game then enters twilight phase, which lasts until I announce the results of the Day Phase. Posting during the twilight phase is allowed, but no votes may be changed or cast. No votes changed or cast during twilight phase shall be counted as valid.

5. In case the Day Phase ends and there is no majority of votes on any single player, no player is voted out and Night Phase begins.

6. The mafia have day talk.

7. The mafia have multitasking.

General rules:

1. The MafiaScum.net rules apply in full in this game, as they do elsewhere on MafiaScum.net and are to be applied directly in any matters not covered by this ruleset. I reserve the right to enforce site-wide rules in this game should I find any players breaking them, and ask the listmods for help when necessary. Should any player find any rules in this game be in conflict with site-wide rules, please PM me and I shall refer to the listmods to resolve the issue.

2. The rules specific to this game and the MafiaScum.net rules also apply in other threads which are part of the game (included, but not limited to: the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, Private Threads should there be any), unless it is stated in the relevant thread that they don’t.

3. Play to achieve your winning role condition.

4. Do not discuss the content of this game anywhere outside the relevant game threads (included, but not limited to: this thread, the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, or Private Threads should there be any).

5. Do not speak privately about the game anywhere except for places where it is explicitly allowed.

6. Do not directly quote any PMs sent to you regarding the game, unless it is explicitly allowed to do so.

7. Do not directly quote from any other game-related thread into this thread (examples: quoting from the Mafia thread into this thread or a Private Thread a player has into this thread). It is, however, allowed to quote directly from other games into this thread under the condition that the relevant game ended.

8. If you are dead in the game, you are no longer allowed to post in this thread. You will be provided with access to a Dead/Spectator thread, where you can comment on the game freely.

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9a. Racism, homophobia, misogyny or any other form of discriminatory action is not allowed under any circumstances. Jokes and dark humor can be offensive, so if you are worried that a joke can cause offense, refrain from making it.

9b. Do your best to not misgender anyone. Use pronouns that are preferred by the player.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead.

Using meta on other players is allowed.

10. If, as a player, you believe that a rule was broken and I missed it, please PM me before commenting about it in the thread. I will get back to you and take action if necessary.

11. If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

Voting and activity:

1. The proper voting format is VOTE: Greeting (use of the vote tag). You may also use bold tags, however, in that case, the format must be
    Vote: Greeting
    . Votes cannot be put in spoilers and should a player do so, the vote will not be counted as valid.

1a. I reserve the final right to determine whether a vote is valid or not and will use my best judgement in doing so.

2. Discussing replacements is allowed only after they happen. It is not allowed to discuss any possible future replacements, to threaten to replace or ask another player to replace out.

3. Players must not make their posts unreadable. That includes, but is not limited to:

- excessive use of bright colors;

- using a very small font size;

- writing in a way that makes the text not readable for the naked eye (for example by using a black font that matches the site background).

4. I will use the color
    #0080FF
    in communication with others. I kindly ask you to refrain from using it and pick another color to avoid confusion.

5. Players must post at least once every 36 hours. Prods will be sent out when a player hasn’t posted with game-advancing content for at least 36 hours.

5a. Once a player receives a prod, they have 24 hours to respond. If they do not respond by posting game-advancing content, they will be replaced. If the player returns before I find a replacement, they may rejoin the game.

5b. Should a player receive a second prod, I will request explanation for the inactivity by PM, failure to provide a satisfactory explanation will result in replacement. If satisfactory explanation is provided, the player will be allowed to remain in the game, provided they resume posting game-advancing content.

5c. Third prods are unacceptable under any circumstances. A player who is to be prodded for the third time will be force-replaced from the game and not allowed to return

5d. Should a player be due to receive a prod during Night Phase (example: they haven’t posted for 36 hours and then players decide to hammer), they are required to post within the first 12 hours of the next Day Phase. Should they fail to do so, they will be prodded.

6. V/LA is allowed for up to 5 days (120 hours). If you plan on going on V/LA for longer than 120 hours, please PM me requesting replacement. Things happen in real-life and I will understand that.

Private Threads:

1. You may request a Private Thread where you can make notes for the game at any time and I will provide you with such. You may not have more than one Private Thread. Having access to a Mafia thread or any other game-related thread you share with other players does not count as having a Private Thread for the purpose of this rule.

2. As a repeat from 7. of “General rules”, you are not allowed to copy from the Private Thread into the game thread.

3. The reverse of 2. above is allowed. You may quote content from this thread into a Private Thread.

4. After the game is over, you will have 48 hours to request redactions or ask for your Private Thread not to be released. Failure to act will result in your Private Thread being released with no redactions.

5. The Mafia thread and the Dead thread, as a rule, will be released upon endgame without redactions. You may request redactions in private before endgame, however you must provide reasonable explanation for your request and the request may be denied.

6. Discussing the existence or non-existence of potential Private Threads is allowed.

Miscellaneous:

1. Players are allowed to claim mafia individually when town-aligned if they feel like it will aid their team in achieving your role condition. Players are not allowed to claim mafia with other players.

2. If a player has a PR, town or mafia, the choice whether to use their role or nor is entirely up to them. No prods regarding role usage will be sent out during Night Phase (or Day Phase, should the game setup involve any roles used during Day Phase).

3. Do not pretend to break the rules. Pretending to break the rules is against the rules.

4. Rules may change during the game, but only in exceptional circumstances. Should that happen, the players will receive an obligatory notification about this occurrence both via PM and by a mod announcement in the game thread.

5. Per Mini Normal Game rules, hydras are not allowed
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Greeting »

Sample Role PM

Welcome to Mini Normal 2267!

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Every Day Phase you may cast a vote to eliminate a player whom you think is aligned with the mafia.

You win when there are no more mafia-aligned players alive and there is at least one town-aligned player in the game.

Please respond and confirm your role and alignment and also that you acknowledge the game's rules with regard to alt accounts.

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result in force replacement.
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Greeting »

Pregame progress

1. Making the Mod thread;

2. Making the Game thread;

3. Making the Dead & Spectator Thread;

4. Randomized assignment of roles;

5. Creating role PMs;

6. Organizing Mod thread;

7. Sending out role PMs;

8. Awaiting confirmation.

Game will start when 11/13 players have confirmed their roles.

Confirmation status: 13/13.
    Last edited by Greeting on Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:15 am, edited 13 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Greeting »

Save The Dragons replaces Ghost Bird!

angela replaces avalina!

Nero Cain replaces Jacket!
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Greeting »

Day 1 begins!

Votecount 1.0
    Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
    (2010)

Commentary: An uncommon case of an indie rock song becoming a hit. The band's frontman, Mark Foster, indicated that the contrast between the dark lyrics and the upbeat melody was intentional. In recent years, the song has become a meme because of its lyrics referencing American school shootings.

Not Voting
    (13):
    geraintm
    Galron
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious
    Andresvmb
    Morning Tweet
    angela
    Nero Cain
    Shoshin
    Save The Dragons
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    KittyTacky

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-03-27 01:39:00).

Rathe and Shoshin have (expired on 2022-03-17 19:00:00) to confirm their roles. Failure to confirm by then will result in replacement.
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:38 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.1
    Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
    (2014)

Commentary: The song won Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars two Grammy Awards in 2016 (Record of The Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance). As of March 2022, the music video for "Uptown Funk" is the 9th most viewed video of all time on YouTube.

Nero Cain
    (3):
    Andresvmb
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Morning Tweet

Galron
    (1):
    KittyTacky

geraintm
    (1):
    Nero Cain

Save The Dragons
    (1):
    geraintm

Scorpious
    (1):
    Galron

Not Voting
    (6):
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious
    angela
    Shoshin
    Save The Dragons

Last edited by Greeting on Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Greeting »

Seeking replacements for Rathe and Shoshin.

Rathe confirmed their role. Shoshin has been replaced.

Day 1 deadline is frozen at 9 days, 5 hours, 33 minutes, countdown will resume once both slots are either replaced or confirm their roles before I find replacements.
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 83, angela wrote:for greeting since the namesake of this account is in the video:

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Greeting »

Not_Mafia replaces Shoshin!

The deadline has been unpaused.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-03-27 01:39:00)
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.2
    Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
    (2011)

Commentary: Katy Perry recorded a version of the song in simlish for The Sims 3.

The role of Kathy Beth Terry's (played by Katy Perry) friend is played by Rebecca Black. Yes, that girl who made songs about days of the week.

Nero Cain
    (3):
    Andresvmb
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Morning Tweet

angela
    (1):
    Rathe

Galron
    (1):
    KittyTacky

geraintm
    (1):
    Nero Cain

Not_Mafia
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

Save The Dragons
    (1):
    geraintm

Scorpious
    (1):
    Galron

Not Voting
    (4):
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious
    angela
    Save The Dragons

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-03-27 01:39:00)
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.3
    Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne - Rather Be
    (2014)

Commentary: I think the music video is just so great. Probably because I'm a simp for Japan.

Fun fact, the actors and the filming crew got shouted at for dancing inside the train, because it's considered a rude thing to do in Japanese trains.

Nero Cain
    (4):
    Andresvmb
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Morning Tweet
    geraintm

geraintm
    (1):
    Nero Cain

KittyTacky
    (1):
    Rathe

Morning Tweet
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Not_Mafia
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

Scorpious
    (1):
    Galron

Not Voting
    (4):
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious
    angela
    KittyTacky

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:30 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.4
    Rihanna - Diamonds
    (2012)

Commentary: Rihanna herself said of the track the following:
    "I think a lot of people are afraid of being happy because of what others might think of it. ... They're afraid to embrace that and embrace themselves and love themselves and do what they love and do what makes them happy."

KittyTacky
    (3):
    Rathe
    Morning Tweet
    PookyTheMagicalBear

Nero Cain
    (2):
    Andresvmb
    geraintm

geraintm
    (1):
    Nero Cain

Not_Mafia
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

Rathe
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Scorpious
    (1):
    Galron

Not Voting
    (4):
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious
    angela
    KittyTacky

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.5
    Macklemore, Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz - Thrift Shop
    (2012)

Commentary: I interpret this song as a cheeky nod to hipster culture. The song was also quite ahead of its time when it comes to speaking in favour of recycling clothing vs. consumerism.

geraintm
    (3):
    Nero Cain
    Rathe
    KittyTacky

KittyTacky
    (3):
    Morning Tweet
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    geraintm

Andresvmb
    (1):
    MalcolmTucker

Nero Cain
    (1):
    Andresvmb
    Not_Mafia
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

Rathe
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Scorpious
    (1):
    Galron

Not Voting
    (2):
    Scorpious
    angela

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Greeting »

Andresvmb and Save The Dragons have been prodded.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.6
    LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock - Party Rock Anthem
    (2011)

Commentary: Now everybody is going to feel really old. It actually took me 10 minutes to do this vote count because I pressed play on the MV for Party Rock Anthem and just watched it until the end.

Andresvmb
    (2):
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious

geraintm
    (2):
    Nero Cain
    Rathe

KittyTacky
    (2):
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    geraintm

Rathe
    (2):
    Save The Dragons
    Morning Tweet

Scorpious
    (2):
    Galron
    Andresvmb

Not_Mafia
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

Not Voting
    (2):
    angela
    KittyTacky

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Greeting »

Rathe has been prodded.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 574, Scorpious wrote:We really need a VC..

I might even be at 4 right now..
    I'm on it.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.7
    Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull - On The Floor
    (2011)

Commentary: Queen of bad rom-coms and dance-pop united with Mr. Worldwide (not the first nor the last time) to make this catchy hit song.

Scorpious
    (4):
    Galron
    Andresvmb
    KittyTacky
    Nero Cain

KittyTacky
    (2):
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    geraintm

Andresvmb
    (1):
    MalcolmTucker

geraintm
    (1):
    Rathe

Not_Mafia
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

Rathe
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Not Voting
    (3):
    angela
    Scorpious
    Morning Tweet

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.8
    Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers - Get Lucky
    (2013)

Commentary: This
    is
    the MV. Proof? Skip to 2:20.

Scorpious
    (4):
    Galron
    KittyTacky
    Nero Cain
    geraintm

Galron
    (2):
    Morning Tweet
    Andresvmb

Andresvmb
    (1):
    MalcolmTucker

geraintm
    (1):
    Rathe

KittyTacky
    (1):
    PookyTheMagicalBear

Not_Mafia
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

Rathe
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Not Voting
    (2):
    angela
    Scorpious

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Greeting »

Not_Mafia has been prodded.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.9
    Avicii - Wake Me Up
    (2013)

Commentary: Avicii was one of the biggest DJs of the 2010s. His sudden death in 2018 was quite a shock to me to be honest.

Scorpious
    (4):
    Galron
    KittyTacky
    Nero Cain
    geraintm

Galron
    (3):
    Morning Tweet
    Andresvmb
    Save The Dragons

geraintm
    (1):
    Rathe

KittyTacky
    (1):
    PookyTheMagicalBear

Not_Mafia
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

Not Voting
    (3):
    angela
    Scorpious
    MalcolmTucker

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:46 pm

Post by Greeting »

Galron has been prodded.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.10
    Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg - California Gurls
    (2010)

Commentary: I remember reading a whole ass article in a gazette for teens about this song being plagiarism of Kesha's TiK ToK (released 2009 so will not be featured in this game). Even with the evidence presented, I still don't really hear the similarities.

Galron
    (3):
    Morning Tweet
    Andresvmb
    Save The Dragons

geraintm
    (3):
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious

Scorpious
    (3):
    KittyTacky
    Nero Cain
    geraintm

KittyTacky
    (1):
    PookyTheMagicalBear

Not_Mafia
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

Not Voting
    (2):
    angela
    Galron

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:46 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.11
    Pitbull feat. Kesha - Timber
    (2013)

Commentary: This one is serious and longer than others, and so if you don't want to read it and/or think it would be an unnecessary distraction to a mafia game, I put it in a spoiler below so you don't have to occupy your mind with it whatsoever.

Spoiler: About Timber and Kesha
    Timber was Kesha's third major worldwide hit (after TikTok and Die Young) and also another collaboration with (aside of Pitbull) the infamous music producer Dr. Luke. Whenever I see or hear her name, Dr. Luke always comes up too. I think it's really terrible that this man had so much influence and power over her career over the years. If there's a major power imbalance and the person in power has bad character, the dependent person is put in a tragic position where they are faced with a choice between keeping their career and their mental health/bodily autonomy. Unfortunately, Kesha's career seems to be put on hold and her fight for justice definitely made record labels not want to cooperate with her, even though she's definitely a talented singer and artist who is capable of having worldwide hits. The results of her lawsuits have also been disappointing. Meanwhile, Dr. Luke keeps working with other female artists like Katy Perry and, the new phenomenon in the pop music industry, Kim Petras.

It also makes me wonder how many predators like Dr. Luke and Harvey Weinstein exist and thrive in the entertainment and music industries. There's also a worrying correlation between the predators being mostly men and the victims being mostly women. Let's hope that #MeToo helps to eventually eradicate this.

geraintm
    (3):
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious

Not_Mafia
    (2):
    Not_Mafia
    Nero Cain

Scorpious
    (2):
    KittyTacky
    Andresvmb

Galron
    (1):
    Morning Tweet

KittyTacky
    (1):
    PookyTheMagicalBear

MalcolmTucker
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Not Voting
    (4):
    angela
    Galron
    Scorpious
    geraintm

Last edited by Greeting on Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Greeting »

Did I finally snatch a pagetop without needing filler posts?

Votecount 1.12
    Britney Spears - Till The World Ends
    (2011)

Commentary: It's about time the icon who provided my avi got a shoutout in this game!

This song is a reference to the 2012 phenomenon. I wonder if there were people in the world who really believed that the world would end that year.

Fun fact: Kesha co-wrote this song!

Scorpious
    (3):
    KittyTacky
    Andresvmb
    Galron

geraintm
    (2):
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker

Not_Mafia
    (2):
    Not_Mafia
    Nero Cain

Galron
    (1):
    Morning Tweet

KittyTacky
    (1):
    PookyTheMagicalBear

MalcolmTucker
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Not Voting
    (3):
    angela
    Scorpious
    geraintm

Last edited by Greeting on Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:21 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.13
    Shakira - Waka Waka
    (2010)

Commentary: What a nice way to commemorate the first time the FIFA World Cup was held in South Africa. And Africa as a continent too.

Not_Mafia
    (2):
    Not_Mafia
    Nero Cain

Save The Dragons
    (2):
    Galron
    Rathe

Scorpious
    (2):
    KittyTacky
    Andresvmb

Galron
    (1):
    Morning Tweet

geraintm
    (1):
    MalcolmTucker

KittyTacky
    (1):
    PookyTheMagicalBear

MalcolmTucker
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Not Voting
    (3):
    angela
    Scorpious
    geraintm

Please check if the VC is correct.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Greeting »

Andresvmb has been prodded for the second time.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.14
    will.i.am feat. Britney Spears - Scream & Shout
    (2012)

Commentary: The iconic phrase "it's Britney, bitch" had its comeback in this dance-pop track. I think it's worth noting that Britney is barely singing in this song at all, which probably indicates that she didn't want to do this in the first place.

Not_Mafia
    (4):
    Not_Mafia
    Nero Cain
    angela
    PookyTheMagicalBear

Save The Dragons
    (4):
    Galron
    Rathe
    geraintm
    MalcolmTucker

Scorpious
    (2):
    KittyTacky
    Andresvmb

Galron
    (1):
    Morning Tweet

KittyTacky
    (1):
    Scorpious

MalcolmTucker
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Last edited by Greeting on Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.15
    Justin Bieber feat. Ludacris - Baby
    (2010)

Commentary: One of the most hated songs of its time. Even though it isn't a top-notch musical achievement, it's not very bad either. The hate Justin received for it was completely out of proportion and a reflection of how wild and cruel the Internet was 12 years ago. I think all the death threats or nasty memes could have scarred him and could have been part of the reason for him going wild in his late teens.

Not_Mafia
    (6):
    Nero Cain
    angela
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Save The Dragons
    Galron
    geraintm
    (E-1)
    Save The Dragons
    (2):
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker

Scorpious
    (2):
    KittyTacky
    Andresvmb

Galron
    (1):
    Morning Tweet

geraintm
    (1):
    Not_Mafia

KittyTacky
    (1):
    Scorpious

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:31 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1300, Not_Mafia wrote:
    @mod Can we have an extra day on the deadline due to daylight savings?
    No.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (isolation #31) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:05 am

Post by Greeting »

This is a kind reminder to player Andresvmb to check their PM inbox and react to the prod I had sent out earlier. Given the fact that they have received a second prod, a reaction is required and the resumption of posting is not enough.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (isolation #32) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Greeting »

Final vote count of Day 1!

Votecount 1.16
    Adele - Rolling in the Deep
    (2010)

Commentary: This song won 3 Grammies. I'm going to let this fact speak for itself.

Not_Mafia
    (7):
    Nero Cain
    angela
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    Save The Dragons
    Galron
    geraintm
    Scorpious
    (Hammer)
    Save The Dragons
    (4):
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Not_Mafia
    Andresvmb

Galron
    (1):
    Morning Tweet

Scorpious
    (1):
    KittyTacky

With 13 alive, it took 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 ended.
    Last edited by Greeting on Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:35 am

Post by Greeting »

Day 1 Result
    Not_Mafia
    was eliminated!

Not_Mafia
    was a
    Vanilla Townie

Spoiler: Role PM

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Every Day Phase you may cast a vote to eliminate a player whom you think is aligned with the mafia.

You win when there are no more mafia-aligned players alive and there is at least one town-aligned player in the game.

Please respond and confirm your role and alignment and also that you acknowledge the game's rules with regard to alt accounts.

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result in force replacement.

It is now Night 1.

Night 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-03-29 10:27:00)
    Last edited by Greeting on Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (isolation #34) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:50 pm

Post by Greeting »

Morning Tweet has requested replacement. Seeking replacement for Morning Tweet.

Night 1 timer is paused at 1 day, 13 hours, 4 minutes.
    Last edited by Greeting on Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:22 am

Post by Greeting »

Andante replaces Morning Tweet!

Night 1 timer is resumed. Night 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-03-29 10:27:00).

Outcome of Night 1 will be announced very soon. Apologies for the delay.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:23 am

Post by Greeting »

Night 1 Result
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    was killed!

PookyTheMagicalBear
    was a
    Vanilla Townie

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Excerpt from the rules:

Night 1 ended.
    Last edited by Greeting on Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (isolation #37) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Greeting »

Day 2 begins!

Votecount 2.0
    Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP - We No Speak Americano
    (2010)

Commentary: This song was big in Europe, less so in America. Which is why our U.S. based players may not have heard it before.

Not Voting
    (11):
    geraintm
    Galron
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious
    Andresvmb
    Andante
    angela
    Nero Cain
    Save The Dragons
    KittyTacky

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 2 ends in: (expired on 2022-04-07 09:08:00).
    Last edited by Greeting on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.1
    Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
    (2014)

Commentary: Back in 2014 this song and music video were considered very controversial. They caused an uproar. I think it's all quite tame compared to Cardi B's WAP (released 2020).

Save The Dragons
    (2):
    Andresvmb
    Rathe

Scorpious
    (2):
    KittyTacky
    angela

Andante
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

angela
    (1):
    Scorpious

Not Voting
    (4):
    geraintm
    Galron
    MalcolmTucker
    Nero Cain

Last edited by Greeting on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:40 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.2
    Jessie J - Domino
    (2011)

Commentary: This was before Jessie J came out as... heterosexual and then went on to compete in a Chinese talent show.

Scorpious
    (3):
    KittyTacky
    angela
    geraintm

Save The Dragons
    (2):
    Andresvmb
    Rathe

Andante
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

angela
    (1):
    Galron

geraintm
    (1):
    Scorpious

Not Voting
    (2):
    MalcolmTucker
    Nero Cain

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.3
    Gotye feat. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know
    (2011)

Commentary: I think that this song is beautiful and I have pretty much nothing else to say about it.

Scorpious
    (4):
    KittyTacky
    geraintm
    Rathe
    Nero Cain

Andante
    (1):
    Scorpious

angela
    (1):
    Galron

Save The Dragons
    (1):
    Andresvmb

Not Voting
    (4):
    MalcolmTucker
    angela
    Save The Dragons
    Andante

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:30 am

Post by Greeting »

Given that there is a lot of speculation regarding how roles work in this game, I allowed myself to copy-paste part of the response I sent to one of the players earlier (please note that this version is altered).

This is a closed setup. This means that, in general, the whole of players are not informed of any special roles existing in the game. On start, the players only know the roles they get themselves. A player's knowledge of the setup should only expand as the game progresses and, for instance, flips happen. If someone has special abilities in this game, for instance an investigative role, they may sometimes get to uncover a carefully rationed bit of the game's set-up (with exceptions, obviously). If someone has a non-investigative role, they could influence the knowledge of others. Et cetera, et cetera.

I believe that if I were to address any speculation regarding the way roles in general are supposed to work in this game, it could create the impression that the particular role I am talking about exists in the game and having done so, possibly influence the course of the game. I think that this would be unacceptable for me to do as a mod. I cannot confirm or deny the existence of any roles or the validity of any role claims made in the course of this game in any way.

What I can safely say is that this is a
    Normal setup
    and it has been reviewed positively in terms of normalcy by two reviewers of the
    NRG (Normal Review Group)

If you have any questions regarding this, now is the time to ask them, otherwise they will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon (that is, morning for U.S. timezones). There is no harm in asking, if I feel like providing the answer is not detrimental to the integrity of the game I will answer it.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Greeting »

I don't see any questions regarding my last announcement so I'm off for the night.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Greeting »

I hope the issue will now be considered cleared.

I would like to point out that the answers that I have sent out a few minutes ago were given as a result of listmod's instructions which I completely disagree with, but feel bound by them.

Because this discussion lasted for a very long time - and the listmod has decided that it needs to be mod-resolved, in case somebody feels like they have wasted a lot of time because of this, I am going to add 36 hours to the Day 2 deadline.

Day 2 ends in: (expired on 2022-04-07 05:32:00)
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.4
    PSY - GANGNAM STYLE
    (2012)

Commentary: This was the first clip to reach a billion views on YouTube. The song also paved the way for k-pop to enter the mainstream world music industry.

Scorpious
    (3):
    KittyTacky
    Nero Cain
    geraintm

angela
    (1):
    Galron

Galron
    (1):
    Andante

geraintm
    (1):
    MalcolmTucker

MalcolmTucker
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Save The Dragons
    (1):
    Andresvmb

Not Voting
    (3):
    angela
    Scorpious
    Rathe

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.5
    Baauer - Harlem Shake
    (2012)

Commentary: Truly a meme song. Not a hit in the conventional sense, but the viral 2013 Harlem Shake trend made this song known to a worldwide audience.

MalcolmTucker
    (3):
    Save The Dragons
    Andante
    Andresvmb

Scorpious
    (3):
    KittyTacky
    Nero Cain
    geraintm

Andante
    (1):
    Scorpious

geraintm
    (1):
    MalcolmTucker

Not Voting
    (3):
    angela
    Rathe
    Galron

Last edited by Greeting on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (isolation #46) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Greeting »

Andante has requested replacement. Seeking replacement for Andante.

Day 2 timer is paused at 5 days, 10 hours, 46 minutes.
    Last edited by Greeting on Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (isolation #47) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Greeting »

JacksonVirgo replaces Andante!

Day 2 timer is resumed. Day 2 ends in: (expired on 2022-04-07 05:54:00).
    Last edited by Greeting on Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2005 (isolation #48) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2001, JacksonVirgo wrote:Sup bitches. It's ya boi.
    While I don't think this post was made with bad intentions in mind, I kindly ask all players to refrain from using language that may potentially cause offence.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2008 (isolation #49) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:10 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.6
    Lady Gaga feat. Beyoncé - Telephone
    (2010)

Commentary: It's been 12 years and we're still waiting for Telephone Part 2. Yeah, I know it's never happening, but one can only wish.

MalcolmTucker
    (3):
    Save The Dragons
    JacksonVirgo
    Andresvmb

Scorpious
    (3):
    KittyTacky
    Nero Cain
    geraintm

geraintm
    (1):
    MalcolmTucker

JacksonVirgo
    (1):
    Scorpious

Not Voting
    (3):
    angela
    Rathe
    Galron

Last edited by Greeting on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2042 (isolation #50) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:37 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.7
    Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
    (2014)

Commentary: This song, although musically pretty average, sends a very positive message of self-acceptance. I think that a lot of people don't actually realise how strongly the world tends to favour conventionally attractive traits and how does it affect people who don't have them.

Scorpious
    (4):
    KittyTacky
    Nero Cain
    geraintm
    Rathe

MalcolmTucker
    (2):
    Save The Dragons
    Andresvmb

geraintm
    (1):
    MalcolmTucker

JacksonVirgo
    (1):
    Scorpious

Not Voting
    (3):
    angela
    Galron
    JacksonVirgo

Last edited by Greeting on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2044 (isolation #51) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2043, geraintm wrote:You have Rathe twice in the VC
    You are correct, the VC has been fixed.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2051 (isolation #52) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Greeting »

Galron has been prodded for the second time. He will need to respond to the prod via PM before resuming posting.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (isolation #53) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.8
    Coldplay - Paradise
    (2011)

Commentary: This is the only song by Coldplay that I like.

Scorpious
    (3):
    KittyTacky
    geraintm
    Rathe

MalcolmTucker
    (2):
    Save The Dragons
    Andresvmb

geraintm
    (1):
    MalcolmTucker

JacksonVirgo
    (1):
    Scorpious

Not Voting
    (4):
    angela
    Galron
    JacksonVirgo
    Nero Cain

Please note that I am monitoring the activity and inactivity of players, and actions will be taken in accordance with the game rules if necessary.
    Last edited by Greeting on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2104 (isolation #54) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Greeting »

Seeking replacement for Galron due to not picking up second prod PM within 24 hours of receiving it. If Galron returns before I find a replacement, he may stay in the game.

Timer for Day 2 is paused at 3 days, 9 hours, 53 minutes.

I kindly remind all players that per game rules one should post with game-advancing content at least once every 36 hours. If you are unable to meet that requirement temporarily, please declare V/LA in game thread, by PM or using the User Control Panel. It is allowed to do so for up to 120 hours, but once V/LA has passed you are fully expected to resume posting in the game.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (isolation #55) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2094, Scorpious wrote:
    Really, fuck you..

We let you live and you are saying you have nothing other then gut to vote others off..

This is scum… anyone that doesn’t see it, should take a break from playing..
    Please refrain from using this language in the game.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (isolation #56) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.9
    Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
    (2013)

Commentary: Another very controversial song and music video of its time. The controversy was magnified by Miley's past role as teen idol Hannah Montana in Disney's 2000s TV series. Miley Cyrus has been clearly fighting to change her image as teen-pop star and be treated as a more mature artist, going into rock and country in recent years.

Scorpious
    (3):
    KittyTacky
    geraintm
    Rathe

MalcolmTucker
    (2):
    Save The Dragons
    Andresvmb

geraintm
    (2):
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious

Not Voting
    (4):
    angela
    Galron
    JacksonVirgo
    Nero Cain

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (isolation #57) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Greeting »

Enchant replaces Galron!

Day 2 timer is resumed. Day 2 ends in: (expired on 2022-04-07 09:08:00).
    Last edited by Greeting on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (isolation #58) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.10
    Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX - Fancy
    (2014)

Commentary: The unreleased demo version did not feature Charli XCX and was called Leave It. Leave It is definitely more of rap song than Fancy. I doubt it would have ever become the hit it was without the pop chorus sang by Charli XCX though.

Scorpious
    (4):
    KittyTacky
    geraintm
    Rathe
    angela

geraintm
    (3):
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious
    Andresvmb

MalcolmTucker
    (2):
    Save The Dragons
    JacksonVirgo

Not Voting
    (2):
    Nero Cain
    Enchant

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2235 (isolation #59) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Greeting »

MalcolmTucker has been prodded.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (isolation #60) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2408, Enchant wrote:Executioner taking nap.
    No, I was at work. I will check if hammer happened in about an hour or so. In case hammer did happen, it’s twilight and you can all keep posting if you wish, just no vote changes past hammer will be counted.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2422 (isolation #61) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:41 am

Post by Greeting »

Final vote count of Day 2!

Votecount 2.11
    Martin Garrix - Animals
    (2013)

Commentary: Electro house was big in the early-to-mid 2010s.

Scorpious
    (6):
    KittyTacky
    geraintm
    Rathe
    angela
    Enchant
    JacksonVirgo

geraintm
    (4):
    MalcolmTucker
    Scorpious
    Andresvmb
    Save The Dragons

Not Voting
    (1):
    Nero Cain

With 11 alive, it took 6 to eliminate.

Day 2 ended.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2423 (isolation #62) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:53 am

Post by Greeting »

Day 2 Result
    Scorpious
    was eliminated!

Scorpious
    was a
    Mafia Mailman

You are a
    Mafia Mailman

Every Day Phase you may mislead town into eliminating a fellow townie.
    In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. You may send them a message. The player will be informed that the message came from a Mailman but not of the Mailman's alignment. Please note that all game-specific and MafiaScum.net rules apply to the content of the message. If you fail to submit a message that does not conflict with either the game-specific or MafiaScum.net rules, it will be rejected and you will be deemed to not have used your role.

You win when the mafia-aligned players constitute a majority of all players in the game or there is an equal amount of mafia-aligned players and town-aligned players or there is nothing to stop it from happening. In order for you to win, at least one mafia-aligned player must remain alive in the game.

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

It is now Night 2.

Night 2 ends in: (expired on 2022-04-07 15:55:00)
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (isolation #63) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Greeting »

Night 2 result will be announced soon.
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2425 (isolation #64) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Greeting »

Night 2 Result
    KittyTacky
    was killed!

KittyTacky
    was a
    Town Friendly Neighbor

You are a
    Town Friendly Neighbor

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, that player will receive the following message "
    Player
    is aligned with the town".

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

Night 2 ended.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2426 (isolation #65) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Greeting »

Day 3 begins!

Votecount 3.0
    Kiesza - Hideaway
    (2014)

Commentary: Kiesza is a hugely underrated artist in my opinion. This was her only major hit so far.

Not Voting
    (9):
    geraintm
    Enchant
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Andresvmb
    Andante
    angela
    Nero Cain
    Save The Dragons

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 3
    ends in: (expired on 2022-04-14 17:40:00)
    ended early.
    Last edited by Greeting on Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2510 (isolation #66) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 3.1
    Alicia Keys - Girl on Fire
    (2012)

Commentary: I've heard a parody of this song before the actual song. The parody was so cringey, I'd rather die than share it. No, I'm not being overly dramatic.

MalcolmTucker
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Save The Dragons
    (1):
    Andresvmb

Not Voting
    (8):
    geraintm
    Enchant
    Rathe
    Andante
    angela
    Nero Cain

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 3
    ends in: (expired on 2022-04-14 17:40:00)
    ended early.
    Last edited by Greeting on Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2592 (isolation #67) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:31 am

Post by Greeting »

I will do a VC in about 4-5 hours.

Sorry, VC might have to wait a bit longer.
    Last edited by Greeting on Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2643 (isolation #68) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Greeting »

Final vote count of Day 3!

Votecount 3.2
    Disclosure feat. Sam Smith - Latch
    (2012)

Commentary: The vocalist, Sam Smith, came out as non-binary a few years ago and uses pronouns they/them.

Save The Dragons
    (5):
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    geraintm
    Andresvmb
    JacksonVirgo
    (Hammer)
    MalcolmTucker
    (1):
    Save The Dragons

Not Voting
    (4):
    Enchant
    Andante
    angela
    Nero Cain

With 9 alive, it took 5 to eliminate.

Day 3 ended.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2644 (isolation #69) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Greeting »

Day 3 Result
    Save The Dragons
    was eliminated!

Save The Dragons
    was a
    Mafia Roleblocker

You are a
    Mafia Roleblocker

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. If that player has a power role and used it that night, they will be roleblocked. You will not receive any feedback as to whether you were successful or not.

You win when the mafia-aligned players constitute a majority of all players in the game or there is an equal amount of mafia-aligned players and town-aligned players or there is nothing to stop it from happening. In order for you to win, at least one mafia-aligned player must remain alive in the game.

Excerpt from the rules:

It is now Night 3.

Night 3 ends in: (expired on 2022-04-10 23:06:00).
    Last edited by Greeting on Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2645 (isolation #70) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Greeting »

There have been incidents of accounts who are not part of the game posting in this thread. Please post only using the account with which you have joined this game, and if you're not part of this game in any way, do not post in it.

I am aware that shiki and angela are interconnected, so post will remain in the game unredacted and it will be treated as if it was angela's post.

I do not know who is ItalianoVD, so post content of posts and (which was quoting the above post) has been removed.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2646 (isolation #71) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Greeting »

Night 3 Result
    Enchant
    was killed!

Enchant
    was a

You are a

In addition, on one chosen Night Phase you may target a player. Assuming no interference, you and the player you targeted will receive access to a Private Thread where both of you can talk for as long as you are alive in the game. This action does not influence the role or alignment of the player. Should there be interference with your role, you may not re-use it.

Excerpt from the rules:

Night 3 ended.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2647 (isolation #72) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Greeting »

Day 4 begins!

Votecount 4.0
    Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
    (2012)

Commentary: I hate Imagine Dragons, but they were big and so probably deserve a shoutout from me too.

Not Voting
    (7):
    geraintm
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Andresvmb
    JacksonVirgo
    angela
    Nero Cain

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Day 4
    ends in: (expired on 2022-04-17 23:25:00)
    ended early.
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2651 (isolation #73) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2650, geraintm wrote:Isn't Jackson in the game? I don't see them.in the list of 7 players?
    This has been corrected.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2743 (isolation #74) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:54 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 4.1
    Route 94 feat. Jess Glynne - My Love
    (2014)

Commentary: Another hit deep house song featuring Jess Glynne.

MalcolmTucker
    (2):
    Rathe
    Nero Cain

Not Voting
    (5):
    geraintm
    MalcolmTucker
    Andresvmb
    angela
    JacksonVirgo

Day 4
    ended early.
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2814 (isolation #75) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 4.2
    Drake feat. Majid Jordan - Hold On, We're Going Home
    (2013)

Commentary: My favourite song by Drake. Probably because it's not really a rap song at all. Why is the MV so dark for such a chill song though?

MalcolmTucker
    (2):
    Rathe
    Nero Cain

Not Voting
    (5):
    geraintm
    MalcolmTucker
    Andresvmb
    angela
    JacksonVirgo

Day 4
    ended early.
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2829 (isolation #76) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Greeting »

Final vote count of Day 4!

Votecount 4.3
    Rihanna - Rude Boy
    (2010)

Commentary: This song gives out such a 2000s vibe. It was technically released in 2009, but made it as a single to very early 2010.

MalcolmTucker
    (4):
    Rathe
    Nero Cain
    angela
    geraintm
    (Hammer)
    Not Voting
    (3):
    MalcolmTucker
    Andresvmb
    JacksonVirgo

With 7 alive, it took 4 to eliminate.

Day 4 ended.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2830 (isolation #77) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Greeting »

Day 4 Result
    MalcolmTucker
    was eliminated!

MalcolmTucker
    was a
    Vanilla Townie

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Excerpt from the rules:

It is now Night 4.

Night 4 ends in: (expired on 2022-04-13 18:10:00).

Given that there are just 6 players left in the game, early Night end and resolve is possible under the condition that all living players request it via PM.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2831 (isolation #78) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Greeting »

Night 4 Result
    geraintm
    was killed!

geraintm
    was a
    Town Cop

You are a
    Town Cop

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will be told whether they are aligned with the
    town
    or with the
    mafia

Excerpt from the rules:

Night 4 ended.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2832 (isolation #79) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:38 am

Post by Greeting »

Day 5 begins!

Votecount 5.0
    Ellie Goulding - Burn
    (2013)

Commentary: The song was originally recorded by Leona Lewis.

Not Voting
    (5):
    Rathe
    Andresvmb
    JacksonVirgo
    angela
    Nero Cain

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Day 5 ends in: (expired on 2022-04-20 18:40:00).
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2835 (isolation #80) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 5.1
    Nicki Minaj - Starships
    (2012)

Commentary:
    Let's go to the beach-each, let's go get a wave!

While Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe was the #1 hit song of 2012, this has got to be #2, and being a hit also deserves a shoutout in this game.

Nero Cain
    (1):
    angela

Not Voting
    (4):
    Rathe
    Andresvmb
    JacksonVirgo
    Nero Cain

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2846 (isolation #81) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:46 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 5.2
    Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand
    (2010)

Commentary: The song samples "Gotta Go Home" by Boney M. I think it's another case of a track that was a hit in Europe but underperformed in the USA.

Nero Cain
    (2):
    angela
    Rathe
    (E-1)
    Rathe
    (1):
    Nero Cain

Not Voting
    (2):
    Andresvmb
    JacksonVirgo

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2866 (isolation #82) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:07 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 5.3
    Emeli Sandé - Next To Me
    (2012)

Commentary: Emeli Sandé is Scottish, of mixed Scottish and Zambian ancestry.

Rathe
    (2):
    Nero Cain
    JacksonVirgo
    (E-1)
    Nero Cain
    (1):
    angela

Not Voting
    (2):
    Andresvmb
    Rathe

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2873 (isolation #83) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:34 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 5.4
    Lorde - Royals
    (2013)

Commentary: "Royals" was meant to be interpreted as a critique of consumerism and sumptuous lifestyle promoted by pop culture. The song's minimalist beat and music video seem to be emphasising this.

Nero Cain
    (2):
    angela
    Rathe
    (E-1)
    Rathe
    (2):
    Nero Cain
    JacksonVirgo
    (E-1)
    Not Voting
    (1):
    Andresvmb

Last edited by Greeting on Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2884 (isolation #84) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Greeting »

Final vote count of Day 5!

Votecount 5.5
    Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness
    (2012)

Commentary: Lana really elevated nostalgia for the past to another level with this beautiful ballad.

Nero Cain
    (3):
    angela
    Rathe
    Andresvmb
    (Hammer)
    Rathe
    (2):
    Nero Cain
    JacksonVirgo
    (E-1)

With 5 alive, it took 3 to eliminate.

Day 5 ended early.
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2885 (isolation #85) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Greeting »

Day 5 Result
    Nero Cain
    was eliminated!

Nero Cain
    was a
    Mafia Watcher

You are a
    Mafia Watcher

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will learn whom, if anyone, targeted that player that night.

Excerpt from the rules:

End of Mini Normal 2267The
    town
    win condition has been met!

The town of:
    geraintm
    Enchant
    Rathe
    MalcolmTucker
    Andresvmb
    JacksonVirgo
    angela
    Not_Mafia
    PookyTheMagicalBear
    and
    KittyTacky
    has won Mini Normal 2267!

The mafia team of:
    Scorpious
    Nero Cain
    and
    Save The Dragons
    has been defeated.

The thread will now be open for post-game, and anyone may comment.
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2889 (isolation #86) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Greeting »

First things first:

Mod Thread - here you will find all the role PMs, action resolution etc.
    Mafia Thread
    Dead & Spectator Thread
    Enchant's Neighborhood

Enchant and geraintm should find that they're able to access Enchant's Neighborhood Thread once again. They have 48 hours to request any redactions, failure to do so will result in the thread being released unredacted.
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2892 (isolation #87) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Greeting »

Secondly, thank you for playing. I hope you enjoyed the game and the setup and if not then I'm sorry and feel free to crap on me. If you think that this setup fell short of your expectations then I only ask that you say what you didn't like so I know how to improve when I host again.

My general feeling is that town wholeheartedly deserved their win, because they played better and made better use of their roles.

I regret giving the town the Tracker role and the mafia the Watcher role. I think the game would have been better had I done the opposite.

And, of course, I apologise for the commotion regarding the Friendly Neighbor role, I will copy and paste what I had said in the Dead & Spectator Thread for everyone to see:
    I wrote:Now that both roles have flipped I can explain why I didn't want to confirm the validity of the Town Friendly Neighbor message.

1) Principles. I don't really want to intervene in the game, I believe it is up to the players to figure out what's going on;
    2) The ambiguity of the Friendly Neighbor message was intentional and was not meant to be a hard townfirm. Turns out, anything that isn't a 100% mod-confirmed Town Friendly Neighbor, according to the NRG and implosion, does not fall into Normal Game standards.

I do think that it's more important that players get what players expect so I kinda made peace with the fact that I had to yield.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2893 (isolation #88) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2890, geraintm wrote:I'm fine sharing the neighbourhood thread
    In post 2891, Enchant wrote:No redaction.
    Thank you, all PTs have now been released for the public.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2902 (isolation #89) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2897, KittyTacky wrote:Why didn't the message go through anyways? That's the main mystery.
    Because Scorpious didn't send it.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2904 (isolation #90) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2903, Scorpious wrote:
    In post 2902, Greeting wrote:
    In post 2897, KittyTacky wrote:Why didn't the message go through anyways? That's the main mystery.
    Because Scorpious didn't send it.

Again, why your FN was the MOAB for me..

I didn’t want to move since I was sus..
    I never understood why you refused to send your message. It would have confirmed you as a Mailman, and you could have tried to convince town that you're a Town Mailman, which is the usual alignment for the Mailman role. Although, in this setup, the Friendly Neighbor was the counterbalance, nowhere does it say that town cannot have both a FN and a Mailman. In fact, I'd bet that someone will include both of these roles as town like KittyTacky said in the Dead Thread.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2906 (isolation #91) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Greeting »

A few lessons I've learnt:

The rule on alts felt great and revolutionary to me when designing the setup, but, in practice, it backfired and caused problems for me while modding. I will not reuse it in my next game. I might revisit it in the future, but I promise that I will ensure that no one is taken with it by surprise.

The second prod rule was meant to be a moment for players to stop and think whether they have the time to commit to the game. In practice, it caused a problem when I learnt that not all players read their PMs. So next game this will be discontinued too, and replaced with a simple three strike out.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2914 (isolation #92) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2912, angela wrote: i really like music related themes for normals
    Get ready for...

Spoiler: Completely unpredictable sequel name
    Mini Normal x | Music Hits of 2015 - 2019 - coming soon to a Normal queue near you!

In post 2912, angela wrote:
    i do not mind the rule but yeah i think it needs to be announced in queue beforehand,
    It absolutely should and it was my mistake to not think about this whatsoever.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2926 (isolation #93) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:39 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2925, MalcolmTucker wrote:
    In post 2906, Greeting wrote:
    A few lessons I've learnt:

The rule on alts felt great and revolutionary to me when designing the setup, but, in practice, it backfired and caused problems for me while modding. I will not reuse it in my next game. I might revisit it in the future, but I promise that I will ensure that no one is taken with it by surprise.

The second prod rule was meant to be a moment for players to stop and think whether they have the time to commit to the game. In practice, it caused a problem when I learnt that not all players read their PMs. So next game this will be discontinued too, and replaced with a simple three strike out.
    What was the alt rule? Wasn't aware of this albeit I have none.
    ...the one cited in your and everyone else's role PM to ensure that everybody knows it?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”